Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fomit

Real Name fomit   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname fomit
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2000, 23:17
Total Comments 55 (Suspect)
User ID 4934

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Bridge Constructor
1. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 fomit

This isn't actually free via Steam. They are offering a free (and DRM free) download of Bridge Constructor and asking you to vote on the Greenlight for Bridge Constructor in return.

In no way will this get you a Steam key for Bridge Constructor if the game is ever greenlit.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2012, 12:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Puzzle Quest 2 Revealed
2. Re: Puzzle Quest 2 Revealed Nov 27, 2009, 13:48 fomit

I think this is pretty much a given judging from the screenshot.  

News Comments > Need for Speed SHIFT Patch
3. Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Patch Sep 22, 2009, 12:28 fomit

Seriously? Did the original release of the PC game only have partial mouse navigation support for the menus? Or did they release a PC game where the mouse could not be used to navigate through the game?  

News Comments > Steam Security Follow-up
5. Re: Cool E-mail Apr 20, 2007, 00:15 fomit

At this point it would be nice if Valve let a third party that is not involved in things in to take a look around. See how secure they really are. See if anything was stolen.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads
63. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2006, 12:34 fomit

Ritual can't have it both ways. Either the game is playable as shipped or it isn't. If it is, it could and should be playable via Steam right now.

The could part of your argument makes perfect sense. Your argument falls apart at should. Ritual is not required to do anything besides supply you with a working game if you purchase their product. They have given a release date, and the game will be playable on that date.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads
41. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2006, 00:28 fomit

It's a fucked up way to publish a game at retail since the game isn't playable as shipped, but that's Steam for you.

I sometimes wonder if you misinterpret things on purpose. He never said that the game would not be playable at retail. He said that this gave them more time to work on things like internationalization.

What you are saying is only helping to mislead others. Please try and be honest in your posts so that others are not misled.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Soon
1. This is great news! Apr 14, 2006, 23:48 fomit

I have been waiting a long time for some resolution to what happened at the of HL2. Hopefully Episode One will help to provide that resolution.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Vista Mar 25, 2006, 01:17 fomit

Halsy...

I'm surprised that you are posting something like this. This is the way of things. This will always be the way of things. XP runs great on 512, 98 ran great on 128. That's a 4x difference.

MS will hardly see any difference in the bottom line from geeks refusing to upgrade from XP. Every new computer sold from December on will either have Vista or a coupon for a free upgrade in January.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: The Wordprocessor Crisis Mar 12, 2006, 00:24 fomit

I think he was talking about the fact that Word users will not save into anything other .doc even though they have the ability to choose other formats.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Moving when playing Oct 3, 2005, 08:40 fomit

I never move when I play. However, I used to play HL deathmatch with a buddy extensively. I had just bought myself an MS optical mouse. One of the then new ones with back and forwards buttons. I would often play with the lights off in the room. I would physically jump when I sometimes raised the mouse and saw the reflection from the bottom in my monitor. I thought it was the beam from the RPG. Good times.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Day of Defeat: Source
28. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:52 fomit

I can't download this for free because I gave the store my 70 or 80 dollars for the gold edition and not Valve through Steam. Heres a very big, GO FUCK YOURSELF VALVE!

Xero: You and probably everyone else on this board knew that the boxed gold edition did not come with DOD:S and you bought it anyway. Why didn't you just buy it over Steam in the first place and then make a backup copy to CD or DVD?

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 20:54.
I can't believe I forgot how to italicize in HTML. Stupid me.
This comment was edited on Sep 26, 20:55.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Thanks Blue! Aug 16, 2005, 21:58 fomit

If you keep posting Into The Black around this time you'll give me something to read in the morning. I'm in South Korea teaching English. As your schedule currently goes I catch the morning update before I hit the sack. Quite nice.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Goes Steam
3. Great news Aug 12, 2005, 22:08 fomit

This has me really excited. This looks like a great game. I think its about time that we saw the results of Valve saying that there will be some non-Valve (and non-FPS) games available via Steam.

News Comments > Steam Update
25. Re: Another new game? Aug 6, 2005, 09:36 fomit

It's Dystopia. Go check their page, they have the Source logo on the videos, along with the Steam logo. Someone else mentioned it already, not sure why there's still discussion :\

Isn't Dystopia a mod? Valve hasn't announced any mods as new games on Steam. The only new game they've announced is Sin2, so I'm assuming this will be a game that isn't a HL2 mod.

News Comments > Game Guidance
2. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 12:15 fomit

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've got Steam and I don't let it control my computer. I control when it gets the updates (whenever I read about them on Blue's) and when it connects to Internet. I can play it in offline mode. Steam is pure convenience. I don't have a CD to put into the drive and I have access to my games from wherever.

News Comments > etc.
1. "...unannounced F.E.A.R. beta events..." Jun 18, 2005, 16:10 fomit

So what are they now that it has been announced that they are offering beta events?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Play time Jun 10, 2005, 12:35 fomit

Did today's play time crash Firefox 1.04 for anyone else, or was that just me?

47. To the guy concerned about QIII Jun 7, 2005, 23:08 fomit

I got it to run on mv nvidia geforce go 6600 at 1024x768. It wouldn't run at 1280x1024.

38. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 18:23 fomit

If you need help with anything (quests, missions, etc) let me know. I had been keeping pace with the rest of the group but decided that my R/Me build wasn't for me, so I've started a E/Mo. I'll probably make it post-searing tonight, though I want to finish some of the early quests up first.

Thanks for the offer. I may play a little tonight and probably tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing a Ranger for my second profession. You know, keepin' it real by summoning creatures and shit.

24. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 13:33 fomit

Well, I'm just starting out (just got the game yesterday), but my warrior's name is Rodrigo Belmonte if there are guild invites available.

edit: fixed the apostrophe in warrior's

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 13:34.

55 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo