Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for finger

Real Name finger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname finga
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2008, 01:40
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 48490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion
29. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 17, 2012, 04:19 finga

LittleMe wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 03:30:
eunichron wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 21:46:
I have an EVGA GTX 680 and in terms of noise it is about the same as the 5870 that it replaced.

Sounds like an air flow issue. My EVGA GTX680 is a lot quieter than my ATI 5870. I have my case open and that drops temps significantly.

Weren't there a few 5870s out there, some of which had bigger/quieter coolers than others?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
30. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 17, 2012, 04:18 finga

I just don't understand how people grow up thinking that it's OK to do things like this to people just like them - indie developers trying to make it in the world of big bad publishers - and are still able to sleep at night. Their parents didn't raise them right, and for some reason, other people earlier in their lives didn't call them on their bullshit and stop them from getting to where they are now. You see this kind of thing so often in US litigation.  

19. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 22:53 finga

As far as noise and efficiency goes, that's one place the 660 is doing very well. I like that some of these cards are straight-up launching with aftermarket coolers bolted on. Check out This fan noise result on the overclocked MSI card.  

18. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 22:49 finga

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 21:35:
The graphics in Borderland 2 looks very similar to Borderland 1 and that wasn't a very graphics demanding game anyways so I am sure I will be alright with just a single 570 to run physx, and graphics at max, but we will see how well they do the port.
On a 570? You're golden. Unless you try do some crazy three-monitor shit or force 16x antialiasing or something, the 570 is more than enough. I've already seen BL2 running at 1080p 40+fps (probably closer to 60fps) on those slim Alienware X51 PCs, which have much weaker GPUs in them than the 570.

5. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 21:14 finga

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 20:38:
That Physx video looks pretty cool, but I am curious if those effects are going to be available on all Nvidia GTX cards or are they exclusive to the GTX 6 series
They've never done anything like that. In all likelihood, it'll run on any Nvidia card that supports PhysX. Whether you'd actually want to give up what is likely the substantial cost in frame rates to get this eye candy is another thing.

News Comments > EA Exploring Sale?
4. Re: EA Exploring Sale? Aug 16, 2012, 21:12 finga

dheer wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 20:40:
EA can shampoo my crotch.
Careful what you wish for. They'll charge you extra to rinse the shampoo out.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
29. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 18:58 finga

NOPE nope nope nope NOPE

*nope's the fuck on out of here*

News Comments > Dishonored PC Specs
24. Re: Dishonored PC Specs Aug 15, 2012, 03:14 finga

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 16:59:
Wow, my card doesn't make min specs for this and it's only 2 years old? This game must be an absolute pig to run.
There are plenty of two-year-old video cards that can run this game. Next time spend more than $100 on a card if you are expecting it to be current for two years. Hell, the Radeon 5850 was released almost three years ago.

News Comments > Dishonored PC Specs
23. Re: Dishonored PC Specs Aug 15, 2012, 03:10 finga

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 02:09:
Recommended proc is below minimum proc. Whatcha talk'n bout Willis?
Look closer. Dual vs. Quad core.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline
10. Re: U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline Aug 10, 2012, 01:07 finga

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 00:29:
Let's not forget that in addition to everything Ray's mentioned (amazes me how the enthusiast press seems to completely forget there's still a massive recession on, particularly so in Europe), July is normally one of the slowest months of the year and almost nothing came out. I remember when this used to be the Summer doldrums but now it's all DOOOOOOM from the enthusiast press. Ridiculous.
Admittedly, the news was basically the same for Q4 2011. Even during the big months, year-over-year retail sales have been falling.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline
9. Re: U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline Aug 10, 2012, 01:06 finga

Yeah, this wouldn't have anything to do with current-gen consoles becoming stale after six or seven years, nor does it have anything to do with stagnation in game design or that entertainment products are often the first things to get cut in a tighter family budget. It's all about those commie pinko gubmint types and your freedoms!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 9, 2012, 06:23 finga

If "information" is singular, "data" is singular.  

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
13. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 17:21 finga

Bumpy wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 16:00:
Was interested till I read this.

>I would also make it work on all platforms, and not just PC.

Do NOT need or want another compromised PC game due to multi-platform design.
You apparently weren't even reading very closely up until that point.

News Comments > The Political Machine 2012 Released
3. Re: The Political Machine 2012 Released Aug 1, 2012, 00:06 finga

AnointedSword wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:32:
I will play Obama!

What I say: I support our troops!

What I do: gut the military (look at what say, rather than what I do!)

OBama, 2012!

Paid for by: the left wing media and drones that would believe anything that people say.

Which is generally not what he did (see: general DOD/Pentagon budget increases during Obama administration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:InflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG ), but the interesting thing here is that you can't even do this in the game itself. Everyone is considered a candidate and no one is an incumbent who gets to run on their record as president or do things as president that could affect their polling/election outcome.

News Comments > INVERSION on Steam
5. Re: INVERSION on Steam Jul 28, 2012, 00:27 finga

Namco pretty much buried this release on console last month with almost no promotion or advertising; I can't imagine that this release is much more impressive.  

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
29. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 20:33 finga

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 18:29:
There's nothing ironic. I can be angry and hostile but I'm not a snide, condescending asshole who thinks he's smarter and cooler than everyone else. And yeah, sometimes some people really do just need a good asskicking to come down to what the rest of us call reality.
Actually, what you say you're not is exactly how you're coming across as.

I also like the way you're siding with obvious and proven patent trolls over a guy making PC games with no DRM and who, despite being a self-made multimillionaire, sits down and makes games with the rest of his team (who he treats very well, financially and as people) rather than up in some office directing people.

Sounds like you're a bit jealous and you're lashing out at the kind of person you secretly want to be.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Development Complete
35. Re: Borderlands 2 Development Complete Jul 21, 2012, 03:21 finga

ochentay4 wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 18:37:
Of course, you talk shit you dont know. Look at the official POSTER:
http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/img/premiere-club-v2.jpg
RTFA. The thing in the gray box is the message from Gearbox, and it says 60-90 days. The thing you linked as your proof says "as soon as she's available".

The worst part is that Gearbox tried to be as perfectly clear about this as possible and some of you guys are still getting it wrong.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Development Complete
34. Re: Borderlands 2 Development Complete Jul 21, 2012, 03:19 finga

Icewind wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 19:30:
As much as I want the game I do have to admit this is really slimy of Gearbox. Clearly this is on disc locked content that was purposefully cut out of the game.

Welcome to the new normal in PC gaming folks.
Even when they go out of their way to tell you it's not, it is, huh?

This is getting released 2-3 months after the original game.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Screenshot
23. Re: Wasteland 2 Screenshot Jul 21, 2012, 03:17 finga

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 20:25:
If you guys want to see what the Unity engine can do check out City of Steam.
And not really the same genre, but the Battlestar Galactica free-to-play MMORPG runs on Unity. Sure, it's easy to shit on MMOs or free games (but not BSG; I'll fuckin' cut you), but the engine itself is pretty solid. Plenty for an indie game.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Campaign 58 Hours Jul 20, 2012, 03:00 finga

jimnms wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 13:13:
That seems short compared to the first game. I played it with a couple of friends, and Steam says I put 135 hours on it. That was the base game and all DLC.
It's not short compared to the first game. You can go through the original Borderlands campaign (no DLC, just one playthrough) doing all side missions in something like 30 hours. Max level can happen naturally in probably 50ish hours if you're smart about running the armory at the end of playthrough 1 for good weapons going into playthrough 2, then run selectively through only some DLC in PT2.

Not sure what all time your Steam profile said you put into it, but it should be noted that Steam doesn't monitor what you're actually doing in-game. You could have idled at the title screen all night and it'd add that time in, too.

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo