Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for finger

Real Name finger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname finga
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2008, 01:40
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 48490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Specs
14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Specs May 4, 2011, 22:32 finga

JayDeath wrote on May 4, 2011, 13:55:
I was excited about this one until I saw the gameplay footage and the switch to 3rd person behind walls and obstacles. Super weak. I want to play a DX FPS, not ME2 again.
Then don't use the cover system. This is not a cover shooter.

Of course, you might get really angry every time the game switches perspectives when you climb a ladder. Maybe the game should ship with some Ativan for people with Asperger's. :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 4, 2011, 22:29 finga

The lowest common denominator is not looking for more simplicity. They're looking for more accessibility, and the best developers bring both complexity and accessibility. Dragon Age 2 timing and missteps aside, BioWare has done pretty well at that over the last decade-plus.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 4, 2011, 21:09 finga

Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2011, 20:20:
So which is it:

A. Delayed to make it more appealing to the LCD.
B. Delayed to make it more appealing to (hardcore) gamers.
If the aim is to make a better game, then why can't it be both?

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Announced
20. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Announced Apr 29, 2011, 17:55 finga

Rilcon wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 17:11:
There's an MS rule where you can't offer something for free on one console and charge for it on the 360.
You sure? As Valve explained it with a piece of Left 4 Dead DLC, they wanted to release it for free on all platforms, but Microsoft wouldn't let them, so the PC (and PS3?) versions were free, while the 360 version of that DLC cost money. I believe it was $7. Admittedly, it's been a couple of years since then, so maybe things have changed.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 04:53 finga

Bhruic wrote on Apr 17, 2011, 03:44:
It looks like you can take WAY to many shots, should be 1-3 shots DEAD, that dude seem to be indestructible.

Yeah, I'm hoping that was done deliberately for the demo - ie, they made him unkillable just to show things off. If you can actually take that much fire in the game without dying, well, that'll be extremely disappointing.

Although as someone said, they are bound to have hardcore mode.

Yeah, these games almost always have a high difficulty mode for those who want it. What sucks is seeing people complain that a game is too easy, then admitting they didn't even touch the difficulty. I've got a couple of friends who bitched to no end about how boring and easy Mass Effect 2's combat was, when all they played on was Normal. And because they had such an apparently awful time with it, they refuse to go back and give it a shot on higher difficulty. I guess a twenty-minute reinstall in the background IS a lot of work...

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Delay
14. Re: Dungeon Siege III Delay Apr 8, 2011, 08:18 finga

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 8, 2011, 07:24:
With the exception of Arcanum and Vampire Bloodlines, the rest of the games were easily playable out of the box.
Obsidian games unplayable out of the box:

13. Re: Dungeon Siege III Delay Apr 8, 2011, 08:17 finga

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 22:53:
Yeah, Kotor 2, NWN 2, Alpha Protocol, Fallout New Vegas. Yeah they NEVER get enough time to polish games. I won't even mention the extra year Alpha Protocol got.

The ones that went unfinished (KOTOR2 & Alpha Protocol) were great games that suffered. The ones that were mostly finished (NWN2 & New Vegas, at least on PC) were just-plain great.

Alpha Protocol's development was just plain fucked up, and Sega didn't make it any better (big surprise there, Sega has the reverse Midas touch).

1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Delay Apr 7, 2011, 22:19 finga

Good. Obsidian is one of those studios that really needs extra polishing time, and they usually don't get it.  

News Comments > 15 Hours of RAGE?
6. Re: 15 Hours of RAGE? Apr 6, 2011, 23:23 finga

ID SAYS THEIR FPS IS 3X AS LONG AS MOST COMING OUT TODAY

BLUES NEWS COMMENTERS BITCH ANYWAY

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch
9. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Patch Apr 4, 2011, 06:07 finga

Maybe it was patched in?

What surprised me was seeing posts from so many players that were actually upset by a lack of manual transmission in a nearly pure arcade racing game. What the hell were you expecting, people, and could you not wait the four months for Shift 2 to come out? (Or just keep playing iRacing or whatever)

And if you're going to have such exacting requirements that you can't set aside your sperglord need for manual to try and have at least *some fun* in a game you spent good money on, why the hell wouldn't you look up, you know, other people's opinions or trip reports on the game? Why would you expect manual from the guys that developed BURNOUT?

These are the people screaming the loudest on our forums, too: PC gamers with arbitrary needs, bitching and complaining more than they are laughing and enjoying, spending their money before doing any research then vowing to never spend their money again on the same thing - then, presumably, doing it again.

News Comments > Skyrim Interview
4. Re: Skyrim interview Apr 1, 2011, 01:23 finga

Jerykk wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 00:30:
I hope Skyrim has much better balancing than Bethesda's previous games. The fact that you get a perk every level already seems overpowered. It was definitely overpowered in Fallout 3, where I quickly reached the point where I had all the perks I wanted and just chose the rest at random. At the very least, there should be skill and/or attribute prerequisites, ala New Vegas.

Still, I look forward to exploring a huge, detailed world with tons of things to do. That's always been Bethesda's strength.
I do agree with making some serious prerequisites for some perks, but giving people a perk every other level is kind of annoying. When I was playing New Vegas, I remember being disappointed whenever I would Ding and it *wasn't* a perk level. When you make perks such an amusing and interesting part of building your character, then blocking access to that system 50% of the time is kind of frustrating.

I say pile on the perks and just balance the enemies accordingly. Then again, Elder Scrolls has already been too easy for years now...

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Plans
20. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Plans Mar 27, 2011, 10:44 finga

yuastnav wrote on Mar 27, 2011, 09:59:
finga wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 18:56:
[...] (Hint: don't use a Euro-format date on a primarily-American message board )[...]

Don't use a format that makes sense. Use one that doesn't make sense. Got it!

People should seriously consider using ISO 8601, though.
Or just go long-form so that there's no confusion.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 26, 2011, 19:01 finga

Hah! Those who buy the HD stream get NOTHING!!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Plans
10. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Plans Mar 26, 2011, 18:56 finga

peteham wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 18:37:
Kedyn wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 18:06:
Either way, it'll probably come out before George R. R. Martin finishes the next book.
He's actually set a date now, believe it or not. 12.07.2011. See http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

I still won't believe it until I see it
For those who don't click, it's important to point out that the date is the 12th of July, not the 7th of December. (Hint: don't use a Euro-format date on a primarily-American message board )

As an aside, this is the first time he has ever announced a precise date for this book, so he must actually believe he can make it.

News Comments > Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC
14. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 16:31 finga

DangerDog wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 15:00:
Oh please, another "we'll see" comment about mod tools from a developer.
Same thing happened with Fallout 3. Mod tools came out within days of release, I believe. Maybe the day of; I forget.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Mar 25, 2011, 16:05 finga

Rockn-Roll wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 13:03:
To be completely honest the way the AI characters move and the movement of the controls it looks like games made for consoles in the late 90's.
You think that now. Wait until you see Duke Nukem Forever.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles
21. Re: Battlefield 3 Scales Down Maps for Consoles Mar 25, 2011, 02:33 finga

entr0py wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 00:26:
The problem isn't the consoles, it's the peer-to-peer multiplayer that has become absolutely standard on them. That is why the player limit on consoles is 24. And that low player limit is why the maps have to be small; 24 players could barely find each other on a large map.

A new generation of consoles won't fix that, only a new business model. But Microsoft isn't bloody likely to offer one as long as they can get away with collecting a monthly fee for providing a simple match-making service.

But why hasn't the PS3 had FPS games that use dedicated servers? Well, publishers aren't eager to pay for enough dedicated servers either, especially if they're not getting a monthly subscription. It's the huge number of privately run servers that make the dedicated server model work on the PC.

There have been at least four PS3 FPS games I can think of, all with dedicated servers and 32 or more players. Resistance 1 & 2, MAG, and Homefront.

(Of course, this focus on hard player counts as a linear measure of how "legit" your game is, well, it's kind of ridiculous. Especially when you realize that even a 64-player game can feel empty if the developers design the objectives so as to distribute players evenly across the map. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars felt jam-packed with action since it funneled people into one or two points of contention at all times.)

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution
18. Re: On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution Mar 24, 2011, 00:45 finga

space captain wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 23:33:
finga wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 22:49:
And a question of whether PC gamers have echo-chambered themselves into such a fanboy frenzy so as to make them completely unable to enjoy an otherwise damn good game if it doesn't perfectly conform to their exacting standards.

no need to lash out to satisfy your hurt little feelings

ive been playing ps3 all day i got no beef with consoles

fanboys are the ones that make it a "go team!" issue, where they have to be on the winning side.. so keep that glass house nice and polished

Trap sprung.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 23, 2011, 22:59 finga

For once, I agree with Pachter. There are MILLIONS (not an exaggeration) of teenagers sitting at home, playing various Call of Duty games on their 360s and PS3s, and Battlefield 3 is going to have a very hard time subverting/converting that massive fanbase.

They're going to try, though. Battlefield 3 looks to have none of the sense of humor that made the Bad Company games unique.

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution
11. Re: On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution Mar 23, 2011, 22:51 finga

Overall, I'm not really concerned about this as long as these PC-specific port teams do a solid job on coding and optimization, and those were all good ports, making the PC versions of those games the best versions you could get.

Demiurge's port of ME1 to PC worked great, too. (ME2, well, close.)

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo