Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 582 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed
6. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed Jan 18, 2011, 10:16 mch

Wow, free Steam copy with purchase of PS3 version really makes me think I'll be picking this up on Blu-ray.  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 12:47 mch

Tumbler wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 12:38:
Consoles kick ass for gaming despite so many people trashing them because of control issues.

Dragon Age Origins with all the DLC is awesome on the 360. I continue to be amazed at how much content they shoved into this game before the DLC. I just did the mages tower missions, that mission alone was filled with stuff to do and then there is this massive dream area inside that mission, so many companies would never spend all that time making all that extra stuff, it's crazy. It's like these guys got away with putting WAY WAY WAY more content in this game than a publisher would bother doing, awesome awesome awesome. And I can give this to a friend when I'm done and he can play through everything as well.

DA:O was a good game on 360, but comparatively nowhere near as good as it was on PC. You have, what... 6 possible bindings?

Don't get me wrong, I played it on 360 and enjoyed it, but your compliments on the amount of content (while true IMO) aren't specific to console versions.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 11:02 mch

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 10:36:
I bought the PS3, it's mine. I'll access it whatever way I want and if you don't like that then you can start renting your hardware out instead of selling a consumer product to people.

Amen. Hopefully this can put an end to this EULA-says-you-don't-really-own-it bullshit.

Interesting to put this in the context of some of Sony's other legal battles (Betamax and the Sony rootkit fiasco).

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 10:32 mch

From the motion for TRO:

Finally, SCEA will likely prevail on its claim under §1030(a)(7)(B), which prohibits“intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value” by threatening “to obtain information from a protected computer without authorization or in excess of authorization or to impair the confidentiality of information obtained from a protected computer without authorization or by exceeding authorized access.” Hotz violated this provision when, in the same post in which the published SCEA’s Keys, he attempted to obtain from SCEA “a thing of value” in the form of employment: “if you want your next console to be secure, get in touch with me.”

Slap

News Comments > Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released
2. Re: Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released Dec 30, 2010, 15:03 mch

LOL I actually thought this was a bus simulator.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2010, 15:56 mch

Ratty wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 14:47:
I have no problem with tiered services or data caps as long as they are completely data agnostic. The consumer pays for more bandwidth and faster speed - fine. Let the market decide how viable that turns out to be.

Personally, I have no problem with data caps (assuming they aren't the ambiguous 'You've hit the magic number!' stuff that Comcast has pulled in the past). I also have no problem with paying for more bandwidth and faster speeds.

However, 'letting the market decide' in this case isn't feasible. There simply isn't enough competition.

Ratty wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 14:47:
But when the content is used to determine network priority that's when I have a huge problem. We're potentially looking at content-based packages similar to the channel packages we all love soooo much from our cable companies. Pay a certain amount of money to access Google, Youtube, and Hulu at high speeds and high data caps. But not Netflix because Comcast owns NBC and Hulu and Netflix competes with its own Pay Per View service. Netflix would be part of a "premium" package because they refused to pay some exorbitant fee.

Because of all the weasel words and loopholes, I don't see anything in this legislation that would prevent that.

Amen.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2010, 14:01 mch

Sorry to hear that Cutter  

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2010, 13:36 mch

Beamer wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:59:
you cannot get top of the line picture quality without 3D. It does not exist.

Rolleyes

K

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2010, 11:33 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 11:02:
FYI, www.woot.com has the 250gb HD for xbox for 49.99 with a transfer kit. Great steal if you have an older one like me.

Wow, that's a good one....Unfortunately I'm stuck with my 20GB, it looks like. Sold out

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2010, 11:14 mch

El Pit wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 11:11:
3D tv is doomed, if Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. can't make up their minds and find a single 3D standard for all tv sets. Plus: the current 3D tv technology is really, really underwhelming. 3D will be a blast as soon as no shutter eyes will be needed. Until then: niche market.

Yeah, I gotta agree. When it doesn't require glasses, then maaaaybe. Still probably not, I haven't even gotten into the whole 3D-in-the-theater deal. Then again, I don't watch films in theaters very often.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2010, 11:07 mch

Beamer wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 10:41:
3D uptake is practically nonexistent right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

Sure, no one wants it, but it's in every TV released in the last 6 months. Want a medium to high end HDTV? Well, you're going to get 3D with it, like it or not. All the best 2D TVs have 3D built in.

Unless you're buying a cheap TV at Walmart (which a huge chunk of people do) you're getting 3D with it.

But that's because avoiding it isn't an option if you want a modern TV with youtube, netflix and great black levels.

Are you speaking specifically about Sony TVs? Specifically about IPTV-capable TVs?

Either way, I'm calling bullshit. I can pull up a number of TVs on Best Buy's website, whether IPTV or not, whether Sony or not, that do not include 3D.

News Comments > Alganon Interview
1. Re: Alganon Interview Dec 21, 2010, 11:05 mch

OOOOH Christmas came early!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2010, 12:23 mch

Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 11:48:
Unfortunately The Walking Dead is using the BBC episode format(6 per season) and is now on hiatus until next October. I can't imagine the viewership it picked up will necessarily stick around that long, I hope it doesn't end up getting Rubicon'd. I really enjoyed it although there are definitely some dialogue problems at times that are probably related to poor writing.

Haven't had a chance to check out Raising Hope yet. Boardwalk Empire has great production values but it seems to be all over the place and not really have an idea of where it wants to go. I don't really find many of the characters very compelling either.

The second season of Walking Dead is supposed to have 13 episodes.

Secret not-so-spoiler text: Hopefully all of them are better than last night's episode.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2010, 16:54 mch

PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 15:54:
Walking Dead had a good first episode (and I really dig the intro) but yeesh it's tanked. The writing is just terribad.

Read yesterday that they fired all the writers and Darabont isn't planning on having any for the second season.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 1, 2010, 13:55 mch

Verno wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 10:41:
Cram wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 07:12:
This entire console generation is dead to me at this point.

There were some great console games this generation, I have to disagree with you. I think there have been some huge disappointments as well, your list is pretty accurate there but that's nothing new in the industry. Uncharted 2 was great, Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake was highly underrated, Assassin's Creed 2 and so on. There were plenty of gems. I think it's more accurate to say that there were a bunch of turds that received way more financial success than they deserved.

As an aside though FFXIII was one of the worst games I have ever played. It is the highest production value piece of garbage ever produced.

Demon's Souls!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2010, 11:37 mch

Tumbler wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 10:00:
The motion capture stuff on the pc looks interesting, there is a youtube clip of someone showing how the camera captures in 3d and creates a picture, or mabye it was 2d capture and plasters that over an image with depth? Not sure exactly what it's doing but it looked interesting.

There's a collection of videos here. I thought the nightshot video was pretty interesting.

http://www.creativeapplications.net/news/kinect-opensource-news/

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2010, 10:50 mch

I've heard of them being legal in certain areas...but it's pretty rare.

This doesn't really give a list of legal areas, but it's something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_the_AK-47#In_the_United_States

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: 'South Park' Sued for Stealing from YouTube Nov 16, 2010, 10:46 mch

LOL good luck with that, Brownmark Films. Little thing called parody.

"give us Internet money!"

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2010, 11:12.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: The Ten Businesses The Smartphone Has Destroyed. Nov 15, 2010, 13:27 mch

Jim wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 12:49:
They forgot one. Flashlights. Every week at the observatory we have people come up and somehow can't cope with the red (night-vision preserving) lights we have on and use their phone screens as flash lights, which prevent anyone else from keeping their night vision.

Good one. Not just the screens, either. There's an app that uses my phone's LED flashes as a flashlight if I need.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 13:20 mch

Hey, at least they added cart racing!  

582 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo