Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1073 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Cinavia Mar 24, 2012, 09:39 Tom

Just curious, as a Netflix noob who is happy with it so far, what did you find disappointing about Netflix HD streaming? Selection?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
8. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 18:06 Tom

DDL through Gamer's Hell is averaging 550KB/sec and I'm at 600MB so far.

Really curious what this is going to be like. Wing Commander 2 is still my all-time favorite game, and I've been dying for a good space sim for years. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2012, 22:12 Tom

Easy, just have to wait until Origin fails.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2012, 19:02 Tom

Glad I waited on ME3. Will buy when it's $5-10 on Steam, maybe.  

News Comments > Valve Worth $3B?
19. Re: Valve Worth $3B? Mar 7, 2012, 22:46 Tom

eunichron wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 22:35:
But why would Valve even bother buying out EA? Valve is already one of the best publishers, and practically has the DD market cornered with Steam. They have no reason to want to buy out anyone else.

For vengeance, justice, and the good of all mankind. To buy them and destroy them, before they can do that to any more game devs.

It's painful to consider what might have been... if not for EA.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 15:32 Tom

$150M? I heard they spent $500M...  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 12:00 Tom

Yep, ran out of stuff to do in this game... it just doesn't have legs. Can't wait to see the #'s on this over time.

I wish they had made a single player game instead. Would've made for higher quality story and gameplay, more focus, less busy work / timewasting. This game just loves to waste your time. Anything to keep you playing. Well, it's not going to work.

To hell with MMOs!

News Comments > BlackSpace Revealed
5. Re: BlackSpace Revealed Feb 22, 2012, 20:01 Tom

Well, I wish I hadn't read the comments before I watched this trailer. Then again, I might not have bothered watching it if I hadn't.

I liked it. I think it's better than the usual trailer style with quick chaotic cuts between 50-100 different scenes. It's deliberate and subtle. It has atmosphere and style. And it doesn't have a single CG character model. Well done.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 21, 2012, 22:18 Tom

Sooo... How much should the CEO of a company with almost 300k employees and $277B in assets make then?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 19, 2012, 19:09 Tom

Just awful. Ugh. Intentional?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access
23. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 18:46 Tom

In case anyone else is wondering how in the hell to download the PC version of the demo...

You have to go to the store in Origin and click "Free Games". Going to the product page for ME3 gives nothing. The demo download link on the ME3 web site does nothing. WTF? I wasn't looking for a free game, I was looking for a demo of a $60 game.

This is another example of why STEAM ROCKS and ORIGIN SUCKS. When there's a demo out on Steam, they actually put some effort into making it easy to find, download, and play.

News Comments > Star Trek Game Next Year
43. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 12, 2012, 16:38 Tom

Sphinx wrote on Feb 12, 2012, 12:55:
You all have it all wrong. The next series should be about Garak.

Ha. That would be something. In the Pale Moonlight (DS9) was a truly great episode.

16. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 17:34 Tom

There's nothing inherently wrong with action or time travel. Most people (myself included) are happy to see those things. The problem is when it's done with absolutely no substance, no depth, no sophistication, utterly stupid and forgettable. And yes, many of the other Star Trek movies have sucked too, so the latest one is certainly not unique in that.  

10. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 15:39 Tom

Yeah, you said it Cutter. The characters were so incredibly one-dimensional, the story was more retarded time warp drivel, the dialogue was mediocre at best. All this movie had going for it was the action, violence, and visuals.

"FIRE EVERYTHING!!!" (except J.J.)

5. Re: Star Trek Game Next Year Feb 11, 2012, 14:11 Tom

F J. J. Abrams. The last Star Trek movie SUCKED. (What is wrong with the world that this movie is at 8.1 on IMDB and 83 on Metacritic?!?) I can't imagine the future holds anything different for the next movie. "The highly anticipated Star Trek video game" - give me a break.

Then again, Digital Extremes? Namco Bandai?

Nah.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 3, 2012, 23:26 Tom

Yes, there are ways. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  

News Comments > Happy Birthday id Software
13. Re: Happy Birthday id Software Feb 2, 2012, 00:37 Tom

Oh id. Let us remember the good times and be thankful. All good things must come to an end, and they did many years ago, but it's ok. The star that burns the brightest...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2012, 19:44 Tom

Hmm. YouTube 1080p Blu-ray-esque? How so? YouTube 1080p tops out at about 8Mbps. Blu-ray video can do 40Mbps. That's a factor of 5. And YouTube often can't even sustain the necessary throughput for its 720p, let alone 1080p. Hope you like buffering.

YouTube has the necessary UI and bitrate categorization for streaming 1080p, but with the low bitrate it's just low quality streaming. It's like 64kbps vs 320kbps MP3. Huge difference.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 19, 2012, 18:18 Tom

The first digital camera I ever used was a Kodak DC-120 in 1997. Amazing stuff back then. Sad that they were early to the digital game yet ended up like this.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2011, 09:06 Tom

DCS: A-10C Warthog is even cheaper on Steam until the 28th, only $20!  

1073 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo