Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1201 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
10. um.. Aug 30, 2007, 18:24 Tom

I run AVG free on XP, fully up to date, and haven't had any problems with Steam, Bioshock, or anything else. It's never given me a false positive. Or any positive, for that matter. Maybe I should feed it a test virus sometime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wing Commander Soundtrack
8. CIC FTW Aug 28, 2007, 13:25 Tom

This seems pretty dumb, because there's a ton of Wing Commander music available for free at:
http://www.wcnews.com/music/

This includes the full soundtracks to WC1 and WC2 as played on the MT-32 - THE ultimate sound module back in the day. It's still a very special piece of hardware - full of character and the Wing Commander music uses it pretty well.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Why link to pay-only stories? Aug 28, 2007, 08:49 Tom

uhh...

"To continue reading this article, subscribe to New Scientist. Get 4 issues of New Scientist magazine and instant access to all online content for only USD $4.95"

"Site Blocked

This site has been barred from the bugmenot system for the following reason:

Paid subscription site."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: No subject Aug 28, 2007, 00:58 Tom

You know what's real crap? I'm paying $60 to Charter now for 5Mbps/512kbps. That is crap. Charter sucks!!! But they're the ONLY option here. Curse them. Although, Verizon is even worse. They wired my whole town for FiOS, except for my street. They refuse to wire my street. Thanks a lot, Verizon.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Why link to pay-only stories? Aug 27, 2007, 13:29 Tom

The story "Smaller transistors suffer from tiny flaws" is only readable to paid subscribers of New Scientist. (No, hudsondog doesn't work.)

News Comments > TF2 Soldier Movie
20. Re: World war 2 joke makes no sense! Aug 22, 2007, 19:22 Tom

Whoa. Brush up on your history a bit and then see if the joke makes any sense. Hint: Pay attention to the dates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_in_Europe_Day

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Music in Vista slows network performance Aug 22, 2007, 10:28 Tom

This is actually true! I just confirmed it on my work PC. File transfer was capped at around 10MB/sec while music was playing, went up to 25MB/sec when I paused the music. Good thing I'm not running this crap at home. It will be interesting to find out if this is really due to DRM, or just a monumental screw up - I'm guessing the latter...

News Comments > BioShock Demo
54. Re: AA Aug 20, 2007, 23:20 Tom

How did you enable AA/AF? I tried forcing it with the NVIDIA control panel, but it had no effect in-game. Still lots of jaggies.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
25. Wow. Aug 20, 2007, 20:48 Tom

I just played through the demo on an E6700 / 8800GTS and it was perfectly smooth. Didn't bother upgrading my drivers, and it still ran fine. It would be nice to find out what specific issues these drivers address. I'm not installing any beta drivers unless I really need to.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Diver is young fisherman's catch of Aug 18, 2007, 10:03 Tom

Gee, I would hope so, other wise when you say doctor you mean retard.

Uh huh. Because doctors do this kind of thing every single day. Ass.

News Comments > Mafia 2 Announcement Nears
11. Yes! Aug 17, 2007, 11:50 Tom

The phone booth destruction in Mafia was outstanding. Can't wait to see what they do in the next one!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Obsolete? Aug 11, 2007, 20:46 Tom

This headline is sensationalist crap. Nothing here is obsolete or becoming obsolete. The headline completely misrepresents the situation, as anyone who bothers to read the article will see.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: cool weather good for 360? Aug 7, 2007, 00:29 Tom

I wonder if places with cold weather can help keep a 360 alive longer

Sounds like a great question for the "Everybody Votes Channel". Oh wait, wrong console.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2007, 00:03 Tom

That is sad. He inspired others, including my favorite...

"QML- Was Blahbalicious inspired by any other movie?

Avatar- It was inspired by some of the other Quake movies. I dont think it would exist if Operation Bay Shield hadn't been done, but we ended up scrapping most of the Die Fette Faust ideas."

http://www.machinima.com/article.php?article=340
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blahbalicious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqGIIoSSQQ8

News Comments > Crysis in November
41. Nice. Aug 3, 2007, 11:14 Tom

This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen on Blue's News. Congrats on taking things to a new low, guys. Keep it up and one of these days Blue will just remove the comment feature. I know I'd be thinking about it if it was my site.

News Comments > Adam Syndrome Announced
5. ok but.. Jul 30, 2007, 13:24 Tom

Who considers 1024x768 to be high resolution these days?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. What's new... Jul 29, 2007, 21:55 Tom

In case anyone is wondering what's new, here's the link (for the SDK):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=529F03BE-1339-48C4-BD5A-8506E5ACF571&displaylang=en#new

Not really anything interesting, except the list of stuff that will be omitted from the next SDK release. My goodness, they're removing DirectMusic and DirectPlay! What a shame. Hahaha...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2007, 09:41 Tom

A once great franchise indeed. Can you believe it's been 16 years since then?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/wing-commander-ii-vengeance-of-the-kilrathi

News Comments > Colin McRae: DIRT Patch
8. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 15:57 Tom

I tried the PC demo with a wheel and messed around with the controls for saturation and linearity for like an hour - could never find anything that was anywhere NEAR drivable. (I was stunned to see proper support for multiple controllers, however.) I have no problems with other games like LFS, RBR, GTR, etc. When turning the wheel, the in-game wheel wouldn't turn much until I reached a certain point and then WHAM huge change, and the car veers off to the side. Wheels and analog sticks don't work the same, but this game seems to treat them the same.

I spent about half an hour searching around their forum and it looked like nobody was able to overcome this problem...

News Comments > Colin McRae: DIRT Patch
6. Re: Just wondering Jul 23, 2007, 14:02 Tom

Seems it was a design decision to just not support a steering wheel. How retarded is that? Oh wait, this is Codemasters we're talking about.

1201 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo