Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 584 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 15:43 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:18:
/wow read some comments from that article....I am all of a sudden feeling very fortunate to only have as many trolls as we do....as they have a MAJOR troll problem at joystiq.

Joystiq is an absolute cesspool. Kotaku isn't much (any?) better, and it's a part of Gawker.

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Terraria Patched
13. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 13:17 mch

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:16:

I did start off in the new snow biome tho', so that's fun!

I thought there already was a snow biome? Or was that just for the holiday update? (I remember the candycanes! I made a candycane fortress!)

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 12:42 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 12:19:
As for the characters, Franklin seems fine but everyone he hangs around is a nightmare. Jesus, if I have to get into the tow truck with a crackhead one more time... Michael may be ok, too, but again, everyone around him sucks.

Completely agreed on this. Even though I like Lamar (I don't know why...can't explain that one), I can't stand the crackhead...and hate Michael's family even more.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 11:22 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:10:
I picked this up on Wednesday, but so far... not loving it like people here are. It feels like a more limited Saints Row 2 or 3. There's an open world, but you can barely do anything in it to start. Instead, you have to play the single player game with possibly the least likeable set of characters I've seen in a game. Everyone sucks. Everyone you interact with sucks more. It's not fun spending even a moment of time with these characters. And, so help me, there better be some payoff to the psychologist visits. My god, those are as dull as I've ever seen in a video game. I think RS thought it was biting social commentary, but it's all been done before a thousand times better in media where you expect to have to sit through things like this.

Hell, the majority of the cutscenes and dialogue are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Then there's the actual game. Granted, I have only put in maybe 5 hours, but I'm just not having fun. Accidentally nudge a pedestrian? Great, now you have 2 stars on you. Go hide in an alley for 3-4 minutes, wasting time, until that disappears.

I'm thinking this will go back on my shelf slightly slower than Homefront did.

I think I'm about 18-20% into the story, and I only remember 2 psychologist visits.

I don't despise the characters like some (seen a few reviews saying the same). I'm not sure why but I think Franklin is my favorite. And I might be sick, but I get a kick out of Trevor.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 09:44 mch

I feel bad for a few of my friends who are government employees with nothing to do today. I know at least a few of them were looking forward to the GTA Online silver lining.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 09:38 mch

Doesn't sound pretty so far but can't say I didn't anticipate that.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
1. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 09:31 mch

Oh man. And I just got back into my Minecraft server.

I think I've spent close to 100 hours in Terraria, but I haven't progressed that far in the actual 'game'. This almost makes it seem impossible. I should fire it up soon though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 25, 2013, 11:00 mch

PHJF wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 21:54:
I discovered this kickass tune from GTAV:

Battle Tapes - Feel the Same

Nice one. Remember what station that was on? I'm sure I'll find it eventually in any case.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 12:36 mch

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 12:02:

Thread over?

Probably wishful thinking

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 10:03 mch

Here we go again. One post is not enough, let's do a follow up for more clicks.

God, let it die.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 13:35 mch

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 11:50:
They need to bring back the dislike button.

99.9% sure there never was one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 15:28 mch

BobBob wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:58:
I see enough crime on the 10 pm news. I see how much it hurts people. I don't need to experience it first hand as a virtual perpetrator.

cool

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 14:28 mch

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:22:
Guys, what's the install procedure like for the PS3? I need to know so I can tell my wife what to do when she gets home. I don't want to waste 45 mins waiting for it to install when I finally get home... Help?

It's pretty straightforward, IIRC. I'd be more comfortable if I had my PS3 in front of me, but you either simply pop in the disc and say yes to a few prompts...or you pop in the disc, load the game, and say yes to a few prompts.

I plan to start up the install, and venture on out to the beer store

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 09:48 mch

Nothing until after work for me, but I do get to work from home tomorrow so ahem, yeah.

I'm getting more and more bummed about the delayed start for multiplayer. Despite all the problems in GTA4, I actually had a blast in multiplayer (when the damn thing could connect to a match). In fact, it played a major part in me kicking my WoW habit.

I have faith (after RDR) that they corrected the horrible matchmaking. GTA Online looks to be pretty good.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 12:34 mch

Joined, my social club nickname and PSN are 'CaseDesignate'

Wasn't sure I was going to be picking it up tomorrow...but I probably won't be able to resist. I guess GTA Online doesn't go live until 10/01 either way...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 10, 2013, 14:38 mch

That's how he does it so that's how everyone else should do it too.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 10, 2013, 10:28 mch

I had a lot of trouble actually sticking with Dark Descent, it creeped me out so much. I just got a new pair of nice headphones last week...I think I'm going to go back to it tonight. Reading reviews of the new one have given me the itch.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2013, 11:51 mch

Jivaro wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 11:45:
mch wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:05:
Haven't played Dead Space 3 or Mirror's Edge.

I found DS3 to be underwhelming personally. That said, I didn't find either of the first two games to be as good as many people did.

That was the impression I got from previews/reviews, so despite enjoying the first two (the first more than the second), I didn't pick it up.

The whole idea of co-op didn't seem to fit but I'd be fine with being proven wrong.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2013, 10:05 mch

Wow this is pretty tempting even if I'm not a big fan of Origin, and I already own BF3 and the original Dead Space.

Haven't played Dead Space 3 or Mirror's Edge.

Red Alert 3 sucked, it became too cartoony. I love the first two Red Alert games more than the traditional C&C series.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
1. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 09:48 mch

DelayZ? No? I'll see myself out.

I was interested in the original mod but never pulled the trigger on ARMA II because of the supposed bugs. Sounds like it might be the same case with this, so in my case I guess it's better they take their time even if they're losing a lot of the original enthusiasm.

584 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo