Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 305 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns
8. Re: SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns Apr 10, 2013, 10:29 Endo

"EA finally fixes feature that has never had a problem in any previous SimCity game, ever. Details at 11."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
22. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 31, 2013, 11:19 Endo

Overon wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 10:39:
Unfortunately there is another controversy with the game. For the first time they have implemented a coolant feature (for those of you don't know, the reason you can't keep constantly shooting your weapons is because the generate heat, and heat will shut your mech down or cause it to take damage) that requires you to pay money for. Now there are other coolants that you do not have to pay money to buy. However the most effective coolant has to be bought with real money, there is no way to get it without paying real money.

This has people screaming "pay to win" and this is by definition pay to win when the best stuff can only be acquired with real money. There is only one item in the game so far, and hopefully they will reverse that decision and make it purchasable without using real money.

Community Representatives look out for the interests of the developer and publisher, first and foremost and player interests second. When those are at odds, it's clear whose interest they Community Representatives are going advocate.

I think they need to step back and reassess the whole "Merc Corps" fee.
I quit because of the coolant crap.

Now to be fair, they did change it a little bit. You can now get a coolant with in-game cash that can have the same effect as the better one that can only be bought with real cash. But there's two big caveats to this.

1. You have to use 15,000 GXP to change the former coolant to be as effective as the cash-shop coolant. Typically you get about 5 GXP per game, and most games take an average of about 5 minutes. So most players will spend 200-400 hours worth of game time to unlock this. (Unless of course you spend cash to buy MC to convert other XP to GXP.)

2. The amount of in-game cash for the coolant is too much. Once they introduce the other consumables they have already planned, no one will be able to make enough in-game cash to keep replacing the consumables every game like cash players will. In short, it's just like gold ammo in World of Tanks. So if that's OK with you, then you also won't have a problem with the consumables in MWO.

And contrary to what others have posted, the consumables do make a significant impact. They're not an "IWIN" button, but they make enough of a difference that given similar player skills the player using the consumable (right now, only coolant) will win almost every time. If you had two teams 8 vs 8 of players of similar skill with one team all equipped with coolant and the other team none, it would be a guaranteed win.

My opinion is that cash-shop consumables that give an in-game competitive advantage (especially in PvP) are always a bad idea. Inevitably the developer or publisher will make the cost in in-game money too high so players will want to purchase it with cash-shop currency, which means that even if it is available for in-game currency, the average player cannot purchase it this way, leaving it still (IMO) very much pay-to-win. And that is not at all acceptable to me.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
53. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 28, 2013, 17:39 Endo

btallas wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 16:24:
Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 13:45:
1badmf wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 17:42:
haha i love all the obscure star wars references. i'm not 100% certain, but i think the dude was just making a star wars joke, not actually denigrating blues and co. that's a line obi-wan used to describe mos-eisley in episode 4.

I recognized the quote just fine—the intent behind the comment remains the same. It baffles me that all these wankers, who do nothing but whine at how terrible it is here, stick the fuck around.

Creston

Careful there junior. One day you're gonna have to back up that internet tough guy act and find you don't have a keyboard and monitor to hide behind
Condescend much? I'd suggest you follow Creston's advice.

Also, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Some "internet tough guys" really are tough guys.

And last but not least, stop trolling. I know you think you're being subtle but the only person you're fooling is yourself.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
47. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 15:43 Endo

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 13:59:
I rather clean Blue's oven then play another CoD or BF game.
Yeah same here.

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:01:
Gadzooks wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 13:56:
Funny how some of the older games that had the most fun gameplay, had much more simplistic visuals.
Yeah that is when gameplay was the selling point not graphics and exclusive DLC.
That's why I still play the original UT from '99 and refuse to buy anything like Battlefield or CoD.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
31. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 12:41 Endo

EA's MO with Battlefield series: new shinies! Strip down features as much as possible to get the next new one out as quickly as possible for more $$.

Quantity over quality.

I'll pass, thanks.

News Comments > Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping
33. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 27, 2013, 10:29 Endo

Yet another thread about D3 sucking.

Funny thing is, I called it... way back in June of '09. On this site. No one believed me then, when I said Blizzard's rep as a top-notch developer was going to take a big hit thanks to the next Starcraft and Diablo games.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
52. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 22, 2013, 09:38 Endo

Newbro wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 04:38:
So why all the hate? If you own the game, then stop bitching about it and just enjoy it... or is that too hard for you?
People who are bringing up problems in any manner even remotely constructive are doing it because they like (or want to like) the game. They definitely don't hate the game. Haters don't point out flaws, so much as just.. well, hate.

Take me, for example. I hate EA, and I hate the Battlefield series. I have nothing good to say about either.

As far as I'm concerned, EA can suck a giant donkey dick and the Battlefield games are the worst crocks of shit that ever masqueraded as games.

The only 2 Battlefield games I ever had the misfortune of purchasing were the first one and BC2. The latter only because my friend suckered me into it. I played a few matches and quickly uninstalled. I would have burned the disks, (yes, burned, as in with a fire) but I bought a digital copy.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:07 Endo

And once again it will be a steaming pile of bugs, and once again the millions who jump on it at launch will be shocked.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
7. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 27, 2013, 11:48 Endo

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 11:43:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 11:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 11:02:
I like the game. But man Anet lost all good will they built up with me during GW1. To me it's like it's not even the same company anymore. They were bought once by NCSoft and their biggest shareholder is Nexon. It just doesn't feel right, the direction they took, to me they turned their backs on their own words too many time already. I cannot trust anything they say on their site, too much is just wrong as if they are clueless.

Can you give a few examples? I have always looked at Anet as perhaps the only sane part of that whole NCSoft family tree. Is there some specific situations you are referring to that I am (probably) oblivious of?

Many things in their manifesto (which I'm positive they'll never do again) have been broken.

#1 is horizontal loot progression promise and now we have vertical. And on top of that calendar controlled vertical with the laurels. Then they just added a gob of ectos to get your ascended earnings in addition to calendar controlled laurels. All from a customer that swore to hell and back that this game will not be vertical and not be a grind. There is a fair argument it' one of the grindiest now.

Diminishing Returns. Does any other mmo even have such a thing? And if you do have it on you because you are working an area too much, why not an alert us if we are hitting it? It leaves you wondering... Am I being penalized now? Because loot is crazy stingy in this game.

Things like Fractals were introduced and the only place to get ascended items for months. Which meant a lot of people stopped open world venturing and all became stuck in an instance now going for the best items. Completely against their vision for GW2. Instance Wars 2!

Nov 15. All bosses REALLY will drop loot now... They didn't, not even close. They were called on it and wouldn't quickly fix it, nor even acknowledge. We'll have to see if yesterdays patch fixed that. We had a laugh when we read that as a group.

Open World vs Dungeon difficulty, can something vary more than that. One is brain dead easy, the other is we take all the baddies in the open world and multiply their HP's x25... So unfun, it's punishing. Very few %'wise can run dungeons at level. Most get their level 80's and then run lower leveled dungeons. Whoever deigned/balance these should be pink slipped.

Culling, the more they change it the more you want the original code.

WvWvW, is anything ever going to happen with it?

Accumulating Jan/Feb and now Marches... They are supposed to equal the size of other games expansions. March is going to have to be a killer to live up to that whopper. I'm sure it will fizzle enough.

I hope that is enough to start with.

The thing is I do like it, but it's sloppy, seemingly unorganized which was everything GW1 wasn't to me. That was tight from day 1.
Yeah, all that and more. Coming from GW1, I was fairly disappointed with GW2 from day one. But I gutted it out, until it became obvious they were going to go with vertical progression on gear. I can forgive a lot of mistakes, but not that.

I quit and uninstalled.

News Comments > EA All-in on Microtransactions
24. Re: EA All-in on Microtransactions Feb 27, 2013, 11:45 Endo

EA: Where you go to pay to win!  

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
47. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 23:14 Endo

Too late Ubisoft, everyone hates you now.

Know the appropriate adage?

You made your bed, now lie in it.

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
25. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 05:03 Endo

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 14:27:
And this is why you don't buy games where you can host the server yourself.
Yeah. At least you can still play with LAN. Still, excluding either option from a PC multiplayer game is not acceptable to me.

News Comments > WoW PvP Gear Preview
5. Re: WoW PvP Gear Preview Jan 19, 2013, 04:33 Endo

KS wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 16:03:
Take your best-geared WoW and D3 players, throw in a WoW elite mode Raid boss, and I'll take my mastermind from City of Heroes (RIP).
You could do some truly amazing stuff in that game. Nothing will ever top the tanks you could build in that game.

News Comments > WoW PvP Gear Preview
4. Re: WoW PvP Gear Preview Jan 19, 2013, 04:29 Endo

And people still put up with this BS gear treadmill?

LMAO. SO glad I quit that shit 2 years ago and never looked back.

News Comments > The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans
29. Re: The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans Jan 3, 2013, 02:57 Endo

A year ago, this would have been interesting. Now it's just... a year too late to matter.  

News Comments > Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed
26. Re: Additional Borderlands 2 Classes Confirmed Nov 13, 2012, 10:17 Endo

Prez wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 19:51:
I was afraid "True Vault Hunter" mode wouldn't be doable in singleplayer, but as it turns out my Commando is doing pretty well. Every fight is a serious affair though, and once I reach the level cap I'm afraid not having a level advantage over the last enemies will make it a major slog or even nigh impossible. I haven't tried Assassin or Mechromancer yet; maybe I'll start over as one of them instead. The differences between the Gunzerker and the Commando aren't the most distinct class differences I've ever seen but each did have a somewhat unique feel.
I was able to complete TVH mode solo on my commando without undue difficulty. It was definitely harder than the first playthrough, but still very doable. Also completed the pirate DLC solo in TVH mode. I used the guerilla skill tree to max out the damage on the turret, which never really falls off.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:34 Endo

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 14:30:
Blue's Guild = The Silent Reign on The Tarnish Coast server.

Cres, is all your gear up to speed for your current level? Buffs on gear? Jewllery? Are you utilizing foodstuffs? My jewellery is maxed so I can make it all now though I will need base mats. Didja ask around in the official forums? I've seen some posts in there with really solid advice from people who seem to know a particular class really well.

With the thief it just doesn't matter. You will have about as much survivability as a kleenex no matter what your gear is.

22. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 14:33 Endo

sauron wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 13:16:
Endo wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:22:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:02:
I'm giving up on my Thief...

In the meantime, my Warrior just stands there at level 15 and tanks 2 lvl 17 Sons of Svanir and 2 lvl 16 icewolfs without breaking a fucking sweat.

Creston

Black powder can help a lot in some situations, which is why I usually use dagger with pistol offhand. But in other situations it's just useless.

And totally agree with you about the warrior. In fact, I'm doing EXACTLY the same as you. My thief has been my main (up to 52 now) and as of yesterday I decided to shelve her and work on my warrior. Better survivability AND more damage AND more utility in PvE. There's no downside compared to the thief.

Wow, I did exactly the same! Gave up on my Thief for now and took up Guardian instead. While my lil Asura sneakthief kept getting killed, my brick-wall Nord Guardian lays down the smack while staying upright AND healing and buffing everyone else. An event starts and everyone just gathers round - I guess a tank is still a tank after all.

I also have a Warrior, an Elementalist and a Mesmer, so I guess I'll test them all out but it's Guardian for me for now.
Yeah I started a guardian as well, seems pretty good too. But so far it feels like my warrior has a bit more survivability and deals a bit more damage, just has less group heals and buffs. Of course my guardian is only level 7 so that doesn't mean much.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Mac Client Sep 18, 2012, 12:22 Endo

Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 11:02:
I'm giving up on my Thief. Her personal story just becomes impossible to play at higher levels. I went to go help out the Skritt, and it's basically a small deathmatch level where you have to kill TWELVE Destroyers and a Destroyer Queen. All at once. After dying about five times, I finally managed to get them situated so that I could Scorpion Wire one out of the group and kill it, then rinse repeat.

Then I had to try the Queen about five more times, until finally I managed to kite her with the shortbow just well enough that she went down. Total time it took me for that battle was around an hour, and I had a nice 12 silver repair bill at the end of it. I won't even mention how well she did at the battle for Claw Island...

Order of Whispers my fucking ass. They should just call themselves the Red Vigil.

In the meantime, my Warrior just stands there at level 15 and tanks 2 lvl 17 Sons of Svanir and 2 lvl 16 icewolfs without breaking a fucking sweat.

Creston

Black powder can help a lot in some situations, which is why I usually use dagger with pistol offhand. But in other situations it's just useless.

And totally agree with you about the warrior. In fact, I'm doing EXACTLY the same as you. My thief has been my main (up to 52 now) and as of yesterday I decided to shelve her and work on my warrior. Better survivability AND more damage AND more utility in PvE. There's no downside compared to the thief.

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
11. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 17, 2012, 17:50 Endo

saluk wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 13:43:
My problem with p2p is less a matter of how much I am spending, and more a psychological matter. Look at the last week of my GW2 time. I barely played, I've been busy with work etc. I may be a bit busy to play much this week too. Right now, I am still loving the game every time I play it, but I'm NOT playing often enough to really justify paying every month. Towards the end of the month, I would have to evaluate whether I want to keep paying for something I'm not really using.

On the other hand, I've filled up my character slots. At any point in the next few weeks I might decide to make a new character and buy some slots. While I am putting money in the cash shop anyway, I might buy some other things just for fun. I can justify that a lot easier than I can paying money for a game I'm not spending that many hours on.

The secret world was fun for the first month, but I unsubbed. I didn't unsub because I wasn't having fun, I unsubbed because I wasn't playing. If I want to play again next month, which I might, I will have to consider whether it's worth the hassle to reactivate on the off chance that I play for a day and get distracted away from it again.

Exactly. And this is why, after paying for subscriptions pretty consistently from 2005 until I canceled my Eve sub a couple days ago, I will now refuse to ever pay a subscription for a video game again.

I hope SW does go F2P, so I get a chance to play it. But if it doesn't, oh well, GW2 is good too.

305 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo