Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Umbragen

Real Name Umbragen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 27, 2008, 00:58
Total Comments 424 (Amateur)
User ID 48752

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Applications
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Applications Sep 29, 2009, 13:57 Umbragen

Generally, people don't abandon MMO's because of server problems or connection problems. The reasons they dump them has to do with actual gameplay or at least in-game issues. I suppose it could be possible to have a game so inaccessible that it would cause them to fail, but that's never been the case. (I can't speak to Asian MMO's. I wouldn't play them, even for free.)

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2009, 20:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cuts at Funcom; The Secret World Delayed
8. Re: Cuts at Funcom; The Secret World Delayed Sep 29, 2009, 13:43 Umbragen

...it will probably get released too late to make an impact now.

On the contrary, Funcom will still find a way to release too early. It's what they do.

News Comments > Cuts at Funcom; The Secret World Delayed
6. Re: Cuts at Funcom; The Secret World Delayed Sep 29, 2009, 13:34 Umbragen

It really is a shame, if Funcom had managed to deliver a fully realized game when Age of Conan launched, they would now be riding high or at least weathering the economic downturn intact. The same could be said of Warhammer - Both games commanded the attention of the community, they had great pre-sale numbers and both dropped the ball. Nay, they didn't drop it, they spiked the damn thing. And the real tragedy is, Funcom knew better -> Anarchy Online.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2009, 13:37.

News Comments > Stardock/UPS Follow-up
13. Re: Stardock/UPS Follow-up Sep 28, 2009, 21:52 Umbragen

By all means get your politics out there, wear it on your sleeve. It makes it easy to identify where NOT to spend my money.

News Comments > Stardock Boycotting UPS? [Updated]
93. Re: Stardock Boycotting UPS? Sep 28, 2009, 21:38 Umbragen

I didn't know Wardell was a right wing whackjob. I won't be buying anymore Stardock product. Bam. Whole story.  

News Comments > Who Owns Planescape: Torment?
6. Re: Who Owns Planescape: Torment? Sep 28, 2009, 12:55 Umbragen

IP law is seriously fucked up.

If one sentence ever spoke volumes!

News Comments > UO Return to Britannia Campaign
4. Re: UO Return to Britannia Campaign Sep 28, 2009, 11:52 Umbragen

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but after 10 years I don't remember my account name. I can't access email from that long ago. I have no way to get my account back. I had a fine stable of Dreads and I'm not interested in starting a no-skill noob.

Took awhile to find, but I still have my original key code. They should offer a way to input that data, cross-referenced to my name/address or some other identifying information.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2009, 13:41.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Sep 25, 2009, 09:15 Umbragen

Looks like the Fallout3: Game of the Year Edition is imminent, gotta clear out that old inventory.  

News Comments > Darkest of Days Patch
5. Re: Darkest of Days Patch Sep 25, 2009, 09:11 Umbragen

Considering what the company is known for, this is a remarkable 'first effort' at making a real game.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Sep 24, 2009, 12:35 Umbragen

The tessellation is impressive. The realistic diffraction patterns are cool but I don't know how good shadows really need to be.  

News Comments > New Aion Servers This Weekend
9. Re: New Aion Servers This Weekend Sep 23, 2009, 15:07 Umbragen

I hope they are just leasing the machines.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2009, 12:29 Umbragen

I've been wrong about Warhammer from the beginning - I didn't think EA would release it, even after spending the money to a acquire Mythic. When EA bought Bioware and its 'super secret' MMO, I was sure Warhammer's cancellation would soon follow. I swore I'd never bother playing the game, but I had some time to kill and ended up playing a few hours of the free trial. In that brief time (maybe too brief?) I didn't do one thing that I hadn't done a thousand times before - I should have been right about Warhammer, from the beginning.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2009, 12:30.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Leaked Trailer
36. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Sep 18, 2009, 16:33 Umbragen

So Atari is out? I shouldn't be surprised, especially if they are the reason the console version of the first Witcher was canceled. I don't know why Infogrames insists on pissing people off, the winner of the Prick Publisher of the Decade has already been claimed.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2009, 17:21.

News Comments > On Valve's Process
4. I get it now... Sep 17, 2009, 00:45 Umbragen

it's no one's dream project to complete the Half-Life 2 saga. As much as I hate to leave a story unfinished, increasingly, that's what it's looking like. The Borealis storyline was looking kinda weak anyway.  

News Comments > "More Broad Appeal" in Blizzard's Next MMOG
12. Re: Sep 15, 2009, 12:20 Umbragen

How did this guy become the head of the biggest gaming publisher in the world?

Activison bought Blizzard. (OK, Activison 'mated' with Blizzard)

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2009, 12:21.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. #EAFail Sep 11, 2009, 14:07 Umbragen

I pretty much ignore EA anymore. I guess that's why I had no idea what this article was referencing. Now that I do know, all I can say is - Damn those assholes at Bioware, fucking sell-outs.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2009, 16:35 Umbragen

The notion of 'open' beta certainly has lost its meaning. I downloaded the Aion client not realizing that keys were limited. That'll teach me - wasting 10 gigs of bandwidth on an NCSoft game.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
14. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live Sep 9, 2009, 16:23 Umbragen

I don't know that it's possible to earn enough favor playing the free content to unlock the more interesting aspects of the game. Even if you spend a few bucks on store points it's a hard sell. I agree with the poster above, if you want to play this game get a subscription. If you're going to end up buying the content through the store it will cost you far more. On the other hand, for the 'casual' gamer, it's not a terrible way to piss-away a few hours for free.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2009, 16:25.

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Why your Web content will look darker.. Sep 8, 2009, 19:42 Umbragen

Let me guess - next to the brilliance that is the Mac OS, everything looks darker?  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2009, 00:03 Umbragen

You can always tell when you strike a nerve with a wing-nut, they have an almost preprogrammed response - lies, laced with invective. It's hard to believe they completely controlled the government just a few short years ago; blame the gullible.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 00:04.

424 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo