Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1167 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Announced
6. Re: Microsoft Flight Announced Aug 17, 2010, 11:23 Tom

Sooo... They cleaned house with Ensemble and ACES, and now they're rebooting this stuff. Who's doing the work?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
65. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 11, 2010, 09:30 Tom

I think Doma is right on the money, except for saying the cops don't care. They were always after me for everything. And once I was "wanted", I was marked for death. They definitely didn't forget me either.

I'm expecting this to still be a good game, but ya, they seem to have sacrificed a lot of good stuff from the first one. It's especially disappointing that all weapons seem to have perfect aim. Hopefully this is due to the auto aim which is a setting but seems to be stuck on for the demo (why?).

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
12. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 14:04 Tom

If it's anything like the first game, there's plenty of terrorizing the environment and its inhabitants to be done.

Looking forward to trying this tonight. I loved the first one and fully expected its sequel to be console crap.

News Comments > QuakeCon Coverage
2. Re: QuakeCon Coverage Aug 6, 2010, 15:25 Tom

Meh.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Size Matters (for BluRay Aug 2, 2010, 16:15 Tom

Tumbler wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 14:57:
Meh. As long as the PS3 stays 720p as their native res for everything it's a dead heat. Their big oppurtunity would be if they could exploit 1080p and make their game look significantly better. So far they can't. Everything runs in 720p at max.

Not true. The Last Guy runs at true 1080p. Hindustan Electronics Co., Ltd. FTW! Oh, but that's just a small time game, you say? How about Gran Turismo 5 (Prologue and otherwise) then? They support 1080p with various levels of trickery depending on the situation (for example, in-car vs. showroom). Even 1080p w/ AA at 60fps. Not bad for such an old GPU.

News Comments > Capcom Profits Plummet
2. Re: Capcom Profits Plummet Jul 29, 2010, 11:14 Tom

Yeah really, I mean wow. Native English speakers never make mistakes like this!  

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
44. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 18:44 Tom

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 18:27:
Good luck with just picking up a copy. Local Gamestop manager said that they don't have a non-reserved copy in the tri-state area (Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio).

No need for a physical copy. He already has the game and just needs to activate it:

http://us.battle.net/en/info/digital-purchase

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
13. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 13:04 Tom

I canceled my GameStop pre-order after they wouldn't give me a beta key. I downloaded the whole thing from Blizzard and will activate it tomorrow or whenever their servers are working. No big deal if it takes some time.

As for the following previously mentioned grievances:

* the missing LAN support - "I don't care"
* the battle.net requirement - "I don't care"
* Blizzard's greed to sell one complete game for the price of three - "I don't care"
* lack of innovation in this game - "I don't care"
* the sky is blue - "I don't care about any of that"

News Comments > Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives
11. Re: Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives Jul 26, 2010, 09:57 Tom

Hey, I loved the book, I just wish it had been a bit more professional. Its constant attacks on Apple and extreme glorification of Chuck Peddle had me wondering. When I had my father read the book, who built his own computers during those times and got me the first pre-made computer I can remember, the VIC-20, HE told ME to watch out for the bias (even though I'd already finished it). Biased doesn't mean it's full of lies. But whenever there was a chance to tilt things a little towards one side or the other, do you really think this author took the high road and stayed neutral?

Anyway don't just take my word for it, look at reviews of the book and you'll find other people pointing out this flaw. Sure, some of them clearly identify themselves as Apple fans. I am certainly not. All of my computers beyond the VIC-20 have been PCs and I don't own iAnything.

News Comments > Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives
8. Re: Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives Jul 25, 2010, 19:50 Tom

Yeah, I recommend reading that book too, just take it with a large grain of salt. It's a fun read but extremely biased!  

News Comments > Alien Swarm Patch & FPS Instructions
7. Re: Alien Swarm Patch & FPS Instructions Jul 23, 2010, 16:10 Tom

Next patch notes:

* Enrolled in NVIDIA The Way It's Meant To Be Played program
* Fixed incendiary grenades to not frag graphics card

News Comments > StarCraft II Performance
15. Re: StarCraft II Performance Jul 19, 2010, 14:21 Tom

A lot of people have been mentioning how poor they are or expect to be at SC multi. I feel the same way. I thought the most encouraging comments I've seen about this were 1) summing up the game as "chess in space" and 2) saying the ladder system works.

I'm getting the game for single player and mods (esp. tower defense, can't wait!). But I wouldn't mind if it had something to offer me for stock multi as well. I'm going to try to go into it with an open mind and make an effort to learn, although certainly nowhere near Korean level. I just want to have fun. There must be more people out there who feel the same way.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
25. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 19, 2010, 00:33 Tom

Dune 2 and Herzog Zwei. Ahhhh yeah.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
33. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 15:49 Tom

Has nothing to do with the bandwidth. They want to preserve the retail channel presence. Do you think retailers will be happy to put your game on shelves if you undercut their prices selling direct? Especially at launch time?

Also, enough people will pay the same price. What do you get in a regular edition box that is worth keeping? It's not like the old days when you had nice cloth maps and little trinkets. If you want that nowadays, you pay like $100 for a special edition. No, if it's a regular edition, you get a disc and a manual that you could've just browsed as a PDF anyway.

I prefer digital distribution because it's more convenient for me. I can always re-download my stuff later if I want. It took like 3 hours to download Starcraft 2 today, with peer-to-peer disabled. Piece of cake. Even if it was longer, I'd just let it run overnight, no big deal. I really don't need more physical stuff. I have too much physical stuff as it is and need to get rid of it, not add to the pile.

I'm not that worried about not being able to re-download stuff if the company goes under in the future either. If I'm still interested in the game, and it's still viable for anyone to play it, I'm sure there will be a way.

News Comments > First Sale Doctrine Weakened?
8. Re: First Sale Doctrine Weakened? Jul 12, 2010, 15:36 Tom

Good things happen too, but the media won't report on that. It doesn't draw the same attention. Don't let your view of the world be warped by the media. Never forget that they have their own agenda.  

News Comments > Firaxis Firings
3. Re: Firaxis Firings Jul 8, 2010, 17:16 Tom

Reason #429 to not work in the game development industry.  

News Comments > New BC2 VIP Map Pack
13. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 18:31 Tom

I won't take your bait.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
9. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 18:05 Tom

This is what you get when stupid people play video games and then join the military.  

News Comments > New BC2 VIP Map Pack
11. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 15:48 Tom

How about less guessing and more proof if you're going to make accusations like that?  

News Comments > New U6 Project
2. Re: New U6 Project Jul 6, 2010, 14:12 Tom

U6 is one of my favorite games ever. VERY special game to me. But I just couldn't get into this mod because of the Dungeon Siege engine. I'm not sure if it was more because the engine was dated, or because it just it wasn't suited to U6, or what, but it was disappointing.  

1167 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo