Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 574 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Peter Jackson Surgery Delays Jan 28, 2011, 11:53 mch

kanniballl wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 11:50:

Archer is probably my favorite TV show of the 2000s. I've probably watched 2010's first season about 8 times already. I'm not exaggerating.

Probably The Wire or Breaking Bad for me

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Peter Jackson Surgery Delays Jan 28, 2011, 11:25 mch

Missed Archer last night, so I can't wait to get home and watch the season's first episode. Great show.

Going to have Archer, Magicka and Dead Space 2 competing for my time tonight though!

News Comments > Magicka Free DLC, Trailer
8. Re: Magicka Free DLC, Trailer Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 mch

Absolutely love casting Meteor Shower when playing with my friend (when multiplayer works), then watching him run around trying not to get killed.  

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
1. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 10:28 mch

That's pretty impressive. I downloaded the demo yesterday and almost finished it (I think) before Dead Space 2 dragged me away. I'll be picking it up tonight. Neat little game.  

News Comments > Magicka and Demo Now Available
2. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 13:35 mch

Yeah, I hadn't heard of this but I'll definitely be checking out the demo.  

News Comments > UK Group Reports Call of Duty: Black Ops
5. Re: UK Group Reports Call of Duty: Black Ops Jan 25, 2011, 12:33 mch

Arithon wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 12:15:
I got it for Christmas so, like unwanted socks, I can't take it back.

I guess I'm in the minority...I love getting new socks. I'm very glad I didn't get Black Ops, though

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 25, 2011, 11:59 mch

Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 11:30:
It's a great game so far, I'm really enjoying it. I was worried after the shitty trailer but really thats just more EA marketing failure. The games opening segment alone will blow you away.

Gaaah. Must get out of work. My anticipation for this game has really ramped up the past few weeks (no credit to EA marketing failure).

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 25, 2011, 10:15 mch

I'm also a big fan of Ars' reviews, especially Ben's.

This part was nice to read:

There was concern that Dead Space 2 would ditch the horror of the first game and move to a more violent, action-oriented style. That worry will pass within the game's first hour, which presents scenes of dread and tension very effectively. If you're scared of not being scared, to put it one way, you have nothing to be afraid of.

News Comments > Crash Time 4: The Syndicate Demo
2. Re: Crash Time 4: The Syndicate Demo Jan 21, 2011, 11:16 mch

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 10:46:
Argh! I saw "Syndicate", and I'm like "OMG NEW SYNDICATE DEMO!!!!"

Curse you, German developers, for your nefariously misleading game titles! Shakefist

KHAAAAAAAAAAN!

Creston

Came here to post exactly that (minus the KHAAAAAN scream, but whatever)

Crying

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout [Updated]
5. Re: Dead Space 2 Trailer Blowout Jan 20, 2011, 11:46 mch

Wonder if the the "Puker Attack" video is the same one I've see on TV, where Isaac (very cheesily) says "Nobody pukes on me" or something?

That commercial had me pretty worried about DS2. I had my reservations about them adding a voice for Isaac, and if he was going to be dropping cheesy one-liners ala Duke Nukem...that would have been quite the departure from the original.

I played through the demo, though, and the voice parts weren't bad. Guess we'll see next week.

News Comments > Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure
49. Re: Activision Recommends Bizarre Closure Jan 19, 2011, 15:59 mch

spindoctor wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 15:00:
I'm pretty sure Blur was 40$ at release. Price history for the game seems to confirm that too...

http://www.steamgamesales.com/view-history.php?id=1913

How are you guys saying it was a 60$ game?

On consoles, at release, I believe it was $60.

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed
9. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed Jan 18, 2011, 10:23 mch

Dunkirk wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 10:19:
So am I going to be able to play co-op on my PC with a buddy on his Mac? If so, I'm probably going to be buying one of those Steam multi packs...

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, other source games have PC/Mac compatibility (TF2, L4D1 & 2)

I'm impressed with PS3 cross-compatibility being added to the list, though.

Kind of strange to see MS as the odd-man out.

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed
6. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed Jan 18, 2011, 10:16 mch

Wow, free Steam copy with purchase of PS3 version really makes me think I'll be picking this up on Blu-ray.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 12:47 mch

Tumbler wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 12:38:
Consoles kick ass for gaming despite so many people trashing them because of control issues.

Dragon Age Origins with all the DLC is awesome on the 360. I continue to be amazed at how much content they shoved into this game before the DLC. I just did the mages tower missions, that mission alone was filled with stuff to do and then there is this massive dream area inside that mission, so many companies would never spend all that time making all that extra stuff, it's crazy. It's like these guys got away with putting WAY WAY WAY more content in this game than a publisher would bother doing, awesome awesome awesome. And I can give this to a friend when I'm done and he can play through everything as well.

DA:O was a good game on 360, but comparatively nowhere near as good as it was on PC. You have, what... 6 possible bindings?

Don't get me wrong, I played it on 360 and enjoyed it, but your compliments on the amount of content (while true IMO) aren't specific to console versions.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 11:02 mch

Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 10:36:
I bought the PS3, it's mine. I'll access it whatever way I want and if you don't like that then you can start renting your hardware out instead of selling a consumer product to people.

Amen. Hopefully this can put an end to this EULA-says-you-don't-really-own-it bullshit.

Interesting to put this in the context of some of Sony's other legal battles (Betamax and the Sony rootkit fiasco).

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 10:32 mch

From the motion for TRO:

Finally, SCEA will likely prevail on its claim under §1030(a)(7)(B), which prohibits“intent to extort from any person any money or other thing of value” by threatening “to obtain information from a protected computer without authorization or in excess of authorization or to impair the confidentiality of information obtained from a protected computer without authorization or by exceeding authorized access.” Hotz violated this provision when, in the same post in which the published SCEA’s Keys, he attempted to obtain from SCEA “a thing of value” in the form of employment: “if you want your next console to be secure, get in touch with me.”

Slap

News Comments > Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released
2. Re: Greyhound Manager 2 and Demo Released Dec 30, 2010, 15:03 mch

LOL I actually thought this was a bus simulator.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2010, 15:56 mch

Ratty wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 14:47:
I have no problem with tiered services or data caps as long as they are completely data agnostic. The consumer pays for more bandwidth and faster speed - fine. Let the market decide how viable that turns out to be.

Personally, I have no problem with data caps (assuming they aren't the ambiguous 'You've hit the magic number!' stuff that Comcast has pulled in the past). I also have no problem with paying for more bandwidth and faster speeds.

However, 'letting the market decide' in this case isn't feasible. There simply isn't enough competition.

Ratty wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 14:47:
But when the content is used to determine network priority that's when I have a huge problem. We're potentially looking at content-based packages similar to the channel packages we all love soooo much from our cable companies. Pay a certain amount of money to access Google, Youtube, and Hulu at high speeds and high data caps. But not Netflix because Comcast owns NBC and Hulu and Netflix competes with its own Pay Per View service. Netflix would be part of a "premium" package because they refused to pay some exorbitant fee.

Because of all the weasel words and loopholes, I don't see anything in this legislation that would prevent that.

Amen.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2010, 14:01 mch

Sorry to hear that Cutter  

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 22, 2010, 13:36 mch

Beamer wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:59:
you cannot get top of the line picture quality without 3D. It does not exist.

Rolleyes

K

574 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo