Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for finger

Real Name finger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname finga
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2008, 01:40
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 48490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
7. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 19, 2013, 22:59 finga

Where were these quality standards when Rogue Warrior was in development? Or Brink? Or WET?

Or did the failure of those games lead to these standards?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
24. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 23:25 finga

w00tie wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:11:
Closed Betas wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 22:57:
heh just tried to play BF3, omg gaming is so lost... i swear i felt like i was engaged wiht a bunch of babies with hacks... fucking COD killed the entire competitive gaming arena... we are in serious need of a holocaust
Well we could always hope the new Wolfenstein is more RtCW than Wolfenstein...but it's doubtful.
Well shit, that's really all we have going for us isn't it?
New Rise of the Triad, maybe. If it's not shitty. It's at least old school.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
10. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 11:38 finga

Something doesn't seem right about this. Not launching in 2014? But coming to PS3 and 360? Either Bethesda has very little faith in the success of the next-gen consoles or they're making the very dubious decision to use the same reworked GameBryo engine used in Skyrim as the basis for the game. And doing that 15 months or longer into the next-gen cycle just seems like a terrible decision.

I think it's likely instead that one of these details is instead inaccurate. I think that either the game's coming earlier than 2015 or PS3/360 isn't happening.

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
6. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 10:32 finga

The Win8 thing is almost surely due to a bug in the current alpha. There's no way the final game won't support it.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
50. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 04:33 finga

Telling the privileged that they've gotta stop enforcing and so blatantly enjoying it to the detriment of others ... well, it rarely goes well. They don't even know the privilege exists because they've never experienced life without it.

Even just recognizing that this happens, for some, is a hard lesson to learn that comes from being messily forced to see a new perspective. And not all people get that kind of shake-up - or at least, not until it's too late.

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
7. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 22:04 finga

I kind of doubt mod support would significantly harm DLC sales at all. What mod support *would* do is force EA/DICE to relinquish control of servers, something that EA makes use of in BF3 right now for money. I think that's the real reason.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 Jun 13, 2013, 16:54 finga

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 11:36:
It looks more like a sim..lol. That's not a bad thing though, just different.
It's pretty much entirely a sim. Sucks that it's the only new boxing game going around right now...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
43. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 12:18 finga

Darks wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:48:
It is sad, but I think this goes a lot deeper than that. It really coming down to people being told what to do and what they canít do.
Yep. Sony picked up on the notion that gamers want freedom. It's not just a part of playing - it's a part of buying. Games are very often about choosing to follow rules or break them. And when you're being told that these are the rules and there are literally pages of rules about how and when you can play them, in some ways it's not even about whether you already "follow" those rules. It's having all of these rules forced on you and spelled out that makes people want to walk away.

I do think that at least some games on PS4 will eventually have some kind of used game blocking. I bet that publishers will eventually simply make what was an "online pass" key an offline and online pass - the way to play entirely - but the point is that for now, the Xbox One is the only system to make that a core part of the system entirely. What's the difference? Well, for now you can vote with your wallet: system-level DRM or none at all.

Or stick with PC and not be a part of it at all, which is perfectly acceptable too.

42. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 12:12 finga

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:35:
Sony is still&#65279; being evasive. Everything they stated was about them. They didn't say if publishers would permit trades/resales. So their policy is the same as the Failbox until they specify otherwise. And ok so I don't have to go online once every 24 hours to check in with big brother, what about every 25 hours? What if I never want to connect it to the internet at all? Seems that Sony snuck in that you now need a PS+ subscription for online play. So what else aren't they saying?
They couldn't be any clearer about what the system allows (which is all they can directly decide on - their system and their games - and stay in business with publishers) and yet still it's murky to you. The problem is yours now, now theirs.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Box Not Empty
1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Box Not Empty May 31, 2013, 10:47 finga

No idea what a cloth map in this would have. It's not exactly Ultima.  

53. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 14:16 finga

Creston wrote on May 22, 2013, 13:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 22, 2013, 13:26:
Did they actually confirm the amount (if any) that a person have to pay for a second hand game if he/she wants to activate it?

Phil Harrison confirmed that the second user simply pays full price.

Creston
You mean, Microsoft's VP of Doesn't-Know-Tech-Shit-At-All? He said a lot of things over the last day that have been contradicted by others at MS. I imagine that the price paid can be set or at least influenced by the publisher, with MS setting some kind of minimum.

Making it full price, the One might as well just shred the disc as soon as the install's complete. They'll still make a good chunk of change, but the better business is actually in simply taking a bigger bite, not the whole pie.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
20. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 18:00 finga

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 14:48:
And yeah, zero interest in the Franklin gangbanger shite. The only people interested in that are the 14 year old wiggers out there.
Because the only fictional crime in pop culture that's worth anything is white people crime, right?

And yeah, you're right. San Andreas was just an awful failure for Rockstar. Riiiight.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:55 finga

CrimsonPaw wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 17:33:
I'm not opposed to Franklin's story, from what I can tell it's more about getting OUT of being gangsta'.
Yeah, but this is every GTA protagonist with a speaking role other than Tommy Vercetti, who was pretty much a shameless psychopath. You know the type: the nice guy with the mean streak that's trying to get out of the life of crime, yeah? The problem is that the game dictates that you kill multiple people in most missions (usually winding up involving innocents, law enforcement, AND thugs/henchmen) which really doesn't hold up well against what we see in the cutscenes from these characters.

We need more Tommy Vercettis in GTA. Or less constant killing people. I think at this point, the former seems more likely to happen than the latter. ... Or neither happens and we continue the decades-long trend of AAA game protagonists killing hundreds or thousands of people on the way to the conclusion, no matter how little sense it makes for storytelling. Which... yep, that'll probably be what happens.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2013, 18:03.

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
13. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 09:41 finga

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 09:10:
That was really the lamest excuse, as if they're bankrupting themselves on crazy server setups to "save" you the minor computational resources that you could easily do for your own regions.
I'm a little doubtful that a gaming PC setup as a server could simulate and manage the whole region (and not just one city) at once, or at least, not without the player having to make difficult tradeoffs regarding region size and CPU/RAM. What if you're playing on a laptop? What if your computer is barely capable of playing The Sims 3, something I'm sure EA insisted on?

Maybe it'd work some kind of dedicated server model... oh wait, that's what EA actually built. Just run entirely on their own, is all.

We can insist on a single player/offline-only game, but it won't have all the features that Maxis built. Whether you need them or not is one thing, but let's not pretend that everything would still be there without Maxis' servers.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
30. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 23:04 finga

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this comment was pulled out of context. Whether the two sentences were consecutive or not, I don't think there was intended to be that close of a connection between them.

PC gamers have a hard time relaxing, though.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 18, 2013, 20:28 finga

That's not really bad news, is it? No other game has had interoperable DLC, working in multiple games, that ran every week for five years straight. I'd call it the end of a success story, really.  

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
12. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 14, 2013, 08:55 finga

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 04:29:
I have a problem, because I'd much rather see it go into improving or expanding minecraft. Maybe doing minecraft 2. He's got his own company, why not re-invest more into that?
The community already did expand Minecraft much further than I think Mojang ever would have. It's called Feed the Beast, and it's definitely not for everyone. Minecraft is bottled lightning and heaping more stuff onto it wouldn't necessarily improve it.

Mojang is not feeling the burning need to turn their success into a big corporate games-making machine, and whether people like their games or not, that's a rare thing. They *are* working on two games, but they're obviously super-intent on doing things their way. Throwing money at the solutions that Mojang is looking for... won't really fix those problems.

It's like suggesting that money is the only thing Valve needed to make Half-Life 3. Well, Valve could spend ungodly amounts of money on that game if they wanted to; maybe they've already done that and found it's not solving their development problems. This isn't the kind of business where loads of capital necessarily make a great game, especially when we're talking about indie games. There's an element of finesse to some kinds of game development that brute force wads of cash won't make happen.

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
6. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 14, 2013, 00:06 finga

Dev wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 21:47:
Notch:
There's other things to do with your money than randomly backing (or refusing to back) other games.
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

If he wants to invest in games rather than in a stock market or in buying lavish crap, then why do you have a problem?

You think he randomly chose this? Read the post again. It wasn't random.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Omerta - City of Gangsters Feb 12, 2013, 20:20 finga

This has been out since January 31st on Steam.  

News Comments > New Wildman Video; Tiers
2. Re: New Wildman Video; Tiers Jan 27, 2013, 16:24 finga

Yeah, I doubt it as well. It seems to have really stalled at the $300k mark and is only barely trickling in. I was excited for this game and did pledge enough to get a copy, but it might be for the best at this point if it doesn't make it.  

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo