Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 574 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2013, 16:53 mch

mag wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 16:36:
Does the 360 have any decent non-FPS games that aren't either available on the PC or PS3?

I've heard people say that Forza is a worthy competitor to (or better than) Gran Turismo, but I've never played it personally.

That was a really interesting point though - I had to look up a list of exclusives. And wow.

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 11, 2013, 09:59 mch

It seems unclear whether Rockstar got permission, and Dillinger simply wants more money, or if they failed to get permission and simply used the song. Big difference.

The artist is asking Rockstar to either recall and destroy all copies of the game or offer a larger sum of money.

Lol_dies

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2013, 11:42 mch

Hoping to get back on GTA Online (PS3) soon...but probably won't be able to for another day or two. I played with someone from Blues last weekend (my PSN name is CaseDesignate), but I'm not exactly sure who it was

1. Re: Xbox One DVR automatically records gameplay when an achievement is unlocked Oct 7, 2013, 10:18 mch

Better not exploit or they'll catch youuuu!

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
3. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 4, 2013, 16:12 mch

Wow wee that's a spicy meatball.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2013, 12:49 mch

PropheT wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 12:42:
Maybe they should have interviewed the El Salvadoran gang member who just got out of prison the day before they recorded to see what he said instead.

I agree with what these guys are saying, but when Rockstar also hired guys who do real violence alongside them it sort of shoots their credibility in the foot a bit.

I have no problem with this. They did the same thing with Felicia Pearson on The Wire.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2013, 10:43 mch

Related note: the voice actor that did Michael was on Boardwalk Empire last week!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:25 mch

Keeping this in mind for my next Humble Bundle purchase. I think I normally distribute it towards Childs Play anyhow.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue - NFL Picks Oct 2, 2013, 21:38 mch

After all the horror stories, I haven't even attempted to play.

Are you guys actually successfully getting online? My one buddy has only gotten to the race tutorial and it crapped out.

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 16:21 mch

nin wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:23:
It's basically like the Single Player game only co-op, with a different story that takes place a few months before the single player story.

Thought it was after?

Yeah the Rockstar link above that you submitted says the co-op story takes place before the single player story.

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 15:43 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 15:18:
/wow read some comments from that article....I am all of a sudden feeling very fortunate to only have as many trolls as we do....as they have a MAJOR troll problem at joystiq.

Joystiq is an absolute cesspool. Kotaku isn't much (any?) better, and it's a part of Gawker.

News Comments > Terraria Patched
13. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 13:17 mch

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:16:

I did start off in the new snow biome tho', so that's fun!

I thought there already was a snow biome? Or was that just for the holiday update? (I remember the candycanes! I made a candycane fortress!)

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 12:42 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 12:19:
As for the characters, Franklin seems fine but everyone he hangs around is a nightmare. Jesus, if I have to get into the tow truck with a crackhead one more time... Michael may be ok, too, but again, everyone around him sucks.

Completely agreed on this. Even though I like Lamar (I don't know why...can't explain that one), I can't stand the crackhead...and hate Michael's family even more.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 11:22 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 11:10:
I picked this up on Wednesday, but so far... not loving it like people here are. It feels like a more limited Saints Row 2 or 3. There's an open world, but you can barely do anything in it to start. Instead, you have to play the single player game with possibly the least likeable set of characters I've seen in a game. Everyone sucks. Everyone you interact with sucks more. It's not fun spending even a moment of time with these characters. And, so help me, there better be some payoff to the psychologist visits. My god, those are as dull as I've ever seen in a video game. I think RS thought it was biting social commentary, but it's all been done before a thousand times better in media where you expect to have to sit through things like this.

Hell, the majority of the cutscenes and dialogue are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Then there's the actual game. Granted, I have only put in maybe 5 hours, but I'm just not having fun. Accidentally nudge a pedestrian? Great, now you have 2 stars on you. Go hide in an alley for 3-4 minutes, wasting time, until that disappears.

I'm thinking this will go back on my shelf slightly slower than Homefront did.

I think I'm about 18-20% into the story, and I only remember 2 psychologist visits.

I don't despise the characters like some (seen a few reviews saying the same). I'm not sure why but I think Franklin is my favorite. And I might be sick, but I get a kick out of Trevor.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 09:44 mch

I feel bad for a few of my friends who are government employees with nothing to do today. I know at least a few of them were looking forward to the GTA Online silver lining.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 09:38 mch

Doesn't sound pretty so far but can't say I didn't anticipate that.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
1. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 09:31 mch

Oh man. And I just got back into my Minecraft server.

I think I've spent close to 100 hours in Terraria, but I haven't progressed that far in the actual 'game'. This almost makes it seem impossible. I should fire it up soon though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Sep 25, 2013, 11:00 mch

PHJF wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 21:54:
I discovered this kickass tune from GTAV:

Battle Tapes - Feel the Same

Nice one. Remember what station that was on? I'm sure I'll find it eventually in any case.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 12:36 mch

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 12:02:

Thread over?

Probably wishful thinking

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 10:03 mch

Here we go again. One post is not enough, let's do a follow up for more clicks.

God, let it die.

574 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo