Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 576 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > SSX Domains
1. Re: SSX Domains Nov 9, 2010, 10:10 mch

I played SSX Tricky back in college and it was enjoyable. Not sure I'd still be interested, but I've seen worse series get rebooted.  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2010, 11:59 mch

Here in MD I'll be voting for the giant douche. Certainly not the turd sandwich.  

1. Re: I Hate it When This Happens. Nov 1, 2010, 11:09 mch

Ugh, my gf did that exact thing to my DS. Luckily she was pretty quick noticing it and it didn't even leave a mark.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2010, 12:29 mch

That Portal sentry pumpkin is amazing.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2010, 16:08 mch

Tumbler wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 14:12:

Evo + Sprint is prob the best combo atm. You can use 4G if it's in your area as well but that is more of a feature you'd only use when your phone is plugged in, I hear it destroys your battery in minutes when in use. Still if you had your laptop handy and could plug your phone in for power you could have a pretty awesome internet hub that multiple ppl can use. Not sure if you have to root the phone to use that ability without paying extra. I haven't tried it on my incredible, says i need some verizon data plan in addition. (i've not looked into it though, could be included under current package but I doubt it)

What sorta sucks is that I believe Sprint charges you an extra $10 for 4G regardless of whether it's available in your area. Luckily, I'm actually in between DC and Baltimore so Sprint's 4G coverage is getting better (and is pretty good in Baltimore itself).

I'm pretty sure tethering costs extra on most (if not all) wireless carriers, which is why I was interested in a phone I could root. Still need to do a bit of research on that.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2010, 13:48 mch

Jdrez wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 13:41:

T-mobile is cheapest, but AT&T has gone to tiered pricing and Verizon is set to follow. May want to wait as tiered pricing leaves cheaper monthly options. Unless you need unlimited data which is going away.

I have an original Droid which I got for $20 off Wirefly.com and have been pretty happy with it.

Thanks, personally I think I'd be leaning more towards the upper end of tiered pricing anyhow. I think the last time I saw, the lower packages are something like 250MB vs. the 2GB/unlimited you get for ~$10-15.

While it's hard to say ahead of time how much I'd use it, I bet I could hit 250MB pretty quick.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 26, 2010, 13:06 mch

I want an Android smartphone badly, but I'm currently not willing to dish out ~$100/month for it.

I'm looking into Sprint/T-Mobile, as they seems (slightly) more affordable...but I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger.

If anyone has any advice/recommendations I'd be very grateful. Ideally I'd like an Android phone that I could root. Which I believe leaves the Droid X and Droid 2 out, though I think I read that they've made some headway.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2010, 14:40 mch

The Lower Merion School District will pay $185,000 to the two students who claimed the district spied on them by secretly activating the webcams on their laptops. Another $175,000, will be put in trust for Blake Robbins, the student whose family pointed out the problem last winter. Another student will get $10,000. A large chunk, $425,000 will go toward legal fees.

Lovely.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 13:01 mch

Brian is great but Peter still holds my #1 spot, I think. Still one of the stranger picks for 'sexy costume' out of the bunch.

Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone would have been amazing IMO.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 11:46 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:26:
But I guess it's just more proof of what Halloween is becoming, at least for the older age group.

Fun?

An excuse for girls to dress as slutty as possible.

I'm specifically talking about an older age group, and not saying it's not fun. I don't necessarily have a problem with it

Also probably has a lot to do with the fact I was in college for the first half of the decade, so could just be my perspective.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 10:40 mch

Wow, some of those Halloween Costumes are absolutely ridiculous. Brian from Family Guy? What the hell? But I guess it's just more proof of what Halloween is becoming, at least for the older age group.

I would have sent this in yesterday but I was off work and missed it: Apparently a DC cop in an SUV creamed Bumblebee on the set of Transformers 3. Lol_dies

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/transformers-3-chevrolet-camaro-bumblebee-crash

Edit: ugh, another fake video from the Warcraft freakout guy? Give it a rest kid.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2010, 11:40.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2010, 14:35 mch

Sepharo wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 13:47:
My feelings on Sunny are actually the opposite of yours Blue. I was worried after the first episode but the second and third have really calmed my worries so much that I'm saying things like, "Sorry I doubted you Sunny!"

The boat and the wacky arm waving inflatable tube man dance... perfect.

I'm in complete agreement. I was also a little underwhelmed with the first episode of Modern Family's second season, but after seeing it again it was better than I originally thought.

I thought the wacky waving arm inflatable tube man dance was so spot on that they must have been controlling the air flow on that thing to make its movements a bit more predictable.

News Comments > MoH Taliban Renamed
27. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 11:46 mch

winnetou wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 11:38:
mch wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 11:13:
Right (and correct me if I'm wrong - I probably am in the case of a few titles) but in most WW2 shooters that I can recall, you don't ever play as 'Nazis', you play as 'Axis'.
That might be true, but it might also simply be due to the developers allowing themselves to include or add scenarios which aren't restricted to the german and us army. Naming them Axis and Allies early on keeps that option alive, regardless of what you end up with.

True, and also so that your game can be sold in Germany. Same reason Swastikas aren't normally shown IIRC. Makes your game more widely available.

I wasn't arguing for or against, or attempting to give reasons why it's often 'Axis' and not 'Nazis', I was simply pointing out that in the majority of WW2 shooters, you already aren't fighting as/against 'Nazis' (as far as the naming goes, at least).

22. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 11:13 mch

winnetou wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 11:04:

Axis forces included more armies than just the german one.

Right (and correct me if I'm wrong - I probably am in the case of a few titles) but in most WW2 shooters that I can recall, you don't ever play as 'Nazis', you play as 'Axis'.

11. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 10:51 mch

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 10:36:
And while we're at it, we're going to go back and change the names in all our WW2 games so you aren't fighting "Nazis", you are fighting "Generic Non-descript Enemies".

You mean like 'Axis'?

6. Re: 7 Most Annoying Kids in Action Movies Sep 27, 2010, 14:36 mch

...and Joseph Mazzello was just as annoying in The Pacific as he was in Jurassic Park.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2010, 14:25 mch

Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 14:14:
A prohibition era show starring Steve Buscemi on HBO. I know Martin Scorcese was involved at one point, not sure if he still is or not though.

According to the Wiki, he only directed the first episode, but remains an executive producer.

Edit: Too slow!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2010, 10:52 mch

I also thought Boardwalk Empire was great. Looking foward to more!  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2010, 13:23 mch

PropheT wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 13:02:
I don't think people hate Farmville because it's a game their grandma likes.

They hate it because MARY JUST GOT A NEW PUMPKIN PATCH! MARY NEEDS 10 MORE SEEDS TO LEVEL UP! JOE JUST PLANTED A NEW CORN FIELD! of the way it's integrated with Facebook to be the most annoying thing on the planet.

Yeah, definitely annoying but also easy enough to hide. The degree to which it annoyed me before I hid it, however, is enough to stick with me.

News Comments > ATI Catalyst Hotfix
6. Re: ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 10, 2010, 10:23 mch

I'm not even going to bother to test whether these drivers address the issue I've had with PopCap games.  

576 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo