Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sam

Real Name Sam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname samuelk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 539655
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2000, 17:12
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 4883

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Dante's Inferno Protest Faked
9. Re: Dante's Inferno Protest Faked Jun 5, 2009, 11:14 samuelk

As if it weren't obvious that the protest were fake. One of the protestors' signs read "Cheat Codes won't save your soul". That kind of thing would only be written by a gamer (or at least someone involved in the gaming industry), and no gamer is going to be so clueless as to protest Dante's Inferno on a religious basis.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2009, 11:15.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Steam Preorders
11. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2008, 09:47 samuelk

He can't hold his breath forever. He would just hold it until he passed out, then start breathing again, autonomously. So not only did you pay an extra $5 for Far Cry 2, but you also failed in your plan for remote homicide.

News Comments > New TF2 Free Weekend Coming
12. So. . . Aug 13, 2008, 09:25 samuelk

I guess we can all look forward to playing TF2 against teams full of nothing but Heavy Weapons Guys next week.

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
5. Re: Ummmmm.... Aug 1, 2008, 10:05 samuelk

guess now if you want to blow your mind you'll have to visit Morpheus or contemplate whether our whole solar system could be, like one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being.

Oh wow.

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
2. Ummmmm.... Aug 1, 2008, 09:53 samuelk

How can something be "more typical than usual"? That's blowing my mind.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Nears, Now Available for Preorders
14. Re: So... Oct 26, 2007, 07:23 samuelk

"Meanwhile, there is a timer up now. Granted, it's in a big, ugly green font and seems to be negative (I know, I know, it's counting down, but it amuses me they have the hyphen in front of it.)"

The hyphen is correct, because it's a countdown (i.e., T-minus 1 minute and counting).

Even NASA uses the minus when doing a countdown. After a rocket/shuttle lifts off, the timer switches to T-plus.

Man, you guys are just inventing things to complain about.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 07:23.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Nears, Now Available for Preorders
12. Re: So... Oct 26, 2007, 07:04 samuelk

"So we can only try a demonstration of the product if we agree, in advance, to buy the product regardless of quality?"

No. Stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

EA is allowing people who preorder the game to try the demo a day earlier than everyone else. You can still play the demo without preordering the game; you just have to wait for another 24 hours.

Are you people so impatient to wait for a demo that you'd turn this into some kind of strong-arm tactic?

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 07:05.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Day of Defeat: Source
36. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 22:20 samuelk

For those of you complaining about DoD:Source's not being included with the retail versions of Half-Life 2, keep this in mind:

Vivendi could NOT distribute Day of Defeat because Day of Defeat was published by ACTIVISION, not Vivendi. Valve had nothing to do with Vivendi's/Sierra's inability to package DoD with the retail version of HL2.

Sierra lost the publishing rights to Valve's games after HL2.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: WoW sound Jun 13, 2005, 23:13 samuelk

Since when does 30 tons = 8,000 pounds? It's more like 60,000 lbs.

News Comments > BF2 Demo Exclusive?
33. Re: WHY!? Jun 8, 2005, 06:43 samuelk

"well said. this is totally flipping dense. No doubt they get some extra review points in exchange for this coverage. thats how bigger game sites work. corrupt city."

Review points? No. More like money.

News Comments > Source Update Redux
13. Re: No subject May 24, 2005, 10:33 samuelk

"It's called 'sarcasm', dude..."

I think that he probably knows how to use sarcasm seeing as how his post was literally dripping with it.

This comment was edited on May 24, 10:33.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Nears
11. No subject Sep 17, 2004, 10:59 samuelk

"Who knows ... I could be wrong."

You are.

To elaborate:

Tribes: Vengeance is NOT more complicated than Tribes. It's about the same. In fact, it's a bit simpler than Tribes 2. The Tribes series has always been a "thinking person's shooter", anyway.

True, anyone can ski in T:V. In the original Tribes, skiing was an exploit, not an intended feature. Therefore, the people who learned to do it well could unbalance the game, skiing across an entire map in a heavy armor in only a few seconds. T:V and Tribes 2 made put restrictions and controls on skiing. T:V actually frees up skiing a little more than Tribes 2 did. Skiing WELL in T:V still takes some skill.

As for Half-Life 2, there's no comparison between it and T:V. There's no reason for Vivendi to release T:V based on when HL2 is released. People will buy both games.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 11:44.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Release Candidate
51. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 07:51 samuelk

"Unless of course you are right, in which case Valve sent out a press release about something utterly inconsequential in the process of making games: 'hey guys! Build xxxx got sent to our internal Q&A (just like all our other builds)!'. See what I mean?"

Valve didn't send out a press release. It was a forum post.

Besides, Vivendi's internal QA usually only lasts 72 hours. Assuming they don't find any major show-stopping bugs, the game will go gold soon.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Release Candidate
49. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2004, 07:08 samuelk

"Thats great. Most of us don't really give a shite anymore."

Which explains why your posting about the game in this thread.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Movie Update
2. Re: Great, that movie was a real winner! Sep 10, 2004, 10:19 samuelk

"bowing out due to personal reasons"

Yeah, probably because he *personally* thinks the movie is going to suck.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 11:27.

News Comments > Car Game Tease
7. Re: Vehicle-based action game? Aug 10, 2004, 08:43 samuelk

Since the article refers to the original game as a "simulation", I'd bet that it could be AutoDuel. Interstate 76 is a good guess, too, but I don't know if I'd call it a simulation.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
119. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2004, 06:37 samuelk

]You're not all that good at that 'reading' thing, are you?

I'm thinking neither are you... check the HardOCP review (or just about any other review of the game) out there, and you'll answer your question quite easily.

I mispoke -- too used to talking about DX 9 -- post corrected.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 06:38.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
117. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2004, 06:22 samuelk

Here's a random though, seeing as I have a GeForce4ti and this is an OpenGL game, what am I missing graphically? OpenGL itself has not been significantly updated in a long time and AFAIK, the difference between 'medium' and 'ultra' setting is only in the textures resolution.

The GeForce4ti doesn't have the ability to render effects like heat haze--heat haze is the wavy distortion effect you see created by steam or other hot objects.

As for texture resolution, there's no difference between high and ultra modes. The difference is in the texture compression. In ultra mode, NONE of the textures are compressed. In high mode, some textures (I think specular maps, possibly others) are compressed. There's very little visual difference between high and ultra modes.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 06:36.

News Comments > SOLDNER Status Report
26. Here's one thing I'd like to see fixed.. Jun 24, 2004, 09:21 samuelk

(Load game)

"ZOLDNER!"

(Join game, get disconnected, back to main menu)

"ZOLDNER!"

(game crashes, reload game)

"ZOLDNER!"

etc.

News Comments > More Game Movies
5. Re: Im at work :( May 12, 2004, 15:25 samuelk

The HL2 movie is completely new. Shots of City 17, and you hear a bit of speech from the Administrator (voiced by Robert Culp). Pretty short clip, but cool nonetheless.

Glad to see the bullets...It was getting so hard to read the news items at a glance, I was going to mention something, too.

This comment was edited on May 12, 15:25.

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo