Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom

Real Name Tom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 21, 2000, 15:34
Total Comments 1309 (Pro)
User ID 4838

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming Sep 2, 2015, 20:33 Tom

As long as they only do this for ranked, I don't really care too much. But if they ever do it for regular, the game will be dead to me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 1, 2015, 21:40 Tom

How arrogant do you have to be to think you can work 24/7 indefinitely and deliver good results in the long term? No wonder Star Citizen has suffered from poor judgement at the top all along. It's practically guaranteed with that kind of approach.

If there's any truth to this article about Roberts' working hours, he should learn how to work smarter, not harder. That would ultimately serve the project better.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Aug 31, 2015, 22:27 Tom

Alamar wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 13:29:
But what about the Async Compute? : )
!@#$ing Async Compute... to hell with that fanboy war.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 22:23 Tom

2TB/month over cellular? T-Mobile should be ashamed and embarrassed for even allowing it to be technically possible for a customer to accomplish this. How does that even happen...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2015, 22:16 Tom

Wow, this just makes Kimmel look like a moron.  

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
3. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:44 Tom

Yep same. This game puts the fun back in gaming.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 24, 2015, 23:28 Tom

Give the poor kid a break. Bad enough he has to use LISP.  

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
2. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 24, 2015, 18:45 Tom

Anyone else read this headline as "Hearthstone The Grind"?  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
97. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 18:43 Tom

When someone brings frivolous legal action, sometimes justice is served and they get ordered to pay attorney's fees.

Looking forward to seeing those headlines in a few years.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 23, 2015, 20:31 Tom

Slashman wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 19:07:
Wth happened in this thread??? Headscratch
Dude proud of his superior technical expertise wonders why ARK and other mediocre-at-best games run like crap on his computer. Someone correctly points out that it's because his computer suuuuucks. He goes ballistic. Typical forum nastiness ensues.

Gotta love it.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 22, 2015, 21:14 Tom

Scary news about Firefox add-ons. This could easily be the end of Firefox if they're not very, very careful.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 22, 2015, 10:00 Tom

In case you haven't noticed, people don't always exercise the best judgment when choosing names for their children.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 21, 2015, 20:34 Tom

nimski wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 19:55:
Does anyone know how the .gov and contractors deal with PC operating systems? I can't imagine Windows 10 would ever be allowed on a Raytheon computer per say, but it would seem that MS would not want to lose those clients either.
Same as any other corp I imagine.. group policy, WSUS, etc.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines After Dark Next Month
2. Re: Cities: Skylines After Dark Next Month Aug 20, 2015, 23:19 Tom

Prices are higher because the sale price is the new actual price. This is the inevitable result of so many sales that are so broad and so deep. If you pay the non-sale price you're paying extra for the privilege of getting the product at a time more of your choosing.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Streaming Game Sharing Revealed
2. Re: NVIDIA Streaming Game Sharing Revealed Aug 20, 2015, 19:48 Tom

Sony offers this feature on PS4 where it's called Share Play. And a bunch of games blocked it, unfortunately. It'll be interesting to see if anyone is dumb enough to try that on the PC.

Personally I don't care so much about letting both people be able to play the game. I just want a real-time streaming capability. Steam streaming would be great if it didn't have the 8 second lag or whatever which kills it if you're just two people on voice together.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
32. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 21:19 Tom

Enjoyed the beginning of D:OS but it definitely fell off hard.

Hopefully they do better with the second one.

But, no Kirill.

News Comments > Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode
20. Re: Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode Aug 12, 2015, 18:49 Tom

Ok now I see what you mean. It is actually possible to maintain contact with the ball, dribble it down the field, even fake out opponents. But that all requires either a decent amount of skill or a large amount of luck. I'm no pro at the game but I've done it several times, usually not very intentionally. I think you just need to roughly match velocities with the ball and gradually ramp up if you want to stay with it. That is, if the ball is standing still, you need to hit it very lightly on the initial hit, then try to stay with it as closely as possible. Bicycles can help with that initial hit depending on the original difference in velocities.

A friend of mine who's reached veteran status is able to do this a lot more often than I am, so I have a feeling skill is a big component there. He can also send and receive passes pretty well.

News Comments > Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode
13. Re: Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode Aug 12, 2015, 15:24 Tom

What the...? Vehicular pinball? No. It's soccer. How is it not soccer? There's so much opportunity for skill and teamwork in this game. Sure, if you just naively boost into (or past) the ball at every opportunity it may seem like pinball I guess. If you stick with it and get further along the learning curve, I think you'll find it to be vehicular soccer.

Of course, it helps a lot to play it together with some friends on voice. If you only ever play with randoms then I can understand the disillusionment.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 9, 2015, 16:43 Tom

Game of the decade? Man. Not for me. I went into it like "wow this is great!" But, 45 hours later, it feels more like quantity over quality. The quality level is still higher than most games, but I think it probably could've been a better game if they hadn't tried to cram so much in there. I'd take 50 truly memorable quests over 500 mostly forgettable ones.

It is a good game though.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
11. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 8, 2015, 20:04 Tom

Yeah, Ars lost some cred with this headline. Usually they're great. Allowing this headline was a mistake though. Maybe it's because it's Ars Technica UK?  

1309 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo