Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Fakename

Real Name Joe Fakename   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Brym
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 25, 2000, 00:20
Total Comments 68 (Suspect)
User ID 4937

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: WoW patch Dec 6, 2005, 15:50 Brym

If you're losing in under 10 minutes, you were either trying to exploit the system or you were terrible. Either way, you don't deserve your mark.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: EULA compliant spyware Oct 14, 2005, 12:22 Brym

Even if Blizzard had a huge pop-up warning at the start of their program saying "W3 ARE SPYING ON JOO!!1@!" it would only turn off maybe 1% of their users (the tin-foil hat crowd). Personally, I would let Chris Metzen come to my house and rummage through my underwear drawer if it helps keep WoW free from hacks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
65. No subject Oct 10, 2005, 12:21 Brym

Happy 9th from a longtime lurker (although I can't say how long... but I would guess 8 years).

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
41. Response to Waltc Oct 1, 2005, 16:54 Brym

Just wanted to point something out: game prices have *not* stayed the same for the past 15 years, they've actually decreased dramatically. Yes they cost $50 both now and then in *nominal* terms, but with inflation games now are a good 30%-45% cheaper than they were in the 80s.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Day of Defeat: Source
63. Glad I got silver Sep 27, 2005, 03:05 Brym

Got silver way back when just so I could play CS:S early, and I'm sure glad I did now. I never played DoD for HL1, but I'm loving it now. The maps are great and the gameplay is tops. Nice change of pace from counter-strike.

News Comments > WoW Patch
10. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2005, 19:06 Brym

He meant frost nova

News Comments > Michigan's Violent Gaming Law
8. No subject Sep 13, 2005, 01:24 Brym

I live in Michigan, and I think this is sad. The penalties are waaaay out of line with the "crime", for one thing. Also, why can movies, television, and music (even books) police themselves but games can't?

You can't blame this only on the democrats though. My local republican congressman (Fred Upton) was leading the investigation in the House into the Hot Coffee mod. This idiocy affects both sides of the aisle. If you want to blame anyone, blame all the religious zealots who voted for anti-gay marriage amendments last year and scared the democrats into finding a "moral issue" of their own.

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
11. No subject Jan 29, 2005, 07:13 Brym

I was kind of hoping for a fix to one of the 2 bugged, uncompletable quests in desolace. No wonder that zone is so deserted all the time...

It seems like the early patches had a lot more bug fixes. I remember they did actually fix the 2 bugged quests in stonetalon just after I had finished up that zone.

News Comments > Take-Two Takes Visual Concepts
1. No subject Jan 25, 2005, 10:43 Brym

Anyone else think that the purchase price would have been a LOT higher without the Madden exclusivity deal? $24 million seems pretty damn low to me.

News Comments > Mac BF1942 MP Demo
2. No subject Jan 20, 2005, 18:10 Brym

I'm currently studying abroad with only my ibook to keep me company, so at first I thought this was great news. Then I realized that you can only play on mac demo servers, only through the crappy gameranger browser, and there's no dedicated server. The biggest game I could find had six people in it, and it still ran like crap. It doesn't exactly give you a good impression of the full game, does it?

On the topic of mac gaming: I wish more companies were like Blizzard. Because they release their games as PC/Mac hybrids on the same CD, I already own the mac versions of all their games. I'd love to play UT2004, for instance, but I'm hardly going to go out and buy another copy of a game I already own.

News Comments > More WoW Free Time
19. No subject Jan 19, 2005, 15:32 Brym

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 01:31.

News Comments > GTA: San Andreas PC Date, Xbox Plans
21. No subject Dec 17, 2004, 00:02 Brym

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 01:32.

News Comments > EA & NFL Exclusive
17. Re: Again? Dec 14, 2004, 00:41 Brym

A better headline:

"EA Corners The Market on Football, Evil"

News Comments > WoW Hax0r Crackdown
15. Re: Yeah it's good, but.... Dec 4, 2004, 16:18 Brym

Actually, there is PvP.

News Comments > WoW Open Beta Ending
20. No subject Nov 18, 2004, 01:49 Brym

Played the first stress test and open beta. Loved every minute. I pre-orded the collector's edition.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
149. Election Lines Nov 3, 2004, 13:25 Brym

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 01:33.

News Comments > WoW Closed Beta Ends
23. No subject Oct 29, 2004, 03:59 Brym

This is good news. I played this in stress test and EQ2 in closed beta. Let me tell you, WoW back during stress test was more ready to ship than EQ2 is right now in closed beta. The only thing that makes me sad is that my MMOG-playing friends (none of whom got into beta) are all getting EQ2 just because they loved EQ.

News Comments > C-S: Source Content Plans
36. Re: Idea... Oct 27, 2004, 14:11 Brym

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 01:33.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preorders Steam Ahead Tomorrow
2. Interesting Oct 6, 2004, 18:01 Brym

The pricing seems about right. I imagine silver will be the most popular option.

News Comments > WoW Collectors Edition
20. Re: Better than SWG Sep 18, 2004, 16:16 Brym

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for these kinds of things. A 200-page hard-cover art book alone sells me on it. The soundtrack, cloth map, and DVD are all nice too. The in-game item with these kinds of things is usually lame, and that's fine. You don't want to force people to spend real money to have decent items.

68 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo