Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for CH

Real Name CH   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Endo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 6, 2008, 23:34
Total Comments 300 (Amateur)
User ID 49520

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
27. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:27 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 01:18:
You still can't actually explain yourself.
Your inability to understand shit is not my problem.

Like the saying goes, "it's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." That's why you should just stop posting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:24 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 00:28:

Not sure how WoT is arcadey. Sounds like you don't know the mechanics of the gameplay at all.
Well let's see. Maybe it's because there's literally nothing in WoT that's accurately simulated at all, and everything is done however Wargaming jolly well pleases and reality be damned. Yeah, that could be it.

Seriously, where do you come up with this shit you keep posting??

24. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:13 Endo

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 00:33:
Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 23:30:
they start with primary skill at 100% and let you immediately start working on a secondary skill or perk.

They are small bonuses.
No they're not.

The game is free. There has to be an incentive to spend money somewhere or the company never stays in business. Millions of people clearly disagree with you as Wargaming is doing very well and has World of Warships on the horizon.
There's a right way to do F2P, and a wrong way. The right way is to sell your customers things they want, as in hats in TF2. The wrong way is to frustrate your customers into paying for shit, which is what Wargaming does. Which is precisely why, as someone else pointed out, it's incredibly obvious that Wargaming doesn't care about their customers at all. You'd have to be pretty much retarded to not be able to figure it out.

Side note...It is too bad that World of Warplanes turned out to be shit.
So did World of Tanks. It's just not as readily apparent because their only competition is even worse.

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 23:30:
What all this boils down to is that by spending money, you can effectively boost your win rate by 5-10%, which is HUGE. (I've seen data from tests done by one of the top players on NA servers.) To put this in perspective, only the top 1% of players win 56% or more of their battles. Meanwhile, the top 5% win 53% or more.

So what you are saying is that less than 5% of the total player base actually is good enough to benefit from using premium ammo full time. Do the math...this is not pay to win. if it was, the percentage would be much higher. Premium ammo really only becomes a factor in serious clan matches...which the average player doesn't give a shit about.
No, that's not what I said at all. Your reading comprehension fails you, as usual.

Majority of players fall into the 48-52% win rate.
Which is why, as I said in my previous post, being able to buy an extra 5-10% win rate is a big fucking deal.

I'm sitting at an even 50%, which has gone up 3% in the last couple months as I've become a better player...not because I use premium ammo.
And you'd do even better if you used premium ammo 100% of the time. Like I said, this is a proven fact.

But I play a lot of different tanks that I'm not very good at. If I didn't mess around with crappy tanks my win rate would be much higher.
Precisely, which is why unicums don't mess around with crappy tanks. They free exp past them with exp they converted using gold. Starting to get the picture yet?

Not to mention, winning a match is based on 14 other players on your team,
Which has fuck all to do with this discussion.

has very little to do with the ammo they use
Wrong.

But here is the question of the day...if you hate the game so much...why do you play it?
Because as bad as it is, there's no better tank game out... yet. WTGF could've been better, and it wouldn't have taken much. AW shows a lot more potential, and smart money says, unless they royally screw up the release it'll all but bury WoT.

Based on most of your responses I'd guess you don't play it much at all and have just gone and done some forums searches just to troll this forum with your drivel.
Based on your posts, It's not even a guess that you're a clueless idiot constantly posting about crap you really don't have a clue about. You demonstrate it every time you type.

Majority of your responses are simply telling me I don't know what I'm talking about
Because you don't. Yet you persist on blathering on as if you did. If you don't want to be told you don't know what you're talking about, might want to stop talking.

without any explanation as to how I'm wrong. Or you respond with something that has nothing to do with what you are quoting.
Sorry bub, I can't fix your reading comprehension.

20. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 23:30 Endo

Task wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 21:58:
Look at you guys rambling on about F2P and gold ammo. I just loaded the game up to check, and sure enough you still have to buy "best" ammo with gold. I did not see any silver option.

The problem I have with games like wot is its sets a poor precedent for what kind of tank games can be made on the market. Arcade trash can be easily marketed with ADD clicking and grind-fests gets money, but true tank simulators go to the way side.
You can buy it with silver, it's just way too expensive to afford to use it regularly with normal play for free. If you want to be able to buy as much as you need, you'll have to at the very least shell out money for premium time or premium tanks, to make enough silver. (I have the best available money-grinding premium tank gifted to me by a friend, am a little above average for player skill, and still don't make enough credits to buy as much premium ammo as I should be using.) But of course, premium ammo isn't the only thing that makes it pay-to-win. There's also crew training. Now, you can train crews for silver, but if you pay gold, they start with primary skill at 100% and let you immediately start working on a secondary skill or perk. And when you transfer them from one tank to another, you either pay gold to train them for the new tank, or you'll have to regrind part of their primary skill yet again. What this means is that paying players will always have significantly better crew, which has a big impact that cannot be overstated. What all this boils down to is that by spending money, you can effectively boost your win rate by 5-10%, which is HUGE. (I've seen data from tests done by one of the top players on NA servers.) To put this in perspective, only the top 1% of players win 56% or more of their battles. Meanwhile, the top 5% win 53% or more. And only 20% win less than 47%. Spending enough money to buy all the advantages available literally has the potential to take you from being barely above average, to in the top 5%. Or from in the top 5% to in the top 0.1%. (And don't even bother applying for top clans unless you're at least in the top 1%.) So like I said: WoT is the very definition of pay2win.

Absolutely agree with your second paragraph. Obsidian is making a tank game called Armored Warfare that will be similar to WoT in many ways, sufficiently to be a prime competitor. I'm hoping they'll make it different from WoT though, in all the right ways. Still in pre-beta as far as I know, so we can hope.

17. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 20:32 Endo

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 19:46:
To which I'll touch on...being a wallet warrior does not guarantee you success...
And this is where you demonstrate how you don't have a clue what pay-to-win actually means in PvP games. Hint: it has nothing to do with guaranteeing success, because that is literally impossible in PvP.

16. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 20:30 Endo

MUGWUMP wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 19:13:
Some people are never satisfied.

Want gold? Make some friends, play tournaments and you win gold.

...and get this...they're FUN!

Have fun and win in game currency. Who would've thought!!?!?!?!

Sure, if you're in the top 1% of players. Even then, the bottom prizes are basically consolation prizes, worth about two bucks.

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 19:25:
How so exactly? YOU DO NOT NEED PREMIUM AMMO AT ALL! If you think you need to have premium ammo, you just suck at the game and have no idea where to target. In the past year, they have rebalanced the tanks to largely remove the need for premium ammo.

Again...you need never pay cash for premium ammo. Period. You can use your Silver, which is earned by playing and not sucking. So get 5 or so shells of premium ammo on each tank you use for instances where it's going to make a difference of win or loss. Otherwise, you never need to use it. People that still call it "gold" ammo, clearly don't know what they are talking about.

To be clear, a couple years ago, this was easily my largest complaint about the game and I hated it because it was so pay-to-win. I simply couldn't penetrate anything and was having zero fun. This is no longer the case. If this is your arguement, then you are just showing us how clueless you are.

Like I said, learn how stuff works before you run your mouth. Also like I said, the more premium ammo you use, the better you'll do, all the way up to 100%. More premium ammo = more penetrations = more damage = more wins. It's that simple. It's been proven, by some of the best players. It holds true even on tanks that have exceptionally good penetration on standard ammo. No one can afford to fire 100% premium ammo without spending money. Average players can't even afford to use the recommended amount of premium ammo without spending money. Wargaming themselves straight up admitted they will not consider removing premium ammo because it makes them too much money.
Spending money = more wins. That's why it's pay to win.

And no, they didn't rebalance tanks to not need premium ammo, at all. They rebalance tanks because they're too easy or difficult to win with as demonstrated by average win rate across the active playerbase. It has absolutely nothing to do with premium ammo.

Uhhm, what? Until recently I was using a very old computer and was running the game just fine at 24-30 fps with most settings on low. With new comp, I'm 30-40 fps with everything maxed. So no clue what you are rambling on about here. If your comp can't run the newest graphics, turn them down. Nothing different here from any other game.

I personally didn't have any trouble with the game, but many players had issues with the recent patches. Yes, even 9.3. Every new patch recently, there's lots of people posting on the forums because of the game not running properly. Mostly has to do with the HD tanks. Why the hell do you keep running your mouth about shit you know nothing about?

First off, seeing as you are too much of a child to spell foreign names correctly I'll do it for you.
I miss the old Murovanka forest, but the reality is, it was very unbalanced.
El Halluf again, was unbalanced and boring to play. I'm not going to say it's great now, because it's not. But it's a lot more balanced and fun to play with more than just 1 small choke point. Severogorsk is fine. Not the best map, but the entire map is playable unlike before.

The new Fiery Salient remix of Prokhorovka is gorgeous and I've always liked this map. Sacred Valley is another excellent map and it's absolutely gorgeous.
There are plenty of other maps that have had some minor tweaks and changes made, that have improved them all.

To me it sounds like you are someone that just enjoyed playing and taking advantage of the unbalanced maps. The kind of person I don't give a shit about.
Thank you for confirming your status as a paid shill.

Again...WHAT? What exploding barrels? Are you referring to the barrels in Tank Rally? This is intentional and not in normal matches you moron.
Or do you mean the sound bug with the cars exploding since the last patch? Big deal it's a bug and a funny one that doesn't effect gameplay AT ALL. Either way...Cars are not the same thing as barrels.
You were the one bragging about new features. Go on, tell us what was so exciting. We're all dying to see more shill.

Uhhm, no they don't lol. And the new models look great. Most people appreciate that they will keep updating the game so it doesn't look 5 years old.
Yes they do. Why do you keep yakking about shit you know nothing about? And yes, most people don't give a shit that the tanks look a teeny tiny bit more shiny. Shill more please.

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:37:
Meanwhile, they continually nerf the ability of normal tanks to turn a profit, while increasing the profit of premium tanks.

Again...WHAT? Comments like this just make you sound like more of an idiot. Premium tanks cannot be upgraded and generally are worse than their counterparts. Yes you get more xp and credits from playing Premium tanks, but that is the entire point of them. They are worse, but pay out more. And unless you are willing to pay gold to convert that experience to free xp...it means nothing. You never have to buy a premium tank, in fact I'd advise against it for anyone thinking about trying the game.
And yet again, you keep talking about shit you know nothing of. I take it back, you obviously don't know enough to be a paid shill. You're just the typical rabid white knighting fanboi who must protect his precious game at all costs from anyone who would point out any flaws.

Well no shit sherlock. Most games have cheaters, afkers, TKers, quitters, etc. Are you new to gaming or just dumb? So you suggest they not have any punishment system at all? Players can also manually report tanks that are botting, afking, griefing, etc. With this said, the problem is no where near as bad as you make it seem. 95% of my games have no issues with the above.
People don't just regularly go AFK or quit when they're having fun in competitive PvP.

Prime time numbers are the same or higher than they have been in the past.
Wrong. They've been steadily decreasing over the past year.

For those folks actually interested...check out this guy on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/BohemianEagle/videos
Specifically the Why You Heff To Be Mad and Good The Bad And The Ugly series. Some great entertainment in there. He is great to listen to and knows his stuff.
Entertaining? Yes. Knows his stuff? LOL. You saying that explains a lot.

12. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 18:08 Endo

Accidental double post.  

11. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 18:06 Endo

LanikTnt wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:56:
Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:37:
Paid shill, or rabid, head-in-the-sand, diehard fanboi. Little difference.

So angry... Have to disagree on WoT being the most pay-to-win. I played about a year without ever buy gold ammo and did just fine.
Not angry, disgusted.

Sure, you can do "fine" without gold ammo. You'll do even more fine with it. In fact, the more you use, the better you'll do, all the way up to 100%. Why do people not understand what pay2win means in PvP games?

But go on, tell us what PvP game you played that was more pay-to-win.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2014, 18:12.

9. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 17:37 Endo

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 15:05:
Care nothing about the community? What a load of bullshit. When was the last time any of you even played?

Quite a few patches ago they removed anything pay to win. You can now get premium shells using silver instead of gold (cash). Every patch is significant, adding new features, changing up maps, higher quality tank models, graphics options etc etc etc. This last patch 9.3 was probably their largest update in quite awhile.

Oh well. Leave it to Blues News heathens to rant about shit they either know nothing about or haven't touched in years.

FYI Tank Rally is a lot of fun. Knocked out all 50 wins for the rewards in just one night.

Paid shill, or rabid, head-in-the-sand, diehard fanboi. Little difference.

1. Yes, it's still very much pay-to-win. In fact, I've never played a PvP game that was more pay2win. Learn what shit means before you run your mouth.

2. Every patch is significant, ruining more shit and making the game run worse for players.

3. New features include exploding barrels that sound like 3-ton bombs, but not much of anything worthwhile.

4. Changes to maps, making what was already not very good just that much worse. None of the changes were improvements, except the size increase on Murovanka. Even on that map, the rest of the changes outweigh the good. Everything else they changed resulted in complete, utter garbage, like new Severoshit or El Halputrid.

5. Higher quality tank models that no one really gives a fuck about, except they make the game run worse.

6. The racing was fun for like half an hour. Got old fast.

Meanwhile, they continually nerf the ability of normal tanks to turn a profit, while increasing the profit of premium tanks. They have such a problem with players going afk or just quitting battles that they literally put in an automatic punishment system. Gee, maybe if the game was actually fun instead of a pathetic frustrating grind people would actually want to play. They've been steadily losing players this entire year on all their servers. Gee, I wonder why.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
69. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 26, 2014, 20:42 Endo

Flatline wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 19:30:
Kotaku posted I guess what Titan was supposed to be yesterday:

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121

From what I read, it sounded like a snoozefest. I'll pass. And I really expected more than "hey let's take The Sims and cross it with Team Fortress 2!" from Blizzard.
Well shit, that actually sounds like exactly what I'd want from an MMO. I can certainly understand though why it wouldn't appeal to everyone (or perhaps even to most people, which is probably why they canceled it).

49. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 23:09 Endo

bhcompy wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 22:42:

Except that they are defined as MMOs.

World of Tanks is the greatest team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare.

No they're not. That's just someone claiming their game is something it's not.

47. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 22:17 Endo

bhcompy wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 16:52:

Not exactly.. Next gen MMOs are F2P Guild Wars style arenas for the most part. League of Legends and World of Tanks are the definitive MMOs of the current game generation.

Except none of those are MMOs at all, of any kind.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:56:
The only reason why traditional mmo's aren't going to make it anymore is because the market is over saturated right now. Way-way-way too many mmo's, because WoW was such a huge success and everyone and their grandma tried jumping on the cash train. Give it a few years with no new releases, and the market to re-stabilize and we'll be back to the monthly sub mmo's that are higher quality and less dumbed down. As something else, they also noticed they made money hand over fist with D3 and the first expansion. Meaning "single player isn't dead" despite all the brain dead marketers trying to tell people that it is.
Yeah that's some good points. When WoW took off, it was possible to name all MMOs in existence by memory in less than half a minute. Now, you probably can't do that just for the MMOs released the past 12 months.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 17, 2014, 23:24 Endo

So far my favorite voting/moderating system is on Slashdot. It's not perfect, but it works a damn sight better than any simple voting system, and way better than designated moderators too.  

News Comments > Transverse Funding Reworked
18. Re: Transverse Funding Reworked Sep 12, 2014, 16:39 Endo

verybad1 wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 15:34:

Please note I don't want Piranha to fail.

I do want them to fail. HARD. They've been stringing along investors for over two years now, delivering almost nothing they promised and making what already existed worse instead of better. And now, they want to leave all their invested customers in the lurch completely and focus their resources on a new cash grab. Fuck them. I want to see them fail so hard they never get a chance to pull this shit again.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 11, 2014, 23:15 Endo

As someone who quit MWO about 20 months ago and is still bitter about that whole mess, this is so so sweet.

Transverse is a blatant "fuck you" to anyone who contributed any money to MWO.

If there is any justice, they will be shadow-banned on Reddit forever.

News Comments > Transverse Announced
29. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 10, 2014, 22:32 Endo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:17:
InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 02:40:
I gave up on MW:O when I figured out that Clan Wars was goddamn lie. There is no cake.

Now these clowns are trying to poach CR's suckers... Jesus Christ, why not, I dont know, hmmm let me think, crowdsource a Mechwarior single player campaign!!!???

The thing is that they are more than halfway there already. They have engine, the art assets, the physics modeling, weapons modeling, maps and terrain, mechs, mech bay customization UI, etc. etc. all designed and tested. All they need is a story, some voice work, mods to the engine to handle single player gameplay and scripting, etc. I'm sure if they crowdfunded it they'd get a couple mil at least. Use some MWO cash to fund the rest and sell the end product on Steam.

But that could end up actually being a game instead of just a cash-grab. We can't have that.

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
36. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 22:35 Endo

Devinoch wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 19:30:
Oh, my bad. Thank you.

Polite, intelligent analysis in a comments thread? God help us, what have we come to?

EA's made some bad moves and they've made some good moves. I think at this point we as gamers should be cheering efforts to course correct with good moves just as much as we lambast the bad ones. In doing so, we offer positive reinforcement and teach good behavior rather than instilling a "well, everyone hates everything we ever do, so fuck'em" attitude that many jaded people in the gaming industry are starting to get (myself included)...

~c.

For the past decade and counting, EA has not released anything worth more to me than a used mouse turd. Why would I care what they do now?

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
17. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 23:06 Endo

Beamer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 21:04:
For one, games cost a shitton more to develop now than they used to,

Only if developers choose to spend a shitton. It's been continually demonstrated that even now, most gamers care more about fun gameplay than whatever crap costs a shitton to develop. Yes, you can spend a shitton and develop a successful game. You can also not spend a shitton and still develop an insanely successful game. You can also spend a shitton to develop a steaming pile of feces and wonder why it's not successful, then blame it on piracy or whatever all the while ignoring the fact that it's still a steaming pile of feces regardless of how many shittons of money you spent on it.

And considering how many of EA's games are just rehashed crap of which 90% came from the previous game in the series, I don't think you can make a good case for their games to require high development costs, especially with a game like Madden.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
31. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 09:26 Endo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 03:49:
PropheT wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 02:49:
Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:50:
It'll go up, but not all that much. WoW is on its long slow way out.

The real problem keeping old-school players (like myself) from ever coming back is that they've just changed it too much. All the old WoW we'd want to experience again is long since gone. They'd probably get more re-subscribers if they just re-released vanilla or TBC WoW than with a new expansion.

It's not the game that most old players are missing, it's the people and guilds and everything that made the game what they thought it was back then. The game itself is better now than it was during vanilla or BC... people pining for the old days need to realize that their nostalgia for that period wasn't the game itself but the experiences they had during it, and those aren't just going to re-materialize if that game came back.

Speak for yourself. I and all of the people I know who stopped playing dont like the new mechanics since Cata, how classes got changed, lost many abilities that were there for a long time and dont want something like that happen again. Quests have become boring, because they are all in one place, etc.
When looking at the game after Cataclysm, it felt like a completely new development team got assigned to it (and that basically was indeed the case). That wasnt WoW anymore, it felt like a clone all of the sudden.

The game has been dumbed down a lot, so I dont know how you can say its better now than ever before.

Did you ever take a look at the private servers that try to recreate WoW only up to WotLK and how many players they have?

Precisely. Those things along with the way they changed the gameworld itself completely killed any chance anyone would ever come back due to nostalgia.

I myself played through vanilla, TBC, Wrath, and started Cata. For me, vanilla was good, TBC was the high point, and it was just downhill from there. Wrath was just too much catering to casual players, while Cata was just one giant ball of fuck-up. And since Cata completely wiped away the old WoW I originally came to love, I never had any reason to go back. The WoW I miss no longer exists.

I think the real beginning of the end for me was when they put in LFG queues for dungeons, effectively killing off whatever community the game still had. Virtually overnight, world zones emptied out as players started just sitting in town waiting on queues, and instead of running dungeons with players on your server that you might know by reputation, you started running them with random players you'd never seen or heard of before and never would again.

News Comments > SimCity Trial Version
7. Re: SimCity Trial Version Aug 6, 2014, 01:54 Endo

Or you could just load up the old classic 2K version for free (or dirt cheap, if for some inexplicable reason you don't have an old copy lying around somewhere) and have a much better game for a lot longer than 4 hours.  

300 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo