Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for finger

Real Name finger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname finga
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 22, 2008, 01:40
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 48490

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter X Tekken PC DLC This Week
3. Re: Street Fighter X Tekken PC DLC This Week Jul 19, 2012, 08:05 finga

ASeven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 06:32:
I remember I bought SSFIV:AE and my damn custom joystick wouldn't work in the game. I mean, they spent years saying they had the game for PC ready but wouldn't release it due to piracy and when they finally did release it it was a fucking buggy mess that made me truly consider that Capcom no longer does PC ports well. It also meant they ported the game in a rush and in a short time. Even today the PC port of SSFIV:AE has some nasty bugs that still aren't fixed.

Capcom is quickly treading the road EA has and I wouldn't be surprised Capcom soon joins Activision and EA as the most hated publishers out there.

The difference between Capcom and Activision is that Activision knows where their bread is buttered - on console - and other than charging them plenty of money, Activision at least understands how to treat those customers right. Capcom? They have been screwing up all over the place.

As far as your custom controller, did it translate into keyboard inputs rather than a Game Controller in Windows? Because there was an issue with keyboard inputs in Super SFIV that was fixed in the first patch. http://www.rlslog.net/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-update-1-skidrow/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Street Fighter X Tekken PC DLC This Week
1. Re: Street Fighter X Tekken PC DLC This Week Jul 19, 2012, 03:54 finga

Not even console gamers really want this game, much less any amount of DLC; it's become a bit of a laughingstock in the fighting game community. I guess it's nice that Capcom put a mostly-serviceable port onto the PC, but wouldn't we rather it be games that pretty much anyone at this point actually wants?  

News Comments > Steam Linux Plans
16. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 04:41 finga

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 21:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 21:20:
Don't games have a HELL of a time working under Linux? Would they then make sure all their games worked? Seems pretty difficult to muster doesn't it? Or what? Have L4D2 work and that is it? pfft. Not worth the effort....
]

Not really, its just a different OS more then anything.
Well, and nearly all game developers have to ditch DirectX and use OpenGL instead. This is not trivial. There's no "Build for Linux" button.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Interview
10. Re: Borderlands 2 Interview Jul 17, 2012, 04:38 finga

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 02:14:
I dunno why, i think its a great game....but Boarderlands 1 bores the bejebuz outta me, and after looking at BL2....looks exactly the same, they should call this an expansion pack in my opinion.
Then you haven't seen much of it. They redesigned pretty much everything and made a bigger game than the first one. Whether that's a better game or not remains to be seen. But hey, if this is an expansion pack, fine, but then pretty much every sequel should be called an expansion pack.

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
40. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 16, 2012, 07:39 finga

deqer wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 16:27:
Techie714 wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 15:54:
Apparently the only guy that thought BF3 was awesome...checking in.....
I liked it too. I got two months of gaming out of it then stopped satisfied.
2 months? Hey, guess what, people are still playing great games like doom and quake to this day. How many years is that?

I think maybe you TOLD yourself to be satisfied, and thus you were satisfied. But I don't think you are truly satisfied.

Today I learned that games must last players for years to be "satisfying".

News Comments > Deadpool Game Teaser Trailer
9. Re: Deadpool Game Teaser Trailer Jul 16, 2012, 05:34 finga

Kosumo wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 18:26:
Look's to me like Duke Nukem as just pulled on a red and black body shoot and is thinking he can now be edgy again. (like a Duke Nukem/Spiderman cross - wtf?)
Deadpool predates the first Duke Nukem game by several months, and certainly predates Duke3D, the first game with all the attitude and the like.

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
22. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 19:13 finga

RailWizard wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:27:
I liked bf3 pre-balance. Which wasn't so bad I guess, but I had a lot of hours into it by that point.

Closed quarters offended me greatly however, followed by further offence at the premium crap....and now here is bf4 poking it head out already, with 3 dlc's still undelivered but already paid for by hordes of suckers everywhere.

Yeah I'd say I have a right to bitch. For the first time in battlefield history, I am pissed off at DICE.
Wait, how long do you think it'll be before another Battlefield comes out? I'm positive that it'd be at the end of 2013 at the earliest... Is two years between games not long enough for you? Because if so, then you should be pretty mad at EA for releasing Battlefield 3 so soon after Bad Company 2.

News Comments > Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE
6. Re: Battlefield Designer Leaves DICE Jul 14, 2012, 00:45 finga

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 21:15:
Gee, must be a real challenge essentially making the same game year in and out.
No, BF3's single player is the first game DICE made that directly tries to copy Call of Duty.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 8, 2012, 03:17 finga

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2012, 15:09:
Wait, so Bungie hopped out of Microsofts bed, and immediately hooked up with Activision?

Really???

Yeah, they probably regret having done that, what with all the Infinity Ward stuff that has come out in the last few months.

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
35. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 07:23 finga

RailWizard wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 00:02:
You know it's bad when a dev has to come out and say they have not forgotten about their own recently released game.
Nine months isn't really "recent".

News Comments > Quantum Conundrum Demo
3. Re: Quantum Conundrum Demo Jul 3, 2012, 23:22 finga

J wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 20:59:
"the Interdimensional Shift Device (or IDS)"

Inter
Dimensional
Shift
Device

IDS Device. And yes, that's what it's called in-game.

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
58. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 28, 2012, 00:42 finga

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 13:13:
and they break some established canon (destroying a relay wipes out entire solar systems in ME2, but in ME3 that's no longer the case).
But, uh, look at the way they were destroyed.

I can destroy a stick of dynamite without it actually exploding. Or, I can destroy it by using it the way it was intended, as a weapon, causing an explosion that destroys much more than just the dynamite itself.

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
57. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 28, 2012, 00:40 finga

Axis wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 13:42:
Never bought a DLC, never will.

1/20th of an expansion for 1/3 the price. Yea, no thanks. Keep it to console players - they're the dumb ones hungry for content.
You're the one who thinks all DLC costs money. /shrug

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
12. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 06:20 finga

Piranha Bytes makes great games... that I wouldn't recommend most people actually try to play. They're so brilliant, and simultaneously so flawed.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy
15. Re: Quoteworthy Jun 21, 2012, 00:38 finga

Two, three, five, ten bucks? These are not microtransactions. These are just plain transactions.

Peter Moore, get back to me when stupid video game shit costs less than a bottle of soda. Until then, this is just a normal purchase that I weigh just like anything else.

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast
6. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Voice Cast Jun 14, 2012, 12:55 finga

Orogogus wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 11:52:
Really? Optimus Prime is in the game, and Cullen voiced him in the first game. I kind of took it for granted that he'd be back. The only voice actor in the list who wasn't in War for Cybertron is Gregg Berger -- he's not reprising his role, as WfC didn't have Grimlock in it.
Cullen is back as Optimus in this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2012, 04:00 finga

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:51:
Other than the "hit Enter to Start" thing, there's little evidence of this being a port.
Meh, the console versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a frigging AWESOME-looking intro that was lost on the PC version because the developers were scared of this goofy little complaint.

Sometimes I actually like having a title screen that's not loaded up with menu items, especially if it's more than just a static logo.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
37. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 19, 2012, 18:43 finga

Acleacius wrote on May 19, 2012, 17:32:
Bhruic wrote on May 19, 2012, 17:01:
"Buying them out" only works if they want to sell. You can't forcibly buy out a private company. And if the developers would sell out to EA, they would do so regardless of whether EA is giving them 90 free days.
Absolutely false. Ever heard of hostile takeover, think Bioware was willingly bought out?
But that can only happen with a publicly traded company, or if private owners actually sell a controlling interest in the company.

For example, Valve is privately owned. No one's going to do a hostile takeover on Valve unless the people that own the company want it to be sold. I'm pretty sure that just means Gabe, as if I understand it correctly, he owns the vast majority (if not all) of the company's ownership.

Also, BioWare started out privately owned, too. And they let that holdings company that Bono from U2 was invested in buy them, then that holdings company sold to EA. I'm a little light on the details on that one, but the first time BioWare came into contact with a publicly traded company (and therefore became open to a hostile takeover) was only after EA bought them from that holdings group.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
243. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 08:14 finga

Six months from now, no one will care that the first 24 hours of Diablo 3's launch were rough. If it turns out to be three weeks, or two months, which was something closer to WoW's early growing pains, then that's an issue people will care enough about for it to make an impact. Getting errors the very first day? Not really.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 13, 2012, 17:21 finga

Wallshadows wrote on May 13, 2012, 12:26:
Less booth babes and no more exclusive invite-only press events would be a start.
Thing is, the less exclusive and "industry-only" it is, the better effect booth babes have.

Plus, E3 is the only industry-only show there is right now. PAX, BlizzCon, GamesCom, and the like are all open to the public.

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo