Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 553 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2010, 10:50 mch

That video of the cruise liner is nuts.

Also, Five Guys > In-N-Out burger.

9/10 on the video game quiz. Should have been 10/10. Here's what they told me I missed:

Your answer:
Grand Theft Auto
Correct answer:
Grand Theft Auto

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2010, 11:18 mch

Heh. Never gets old. Thanks Blue  

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 8, 2010, 10:00 mch

A real tragedy and a true hero. My condolences to his family.  

News Comments > EA Interview
9. Re: EA Interview Sep 3, 2010, 12:56 mch

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 12:54:
And they're almost five years old (in the case of the Xbox 360). Sometimes I think you pick the stupidest position on topics just for fun.

Jesus, did you stop reading?
This is FIFA. And it's the SVP of the GLOBAL online group. How fucking new do you think the computers your average FIFA player in Brazil, where FIFA sells a ton of copies, owns?

Eastern Europe, Latin America and Africa are HUGE markets for FIFA. THEY DO NOT HAVE VERY FAST COMPUTERS IN THESE MARKETS!

NOT EVERY COMPUTER PROGRAM IS AIMED AT YOU.
NOT EVERY QUOTE IS REFERRING TO YOU SPECIFICALLY.

That's nice. If he's developing a PC game, I would assume it was being developed for PC gamers. Football/soccer is popular all across the world, not just poor third world countries. Use more caps buddy.

5. Re: EA Interview Sep 3, 2010, 12:49 mch

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 12:46:

Upon launch consoles tend to be more "powerful" than PCs. Simple fact. They're $500, sold for a loss, and pure gaming potential so they can push more polygons faster.

And they're almost five years old (in the case of the Xbox 360). Sometimes I think you pick the stupidest position on topics just for fun.

3. Re: EA Interview Sep 3, 2010, 12:39 mch

Wow. That is some stupid fucking shit.  

News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
44. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 16:33 mch

eXFeLoN wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 16:16:

Replace multiplayer with coop?

Yes, it's been clarified. Do try and keep up.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2010, 15:18 mch

"...and, of course, the Squirrels. "  

39. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 15:16 mch

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 14:40:
You're right, I should have said "a larger focus on multiplayer." I predict it will have a co-op campaign and possibly something else other than deathmatch which is fresh and different, but always online.

Ah, gotcha. But HL2DM was so great!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2010, 15:12 mch

Speaking of DC metro area, we've got a hostage situation at the discovery channel building around the corner from my house. Hope everything turns out alright.

http://dcist.com/2010/09/developing_police_situation_at_disc.php

Edit: can't leave out one of the craziest manifestos I've ever seen:
http://savetheplanetprotest.com/

29. Re: Valve Plans 3 Sep 1, 2010, 14:10 mch

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 12:48:
I would bet whatever the next Half-Life is it has multiplayer, which is one of the big surprises. I'm pretty sure Valve view multiplayer through Steamworks as what keeps their piracy numbers in check.

This would seem to be a pretty safe bet (except for the 'next Half-Life' part ) seeing as how every HL has included multiplayer (ignoring episodes, but technically the multiplayer of HL2 could be used as an example). Or am I missing some sarcasm here?

News Comments > AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name
9. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 12:12 mch

No crossfire here. Might be specific to Win 7 64 bit, though.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2010, 11:24 mch

They should have given Jon Stewart an award for shaving off that hideous goatee.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2010, 11:12 mch

I need to give Mad Men another try. I've watched the first episode a few times but it never really got its claws into me. Going to have to try to get a little further with it this time.

Pleased that Modern Family and Breaking Bad won. Three years in a row for Bryan Cranston. WELL DESERVED!

News Comments > AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name
2. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 11:10 mch

Slightly off-topic but I mentioned a problem with ATI drivers and PopCap games a few days ago when they released 10.8. In case anyone else has run into this issue - which still remains in 10.8 - I have tested it and the problem can indeed be solved by rolling back to the 10.5 drivers.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 12:21 mch

Beamer, I don't 100% disagree with what you said about games not depreciating...but to a certain extent they do. CDs get scratched (sometimes you don't know until 75% through a game), backwards compatibility gets cut out of consoles (or in the case of PC games, which is somewhat irrelevant in this discussion, OS upgrades break games), multiplayer matchmaking servers are shut down (looking at you again, EA Sports). But I understand the general idea behind what you said.

And for godssake, you're all PC gamers. This is a battle waged almost solely due to GameStop. You people keep supporting GameStop in this, but GameStop doesn't deal with PC games. Hell, this entire discussion is mostly console based, and most of you hate consoles.

This is horseshit. Sure, GameStop is the biggest culprit but don't act like there aren't other outlets to sell your games (Amazon, Glyde, eBay, etc). And regardless, we're not supporting GameStop in this...we're supporting the consumer's right to resell their property without having these one-time activation code schemes undercut the title's resale value immediately after purchase.

Lastly, a lot of you love Steam and praise the coming of digital downloads. Think those will ever be resellable? Of course not.
Again...PC is somewhat irrelevant in a used games discussion, but Steam also offers customers benefits in exchange.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 11:30 mch

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 11:25:

Yes, I am. I'm supporting the devs that make games I enjoy. It really is that simple.

They've already been supported when buying used. It really is that simple.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 11:24 mch

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 11:18:
No need to "justify" anything. By purchasing a game used, you aren't doing anything wrong.

But by buying it new, I'm doing something right.

So to reward you for doing something right, game publishers will impose restrictions that could very easily affect your experience as well.

Using a console example - since this issue is mostly contained to console games anyhow - go buy a game that includes an EA Online Pass. Now try to play that game online across two accounts on the same console. This is a reality with families with multiple children. Want to play online with two different accounts? Well, then you can purchase another $10 EA Online Pass. Want to bring that game to your friends house? Hope you brought your PSN/XBL account info!

But hey, that's fine right? As long as it gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling over all those used game purchasing thieves. You're doing something RIGHT! Rolleyes

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 11:15 mch

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 11:13:
The devs already got paid for that copy of the game.

You can justify it any way you like, but at the end of the day, I know my money went towards supporting what I enjoyed, and that helps them make more games I like later.

No need to "justify" anything. By purchasing a game used, you aren't doing anything wrong.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 11:10 mch

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 11:06:
Screw you THQ, and screw you Penny Arcade.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but I agree with the PA folks, and that's why I don't buy used. When you buy used: none of your money goes to the people that made the game.

If you love your devs, support them directly. It's that simple.

The majority of the time I buy games new...but is it really that hard to figure out that they received compensation for the game when it was originally purchased? Comments like the following are absolutely ingenious, at best:

I honestly can't figure out how buying a used game was any better than piracy

Gimme a break.

553 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo