Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark Chisholm

Real Name Mark Chisholm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mch
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 25, 2008, 15:03
Total Comments 597 (Apprentice)
User ID 48734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2015, 10:13 mch

This is my favorite OotB ever.

edit: and it's not just because Blue wrote 'dong' instead of 'doing'

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
9. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 10:41 mch

"FIRST OF ALL..."
-assholes

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 30, 2015, 10:02 mch

Agreed. At first, I was thinking North was the voice actor who did Joel's voice, so obviously I couldn't understand what he meant by "what happened to his character"

Verno wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 10:00:
I would rather have a new story in that universe, I hope they don't revisit Joel and Elly.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2015, 11:54 mch

I'm looking forward to The Martian. I wasn't sure how well the book would translate to film, but it's looking good so far. Fingers crossed!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2015, 16:29 mch

Yeah, I was sorry to see the Rangers not make it, and that's coming from a Caps fan (still wish we had taken round 2 though). Lundqvist is a class act and I'd be happy to see him get his name on a cup.

Go Tampa, I guess.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
28. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 16:57 mch

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 16:48:

Loot messages are way too short as well.

Agreed! I was curious if there was an option to extend the time they're visible...but I haven't looked yet. I'm assuming not?

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2015, 09:40 mch

Mad Men SST: that was a brutal episode for Mother's Day.  

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
15. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 18, 2015, 14:43 mch

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 00:42:
The Gimp loves me. I don't know how many t-shirts I won but I won everything that is the original Postal.

T-shirts, the game, a strategy guide and a nice holiday poster that to this day adorns the door to my room.

I've got everybody's signature on it.

I have the EXACT same story. I got a signed poster, strategy guide etc. from them. I can't remember why they sent it to me but I used to have a lame Postal site when I was in high school. Don't judge me.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 12:08 mch

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:59:
Pillars owns bones, really enjoying it. Monk for my first play through was a bit weird at first but I get it now.

I also went Monk, and I'm not sure if I care for it, but it's not awful. I haven't patched yet (went GOG), I'm assuming the patch has gone through GOG's testing by now, does anyone know if lockpicking is still broken?

Hearing these things about the first patch makes me hesitant to beta test new patches, that's for sure.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2015, 10:16 mch

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 00:39:
What landlord even supports that nowadays? (Honest question.. is that a thing in the USA? Here you can not pay your rent with a check)

Yep, you can absolutely pay with a check. I choose to - I could pay online but the assholes charge me another $75 or so as a processing fee or something. Ridiculous.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Sony Compensating PlayStation Network Account Holders Jan 22, 2015, 15:03 mch

Yeah, I had to clarify this morning, since I already participated in the Welcome Back program.

Since I'm not a PS+ subscriber on PS3, that was really a no brainer for me. Get a few free games over the course of the free three month subscription.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 10:09 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:35:
Any bets on GTA5 pre orders today? Has to be today - 2 weeks away. Can't wait! I am pretty much done with Mordor, just messing with some of the harder cheevos - so my slate is clean.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they just announced a delay a few minutes ago - to March 24th.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: drops off Dec 23, 2014, 11:00 mch

comment from the article: "I blame the Steam Holiday Sale"

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 15:16 mch

RE: Ben Kuchera (going off previous comments, I realize he's not the author)

It's a shame, I actually enjoyed some of his reviews while he was at Ars. In particular, I remember his Demons Souls review which convinced me to pick it up years ago...I've loved the series since.

But yes, holy shit did he ever become an insufferable douche. Or sounds like he always was and I just started noticing. Polygon seems to be the perfect fit for him

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 10:10 mch

Happy birthday Blue! Thanks for everything you do.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 20, 2014, 11:18 mch

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 17:19:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 16:51:
Not sure why people use uber, we had a local guy pay $1100 for a $15 cab ride. What a complete idiot, did not even realize it was surge pricing.

I will take a cab any day in the week. At least I know what I am paying.

As to IOS MOBA, even the article says it works best on a ipad. The phone's screen is way too small for a game like that.

It's hard not to realize surge pricing. It gives you a big popup.

In any case, why use Uber? Because it's significantly easier and cheaper than taxis. In nicer cars. "Significantly" is an understatement.

There are large issues. Surge pricing is one of them. Liability is a much larger one. Corporate douchelords running the joint is another.

But the product is infinitely more convenient, better priced, and nicer than the competition.

Exactly. Here in DC it's almost impossible to find a cab that will take you out of the city (and I live under a mile across the DC line).

Often times, once you find one, they'll only take you if you pay them a certain amount. Then you can be sure that their credit card reader is malfunctioning, despite being required to have one.

Cabs can get fucked.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 10:27 mch

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 10:21:
Evey single one of those complaints by the city is laughable at best. As someone who worked downtown most of his life I can say I hate cabbies - at least in TO - with a white hot passion. Anything that provides competition - or puts them out of business - is a good thing. They're a fucking menace to society. Fuck them and the cab they drove in with.

I'm with you 100% here RE: cabs, but Uber is still making some absolutely boneheaded decisions lately.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 10:10 mch

Despite the absolutely horrible PR and business decisions Uber has committed (that nin linked), these injunctions have more to do with the taxi industry pushing back ($$) against new competition.

I saw it happen recently in Virginia and now it's also happening in Las Vegas (that's going to be a fun one) and apparently Toronto.

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
10. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 14, 2014, 11:54 mch

What a time to be alive.

Third trailer says it's multiplayer, but the Steam listing says only single player.

I'm uhhh...curious for a friend.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Tim Cook: Oct 30, 2014, 12:30 mch

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:25:
So now the whole world knows that you like dick, Tim. Who fucking cares. This is 2014. Being gay is about as revealing and controversial as having blonde hair.

Perhaps less interviews about your sexuality and more time spent leading innovation would help the company that you're CEO of stop being iterative and go back to being at least creative.

I'm pretty sure this isn't him coming out - he was accidentally outed a few months back during an interview if I remember correctly.

In other news, Samsung announces a new ad campaign "We Were Gay First!"

597 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo