Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 576 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
96. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2013, 10:45 mch

Just my $0.02 but I picked up Dust after reading through these comments yesterday and I have to say I'm very happy I did so. Played it for a good part of the day yesterday and I can't really remember the last time I've sat down with a game for that long.

I also agree with Verno's comments on Don't Starve, for the most part. A bit grindy and difficult (the first game I played I couldn't find a boulder with gold for the whole 7-10 days I stayed alive).

Food seems a bit scarce and I in my current game I can't find any damn Beefalo but I realize you can tweak the spawn rate of these things. I'd like to play it successfully on the vanilla settings, but when I'm struggling to stay alive past 15 days due to just dumb luck and scarcity, my patience wears a bit thin.

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 09:09 mch

Hope your prescription hasn't changed too much!

Recently picked a new pair of glasses (have to lay off my contacts for a while) and woah has it been an adjustment. Not only is the shift from contacts to glasses always disorienting, but the new prescription is making things even crazier.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 09:05 mch

I'm sorry but this CNET piece really pissed me the hell off.

CNET: There seems to be some confusion here about the ability to resell Xbox One games, or reuse Xbox One games among other users.
Henshaw: Let me clear that up unequivocally. Xbox One will support the reselling and used game market for Xbox One games. We have not announced details about exactly how it's going to work, or how licenses are going to be exchanged. That's all coming up later in the year.

Boy, you really cleared that up 'unequivocally' huh? All arguments about second-hand sales aside, that type of bullshit really grinds my gears.

50. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:34 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:22:
They announced Kinet will be bundled with every console.
The eye into your home!

Xbox One is a definite, wait 1.5 years and then see.

And, the biggest thing that will make me NOT buy it: Confirmed, Xbox One is NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

/ha! A bunch of really bad info/bad press is coming out now that reveal is over, they are sharing a lot of stuff off camera. "Xbox One will not work unless Kinet is connected"

//"May have mandatory game installs"

I believe it definitely has mandatory game installs, and sounds like there's a fee for a second-hand game license.

It's not backwards compatible, but neither is the PS4. The bad news is that Sony suggested they'd try to work around the new architecture by streaming PS3 titles (still a bit up in the air). Microsoft sounds like they plan continue to sell the Xbox 360 so I doubt they plan to do the same.

All that said, after the RROD fiasco I sure hope a lot of people give it a nice 1.5 year wait time. Like they swore they would Rolleyes

46. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:07 mch

But hey, with the new voice commands. "Xbox, eject my videocassette."  

44. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:00 mch

That is one large console. Seriously, looks to me like a VCR (even has an HDMI passthrough the the TV "integration") or a desktop PC. Hopefully, the large size is because they packed it full of adequate cooling this time.

Anyway, mixed reactions over here. The "15 exclusive games in year one (8 being new franchises)" sounds interesting, but I'll wait until E3 to see.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 10:28 mch

Good to hear. Not really familiar with those types of storms in these parts, aside from the tornado that trashed UMD while I was there.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 10:15 mch

Gotta agree with Verno on actually seeing the console. Not really sure why that was such a big deal to people, I'm going to take a wild guess that it's a plastic box.

Said this yesterday but thoughts to all those in Oklahoma and other affected areas. I notice Creston made a comment yesterday about the Shawnee tornado the day before. I'm not sure if he or other Blues readers live around OKC but I hope everyone is ok.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2013, 19:11 mch

Good lord, thoughts for Oklahoma and other affected areas.  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2013, 18:53 mch

Just to clarify but I've seen a lot of people refer to the author of the Nuclear Unicorn....thing...as a male. Looking at the profile thing on the right, it looks like the author is female.

QUINNAE MOONGAZER
Pictured, your dashing, all around bad dancer and not-so-humble correspondent, Katherine Cross.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2013, 20:10.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2013, 12:59 mch

Luckily I was working from home when I watched 'How Animals Eat Their Food' because I burst out laughing at the Alligator...then again at the Kangaroo  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2013, 09:47 mch

It's been hitting 90 this week here around DC. Pretty strange for this time of year but I guess it could be worse.  

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Apr 5, 2013, 16:03 mch

If you find the archive of old Compuserve forum posts, look for a post from account 1571515817598 or however they named things. What a mess.

But no, I didn't apologize because I still hadn't figured out what all those Internet people meant when they said I was 'screaming'...

God I was a stupid child

17. Re: Into the Black Apr 5, 2013, 15:07 mch

Ant wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 14:29:
What did he say to you?

Oh god I wish I could remember, this was years and years ago (well, obviously...if Compuserve was around). It was a well reasoned, calm response if I remember correctly. It was probably pretty clear from my post that I was a kid.

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 5, 2013, 10:14 mch

I remember when I was a young kid, he wrote a nasty review of Ace Ventura or the sequel (which weren't exactly fine cinema). I took to the Compuserve forums (I think he sponsored one specifically for his reviews or feedback) and left a huge, all-caps tirade about how his review was unfair.

Anyway the thread blew up into a huge, multi-page disaster, mostly full of people complaining that I was "yelling" ...which I didn't understand at the time. To his credit, he actually did respond to my screaming 12-or-something-year-old self. God knows I wouldn't have responded to me.

Rest in peace.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
17. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 10:05 mch

I've heard people wondering if this was just the case with the dev units, which seems possible. Then again they could definitely be this stupid.

I was considering skipping Microsoft this time around. If this turns out to be true, I'll definitely be skipping it.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 19:59 mch

I also think Goon was a pretty entertaining movie. Hope they don't fuck up the sequel but yeah who am I kidding?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 11:29 mch

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 11:19:
But, maybe M. Wilbon is as prejudiced against hockey as I appear to be.

Never listen to Wilbon cover hockey. Just...don't. Actually, that could probably be said for ESPN as a whole.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:59 mch

Speaking of the Mets, I just read that they're giving away free tickets for this weekend through some Twitter promotion if you hadn't heard.

Then again, I don't know what Mets tickets normally go for so maybe this isn't a huge deal - I picked up some (crappy) Nats tickets for about $2 a piece last season.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:32 mch

Yep ignorant comment of the day right there.  

576 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo