Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 572 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
12. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 16:16 mch

deqer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:40:

I eventually left Quest(level editor) for QERadiant, but I will give this editor a try because of the 3D-only view, because that's how I did it in Quest. In Quest, I always full-screened one of the views and turned it into 3D view, and the keys allowed me to navigate and build at 10x faster speed than in qeradiant.

I remember Quest! I couldn't use the 3D view as much (it ran horribly slow on my machine at the time), so I had to use the 2D views. Still loved that editor though!

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2013, 16:30 mch

Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 14:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 09:46:
Lana... Lana... LAAANNNNAANANNAAA!

WHAT?!

Danger Zone.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2013, 15:32 mch

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 12:23:
Funny you mentioned sports Beamer, as thats actually going online (live) as well. You can watch the NFL live through their website by subscribing to them directly.

You can also subscribe to NHL Gamecenter, but that is subject to blackouts depending on your location (as Verno noted earlier). I'm not completely sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case with the NFL as well.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2013, 17:01 mch

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 16:38:

Yeah, Alyx sucks, but oh well, I'd gladly put up with that for the rest of the awesomeness. Sadly, it's a 30 Gig mod, and he's put it on absolutely shitty download sites with 50kb/s limits.

Creston

I thought the same thing, but it turns out there's a Light Edition that doesn't include the models. It comes it at about 7GB. There are also torrent files for the mod. I might check it out.

edit: the torrent for the full mod checks in at ~2GB...and appears to be missing files?

News Comments > Boxing Day Mobilization
24. Re: Boxing Day Mobilization Dec 27, 2012, 16:32 mch

No pilots + iMaps jokes yet?

Disappointed

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
132. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 21, 2012, 12:50 mch

Looking forward to Play it Forward! Really enjoyed it last year, and I think I have my 'victim' chosen  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2012, 10:52 mch

In more bad luck, my laptop was without a charge, but I've managed to fire it up using an inverter and a car jumper box with a battery in it for this makeshift update (I won't have access to the mail on my other machine until the power returns, so there may be some catching up to do after this.

Blue is hardcore!

Grats on getting your FiOS issues sorted out.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 11:45 mch

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:39:

Oh, my bad. And yeah, the third book was split in two, and not really a whole lot happens in the first one (it's mostly setting stuff up for the second book). Then again, just about nothing happens at all in books 4 and 5, so this will likely be the last good season of the TV show anyway.

Creston

Hmmm. I'm reading through them now and the third book was just one book for me. The fourth book (weakest of them all so far I thought, I just started book five), was focused on only half of the characters, with book five picking up at the end of book five for the characters that were left out of book four. So that one was split in my opinion. Someone said it was different in the UK/other territories?

Anyway I agree, the third book should make for a solid season(s).

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 11:35 mch

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:15:
Not sure that I like a super-sized season 3 for GoT. Fitting a book into a 13 episode season makes things move along, which is really the biggest problem with the whole Fire and Ice saga anyway...So making more episodes, eh. That'll just be more episodes where nothing happens... We could also call this the "Peter Jackson's the Hobbit" corrolary.

Creston

What I took from the article is that "super sizing" the season was ... extending the average run time of the episodes from 52 to ~56 minutes. There's still only going to be ten (not 13) episodes. However, the third book will be split into two seasons - your complaint still valid on that one - but that was always the plan.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 10:58 mch

InBlack wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:55:
mch wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 10:45:
Are they still splitting book 3 into two seasons? Think I remember hearing that but not sure I ever saw any confirmation.

Yes they are. BTW the UK edition of the novel itself was split into two books. (Fucking greedy if you ask me)

Hmmm. If I remember correctly the biggest events happened towards the end of the book (NO SPOILERS). Wonder if they'll re-arrange the order (since things are often happening at the same time).

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2012, 10:45 mch

Are they still splitting book 3 into two seasons? Think I remember hearing that but not sure I ever saw any confirmation.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
51. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2012, 10:44 mch

Verno wrote on Dec 17, 2012, 09:29:

PSU is something you don't want to skimp on, wattage itself is unimportant though. Get a quality PSU at or around 400-500W, Corsair sells rebadged Seasonic PSUs which are outstanding. Again avoid anything OCZ, their PSUs have the highest defect/RMA rates.

Funny, I just had a cheapo PSU explode on me Friday night. Somehow I lucked out and it didn't take anything else with it.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 13:10 mch

I also thought DKR was hugely overrated.

It wasn't godawful, but it definitely wasn't very good.

News Comments > Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale
4. Re: Free Duke Nukem 3D Kicks Off GOG.com Sale Dec 12, 2012, 13:41 mch

Woohoo!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Dec 12, 2012, 11:39 mch

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:14:
I actually have better luck replaying old NES/SNES/Genesis era console stuff than I do old computer games.

Man, I've gotten halfway to 3/4s of the way through Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc more times than I can count.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2012, 16:44 mch

MrGrosser wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 15:57:
And uhhhh didn't they say 12/21/2012.. no the 12th?

Thought so as well.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 10:50 mch

Pulled the trigger on Witcher 2. Guess now I'll have to finish the first one!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2012, 14:17 mch

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 13:04:
Nintendo seemed to adopt a policy of being their customer's worst enemy instead of being a proper challenger to their rivals ever since the SNES era. They would be on top of the world right now if it wasn't for retarded mistake after mistake. They've been one of the most paranoid companies against piracy since day 1, and it does not take a world class economist to realize how much they have suffered as a result of that stance.

Most would say they 'won' the last console generation despite weaker hardware. Seriously, look at what you're saying. Wii and DS absolutely destroyed.

edit: not saying I support their decisions, but 'mistake after mistake'? Pfffft.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 16:18 mch

Twinkie bailout!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 10:25 mch

Still remember the special Secret of Mana series Nintendo Power had for a few issues. God was that beautiful. RIP  

572 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo