Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 318 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
30. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 12:37 Endo

Sgt. Rock wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 08:39:
What's all the fuss about?
I understand that offline would have been nice for people with really bad connects, modding and when the servers go down in a couple of years(then they'll probably release the server code).

People who really can't play the game because of their connection(or lack off) will get a refund and will have to get over the fact that they can't play the game.

But everybody else especially those who have been playing the alpha and beta for months now, shouldn't be complaining.

I don't think this was a ploy to get more people to sign up for the Kickstarter, but to make as many people happy as possible.

The fuss is about the terrible way they handled it, and the fact that they lied about it.

I was never interested in this game, and couldn't care less if I can play a game offline or not, but I would never even consider buying anything from this developer now, purely because of the massive pile of BS they've created here.

They knew what they were developing, they knew they were lying, and they obviously didn't care. Fuck 'em.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 09:35 Endo

Nice bait-and-switch scam.  

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
21. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 23:00 Endo

Asmo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:41:
Endo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 21:35:
NicklePop wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 21:03:
but for now, it's the best game out
Assuming your context is MMORPGs, I actually believe you. But that's not so much a statement of WoW being good these days, as everything just being bad.

I have completely lost hope in anyone being able to make a good MMORPG any more. Blizzard included.

I'm guessing you're not a sub then, so you're basing your opinion on an assumption without ever seeing the content.

No, I'm not a sub, nor will I ever be again. The WoW I knew and loved is long gone, and it ain't coming back. They started the destruction process with Wrath, and pretty much completely hosed out everything left that was good about it through Cata and MoP.

If anyone actually cared, I could list, in pretty good detail, exactly where all I believe they made major mistakes that ultimately resulted in WoW's relatively early decline. And I honestly believe if they hadn't made those mistakes, they'd never have gone into decline yet. (Imagine WoW at 15-20mil players now. I believe it could have been.) But that's just speculation.

20. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 22:50 Endo

PropheT wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 21:58:
Endo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 21:35:
Assuming your context is MMORPGs, I actually believe you. But that's not so much a statement of WoW being good these days, as everything just being bad.

I totally understand if you don't like it, and that's fine, but I don't see how you can argue with the fact that bad games don't keep bringing in people going on 10 years from their original release date. They just don't.

Hell, just the fact that it's still the game to compete with in its genre despite its age is something unprecedented in gaming. It's not like nobody has tried... with as many other options out there now, and not all of them bad, I'd have never guessed that they'd pass 10 million again or even come close to it.

When people can't get good stuff, they get the best that's available, even if it's bad.

In this case, it's pretty easy to understand it all, because WoW used to be truly a great game. But that was before they destroyed almost everything they made it good, during the course of Wrath and Cata.

By comparison, everything in the MMORPG field is garbage today, including WoW.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.

14. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 21:35 Endo

NicklePop wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 21:03:
but for now, it's the best game out

I have completely lost hope in anyone being able to make a good MMORPG any more. Blizzard included.

News Comments > Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime
4. Re: Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime Nov 19, 2014, 01:39 Endo

PropheT wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 23:57:
Endo wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:54:
Judging from the number of comments here, you can tell lots of people still play this and give a shit.

Lots of people do still play this...that's why they're talking about the queue times. There's at least a handful of people here who still play.

Between this and Inquisition I'm pretty happy right now.

But any number of things can cause queue times, and judging from the blurb here, it sounds like they had to cut server capacity, which is going to cause queue times regardless.

Not having played this in years, I also don't know how many servers they still have up for NA, but I'm guessing they closed a bunch, given that I know a large portion of the 7+mil active players are over in Asia, as opposed to WoW's prime when it had around 10mil active players before it even launched in Asia.

So I'm guessing it has probably around a mil or less active players in NA. Still a lot compared to other games, but nothing compared to how it used to be. Also explains why I never hear anyone IRL talk about the game any more, where a few years ago I heard total non-gamers talking about WoW stuff.

Pulled up the "talent calculator" to see if it's still as pathetic as it was, and it just made me sad.

If I could go back and play TBC as it used to be, I'd probably sub for it again. Especially if they could add all the new zones and dungeons without making any major changes to existing content or increasing level cap. They had a good thing going then; all they've done since IMO was just one screwup after another.

News Comments > Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime
1. Re: Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime Nov 18, 2014, 21:54 Endo

Judging from the number of comments here, you can tell lots of people still play this and give a shit.  

News Comments > Human Element Drops F2P; Breaks from Nexon
4. Re: Human Element Drops F2P; Breaks from Nexon Nov 18, 2014, 20:38 Endo

Good. The more F2P games I try, the more I become convinced that F2P has been a Bad Thing for our gaming industry. Not because the format itself is necessarily bad, but because it's far too vulnerable to exploitation by the greed of developers and publishers, which always ends up badly.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
33. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 18, 2014, 19:23 Endo

MindStalker3 wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:15:

Its not "Goat Simulator MMO", its Goat MMO Simulator. They are simulating an MMO. Its Goat Simulator with an MMO "setting", if it offers multiplayer at all I'd be surprised.

That's actually very clever.

32. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 18, 2014, 19:23 Endo

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 06:35:
A MMO needs many things, one of these being it has to be massive, which I do not see in this game. You only play with a few other players which immediately tells us that is most certainly is NOT massive in any sense of the word. Hence your understanding of what MMO means needs addressing!
And there ya go. If it doesn't support a massive number of players playing the content together, you lose the first 'M', and it can't ever be an 'MMO'.

A game does not need to have exp, or levels, or character skills, or character development of any kind to be an MMO. It does not need quests, or NPCs. It can be any setting from pirates to medieval fantasy to steampunk to SciFi to something no one's dreamed of yet. All it needs to qualify as an MMO is that it supports a Massive number of players playing together Online. (Exactly how many that would have to be to qualify can be debated, but I'm pretty sure we can all agree it has to be at least more than 100.)

In fairness, even the term 'MMO elements' is very misleading, because there's no such thing. A game is either an MMO or it isn't, based on the number of players who can play it together.

29. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 20:53 Endo

harlock wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 19:45:
Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 18:55:
harlock wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:51:
Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

congratulations, you're blind

So go ahead, tell us what you thought you saw that resembled an MMO, and I'll tell you why you were wrong.

you've never seen an MMO with a medieval fantasy setting?

again, congratulations on your blindness
An MMO can be in any setting. Medieval fantasy is not in any way shape or form "MMO elements".

If that's what you're basing your argument on, you really need some help with logic.

Strike one. Try again.

25. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 18:55 Endo

harlock wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:51:
Endo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:00:
Looks cool, but I don't see anything in the video that remotely resembles an MMO.

congratulations, you're blind

So go ahead, tell us what you thought you saw that resembled an MMO, and I'll tell you why you were wrong.

6. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 11:00 Endo

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
12. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 24, 2014, 03:07 Endo

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 20:45:
As someone who was BIG into this title.. and been monitoring the game for the last few months, I can tell you that it's a sad state of affairs at the moment.

1. The raiding is very difficult (which is fine..if you have enough people doing it)
2. There's nothing much of consequence to do at level cap unless you raid. There are only so many new people to run through dungeons (most are alts of people already raiding/end gamers)
3. There are only a very small handful of top end guilds even attempting the content, and there arent new guilds being built up behind them
4. You can feel the population dwindling, you see it.. there's something there that tells you this game needs a HUGE change, else it will fall flat

i loved the idea of the hardcore raiding, hell, up through hardmode Lich King, i cleared everything and did it quickly with top guilds.. but WS doesnt have the friendliness of WoW, the community.. etc.

I am going to bet that EQ Next learns a HUGE lesson here, and doesnt make their next title nearly as exclusive to people. I am not saying "easy mode" everything, but there needs to be better content for more people. The hardcore mentality really did die out years ago. --and I was one of the many saying that WS can support the hardcore end game raiders.. i admit it, i was very, very wrong.
The thing is, even when WoW had truly hardcore raiding, that wasn't all there was to do at endgame, not even close. In a broader sense, I think that's what all the attempts at making WoW clones have always missed; in its prime (what I consider to have been TBC; Wrath was where it really started to run out of steam, even if it didn't really become obvious until Cata) WoW had something for everyone at endgame. There was casual 5-man dungeons, harder 5-man dungeons, easy raids, hard raids, world PvP, battleground PvP, arena PvP, cool stuff from engineering (Seriously, have you ever seen an exploding sheep anywhere else? How about a parachute cloak?), and not to mention all the little fluff things that often get overlooked like targeted (and creative!) emotes, fishing, and many others. WoW also had more variety and creativity in its quests and boss fights than any other themepark MMO before or since.

All attempts at making WoW clones have left out some or many of these things, and that is why they failed. And WoW leaving some of those things by the wayside is IMHO why it started bleeding subs as soon as it did. I think it could still be rolling at 12-15mil or more subs if they kept going with what made TBC great.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
24. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 19, 2014, 02:14 Endo

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 16:27:
Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 10:31:
Never tried this. How is it? Is it grindy? P2W? Can I solo?

Not grindy at all, in fact it's one of the easiest MMO's out there to reach max level (11 Admirals right now myself).

One of the few F2P MMO's out there that is pretty good about allowing you to play freely and still be competitive.

Space combat isn't quite the awesome tactical-ness of the Starfleet/Klingon Academy-Bridge Commander level but does a fair job at representing the TNG DS9 VOY ENT series.
The first bit there is rather dishonest. Like I said before, getting to level cap isn't grindy, but that's just barely getting started. What comes after is the grind.

But as BobBob said, all MMOs are grindy, and most are worse than this one.

The rest of your post is spot-on. For a F2P MMO, it's... well, actually free, if you're willing to invest a reasonable amount of time. Most F2P MMOs either just simply have some stuff paywalled off, or require ridiculous amounts of grinding in-game currency to trade for real money currency to get anything worthwhile. This is the good aspect of the timegating: because you can only refine so much dilithium in a day, it retains its value better than most such currency in other F2P MMOs.

If you do it right, it's entirely possible to get an account setup to refine lots of dilithium for minimal time spent. One of my in-game friends and fleet colleagues has it down pat. It takes at least a few months or some monetary investment to get it going, but once you're there you'll be rolling in enough dilithium to get anything you want for free (yes, including those $150 packages in the store).

IMHO, overall, this is easily one of the best F2P MMOs out there, if not the best. I honestly don't know what gets me bored with it every time I try to play it hardcore.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
9. Re: My Thoughts on Star Trek Online Oct 18, 2014, 14:57 Endo

Dala wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 13:37:
Prez wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 10:31:
Never tried this. How is it?

I would recommend that anyone who likes Star Trek and space combat MMORPGs at least tries this game. If you dislike one of those things I would not bother.

I installed it about a month ago after noticing it was free to play on Steam and thought I might as well try it. I have really enjoyed the game so far.

Is it grindy?

Not at all in my experience. If anything you progress a little too quickly by default in my opinion. There is a mission difficulty setting though, which means you can attempt to adjust this to your liking.

P2W?

Possibly, but only if you play player versus player content which is extremely optional. I have not tried it yet.

Can I solo?

Yes. This is very easy. The game seems to have been designed to allow soloing though the story missions and various other content. You will have to join a small group, minimum five players, to attempt a lot of the end game content though, apart from the story missions.

During a lot of the foot based story missions you effectively get a party of four NPCs to control, know as bridge officers.

Yes, it's grindy. The reason you felt like you progressed too fast is that the progression to level cap is extremely fast. But that's where the real work starts. There's rep to grind, dilithium to grind, all kinds of things to grind to get the best ships and the best gear. Till you have everything you want for one setup, you'll probably have at least a couple hundred hours in.

It's not pay-2-win at all, except possibly for the PvP, which I also haven't tried in hundreds or thousands of hours (sorry haven't kept track).

You can solo all the main storyline stuff, but it does have end-game instanced group content (their version of dungeons) that can't be soloed.

As others have said, the surface/ground content is fairly lackluster, but the spacecombat is some of the best I've seen.

The biggest problem I have with the game overall is that literally everything is timegated.

Protip: to make lots of dilithium, make lots of KDF officers. They get special duty officer assignments that make it a lot easier. If you like the game and decide you want to stick with it longterm, you'll want to get your account bank ASAP, and more character slots to increase the amount of dilithium you can refine per day.

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
31. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 12:12 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 02:01:
Still making posts with no substance and just insults because you have absolutely nothing to back up your bullshit?

Just stop. Nothing you've posted was worth reading, none of it was smart, and almost all of it was factually incorrect. My responses weren't for your benefit, because you're clearly incapable of understanding the most basic concepts anyway. It was for everyone else to see how wrong and full of shit you are. With that achieved, we're done here.

30. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 12:08 Endo

InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 06:44:
And the game really only starts at TierX, at least for Clan Wars it used to, I havent played in a while but I doubt that has changed.
That has changed ever so slightly. There's now a little clan content for tiers 8 and 6. Problem is, you're still not going to get into a good clan without a tier X, so it's largely moot.

27. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:27 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 01:18:
You still can't actually explain yourself.
Your inability to understand shit is not my problem.

Like the saying goes, "it's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." That's why you should just stop posting.

26. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:24 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 00:28:

Not sure how WoT is arcadey. Sounds like you don't know the mechanics of the gameplay at all.
Well let's see. Maybe it's because there's literally nothing in WoT that's accurately simulated at all, and everything is done however Wargaming jolly well pleases and reality be damned. Yeah, that could be it.

Seriously, where do you come up with this shit you keep posting??

318 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo