Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 304 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars Interview
4. Re: Guild Wars Interview Dec 28, 2011, 17:41 Endo

I was about halfway through skimming over the story before I realized it's about GW and not GW2. Yawn. I want my 90 seconds back please.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
40. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 23, 2011, 08:53 Endo

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 02:15:
The only thing I find mind boggling is all the goddamn whining all the fucking time about everything. The online community is the most fucked up, bitter, depressed community out there.

I know whining about whiners leaves me in an awkward spot but I care not. SWToR is a new MMORPG. New. As in... released last week. I have played WoW on day one and compared to what it has become, I can no longer understand how I could've enjoyed it without major frustration. SWToR is perfectly playable and I don't get it why people like my cousin, my friends and I love this game while the online community keep slapping their dicks on the plank o' complaints. My cousin was biased as hell because of all the bullshit going on on the SWToR forum months back.. but he got over it after realizing it's all just whining. Whining whining whining whining.

I know 99% of the whiners enjoy the games they whine about very much. Very much. It's not like we're talking about a major fuck up like Rage anyway.

Just.. sit back, and THINK about all the crap complaints you write down and if it's really worth your time. After that you might concider if it's not more productive to stop pouring the emptiness of your pathetic little life onto the internet, coated in whine.

I'm the whiner who whines about whiners now and I realize that, but I'm ok with that. Had to get it off my chest and it felt good.

Online game community.. Ugh, sorry bunch. Hate to be a part of it.
I certainly don't feel about it as strongly as you, but I understand and agree.

Me, I'm just having fun in SWToR. I care not about getting to level cap or whether this or that build is better for this or that or whether it's all balanced or not. My only concern is what is going to be fun.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image
15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image Dec 23, 2011, 00:00 Endo

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 18:51:
Well sounds like the usual MW3 bashing.... The rest of the world happily plunked down a 1.5 billion dollars MW3. I bet each and everyone of the people posting below own a K/D ratio of about 0.2.
All I will say is, I'm glad I have my life and not yours.

37. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 18:15 Endo

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 16:58:
One of the best things to look forward to with game is that there is almost limitless content they can use because of the era it centers around. Perhaps each expansion could focus on new Sith lords from that time frame or experience the events in lore as they unravel through history.

It's really exciting if they are able to capture that much of the Star Wars universe and provide quality content.
The other great thing about new content is they don't have to fudge around with current content to make the new stuff fit in. Add a new planet with your new content on it. Done.

36. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 18:13 Endo

Longswd wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 04:35:
I'm finding myself saying that about of lot of things in SWTOR. Some rather curious oversights, like no LFG "dungeon" finder. No filtering by equip slot or attribute properties on the auction house. The inability to move UI elements about, a sin compounded by the lack of any add-on support. No target of target display, no defensive target mechanism (I know of the focus target option, it's not very useful) etc. etc..

Some of us don't want all those features. I, for one, absolutely despise the LFG dungeon finder tools as implemented in WoW and Rift. It's one of the major reasons I quit those games. Why? Because it inevitably results in people doing nothing but sitting in a city waiting on the next queue. I don't play MMOs so I can either just city in a city waiting on a damn queue or run around in a nearly-empty world. I can do that in any cooperative RPG with a game lobby. That's Diablo II FFS.

The rest of the things you mentioned, while somewhat inconvenient, are surely not gamebreaking. And they'll be fixed soon once they implement the possibility of mods.

In the meantime I'm greatly enjoying the game just as it is.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image
8. Re: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Image Dec 22, 2011, 17:57 Endo

Ventura wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 17:47:
Modern Warfare 3 had one of the shortest campaigns ever. Literally finished it in 4-5 hours.

In its defense, I enjoyed it a lot more than Battlefield 3's campaign, which really didn't feel like it was any longer either.

That said, if the DLC for MW3 is only going to be new maps, they can forget about me buying any of it.
To be fair, the battlefield series has always been about multiplayer and they've never made any claims about the campaign being that great. Also, BF3 is less of a rehash of previous games than MW3 is - or so I've been told. I won't be arsed to waste my money on either one.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
10. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 22, 2011, 12:38 Endo

Dades wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 19:46:
You guys have it backwards, change is what keeps people coming back.
SOME change keeps people coming back. Adding new things, making small tweaks to existing things, etc. Completely revamping the entire game every 2 years is way too much change. People have no interest in coming back to a game that barely resembles the game they fondly remember.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
3. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 21, 2011, 18:53 Endo

deqer wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 15:01:
"should now properly"
" now properly triggers item procs"
" should no longer break Stealth"
"should no longer break Stealth"

My god, Blizzard. You suck.

If you don't have the resources to test this stuff beforehand, then maybe you shouldn't be attempting to make/maintain MMO games.

Why make players(that pay to play) test this shit for you?

" reduced from roughly 12 yards to 8 yards o"
"and Felguards are no longer capable of dealing critical hits."
"Amani'shi Warbringer's damage has been reduced by 12%."

changes, changes, changes... my god, stop changing mechanics, and let the players play and become familiar with the mechanics. Players cannot build a strategy upon mechanics of a game if the mechanics keep changing. But I guess none of this matters, because you still have 5 million fanbois that swallow anything you shove down their throats without thinking twice.

I find it absolutely hilarious that they keep fixing shit that worked 5 years ago.

They should have left things as they were in TBC and made small incremental tweaks over the years, not constantly try to clear the deck and start over from square one.

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
47. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 21:03 Endo

Thank God I didn't buy this shit.

CD Projekt: welcome to my shit list. There's plenty other good games out there, I don't need your drek. You will not be missed.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
32. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 18:08 Endo

And once again they release a pay-for expansion before bothering to fix all the glaring bugs and issues the game already has.

Why am I not surprised.

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
20. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 13:53 Endo

Wildone wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 10:41:
Its not even a good shooter, its just the PR has snowballed the last couple of games till its the default place to go the Mcdonalds of FPS..
Couldn't agree more.

On a (very sarcastic) side note, clearly piracy is heavily impacting this industry. If it wasn't for all those damned pirates they would probably have eleventy-three billion in sales already!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
41. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 19:05 Endo

Teddy wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 07:49:
Ledge wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 05:02:
Endo wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 00:07:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.
There is an easy fix for that, though unfortunately you may not like it.

Don't play FPSs with unlocks and levels. Frankly, the genre is not suited for that. There's plenty of excellent FPSs out there that are way better than Battlefield and CoD. You just need to spend a little time finding them.

Unless, of course, you like to spend hours and hours of not-fun game time just to ungimp yourself.

i agree. everything unlocked from the get go. its just tailored/or better suited to the hardcore nuts. the fun and enjoyment is not there for the casual gamer.

That's a pretty laughable statement. CoD sells 20 million units a game these days, Battlefield 3 has already sold 8 million. The majority of those are not "Hardcore gamers". Those ARE the casual gamers and they've proven in droves that they like unlock systems.

You want to play with everything unlocked, then play on unranked servers. That's what they're there for.

As for the previous comment "There's plenty of excellent FPSs out there that are way better than Battlefield and CoD." Don't confuse YOUR OPINION of games with a definitive 'better' or 'worse'.
Doesn't have to be definitive. There's sufficient FPSs out there that are all better than Battlefield or CoD in one way or another, so basically no matter what type of FPS you like... there's a better one out there. Unless, of course, your only metric is how popular the game is. But then, I shouldn't have to tell you how stupid that would be.

And if you do want definitive, try fewer bugs (ie. higher quality programming) for one.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch This Week
14. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch This Week Dec 5, 2011, 00:07 Endo

CrimsonPaw wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 18:56:
Wish there was a way that servers could filter out players over certain ranks. It sucks that I can't dedicate my life to this game and am only rank 8 and get my ass handed to me constantly by 35+ers out there.
There is an easy fix for that, though unfortunately you may not like it.

Don't play FPSs with unlocks and levels. Frankly, the genre is not suited for that. There's plenty of excellent FPSs out there that are way better than Battlefield and CoD. You just need to spend a little time finding them.

Unless, of course, you like to spend hours and hours of not-fun game time just to ungimp yourself.

News Comments > EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree
16. Re: EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree Dec 4, 2011, 23:55 Endo

CythrawL wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 21:43:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:45:
The C&C series would be in a much better spot if EA hadn't shoved one out the door every year.

In fact I will go one further.. its been shit since they (EA) dissolved Westwood Studios..

Bioware will go the same way, mark my words..
Quite right. This has been EA's obvious specialty for about the last decade.

In that span they really haven't made anything on their own that's worth a crap (Battlefield series NOT excluded - every release has been a steaming pile of bug-ridden feces). And everything they've published from studios they acquired would have been better if the studio had developed it without being acquired by EA.

What's funny is the new young XBox360-generation of console gamers can't figure out why I dislike companies like EA. Maybe if they had been around to play video games when they were more about having fun than turning a quick buck...

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
146. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 14:08 Endo

Devo_N wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 14:07:
Without meaning to derail this highly interesting discussion of piracy theft and so forth -
Ghost Recon has stunk for the last several iterations, and GRO looks to be truly awful. The franchise has pretty much ceded the field to the Battlefield series.
Actually I can't remember a single GR game that was enjoyable. My friends referred to it as "that shooter where you can't jump over a small rock or curb".
Yeah, that too.

143. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 14:01 Endo

Wow. I can't believe the level of ignorance exhibited by people insisting that piracy = theft. The only kind of piracy that might qualify is the kind that happens on the high seas.

It's not even up for debate.

Non-commercial copyright infringement is a civil matter, and requires the victim to execute a lawsuit for anything to happen to the perp. Law enforcement has no jurisdiction over this kind of infringement.

Theft, on the other hand, is a criminal matter, and if you get caught law enforcement will throw your ass in jail.

These basic legal definitions more or less hold true in all countries in the world that have any laws at all about copyright infringement.

The MAFIAA-type corps are trying to change this, but they haven't got there yet, and never will as long as any sanity remains in government.

News Comments > Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs
49. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 22:06 Endo

If only 50,000 people buy your game (and you don't turn a profit) it's because:
a. Your game sucks
b. Your marketing sucks
c. All of the above

It has zero to do with piracy. Even mediocre games sell 100K + units and turn a profit, all the time.

65. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 22:01 Endo

Honestly, I'd think by this point most true PC gamers would be ignoring Ubisoft entirely as they're pretty much irrelevant. I know I am. If this bit of "news" hadn't been posted here on Blues I never would have known it happened. I certainly don't care either way.  

News Comments > EVE Online: Crucible This Month
10. Re: EVE Online: Crucible This Month Nov 17, 2011, 18:48 Endo

Frijoles wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 15:47:
Surprised they put more effort in to the captain's quarters. I've heard nothing good about them.
The reason you've heard nothing good about them is mostly because they released it way before they should have. Even now is probably too early. Why? Because there's not enough to do with them.

Their ultimate goal however is to have common areas in stations where players can meet each other with their avatars for trading and all the other typical down-time activities people do in MMOs.

So no, it's not surprising that they're moving foward with the new CQ.

News Comments > More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records
16. Re: More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Records Nov 17, 2011, 18:36 Endo

Jago wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 12:09:
At least they aren't whining about piracy and "lost revenue".

Don't worry, they'll get to that in a couple months when they demonstrate that for every copy sold another 10 were pirated and they're actually just getting 10% of the money they should have.

When you're a greedy fat cat, there's no such thing as enough money.

304 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo