Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for finger

Real Name finger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname finga
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2008, 01:40
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 48490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3
14. Re: Gone Gold - Mass Effect 3 Feb 13, 2012, 10:49 finga

Not happy about Origin or the stereotypical low-wall 3PS combat. In it for the story, the attitudes, the characters, the universe, the biotic abilities, the tech abilities, years of building a Shepard that does things the way I want them, and I enjoy the smart way to advance an action game with RPG elements.

The good outweighs the bad.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2012, 13:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Group Seeks Communication
19. Re: Steam Group Seeks Communication Jan 12, 2012, 08:44 finga

Talk about a first world problem.  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers
10. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 18:44 finga

bozu wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 18:37:
There are certainly times when drivers are buggy and need fixed, but these minor revisions are just there to help their position on the charts. To be fair, though, I owned a Voodoo Rush, so I'm pretty happy with driver quality these days
Hi, before you make posts like this, you should probably learn the first thing about Crossfire, the failures this tech has had with the lack of driver updates in the newest games, or the concerns of those who have spent the money to double down (literally) on AMD technology.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
49. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 finga

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 09:17:
How about the fact that there are something like 15 total voice actors?
Actually, that's about how many were in Oblivion. Skyrim has over 70, and I can definitely tell the difference.

News Comments > Skyrim Versus ThreatFire
32. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Nov 14, 2011, 05:33 finga

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 19:50:
Beelzebud wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 18:38:
Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would be using anything other than Security Essentials at this point. It's free, and it has an extremely light memory footprint.

"It's free" is your first clue that it should be avoided. Anyone who uses a program simply because it is free, needs their head examined.
Stay away.
Look at this noob who bought his web browser.

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
34. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 09:53 finga

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 00:12:
Yes, the game is nice to look at but it's not what true CRPG fans want.
Speak for yourself, buddy. I'm a huge fan of CRPGs over the last 20 years and this is precisely what I want.

Cue the "No True Scotsman" fallacy in 3... 2...

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
11. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 8, 2011, 00:10 finga

wtf_man wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:39:
They're making a new "RPG"... without character creation... without dialog choices... without experience points... without skills... without leveling... without magic... without melee... without quests... without story... must be purchased on Origin... AND most importantly... can't use a keyboard and mouse (must use gamepad to mash the "A-Button-Does-Something-Awesome" )

... And it's going to be called... "Mass Age of Defective Dragons 13: Not Another console Sequel... Really!"

Oh... and you get 1 hour of Game for $60... and have to buy 35 different DLC's at $29 a pop, that are about 20 minutes of add-on, before you get a full game.
someone's gettin' mad at video games.

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
41. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 08:23 finga

Sepharo wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 03:01:
Kastagir wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 02:32:
I just hope I don't see "saving content - please don't turn off your system" ANYWHERE on the PC version.

This is in BF3 and it is quite the PC game.
Yeah, it's not necessarily a given that a game that has this is a bad port. Same thing with "Press Start/Enter to Begin" - in fact, I wish it was there on the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because the console versions had a fucking awesome-looking Press Start screen with a stylized, animated render of Adam Jensen's face made out of triangles... and it was removed entirely from the PC version, all because some gamers get irrationally angry at a Press Enter to Begin screen.

But RAGE's several-seconds-long "Saving Content" that follows the "Press Enter to Begin" screen? Fuck that shit. What exactly are you saving? I only just started the fucking game!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 24, 2011, 00:41 finga

Krovven wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 17:51:
No animations getting into/out of vehicles.
Small thing - they had these animations, and they got sick of seeing them after the fifth or sixth time. I guess they figured gamers would, too.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
11. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 19:18 finga

This happens all the time when PR is deciding who to send review copies to, but usually they do this research themselves and don't send out frigging questionnaires to determine who will give them the best review scores.  

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
42. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 18:39 finga

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 17:59:

Crysis 2 up-close
RAGE up-close
Cherry pick much?

News Comments > RAGE Patched
72. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 09:19 finga

tRens wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 07:55:
I would like to point out that locking all of the variables that we'd like to tinker with is ridiculously console-faggotry-sheety.

Bethesda/ZeniMax seem to have their fingers in id in some fashion, and I'd like those fingers cut off at the shoulder.

Consoles were good in the beginning, but now they're just crapping all over everything.
Stop posting.

News Comments > "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM
20. Re: Oct 10, 2011, 09:05 finga

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 06:11:
Companies don't feel. They calculate.

Does this make financial sense? Then we do it.

It doesn't? Then we don't do it.
Actually, they do this all the damn time. First example that comes to mind is Chick-Fil-A, who has at least two major company policies that cost them quite a bit of business, but they maintain them anyway based on the company heads' faith.

... perhaps you meant "public corporations", and you're getting somewhat closer to the truth.

News Comments > "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM
19. Re: Oct 10, 2011, 09:03 finga

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 04:59:
I would hope not. I think the latest stalker game was the last recently released game I paid for but I will not be doing so for this one if they go the steam route.
Considering that the last STALKER game was released nearly two years ago now, as well as the fact that Steam is enough for you to not buy a game, I don't think you have to worry too much about developers trying to sell you games.

News Comments > Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors
20. Re: Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors Oct 7, 2011, 17:43 finga

Quboid wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 16:40:
My guess is that Rockstar did the sensible thing - when Bondi came begging, they only contributed in exchange for something like equity, profit percentages or IP ownership. As Bondi had to come begging time after time, when the game was released Bondi had little profits to keep and no IP to develop or sell. Management fail.
Yep, huge failure, primarily on the part of the company's founder, Brendan McNamara. This documents some of it.

News Comments > Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors
19. Re: Staff Are Team Bondi's Largest Creditors Oct 7, 2011, 17:41 finga

I think 2K/Rockstar should man up and pay the developers what they're owed, even though it wasn't their problem to begin with. It'd really do a lot to help their image.

But fuck McNamara. He shouldn't be paid what he owes. From everything I've read about that guy, he may be half the reason that the game was so good, but he's also half the reason that these guys are out of jobs (along with plenty of others who quit, as the company had huge turnaround) and are owed so much cash in the first place.

Also, Blue, three typos in two sentences.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
18. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 4, 2011, 23:17 finga

There are ways to word those same questions (and get similar answers) without being so disagreeable.  

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
12. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:25 finga

Bludd wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:30:
vrok wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:26:
Of course binding keys is going to be in the final game.
You can rebind keys in the current beta... it's just broken as hell and you can't rebind mouse buttons. This is DICE we're talking about so I'm not entirely convinced that it'll be fixed, since apparently no one bothered to fix obvious bugs with key rebinding moving from alpha to beta.

News Comments > Jade Empire Sequel Possible
25. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 26, 2011, 02:45 finga

Fion wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 01:22:
Your probably right. I'm waiting for ME3. It will be the true test on EA's affect on Bioware. We know the debacle that was Dragon Age 2. If ME3 comes along (their second title made entirely under EA's control) and sucks as hard as DA2 did, then I will be convinced that Bioware's good days are behind them and likely never pick up another one of their games so long as they were connected at the hip with EA.
If you recall, EA bought BioWare just before Mass Effect 1 was released, so ME2 was developed entirely under the EA umbrella.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 14, 2011, 20:32 finga

Dirwulf wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 18:49:
I LOVED Deus Ex HR, but I'm not so thrilled about DLC. Its going to be at least $10, but I'm guessing more like $15, same as the map packs for CoD.
I kind of feel like COD map packs are, for at least the time being, more of the exception than the norm. It could be $10, and actually, many people's favorite DLC packs over the last few years - those for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Borderlands - were all $10. And all three games have all had one or two DLC packs that were ho-hum, but they've also had some really great ones.

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo