Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 304 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
17. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 19:12 Endo

So yeah, I preordered SR IV the day before release. It was worth it. However, I do have to rate it very slightly lower than SR III, for a couple reasons.

1. It uses the exact same engine and graphics, and most of the elements of SR III. So that makes it feel more like an expansion than a whole new release.

2. I don't like the story nearly as well, but that could just be my personal taste.

Like I said, very slightly lower than SR3. It's still a very good game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
22. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 14:51 Endo

So basically EA fucks up their game with updates after release, can't figure out how to fix it and just abandons it.

I understand all this. What I don't understand is why this is news.

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
15. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 16:56 Endo

Not interested in an MMO designed for consoles. Not now, not ever.  

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced
24. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 11, 2013, 13:05 Endo

I don't like EA or DICE. I'll pass.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
1. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 09:39 Endo

Whey the frack do every one of these review sites have the articles in multiple pages (some as many as 24!) with no option to view it all as one page? No thanks, I'll pass.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
49. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 30, 2013, 09:27 Endo

Tulwinn wrote on May 30, 2013, 04:36:
There is a lot of truth in that but even if bugs increased it didnt reflect in loss of players. You dont have those numbers without good retention AND new blood, Wow subscriber numbers were still increasing until fairly recently. Veteran players moaned and threatened to quit over the years and some did and then a lot came back. That looks to be changing now, I myself played a long time and I used to consider myself a player with a short attention span per game. Iíve stopped playing so thatís one long term subscriber they lost but it will take a long time to lose those numbers.
Of course bugs don't always result directly in lost players. If that were the case, the Battlefield series would never have sold any units. But increasing amounts of bugs are an indication of decreasing quality of programming and development. As for players leaving WoW, that's been happening en masse since TBC's release. It just wasn't obvious because for a while they kept getting more new players than the players they lost. When I last played WoW (early Cata) there were very very few players around that had been there since vanilla. Heck, there were very few that had even been there for TBC. I would love to see statistics on how many different players have had active subs to WoW. I would be surprised if that number were less than 100 million.

37. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 16:42 Endo

Xero wrote on May 29, 2013, 16:06:
PropheT wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:12:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:27:
Blizzard will be making money for a long time to come even if the connoisseurs of gaming here at Blues have long turned up their noses at their products.
The scary part about Blizzard is that they finally had their failure with Diablo 3, but it's not so much that it was a huge disappointment to so many people... it's that so many people predicted it beforehand.

I think people predicted it beforehand after sampling the short beta demo of the game. It was easily realized at that point.

I've been predicting D3 being a disappointment since almost 4 years ago, based on the fact that they lost all their top devs. The thing that made it hard for most people to pick up on Blizzard's falling quality is the fact that Blizzard doesn't release many new games. They haven't really released anything new worthwhile since WoW (some will argue since WC3). SC2 is basically (I've been told) SC1 reskinned with a few tweaks... and even so, I don't think most players consider it a real improvement. D3 was a huge letdown. Other than that, all they've released since WoW is... WoW expansions. And to understand how the quality of their developing has gone downhill during the span where all they released were WoW xpacs, you had to pay attention to the trend of steadily increasing bugs and hotfixes, and how many veteran players hated each new xpac (and quit because of them). WoW only did as well as it did for as long as it did because they were able to keep drawing in new blood.

31. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 14:15 Endo

PropheT wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:12:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:27:
Blizzard will be making money for a long time to come even if the connoisseurs of gaming here at Blues have long turned up their noses at their products.

I used to defend Blizzard until I stopped to really think of what they'd done in the last ten years. World of Warcraft was very good, but having no real competitors for so long destroyed MMO's to the point where nobody even tries anymore; they just make free to play stuff and try microtransaction cash grabs instead. Starcraft 2 I don't even know what to think of; it's Starcraft 1 with new paint, it's far from bad but it's just so...forgettable. Diablo 3 was the disappointment of the decade.

And that's it. That's all they've done. A rehash, a failure, and nearly a decade of milking their cash cow. Is that enough for them to be a revered giant in gaming when most of the people who made the things we really loved are long gone from the company? The closes comparison I can think of is that Spider-Man 3 sold tons of movie tickets but still killed the franchise. The scary part about Blizzard is that they finally had their failure with Diablo 3, but it's not so much that it was a huge disappointment to so many people... it's that so many people predicted it beforehand.

That's almost everything they've done. They also released four WoW expansions... but even there most people will agree, each new one was worse than the last.

I've been pointing these things out since... 2008?

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays
1. Re: Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays May 29, 2013, 10:14 Endo

96 hours straight? That seems counterproductive, and definitely inhumane. No game is worth that.  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
44. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 09:35 Endo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2013, 08:31:
It is only disappointing because I have hope that Blizzard with right themselves after the debacle that is D3. I guess I'll have to wait longer than I thought to see if they can...
I wouldn't hold my breath. They lost their best people years ago... which is exactly why D3 turned out how it did, and exactly how I expected it would. Blizzard's best days are done.

News Comments > EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights
33. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 23:13 Endo

NegaDeath wrote on May 6, 2013, 18:35:
The only positive I can spin from this is the potential of a Dice developed Battlefront 3.
That's very much not a positive for me. I think Dice blows as a developer, for multiple reasons. The only Battlefield I ever enjoyed even a little bit was 1942.

News Comments > EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights
23. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 18:30 Endo

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 6, 2013, 17:02:
Guess i can scratch off star wars games off my buy list.
+1

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 12:04 Endo

edaciousx wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:29:
Endo wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:11:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:51:
The review for "Star Trek" was merely a two word review which simply read....

Are there games that you actually like? Or do you think you're edgy by hating on everything?
I'm pretty sure there's games Cutter likes. The better question is are there any new games he likes.

I know there's very very few new games I like, because most new stuff released in the last 5-10 years is mostly dumbed-down lightweight crap produced to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I still haven't found a FPS I like better than the original UT, for example.

I also found it extremely interesting and quite telling that the re-release of Age of Empires II topped Steam's sales charts for at least a week, even beating out Bioshock: Infinite. There's a reason some of us older PC gamers hold those older games in such high esteem, and it's not because of rose-colored glasses.

I actually just discovered red orchestra 2. Holy crap man does it have me by my balls. lol.

Yeah, RO2 is one of the few gems to come out in recent years. All the RO games have been good, dating back to the mod for UT2K4.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 13:38.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game
25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Trek: The Video Game Apr 24, 2013, 11:23 Endo

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:11:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 21:51:
The review for "Star Trek" was merely a two word review which simply read....

Are there games that you actually like? Or do you think you're edgy by hating on everything?
I'm pretty sure there's games Cutter likes. The better question is are there any new games he likes.

I know there's very very few new games I like, because most new stuff released in the last 5-10 years is mostly dumbed-down lightweight crap produced to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I still haven't found a FPS I like better than the original UT, for example.

I also found it extremely interesting and quite telling that the re-release of Age of Empires II topped Steam's sales charts for at least a week, even beating out Bioshock: Infinite. There's a reason some of us older PC gamers hold those older games in such high esteem, and it's not because of rose-colored glasses.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure Apr 17, 2013, 20:47 Endo

RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 07:35:
Rossafur wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 22:53:
Every update is one step forward, 2 steps back with all the new bugs. Doesn't make any sense how I've been experiencing far more CORE (not related to added features) bugs now than I did when it first entered open beta...

I think they have a booster in the store that gives you one step forward and only one step back at a time.
Wouldn't surprise me the way they're trying to nickle-and-dime you every other way now.

I quit playing when they decided to introduce some bullshit consumables no one wanted instead of fixing ECM.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I quit playing several months ago when it became obvious ECM was broken and they were doing nothing to fix it. I uninstalled when they gave everyone the finger and put in the consumables.

News Comments > EA Ending Three Social Games
18. Re: EA Ending Three Social Games Apr 15, 2013, 11:57 Endo

Hellbinder wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 11:27:
ViRGE wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 10:29:
wtf_man wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 10:17:
Well... if they are only being paid per ad hit... like YouTube pays a couple bucks per 1000 video hits... then probably there needs to be huge activity before the game can generate a profit. So once activity drops below a certain threshold, it probably starts losing money as EA has to pay whomever maintains the code, etc.

I don't know how the model works, nor how Facebook pays for the games.
The above was just a guess on my part.
...not that I really care about Facebook, social games, nor EA.
It's a correct guess. These games are supported through ads and whales (the dumb people that spend hundreds of dollars). Even with the two the average per-user take is very low due to the fact that ads pay poorly and whales are a tiny percentage. So if your user count drops below enormous levels, you can quickly reach a point where minimal dev costs and service costs outstrip your income. This is especially bad if you disproportionally lose your whales, leaving behind a bunch of people essentially playing for free.

I don't buy it.

At 5 million users.. even if they only all spent 1 dollar a month each on in game stuff... if your game cant survive on 5 million dollars a month then there are some kind of serious idiots running the show. I dev group of 10 should be able to maintain a game like that and add new content regularly.

I am just disgusted at most of the people running the game industry now.
I believe it. Remember, we're talking about EA here. All they care about is money. If these games really were making that much money, there's no way they'd kill them off. No, I think it's much more accurate to assume that they probably pissed off most of the people who were spending money and those people quit playing, leaving mostly freeloaders.

News Comments > EA Layoffs
14. Re: EA Layoffs Apr 12, 2013, 09:22 Endo

Tazzer12 wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 21:52:
Voted worst company to work for 2 years in a row... Soon to be 3.
Maybe, but not because of this. Shit happening now will be more or less forgotten by the time the next WCIA contest happens. What's going to matter is what happens in about 6-9 months from now.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild Apr 11, 2013, 17:47 Endo

Tumbler wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 13:41:
The unlock system they put in place made you play for an obscene amount of time to unlock new weapons and upgrades that were very useful. You could unlock tiny things like better scopes after playing for 20-30 min on average, but my issue was it cost a huge chunk of game currency to get those scopes and saving them up to just buy the next weapon was a far better plan. It ended up feeling like this never ending grind to get really basic crap.
And that's exactly why I tried it for a couple hours and quit. I have no patience for PvP games, and especially FPS's where you have to spend hours and hours of grinding just to be on par with players you're supposed to be competing with. Competing should be based on player skill, not some arbitrary amount of time spent grinding better equipment. That shit is for PvE.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 13:49:
I've tried WoT once or twice but never really got into it. I kept getting killed, wasn't much fun
Yeah I tried it too, for a short time, and did a lot of research on it. I can tell you why you kept getting killed: because the game is SERIOUSLY stacked against new players. More so than any other game I've played, I think. As a new player, your tank sucks, your crew sucks, and your experience sucks. And you'll get thrown into battles against tanks 2 tiers higher; a matchup where even expert players can't always be effective. Or to elaborate a bit, the starting gun on almost all tanks does low damage against its own tier, which means you'll do little damage when you hit other tanks; accuracy of your shots depends heavily on crew training, which means that until you've got them trained up to near 100% your shots won't hit where you're aiming anyway, and then to top it off at least half the time you'll be shooting at tanks you shouldn't even be in the same battle with. Which all boils down to the fact that 95% of the time for your first several hundred hours, your shots won't do jack. Well, once you get out of the newbie tiers anyway. They intentionally hid all this in the newbie tiers to sucker people into staying just long enough to pay money.

But once you get to tier 3, the newbie fun ends, and from then on it's basically designed to get you to spend money to stop the pain, or quit playing and go away. Bottom line, if you're not spending money they don't want you wasting their valuable server resources. I took the hint and quit, after spending a few bucks on some extra tank slots and finding it's really not worth it unless you're also willing to drop a few hundred bucks more to upgrade your tanks and your crews as fast as possible.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild Apr 11, 2013, 13:31 Endo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 13:10:
DG wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 13:00:
I play PS2 a lot. This is a really bad fuck up.

Sure there's not much freak out nerd rage, but that's the sign of it being a genuine problem. Its the people who have been putting real money and huge playtime into the game that are pissed off.

Anyway, I guess all the folks here who tried out this game for a few days could try logging in to see if they've won the cert lottery.

After trying the game a couple times, I can't make myself care enough to login and check.

Yeah, me either.

News Comments > SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns
8. Re: SimCity Cheetah Speed Returns Apr 10, 2013, 10:29 Endo

"EA finally fixes feature that has never had a problem in any previous SimCity game, ever. Details at 11."  

304 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo