Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 287 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
24. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 18:54 Endo

Prez wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 17:58:
Okay. I just heard everyone saying that the only thing the cash shop would be selling are vanity items. Knowing that the only way to get these items is to grind for them or pay cash for them makes the game less enticing to me, but we'll see.
What exactly did you expect? When have we ever had a real MMO that was truly free to play with nothing to pay for except the initial purchase price and nothing but fluff items in the cash shop? I have never seen such a game, and I would bet good money we never will. You can't compare this with the original GW because it's not the same kind of game.

Personally I am very happy with them going this direction because I would much rather spend money on a few essentials in a cash shop than pay a subscription fee. And I would much rather pay EITHER of the above than put up with another completely instanced game.

Also, Guild Wars isn't going away you know. If that's the kind of game you want, you can keep playing it. There's also plenty other games out there that are more similar to it than GW2 will be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 17:55 Endo

Prez wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 17:41:
How is something that allows you to store or carry more equipment than someone else a vanity item? Or character slots?
They're not. Those are some of the "time-saving convenience items" Mike O'Brien was talking about.

18. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 17:38 Endo

eunichron wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 17:32:
wusel wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 15:12:
Judge yourself: leaked item shop screenshots

In my opinion, some of these items aren't vanity and should be in the game itself. I hope they'll add an ignore option for those megaphone broadcasts.

None of those items, to me, look like they would give the player any performance advantage over anyone else. Most of them are just convenience, or quality of life items, not necessary or advantageous at all for gameplay (the Perfect Salvage Kit might be debatable, but still not necessary).
The bag slots are going to be the biggie I think. Personally though I'm in favor of this.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology
28. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend & PC Apology Mar 22, 2012, 17:18 Endo

Hey guys everything's ok now! They apologized! We can all go buy MW3 now!

15. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 16:14 Endo

budrojr wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 15:32:
I hope some of those items are in the game itself. I wonder just how many extra bag slots you can buy, and do they go to all toons on the account? If I have 10 toons and have to buy extra bag slots for each toon, I'm not going to be happy at all.

From those screenshots, it looks like the pricing for a lot of the items is set too high. At current enchange rates, a character slot would be about $12.50. What's wrong with multiples of $5? Setting the currency off like that is going to mean I'll be waiting until a half-off or other discount sale or something. I'm fine to buy stuff, but not when it looks like greed. :/

Then again, I've already outed myself as being a cheap, broke player.
I'd be highly surprised to find out any of the items in the gem shop will ever be available otherwise (other than maybe in some promotion or something).

But honestly, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone. This is how they have to make their money. I've been expecting exactly this type of thing for a long long time, pretty much ever since the first bit of info about GW2 was made public in a PC Gamer magazine before EotN was released. Real MMOs with persistent worlds take money to run, lots of it. There was never a chance the same revenue model they used with the first GW was going to work with GW2, because it's a whole different genre of game.

Bottom line is, would you rather pay for these things, or pay a monthly subscription? Because there's no realistic third option.

Also, for anyone who's interested, here's the original PC Gamer with the breaking news about GW2.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/pc-gamer-may-2007-information-t10133090.html

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 16:22.

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
64. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 12:02 Endo

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 07:58:
Looks like we have our answer about what's for sale, so far.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/cash-shop-items-leak-t32319.html?t=32319
Yep. Pretty much exactly what I would have expected. The bag and bank slots are going to be their early money-maker. Those are going to be the items you'll find you really need, and they'll cost a ton of in-game gold to buy otherwise.

Also, I expect all the items in the cash shop won't be readily available any other way, so the only way to get those extra bag and bank slots unlocked is going to be to buy gems one way or the other. And THAT is why there will be a virtually unlimited supply of gold available for your gems.

Since 400 gems supposedly costs $5 according to a poster on the thread linked, and going by what I've seen in other games, in GW money terms it should be around 100plat for 400 gems once the market flattens out. So as the leaked images show a bag slot selling for 400 gems, I'd expect to pay the equivalent of about 100plat for a bag slot. Sounds reasonable to me. Of course we won't really know until the game has been out for at least 6 months. Before then I'd expect to get less gold for the gems, with it gradually going up.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 12:11.

58. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 20:31 Endo

Calwen wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 19:51:
True, the blog post does state that there will be some convenience items. Fair enough, but we really don't know what that purposefully vague statement implies, which leaves it open to interpretation. In my interpretation, I wasn't thinking of XP scrolls or somesuch; I was thinking of something along the lines of a Golem Banker (see the Digital Deluxe/Collector's editions of the game). Handy, but hardly necessary or game-changing. My point is that I still don't see any "Pay to Win" here, even with the vague statements. Hell, I'm not convinced that XP Scrolls would count as pay to win in a game that linearizes the leveling treadmill and debuffs high level players for low level content. Only in WvW can I see those sorts of convenience items being considered remotely unfair, where higher level players do have a moderate statistical advantage.

Now I'm not even sure what we're arguing about. Of course paying for extra goodies will net some sort of minor advantage on some level. I was merely picking apart the gear-advantage argument across two different games. Other advantages are just fluff, in my opinion.

Who knows about the PLEX thing. Eve players can literally buy game time with game money, so I can see that being a pretty big driving force for PLEX demand. The purchasable items in GW2 may not be quite that desirable -- and they don't seem to be if the blog posts are to be believed -- but we'll see in the next month or so.
Well first off, I wasn't trying to argue. I apologize for coming across that way. I was merely trying to participate in some discourse.

My main point is that there has to be some purpose for putting in the RMT currency at all. So there has to be *some* incentive to get players to spend money on them. And I'd say it's a fair assumption that they're looking to get more money from the cash shop in GW2 than in GW1, thus there has to be more incentive (again, otherwise why go to the trouble of putting in the gem system?) than there was in GW1, which means the rewards are greater. Ultimately what it comes down to is you just can't run a full-scale MMO very long on $60 per player, so there's obviously going to be some other form of revenue, and this is it. And the majority of the cash shop items found in GW aren't the kind of thing that you find yourself wanting to buy early on. You don't need more character slots, you don't need customizations or name changes, etc. So what exactly are they going to have in their cash shop? Obviously we don't know exactly yet, but I'd stake good money it's going to include some things that some players won't be too happy about. But them's the breaks in the MMO business.

55. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 17:53 Endo

Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 17:30:
If it's solely for the PvE, I don't care. If someone buys all his shit, it doesn't bother me; he's on my side, and he's wiping out monsters quicker. This is why I don't care that there are people running around in ME3 with a Black Widow X: They bought like $300 worth of EAware points and spent it on packs.

If this was allowed in PvP, however, that'd be a serious problem. Well, not for me, since I won't play PvP, but it's easy to see how people would get pissed about that.

Creston
Well, as others have pointed out, there will be things in PvP that you can buy with in-game gold... which you will be able to quickly get a lot of by buying the gems and selling them in-game. I doubt there will be PvP aids or buffs available directly from the cash shop though. I also expect them to keep the gold costs low enough that none of this should really matter all that much for PvP. If the ANet developers are smart (and I think they are) then this is exactly what Mike O'Brien meant when he said it's never ok for players who spend money to have unfair advantages over those who spend time. I expect the non-fluff items in the cash shop to be mostly the same stuff you find in other cash shops: experience buffs, health potions, etc. Most cash shops also have mounts, but since GW2 won't have mounts I'm not sure what the equivalent would be.

53. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 17:06 Endo

Alamar wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:53:
Endo wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:41:
But for the love of sanity, please STFU and quit whining for evidence and proof where it's not needed. Also, any further responses from you will be ignored.

Interestingly, when I want an 'argument' to end, I'll just stop responding to it... Ya know, instead of demanding the other party do that and plugging your ears... : )

Feel free to respond or not, I may read it : )

-Alamar
Of course, when you plug your ears they can see you're ignoring them. I was just doing the online version. Expressions on the internet just don't translate so well, unless you make them really excessive and obvious.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2012, 17:13.

52. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 17:04 Endo

Calwen wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:08:

P2W? What exactly are people "winning" in Guild Wars 2 by purchasing cosmetic items? A beauty contest?

As far as we know, gear is statistically equivalent at any given level, with certain stats favoring certain builds. But on average they should be comparable. So in neither PvE nor PvP should purchasing gear offer any sort of statistical advantage in combat.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm not in the D3 beta), but doesn't gear in Diablo 3 increase the relative power of your character at a given level? That's where I'm guessing some of the vitriol for the D3 auction house comes from. You can buy your way into a combat advantage, which could become problematic for PvP -- for whenever they decide to release that patch. It could then become a Keeping up with the Jonses type phenomenon, not unlike the inane gear grind of WoW and its imitators.

I think the most interesting part about the gems will be how it affects the economy. Some crazies on the forums seem to think that buying gems will yield gem-buyers an unlimited supply of in-game gold -- as if saturating the market with gems will somehow saturate the market with demand as well. To have extra gems implies that 1) the buyer has no self control but does have daddy's credit card, or 2) they purchase gems with the intent to trade them for in-game gold. Seems like the latter could backfire very easily, should enough gem-buyers partake in that plan.

All in all, I think it's a clever system in which everyone can participate on their on terms. Except RMT botters, of course.

There will be a lot more available from the GW2 cash shop than just cosmetic items. They've already said as much. Here's a quote from the blog post:

"[Players] should also be able to spend money on account services and on time-saving convenience items."

The "time saving convenience items" is a big giveaway here, and the fact that they're actually telling us that much is a big indicator that it's going to be more than that too.

But then there's also this: "..itís never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time."

What's interesting is how vague that statement is. He didn't say it's not ok for players who spend money to have any advantage over players who spend time. He also didn't say that it's not ok for players who spend money to have all the same advantages as players who spend time. And he said nothing about how much time he's talking about here. For example, he didn't say that it's not ok for players who spend $10 a month to have some advantages (as long as they're not "unfair" advantages) over players who spend 200 hours a month grinding for the same stuff.

I think the most interesting part about the gems will be how it affects the economy. Some crazies on the forums seem to think that buying gems will yield gem-buyers an unlimited supply of in-game gold -- as if saturating the market with gems will somehow saturate the market with demand as well. To have extra gems implies that 1) the buyer has no self control but does have daddy's credit card, or 2) they purchase gems with the intent to trade them for in-game gold. Seems like the latter could backfire very easily, should enough gem-buyers partake in that plan.
Unless the gems are useless (in which case, why put them in at all?), then yes there will almost certainly be an effectively unlimited supply of in-game gold available for purchase with gems. Take Eve, for example, where they have the PLEX system. You can buy PLEX with real money, and sell them for in-game credits. There are ALWAYS people who have fairly competitive buy orders active for PLEX. Sure, you can possibly get a bit more for your money if you're patient, but you can ALWAYS get a nice amount. A grand in US dollars will let you buy PLEX which you can immediately sell at any hour day or night for in-game credits, (I never checked specifically, but I'd be willing to bet the market would support selling even 10 or 100 times that much PLEX at any given moment) and then buy pretty much whatever you like. The same was true in every other MMO I've played that had similar systems. Expecting it to play out differently in GW2 is absurd.

But let me reiterate what I've said before, just so there's no misunderstanding: I don't think any of this is bad. I think it's just a different way to collect the revenue they need to keep the game running and keep ongoing development funded. And I like it, because it gives each individual player the choice of exactly how much time and/or money he wants to invest.

48. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 16:41 Endo

Teddy wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 16:03:
And again, no evidence produced by you. Your best claim was "they said there will be more MT's in GW2". More what? Of what type? Can you provide ANY examples whatsoever? No? Didn't think so. Can you provide ANY details on costs associated with the game and how much has to be made up by MT's? No? Didn't think so.

Apparently you STILL don't understand what conjecture is. You've tried to claim something true while providing absolutely zero evidence to back your claim up. THAT is conjecture.

As I said before, the only thing we can do is wait and see. Your claims to know otherwise are nothing but BS at this point and anyone with half a brain can see that.
You really don't get it do you? I was trying to be civil, but I guess you don't like that, so I'll stop. I'm not going to go out of my way to dig up the specific "evidence" and "proof" you want because frankly it's irrelevant and your disbelief on this doesn't mean jack fucking shit to me. I couldn't give half a rat's ass if you believe me or not. Whether you believe me or not doesn't change what they're going to have to do. Any idiot with two brain cells can figure it out.

So like I said: don't believe me. I really don't care. You'll see when they release the game. But for the love of sanity, please STFU and quit whining for evidence and proof where it's not needed. Also, any further responses from you will be ignored.

43. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 15:53 Endo

Teddy wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:38:

con∑jec∑ture
&#8194; &#8194;[kuhn-jek-cher] noun, verb, -tured, -tur∑ing.
noun
the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.
Obsolete. the interpretation of signs or omens.
verb (used with object)
to conclude or suppose from grounds or evidence insufficient to ensure reliability.

Since you seem to lack an understanding of what conjecture is, I provided a definition for you.

You do not know how much operating costs are, you just declare them "not cheap" and assume that's somehow sufficient proof of your point. You do not know what the costs are, how much of each purchase is put toward those costs, or how those costs scale with population size. Again, the claim that they "have" to cross the line with MT's is 100% conjecture on your part.

Find some actual evidence that anything they're going to offer from MT's is going to detract from anyone's enjoyment of the game, and then I'll have reason to believe you. Until then, you've proven nothing and provided nothing to actually back up your argument outside of your own speculation on vague comments made by the developers.
I understand the definition of conjecture perfectly well. You however clearly don't understand the definition of "100%".

But hey, don't believe me. It's really nothing to me whether you do your you don't. You'll see soon enough when the game is released.

41. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 15:36 Endo

Alamar wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:25:
Keilun wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 14:17:
Maybe I didn't explain myself as well as I could have. My point is that, if you earn gold while having fun going about regular in-game activities, is it really a grind?

No more or less than WoW, was the point I was eluding to...

I do really like the idea that everything may be available for gold, but their verbiage is a bit off... If I can unlock extra character slots with gold, even if it costs a 'lot' (subjective term), that's great, because I'm the type that wants to try every class (and never have to delete one).

However, I don't see it strictly stated that you can pay for microtransations with gold, because stuff on the store costs gems, and they state it is a player driven market that allows players to buy gems (with gold), but doesn't strictly say we can buy gems from them with gold. This is only a non-issue if there are always a ton of gems available for a consistent price, which seems unlikely to me (the success of gold selling over the last decade+ might argue with me).

-Alamar

Well give your fears a rest. In every other MMO I've played that had a similar system like these gems, there was never a shortage of the currency available to be purchased with in-game money. But in terms of grinding the in-game gold to buy the other currency, it's never cheap and easy, and you'll never get there doing regular in-game activities in such amounts as would be considered fun for most people.

32. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 13:53 Endo

Teddy wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:39:
That's all very nice, but also 100% conjecture on your part. You have no idea how much anything costs the company or how many sales they require to provide service, or how much they expect to have to make from microtransactions to support the rest of the costs.

As I said, time will tell. Doom and gloom conjecture is neither proof, nor fact.

Not 100% conjecture at all. We know operating costs aren't cheap. We know they're putting in a cash shop with more than what GW1 had, they've already given away that much.

And what makes you think it's doom and gloom? It's simply looking at things realistically. It's certainly not going to drive me away from the game. I've played other cash shop games before, and it's never been the cash shop that caused me to stop. It's always been the gameplay. Personally, I prefer the cash shop model (even if it's somewhat P2W) simply because it lets me keep an account active without paying when I'm not actively playing. Then when I DO play, I can pay to maximize my time. The only time I've ever been pissed off about a cash shop was when City of Heroes went to that model, and they took away perks and chracter slots I'd already paid for.

25. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 13:16 Endo

Teddy wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:04:
Having played (or rather still playing) the original Guild Wars, I've seen what they did with the microtransactions (MT's) in that and it gives some hope. Most of the MT's in that were related to costumes or polymorphs that had no impact on the game itself. Another big one was the ability to bring one of your previous characters along as a hero character when creating/leveling an alt. The most questionable one was the ability to unlock huge chunks of skills in game, though you still had to spend the time/effort in game to buy them after they were unlocked. It just saved you the grind of running around looking for mobs that had those skills to capture for yourself.

They may cross the line with GW2, but I found what was there in GW1 to be fairly well balanced, nothing that dramatically changed the way you played the game. Most of the things I thought were absurdly overpriced as well, but that's me.
Of course they're going to have to "cross the line" with GW2. It's an actual MMO. It's going to cost a lot more money to run than GW1 does. You say you're still playing GW, how can you not see this? It's the same move as Blizzard going from Diablo 2 to WoW. I fully expect to see most of the standard fare you see in totally F2P MMOs. Going by what other MMOs charge in subscription fees or what they make you want to buy in cash shops, $60 per player should be enough for about 3-6 months, maybe 8 tops. We all know they won't have a new expansion ready by then (and even if they did, expansions aren't cheap to develop either). So with no subscription fee, where the hell do you think the money is going to come from? An extra character slot or recustomization now and then? You know that's not enough revenue to keep things going.

22. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 21, 2012, 13:07 Endo

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 11:16:

But they are still using the F2P model...

LoL guys, did any of you really, REALLY believe that they can keep an MMO the size and scope of GW2 running on the initial purchase price alone?? Well in theory maybe they could. Apparently it worked for GW1. Afaik the first was basically a slightly more expanded version of Diablo2. This second one is supposed to be a persistent world MMO right??

Its Microstransactions all the way to the bank for Arenanet. I dont understand the nerdrage, they gotta make the money somehow...

Exactly. All stuff I've been saying for a while now. You can't fund a full-scale MMO on $60 per player for more than a few months. It's just not enough money. GW1 was not a full scale MMO, in fact it wasn't actually an MMO at all. And you are correct, the way it was designed was very much like DiabloII - which also never had a monthly subscription fee.

So yes, there will be a cash shop. And yes, you will be spending money on cash shop items every month or two, or spend a LOT of time grinding in-game gold for it instead. It's not going to be just fluff or extra character slots like in GW1. Count on it. But that doesn't make any of this bad. Money to run an MMO has to come from somewhere. At least this way you have the choice to pay every month or just get what you need more slowly.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
46. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 16:13 Endo

venomhed wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 13:02:
Also this MMO could benefit greatly from the game Mount & Blade. Ditch the idea of "levels" where people become too powerful.

Imagine and MMO without levels, but maybe with skills? This would force people to stick and work together because someone that plays the game 1 year would be really good, but he could get ganked by 3-4 players that have just started the game the past week.

Don't think this is possible? Ultima Online was this way for about 6-9 months. At first it was chaos. You left a town, people would hide in the tree's and kick your ass in. Eventually mobs of real people would go out and murder the real bandits and hunt them down. It was incredibly tense and fun, people would help you, heal you etc. etc. The other aspect is that you ACTUALLY LOST THE ITEMS YOU HAD ON YOU! None of this zero death penalty. So when you got snuffed you could lose that sweet armor, weapon, gold, your horse. Made you think twice.

MMO's today are a friggin treadmill of grinding with no penalty for jack all. BORING

I would like to introduce you to a game I play called Eve Online. You may have heard of it. It usually has about 25-50 thousand people online at any given moment. It has all the features you mentioned in your post.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
133. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 18:56 Endo

Prez wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 17:20:

I'll admit ignorance here because I never played Diablo online. But let's look at Dungeon Defenders, which in some ways is very similar to Diablo. They have an online single-player and an offline single-player. You can mod, cheat, use trainers, etc to your heart's content in the "Open" mode (offline single-player and coop). But if you want to have your stats tracked, and want to play in sanctioned tournaments and events, coop or singleplayer, you need a completely separate set of characters and equipment, and as far as I've seen this works perfectly. I certainly won't accept that a cash-strapped indie with a fraction of the talent and resources of a mega-studio like Blizzard is capable of pulling off what Blizzard can't. Eliminating "They can't do it", which seems logical to do, leaves "They refuse to do it", which I find irksome to say the least.

I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I found it interesting you referenced Dungeon Defenders. Last time I played that game (several months ago) it was just as easy to hack in one mode as the other. All the relevant data was easily found unencrypted in RAM on the local machine.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
39. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 13, 2012, 17:23 Endo

Darks wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:12:
Ripperjack wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:05:
Since when did games start at $60?? Bloody EA and their price gouging!

Yea, the whole 60 dollar thing is getting out of hand. And yes EA and Activision are fricking responsible for this happening. Greedy bastards!!

Actually, the first PC game I remember hitting that price was Warcraft III which was well before Blizzard merged with Activision.

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:07:
Ripperjack wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 10:05:
A friends trial offer, so soon after release? This game WILL go F2P within 6 months, if this keeps up. Then you can play your WoW with glow sticks for free, each month.

Every game should have a friends trial at launch IMO, most don't because they want the launch copy money so badly. The Guild Wars model is pretty close to F2P already so that wouldn't be a bad thing or something. I'm still amazed they subsidize monthly fees with how crazy expensive it is to make an MMO.
They won't be subsidizing monthly fees. They'll have a cash shop that while not quite as necessary as in most F2P titles, will still be necessary enough to influence many players to spend money every month. They were able to get by without that in the first GW because of the instanced design (it was basically Diablo II but with 3D towns instead of text lobbies for meeting up with other players). A persistent world is going to take a lot more hardware and a lot more bandwidth, and their previous revenue model isn't going to be sufficient.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
20. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 7, 2012, 18:57 Endo

I'm still playing and enjoying this game, but I think that's because I approached this game completely differently from how I normally approach MMOs. And that is, from the start I have been considering it basically another KotR type of game, except with multiplayer. So I've been taking it slow and playing through the story line on multiple characters. As a result, my highest level character is only lvl 38 (whereas in Rift by this point I was already doing end-game raids). But then, once I hit 50 with a character and run a few end-game flash points once or twice, I'll be done with that character. I expect to be finished with this game some time in the next 3-6 months.

It's not that it's a bad game, it's just not built to be a long-term MMO.

287 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo