Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1075 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Apr 19, 2014, 10:42 Tom

Hmm according to their Steam page "Tabletop Simulator is the only simulator where you can let your aggression out by flipping the table!" which of course would be a lie, as Japan has had an arcade game dedicated to table flipping since 2010. But I didn't see any table flipping going on in their video on Steam...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
20. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 16:57 Tom

After recent events I could no longer refrain from trying the alpha to see for myself. Make no mistake. Elite: Dangerous is the real deal. This is the first worthwhile space combat sim in decades. It's still only an alpha and there are a bunch of rough edges. But, looking at what they've accomplished so far and the design decisions they've made, I can tell they have the capability to execute. This capability is something that must extend from top to bottom in order to produce a result like this. It's there and it's real.

They may need some help on the netcode/back-end. That's probably the biggest potential trouble spot I see.

It's going to be very interesting to see how things play out between this and Star Citizen. I certainly didn't expect this a year ago. Now, perhaps in another year the tables will have been turned again. Wow! To have such exciting times, after decades of just nothing.. it's amazing.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
24. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 13, 2014, 11:14 Tom

I agree, it's really annoying to see CR always using a controller. Maybe he would like to demo it with a joystick, but it isn't working well enough yet. Or he doesn't want to scare off the masses who are where the $$$ is at. Or there's some stupid business issue with hardware vendors that prevents him from doing it. Or he just sucks at piloting with a stick in general and doesn't want to show that off to millions of people.

Until we get the actual game and try it for ourselves, all we can do is speculate on how good its joystick support is. I'm guessing for all those millions of $$$ they can have at least one developer work on making it good. But hey, maybe not, you never know. Time will tell.

Thankfully in the meantime, if you're truly hardcore, you can put your money where your mouth is and be playing Elite: Dangerous with a stick, throttle, rudder pedals, and TrackIR... right now! Only $300.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
18. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 20:33 Tom

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 20:02:
From what I could sit through of that gameplay footage, I did catch one guy in the audience yell pretty clearly "You'd be able to hit him if you used a mouse!" or something like that. Best part of the video IMO.
Those were some rowdy folks in the audience. My favorite was the guy who yelled "Attach a debugger and USE THOSE SYMBOLS!!!" Absolutely priceless.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 12, 2014, 14:22 Tom

DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 12:22:
I never knew there were so many drama queens on the internet. You would think the end of the world is near.
Perhaps you are new to the Internet. Welcome, my friend!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
55. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 11, 2014, 17:55 Tom

Ok, so it's official then, Star Citizen sucks and Elite: Dangerous is the best game ever. So why are they selling a $150 beta now where you get treated as a second class citizen for the next 6 weeks? I see these awesome videos but they're not quite $300 awesome...  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2014, 23:38 Tom

To heck with touchscreens for car controls I say, but it seems to be working for Tesla...  

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
21. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 3, 2014, 21:03 Tom

QuakeSpy was great. Not so sure about what came after.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2014, 16:47 Tom

Worst ISP in the US tries to buy 2nd worst, fails, cries "no fair!"

FU Charter!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 20:19 Tom

Oh ok then, so VR is no more sophisticated than a TV or a refrigerator. Nevermind that these companies can't even get TVs right most of the time.

What did FB buy? They bought the people with the energy and potential to make something huge. Again, it comes down to Luckey Palmer and the team that formed around him.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 20:04 Tom

A lot of very short-sighted thinking here. How many times has someone earned a fortune doing something lame (and usually at least moderately evil) and then looked for something fun to do with the billions in profit?

I'm as dismayed as anyone at this turn of events but even I have to acknowledge the possibility that Luckey Palmer will use the $$$ for good and Zuckerberg and the rest of the monstrosity that is Facebook will let him do it without screwing it all up. The possibility exists. Hopefully it's not as unlikely as it seems.

I'd say the biggest question now is ... is Palmer truly committed to his dream? Or will the money ruin him, as it ruins most?

And if Oculus Rift is ruined, at least there will be other players who won't be standing still on this. The likes of Valve and Sony. Now that people have tasted what's possible, someone will make it happen. The technology is there. The demand is there. It may take another couple of years but this is going to happen with or without Oculus Rift.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 18:51 Tom

This is a dark day for gaming. Wow.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 22, 2014, 09:51 Tom

It's a lot easier to argue effectively and confidently when you're in the right and you know it.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 22, 2014, 09:48 Tom

As the article said, MS did them a favor. Metro sucks and should not be encouraged by third parties.  

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
2. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 13:21 Tom

I think it would've had a better chance without quite as much hype.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall Mar 10, 2014, 17:44 Tom

Played the beta for half an hour. Meh. Could be good if you want something super fast paced. It was more shallow than I was expecting.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 9, 2014, 10:55 Tom

Yeah there may be some games that are on sale more often than others, but they have different games on sale all the time. There is no shortage of sales on Steam...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 7, 2014, 20:25 Tom

Oh no, us armchair Internet commenter critics have all the facts. Clearly she was in the wrong and this whole thing was her fault.  

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
10. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 21:14 Tom

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:09:
The savings and enjoyment I get out of a $39/year vpn service has paid itself over so many times it's baffling others complain and don't join in.

Yes, why people would ever want to avoid committing fraud is baffling indeed.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
3. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 18:07 Tom

It'd be nice if they fixed it so that you couldn't get shot so often after already having taken cover. That is really annoying. If they fixed that, maybe I'd play a little more. And they'd have to do a heck of a lot more than that to convince me to buy Premium. Not shoving it down my throat every time I go to play would be a start.  

1075 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo