Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 283 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
32. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 21:20 Endo

Only one million in 3 months? Guess it's doing even worse than I thought.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RIFT Patch Next Week
8. Re: RIFT Patch Next Week May 5, 2011, 11:09 Endo

nin wrote on May 5, 2011, 09:53:
What are they fucking up?

Thanks!

Class balance, getting ready to destroy the community with a dungeon queue tool, endgame is entirely about grinding gear in instances (whether PvE or PvP) etc.

The only thing that sets the game apart from WoW in any way shape or form is the addition of Rifts, but those are fairly insignificant at end-game. Bottom line, if you're going to participate in end-game you're still going to be grinding battlegrounds (sorry, "warfronts") or heroics (no wait, "expert" dungeons). Same shit, different graphics. Like they say, you can polish a turd, but...

News Comments > RIFT Patch Next Week
5. Re: RIFT Patch Next Week May 5, 2011, 09:48 Endo

wtf_man wrote on May 5, 2011, 09:41:
Verno wrote on May 5, 2011, 09:02:
So was this the one month wonder that Cutter theorized? I don't see many people playing it in my Steam groups anymore.

Pretty much. In another forum I frequent, there's a lot of "I quit" posts already, and has been going on for the last week or so.

I think most of them paid for an extra 30 days... so "two month wonder" would probably be more accurate.
Well here's another "I quit" post. For me it was about 2 weeks ago. Patch 1.1 put the game on the ropes for me, and the initial announcement of what was going to be in 1.2 finished it. I quit WoW for a reason. A similar game would have been fine, but Rift is EXACTLY the same shit all over again, and now Trion is even making all the same mistakes. No thanks.

News Comments > Spiral Knights Launches
5. Re: Spiral Knights Launches Apr 5, 2011, 11:10 Endo

At first I thought this seemed like a cool game. Then I figured out how their stupid energy system works. You have to use energy to do anything. Everything is instanced. Each gate to a new area costs 10 energy to activate. You get 100 energy ever 24 hours. This is not just tied to your account, it is also tied to your IP address. They literally do everything they possibly can to keep you from playing much at all without paying real money. No thanks.  

News Comments > Guild Wars Patch Plans
5. Re: Guild Wars Patch Plans Mar 4, 2011, 20:24 Endo

The only GW patch I'll ever be interested in is the one that lets them restore all the stuff I lost when my account got hacked, due to their shitty game account security policies.

Honestly, who thought it was a good idea to tie a game account to an email that can never be changed??

And then they don't even have a means to fix the inevitable losses from accounts being hacked.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2011, 16:11 Endo

Sencho wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 13:06:
PropheT wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 12:19:
Except he's right. Of the ten or so people I know in real life that played WoW when the expansion came out, only one is still playing it and some of them were hardcore 3+ hour a day players that have been at it for years.
Ah yes, the old anecdotal 'X # of my friends do this thus it must be universally true.'

Sadly, most of the downturn right now is the normal post January lull that occurs every year in WoW. It was there last year, it was there before. And it'll be there again. To portray something that's an established trend as some new insight is rather sad in the end.

Then again, Top Ten Hammer may have just been needed to score some easy site hits with such a vacuous piece.
Well, the thing is once your anecdotes include a large enough percentage of the whole, it becomes a lot more than "just anecdotal evidence". This time around, it's not isolated - everyone I know who's been a long-time player (myself included) has quit within the last few weeks, and everyone they know has also quit, and this type of situation is popping up all over the place now. Every story about WoW on gaming news sites has posts just like this one about people quitting. Every day there's many people on the WoW general forums saying they canceled, and why. It's gone beyond a few isolated "anecdotal" instances. WoW is finally on a real downturn, for the first time ever. Is it going to die any time soon? Probably not. There's simply way too many people for it to happen quickly. But They ARE losing more people than they are gaining now, and I don't think they're going to be able to reverse the flow.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
10. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 13, 2011, 23:16 Endo

Ant wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 23:03:
Endo wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 22:58:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 15:54:
Ant wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 15:34:
Endo wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 12:04:
It's truly astounding how many things they managed to break in the last patch. This more than anything is a big giveaway that the developers currently working on the game are not the same people who originally designed it, and more importantly that they're just simply not as good as the original developers. They're screwing with stuff they don't really understand, and breaking it in the process.

Blizzard game quality is not what it used to be, and people are finally starting to find that out as the new games and content for WoW are showing them up. It was easy to hide as long as they just made new expansions for WoW that didn't change stuff too much. But they're past that now, and the ugly is coming out.

Gotta say, I'm so glad I finally ditched WoW and I'm really happy the next Rift beta starts in a couple days.
The game is pretty big and complex. Blizzard just needs more time to test and not rush.

That's true, but he's right, the game is likely being developed by a newer batch of developers because the original team is working on the next MMO or enjoying their wealth.

Hopefully they're available for questions

edit: Wait is this a WoW post? Where am I?
Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the original WoW team is gone, and working for other companies. I heard a fairly well-founded rumor years ago that a lot of them left and formed ArenaNet, and created Guild Wars. I can't remember where I got the info, but I do recall it was from a good source.

But don't take my word for it - just look at how badly the quality in their product has declined since the original release of WoW. Look at the number of bugs in SC2 compared to SC1. SC2 already has had more bug fixes than SC1 has had since release. And they're bigger, more significant bugs too. And you know as well as I do, SC2 will never be anywhere near as popular as SC1 was. It's just not nearly as good, especially not for its time. I don't know that there's really any better comparison to be made than those two games.
Oh great Diablo 3 will be very buggy then. Don't forget Activision with them too.
Which is precisely why I don't give two farts about D3. I'm sure it'll be a decent game, but certainly not great. Expect it to compare to D2 as SC2 compares to SC1.

The days of Blizzard being *THE* premier game developer are over.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 13, 2011, 22:58 Endo

Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 15:54:
Ant wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 15:34:
Endo wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 12:04:
It's truly astounding how many things they managed to break in the last patch. This more than anything is a big giveaway that the developers currently working on the game are not the same people who originally designed it, and more importantly that they're just simply not as good as the original developers. They're screwing with stuff they don't really understand, and breaking it in the process.

Blizzard game quality is not what it used to be, and people are finally starting to find that out as the new games and content for WoW are showing them up. It was easy to hide as long as they just made new expansions for WoW that didn't change stuff too much. But they're past that now, and the ugly is coming out.

Gotta say, I'm so glad I finally ditched WoW and I'm really happy the next Rift beta starts in a couple days.
The game is pretty big and complex. Blizzard just needs more time to test and not rush.

That's true, but he's right, the game is likely being developed by a newer batch of developers because the original team is working on the next MMO or enjoying their wealth.

Hopefully they're available for questions

edit: Wait is this a WoW post? Where am I?
Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the original WoW team is gone, and working for other companies. I heard a fairly well-founded rumor years ago that a lot of them left and formed ArenaNet, and created Guild Wars. I can't remember where I got the info, but I do recall it was from a good source.

But don't take my word for it - just look at how badly the quality in their product has declined since the original release of WoW. Look at the number of bugs in SC2 compared to SC1. SC2 already has had more bug fixes than SC1 has had since release. And they're bigger, more significant bugs too. And you know as well as I do, SC2 will never be anywhere near as popular as SC1 was. It's just not nearly as good, especially not for its time. I don't know that there's really any better comparison to be made than those two games.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 13, 2011, 12:04 Endo

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix
10. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 21:16 Endo

WyldKat wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 18:23:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

=~.^=
I support this message.

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 16:28 Endo

shaggy wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 16:03:
Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:52:
Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:18:
Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:17:
It was super nice of Blizzard to finally make it so easy to quit WoW. With this last patch, I finally have no desire to play whatsoever. Thanks Blizzard!

Paper thin troll but it's surprising how many people I've been hearing that from recently.
Not a troll. It's not-so-subtle sarcasm about how god-awful the patch is. All my IRL friends who play WoW have canceled because of this patch too.

What so bad in this patch? I recently re-subbed after being away for a couple of years and I am really enjoying WoW again.

Maybe these people quiting are sick of playing anyway. I have PUG'd a few dungeons and there were a few that seemed like they did not even want to be there and they were being forced to play a game. Was nice grouping with their grumpy ass, haha
One big thing that's so bad is all the crap that got nerfed for no reason. And what didn't get nerfed that should have. Bottom line, the devs in charge of balancing classes for PvP play mages. Guess which class is now all but unbeatable by any other class.

Class balance is now worse than it's ever been.

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:52 Endo

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:18:
Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:17:
It was super nice of Blizzard to finally make it so easy to quit WoW. With this last patch, I finally have no desire to play whatsoever. Thanks Blizzard!

Paper thin troll but it's surprising how many people I've been hearing that from recently.
Not a troll. It's not-so-subtle sarcasm about how god-awful the patch is. All my IRL friends who play WoW have canceled because of this patch too.

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:17 Endo

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch
11. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Jan 30, 2011, 10:26 Endo

the first World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch of the year
AKA the patch that fucked over every class that had a chance against the dev's pet mage class. Welcome to WoW 5.0: Mages Gone Wild.

I too am moving on to Rift. Played in the last beta event and had a ton of fun. Already preordered and signed up for their special 6-month subscription deal.

News Comments > Age Of Empires Online Details
7. Re: Age Of Empires Online Details Jan 25, 2011, 14:27 Endo

As a long-time AOE2 player, this looks pretty intriguing to me. And at the low price of Free, I'm pretty sure I'll be trying it out.  

News Comments > Runes of Magic Patched
4. Re: Runes of Magic Patched Sep 17, 2010, 20:56 Endo

Sesphiroth. How original.

For those wandering how the game is, it's as close to a WoW clone as you'll get in a free MMO. Or at least it was when I last played it about half a year ago.

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
56. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 12:37 Endo

And have you ever noticed how for all the dozens and dozens and dozens of MMOs, only WoW and EQ have avoided abject failure? Why is that? How many people do you know that play more than one MMO at a time?
Apparently you have no clue what "abject failure" really means. There's been quite a number of MMOs that proved very successful. As successful as WoW, no, but successful enough to end up solidly in the black and provide plenty of profit. In fact, I can only think of a couple that actually DO qualify for the term "abject failure". I'll give you a hint... one of them had the initials "TR".

If you need some help coming up with more wildly successful MMOs, here's a few to get you started: Eve, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes.

As for having subscriptions to multiple MMOs at a time, I've had subs to as many as three at the same time. And meanwhile, had active accounts in free-to-play and beta MMOs as well.

News Comments > ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG
4. Re: ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG Apr 27, 2010, 19:20 Endo

spindoctor wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 19:15:
Does this mean the game will not be instanced outside cities like in the first one?
Yes, which we've known for quite some time. Ever since the first article about GW2 came out in PC Gamer, about 3 years ago now I believe.

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Class Previews
22. Re: WoW Cataclysm Class Previews Apr 10, 2010, 00:53 Endo

They finally have more classes up. Took a look at druid. As expected, balance once again gets more totally useless abilities and nothing it needs to compete in PvP. GG Blizz.

Well, now at least I know I won't be wasting more money on this crap.

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Class Previews
3. Re: Wow Cataclysm Class Previews Apr 9, 2010, 11:48 Endo

I'll wait and see what they have in mind for my druid. I remain skeptical.  

283 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo