Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 572 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 13:01 mch

Prez wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 11:45:
I'll be a man an admit I did this once. I posted a negative review of a game (can't remember which one) years ago

Am I misunderstanding or are you claiming that there is a game that you do not own? Calling BS, sir

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 09:55 mch

I liked the old way of removing posts, but liked the new way of posting screenshots.

Just my $0.02

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2013, 14:06 mch

Condoms. Now there's something I'd buy from eBay Goodluck

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
84. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 31, 2013, 10:34 mch

His Twitter account is back, as of this morning.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 22, 2013, 12:48 mch

Verno wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 11:01:

The multiplayer is surprisingly fun and addictive too, I thought it would just be throwaway stuff but its very slick and well executed with a lot of potential longevity.

My tribe nearly got wiped out for the second time this weekend

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 02:48 mch

I've done both Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for $10, I'm pleased enough with the sale.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
4. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 13:51 mch

I hope the Community Choice voting ends up with Dishonored for $10. Haven't picked that up yet...

I'm not at all trying to sway your voting, btw

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
2. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 13:46 mch

It's like they know my pay schedule....  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 26, 2013, 13:59 mch

nin wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 09:55:

If you have an PSN ID, feel free to toss it - I only have complicity so far, and he never posts here any more...

PSN ID: CaseDesignate

Currently having trouble pulling myself away from The Last Of Us, though.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed
6. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 14:13 mch

Beamer wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 14:09:

TPBTP is the longest movie you'll ever see.
Which doesn't mean it's bad or uninteresting, quite the opposite. But it doesn't balance its tone well, so it's kind of turned to 11 on the emotional intensity for the entire film. You'll look at your watch, thinking 1.5 hours have passed, and be shocked to see only 45 minutes did.

Well acted, but draining.

I agree. Really good movie but it went places I didn't expect it to, and took its time getting there.

I absolutely welcome another Hotline Miami but why do I feel like they're gonna screw it up? I hope not.

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
37. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 14:10 mch

In before Snuggle Truck....dammit.

This would be great though, I really hope they come through with it. I've got a ton of games I'm not playing, not to mention the ones I haven't even found time to play

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
12. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 18, 2013, 10:16 mch

Finished it last night. One of the best games I've ever played, no question. The story, atmosphere and characters all felt so authentic. My save file says 19 hours, then I gave multiplayer a try.

I haven't sat down for a marathon gaming session like that one for a very, very long time. This game just got its claws into me and I couldn't stop.

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
3. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 17, 2013, 15:27 mch

I've been looking for a spot to rant about how great The Last of Us is, but haven't seen any reviews posted recently, so I didn't want to go off-topic. Somehow this game managed to sneak up on me (hadn't seen ANYTHING on it up until a few weeks ago).

I believe it was the Ars Technica review - where they normally give a Buy/Rent/Skip rating, and this time said "buy a PS3 if you don't already have one" - that convinced me to pick it up.

Absolutely amazing. I haven't had time to play many games and still have quite a few to finish so I wasn't sure about buying this one on release day...not a problem here. I couldn't get up from playing - goodbye weekend. I think I'm actually getting close to the end after putting nearly 20 hours into it this weekend.

Seriously, I've been recommending that anyone with a PS3 pick this up. It's absolutely amazing. I'd put it on my list of best games I've ever played.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad System Requirements
8. Re: Rise of the Triad System Requirements May 30, 2013, 10:12 mch

Mad Max RW wrote on May 29, 2013, 21:30:
In similar news Shadow Warrior Classic is free on Steam.

wooo thanks for the heads up. Whoooo wants some wang?

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 10:53 mch

InBlack wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:50:

I have never heard of Amanda Bynes prior to today. Does that make me ignorant?

Nope. I still have no idea who she is but I've seen her name everywhere the last few days. Must be doing something right(wrong).

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2013, 10:43 mch

PHJF wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:36:
Why is nobody talking about the Bluths?

I've only caught a couple so far and I am... not impressed. Like, at all.

Yesterday I would have agreed with you - I watched the first few over the weekend and wow, not so great (and holy shit lay off the botox Lindsay Bluth).

However, I stuck with it and it got better about halfway through the third episode. It's been enjoyable since then, so I'd recommend at least trying to get to the fourth or fifth episode.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
96. Re: Steam Top 10 May 28, 2013, 10:45 mch

Just my $0.02 but I picked up Dust after reading through these comments yesterday and I have to say I'm very happy I did so. Played it for a good part of the day yesterday and I can't really remember the last time I've sat down with a game for that long.

I also agree with Verno's comments on Don't Starve, for the most part. A bit grindy and difficult (the first game I played I couldn't find a boulder with gold for the whole 7-10 days I stayed alive).

Food seems a bit scarce and I in my current game I can't find any damn Beefalo but I realize you can tweak the spawn rate of these things. I'd like to play it successfully on the vanilla settings, but when I'm struggling to stay alive past 15 days due to just dumb luck and scarcity, my patience wears a bit thin.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2013, 09:09 mch

Hope your prescription hasn't changed too much!

Recently picked a new pair of glasses (have to lay off my contacts for a while) and woah has it been an adjustment. Not only is the shift from contacts to glasses always disorienting, but the new prescription is making things even crazier.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 09:05 mch

I'm sorry but this CNET piece really pissed me the hell off.

CNET: There seems to be some confusion here about the ability to resell Xbox One games, or reuse Xbox One games among other users.
Henshaw: Let me clear that up unequivocally. Xbox One will support the reselling and used game market for Xbox One games. We have not announced details about exactly how it's going to work, or how licenses are going to be exchanged. That's all coming up later in the year.

Boy, you really cleared that up 'unequivocally' huh? All arguments about second-hand sales aside, that type of bullshit really grinds my gears.

50. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 15:34 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:22:
They announced Kinet will be bundled with every console.
The eye into your home!

Xbox One is a definite, wait 1.5 years and then see.

And, the biggest thing that will make me NOT buy it: Confirmed, Xbox One is NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

/ha! A bunch of really bad info/bad press is coming out now that reveal is over, they are sharing a lot of stuff off camera. "Xbox One will not work unless Kinet is connected"

//"May have mandatory game installs"

I believe it definitely has mandatory game installs, and sounds like there's a fee for a second-hand game license.

It's not backwards compatible, but neither is the PS4. The bad news is that Sony suggested they'd try to work around the new architecture by streaming PS3 titles (still a bit up in the air). Microsoft sounds like they plan continue to sell the Xbox 360 so I doubt they plan to do the same.

All that said, after the RROD fiasco I sure hope a lot of people give it a nice 1.5 year wait time. Like they swore they would Rolleyes

572 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo