Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for brian

Real Name brian   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname wallace321
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2008, 14:56
Total Comments 189 (Novice)
User ID 48560

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
5. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 15:03 wallace321

does this mean we can expect nudity? Zerglings gone wild? Hot terran on protoss action. sign me up!

This is probably just about the supposed addictive qualities of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Patch
1. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Patch Mar 3, 2010, 13:30 wallace321

Hmmm patch notes. Let's see here..

"Removes online requirement of DRM"?
"Fixes a bug where if you lose internet connectivity, game freezes"?

Nope. I guess I'll wait for the next patch.

News Comments > Worms Reloaded is Worms 2: Armageddon
4. Re: Worms Reloaded is Worms 2: Armageddon Feb 24, 2010, 12:17 wallace321

Oh nooo!! Well that explains it. This isn't a re-release of worms armageddon for the PC, it's the sequel to "Worms" on XBLA, thus the "2".

That makes me a saaaaad panda

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Uproar of the Day
31. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Uproar of the Day Oct 28, 2009, 15:36 wallace321

This is nothing. I saw an entire stadium of civilians blown up in The Sum of All Fears.

Shindler's List was pretty anti-civilian too. I watched. It doesn't make me a nazi.

This is no different. They're even allowing you to skip the scene, just like a movie. The only thing notable about this is that they're pussing out by giving you the option to skip it. You've never been able to skip a part of a game you didn't like before, that i know of (not counting cheat codes and game genies). You had to stomach through it no matter what if you wanted to get to the end. Movies, youve always had the ability to look away during the scary parts.

News Comments > EA Gets Steamier
3. Re: EA Gets Steamier Oct 6, 2009, 19:52 wallace321

Isn't Battlefield 2 $10 at retail and didn't the 1.5 patch include all of the expansion content (including Special Forces, Euro Forces, and Armored Fury) for free?

I realize bandwidth isn't free but this is a pretty hard sell for me considering the patch also removed the CD check (one of the biggest benefits of steam).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 4, 2009, 09:33 wallace321

People still say "dope"?  

News Comments > Consolidation
2. Re: GH5 DLC not compatible with WT Aug 23, 2009, 00:24 wallace321

agreed. this is pretty stupid. at least let them work in the following 2 or 3 games so you don't have to pop the old disc in to play the songs you paid a premium specifically to play. (at the rate activision is going, that should only be a year anyway)  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Magazine
4. Re: World of Warcraft Magazine Aug 20, 2009, 12:52 wallace321

Two Words:

Swimsuit Issue

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 13, 2009, 15:44 wallace321

The length of time I've had PS3 and not had to pay for multiplayer has more than made up for the additional expense of the console.

I have both PS3 and 360 now, but I still don't pay for x-box live. I like the x-box exclusive titles too much to not buy the system now that the saphire chipset is out (which affected my decision more than anything else).

Whoops, i think i meant Jasper chipset.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2009, 15:45.

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
48. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 17:13 wallace321

About what I expected. I already own all the games in that list that I am interested in. Were this for GOG, where all the DRM would have been removed, I might have bought 1 or 2 again just for that. As it is, it's still good news for anyone who has missed some of those.

(Republic Commando was actually much better than I thought it would be and would be worth 5 or 10 bucks.)

Seconded!! These titles are really more suited for GOG. I think I'll wait for a GOG release (unless they're $1.99 each for the old adventure games).

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
40. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 15:48 wallace321

I agree this is great news! But this announcment brings up more quesions! How much is this going to cost? Will they run on a modern x64 OS? Will they fix multiplayer for games that have it? What other games are coming?

personally, I'm hoping for the X-Wing and Tie fighter special editions that were released in the X-Wing vs Tie fighter engine, so they didn't look SOOOO dated, just dated.

What about Loom though? Does anybody remember it? I got it when it came with a Creative Labs CD-ROM kit. I remember playing, getting patterns, but no clue how it ended. The main character's voice sounded a little like Yahtzee, as I remember it.

News Comments > 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam
10. Re: 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam Jul 2, 2009, 22:07 wallace321

I too already have most of these.

I think we owe it to our casual gaming friends (even those who may not be into games enough to have steam) to tell them this is one of the best $54 they will ever spend in gaming.

I think that might be part of their devious plot

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed
39. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed Jun 29, 2009, 17:32 wallace321

I can also see this be an patch somewhere down the road.

I'm going to assume what is in the box is what we get. Ask the Left4Dead fans what happens when you buy a game based on the promise/hope for free added content.

Blizzard has been very good to fans. If this really is an anti piracy measure, then yes, I hope it will one day be added like disc checks were removed from their older games. It's not like anybody is asking for IPX/SPX support here ffs!

News Comments > No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed
27. Re: No StarCraft II LAN Confirmed Jun 29, 2009, 16:39 wallace321

Another casualty in the war on piracy.

I really don't care about ladder play, or stats, or friends lists. When my buddies and I are in the same room, we just want to play.

Now we need N times the upsteam bandwidth to do it.

No more playing at the library or at work or at starbucks or on a plane.

The PC will soon be a console.

Another thing I will miss? It's just being able to pick your own bloody name. "Yes, that's me, and 'David' and 'Rob' are my allies." Not any more. You'll have to use some gay registered handle to play over the LAN with your buddies. And passwords to go with them. Great... Same thing happened with company of heroes.

I'd rather just have with activation limits. I long for the days of activation limits. At least those could be carefullly rationed. Except with Red Alert 3 where you had both activation limits AND the online only coop campaign. (which has since been hacked for local play, haven't tested it out yet myself though)

News Comments > Weekend Sales
5. Re: Weekend Sales Jun 26, 2009, 20:53 wallace321

Could a fan of HoMM1, 2, or 3 please comment on HoMM 5? I remember not liking 4 very much AT ALL even though I loved the first 3 games in the series.

And what's the deal with Dark Messiah? It looks like Oblivion with older tech.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Shipped & Patched
1. Re: Blood Bowl Shipped & Patched Jun 26, 2009, 11:36 wallace321

Not really sure about this form of online distribution... Is it activation based?

I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of local multiplayer or even LAN play. Isn't that the supposed staple of console sports games? Sitting there with your buddies on the same couch? LAN parties are kinda the PC equilivent not counting the media center PC, which isn't that outrageous these days since HDTVs all have HDMI/DVI anyway.

No idea how Blood Bowl plays though, maybe it's even like an RTS. Can't see that being done same screen and I could understand that. But it does say that there is a turn based mode, so at least that should be playable locally.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patch Next Week
3. Re: Left 4 Dead Patch Next Week Jun 20, 2009, 17:35 wallace321

all the haters should be ashamed of themselves. Valve has a earned a certain amount of respect with the quality of their releases and you should just CTFD and see what their plan is before dumping them like a cheap date.

seriously, they release Orange Box and after that everybody expects free BJs and Beer with their games?

It's going to be a fullblown sequel. Payup you bloody cheapskates!

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch Notes
31. Re: Company of Heroes Patch Notes Jun 10, 2009, 12:42 wallace321

Ugh, you made me do it. "last word"

Do you fail to see the irony in calling someone else a "last word" freak immediately followed by telling them to grow up? Think about it.

Now, go ahead and say whatever you think you need to. I'm done with this. You aren't even talking about the game anymore.

29. Re: Company of Heroes Patch Notes Jun 10, 2009, 11:52 wallace321

you mean my live journal of correcting your dumbass reading mistakes and lies, if they were intentional. i guess we'll never know  

27. Re: Company of Heroes Patch Notes Jun 10, 2009, 11:31 wallace321

I doubt anyone even knows what you were asking anymore, you've been so back and forth

I'm not ASKING anything. I'm telling you, or "Commenting" if you prefer. IMHO, online check-in to a big brother server to play single player is BS. "offline mode" wasn't even my initial problem. I've been back and forth addressing other people's mistakes and nonsense. but i addressed all of it, even the crap people made up that was not related to my initial comment that 'online check-in for single player is BS'.

My initial PROBLEM and wish for the patch was removal of the internet access requirement to play single player. Remember when Mass Effect was going to require internet check-ins? And how outraged people were? This is the same thing except in this game they only lock off 66% of the game, the single player component and local multiplay that has no business requiring 'permission' from relic to play.

So you can play offline, steam or retail, but you still need to register with relic and if those servers go offline, eventually the game is unplayable at all. Right? THAT is the concern and the issue with the relic login.

I added that it was the "relic login" component that prevented someone who owns both CoH and OF against eachother IFF they're linked to the same relic account. it was then carified that can be avoided by RE REGISTERING the keys to 2 different accounts. Thanks to whoever said that. Very good to know.

It is of course a situation that could be avoided if only a disc check was used! Just like the old days? Yeah. And that was my point from the very beginning. The online part of the requirment is unnecessary and I wish it would be removed.

And then someone freaked out about what a "stand alone' expansion is. There was confusion about that because i was saying that once you linked the KEY of one game to a relic account that had the KEY of another you can no longer start them at the same time, (because you can't log into relic more than once!) and thus they are not "stand alone"! The fact that you can re-register the keys to seperate account fixes that. Problem solved! I have no idea where he got the idea i was trying to do anything but play both games "seperately". The "bunch of friends' thing was really offensive because I DO pay for ALL my games. Every copy.

We said Company of Heroes Steam/Direct2Drive cannot be used without account functionality if you are offline.

You need to work on your communications skills. This is how this all got started down this confused road.
"Account" - do you mean steam account or relic account?
"offline" - do you mean when Steam is offline, Relic's "offline" or simply being disconnected from the internet?

This became this big mess because of miscommunications like this. If I relized where you were confused, I tried to clarify. And I get nothing but crap for it.

I'm not the jackass who can't communicate with other human beings

see above.

Your bullshit in this thread has been so confused and hilarious it strains the mind

if you can't admit that you were mistaken about a few things as well, then also, see above.

You want three people able to play the same game you only paid for once? Go buy another 2 copies.

this was an epic misunderstanding but I don't apoligize for your misunderstanding unless you can show me where you were confused. playing a bunch of friends with a single copy? REALLY? i never said anything even remotely close to this. i tried to clear things up so there's no bad blood but you made no such admission. see above.

Stop acting so holier than though. You really sound that way when you accuse someone of being a pirate who actually owns 6 copies of the game and just has a gripe with a little useless DRM. (and yes, it's useless. Look up CoH on bit torrent. that DRM that annoys me doesnt seem to be stopping anybody)

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 11:34.

189 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo