Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediLuke
Email imjediluke@net.comcast
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://mywebpages.comcast.net/imjediluke
Signed On May 20, 2000, 03:50
Total Comments 930 (Graduate)
User ID 4813

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > OpenSource MMO FPS Announced
12. Re: nice Feb 26, 2003, 21:18 JediLuke

Those models hardly have textures on them. What I said was an exaggeration; but the model looks very high polygon and suspiciously like the poser guy, putting him around 80,000 polygons, I believe.

~Jedi

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OpenSource MMO FPS Announced
9. Re: nice Feb 26, 2003, 18:19 JediLuke

Looks pretty suspect to me. Those player models look like they're right out of Poser to me. i.e., the dev team didn't exactly make them. And those models have hundreds of thousands of polygons; I doubt we'll be seeing them running around in-game.

~Jedi

News Comments > Free Freelancer Demo
53. Re: Slow framerate Feb 26, 2003, 07:35 JediLuke

Is anyone else having trouble with framerate when the cruise engine recharging and when you browsing in the menus?

Read the thread. This was my problem, and the solution is to lower the hardware acceleration one notch.

~Jedi

19. Re: Impressions of a person... Feb 25, 2003, 00:05 JediLuke

Thanks for the tip.

~Jedi

16. Re: Impressions of a person... Feb 24, 2003, 23:22 JediLuke

Played a little more tonight. Damn this seems cool.

What's with the jerky performance though? I'm running a P4 2.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro. Thing is it's mostly in the menus. The cursor moves really sluggishly and it takes forever to scroll. Then during flight it'll be perfectly smooth most of the time and then I'll randomly get hardcore stuttering. I started out at 1152x864x32, then I lowered it to 1024x768x32 with pretty much no difference. Anyone have any insight?

~Jedi

2. Re: Demo Feb 24, 2003, 20:03 JediLuke

Man, how I loved Escape Velocity. That kept me busy for so many hours, and then so many more once I got the Star Wars TC

~Jedi

News Comments > EQ Expansion Released
1. ... Feb 24, 2003, 20:01 JediLuke

I wish I could get a fro download. My hair is pretty boring right now.

~Jedi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: guzzlefish... Feb 24, 2003, 19:46 JediLuke

Nice site, snide. I read some of the reviews, not bad, but the writing could use a lot of cleaning up. I'll be checking back on this one, though.

~Jedi

9. Re: The Wind Feb 23, 2003, 01:43 JediLuke

Sorry, but that dude selling the poem comes off as pretty pathetic. I hope that's not serious. It sounds like something a sixth grader wrote for a class project.

~Jedi

23. Re: Fries Feb 20, 2003, 23:32 JediLuke

Now I know what that reminded me of... Orwell's 1984. Didn't they drink Freedom gin? They had other things like that as well, didn't they? Maybe that's why it seems to have such an ominous connotation to me.

~Jedi

18. Re: Fries Feb 20, 2003, 21:53 JediLuke

Instead of freedom fries, we need fredrickson fries. They could be like fortune cookies in a way; they'd come with various misspelled, non-sequitir, assinine remarks.

~Jedi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: PC Splinter Cell
6. Re: Hey... I wonder.... Feb 18, 2003, 15:01 JediLuke

The last Clancy book I read was Rainbow Six. I enjoyed it thoroughly and as I recall it had nothing to do with nazis or communists.

~Jedi

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Another Unreal 2 review Feb 18, 2003, 13:22 JediLuke

Ok, you got me -- I'm intolerant of intolerance. So sue me.

And my first post had nothing to do with the religious content of the site, but with its piss-poor design and writing.

~Jedi

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 13:22.

News Comments > Mortyr 2 Revealed
28. Re: Attn: anon! Feb 18, 2003, 13:20 JediLuke

It's from The Prisoner.

http://www.the-prisoner-6.freeserve.co.uk/

~Jedi

7. Re: Another Unreal 2 review Feb 17, 2003, 23:07 JediLuke

No, you see, if you actually light candles around a pentagram, that's a religious practice.

If your character does it on a computer screen in a piece of entertainment software, that's a game.

Can we see the difference?

The fact that you praise games for their graphics has nothing to do with the issue of tolerance. The fact that you refuse to play, and advise people not to play, some of the best games on the basis that you find them in opposition to your skewed and ancient belief system is intolerant.

~Jedi

News Comments > DX2: Invisible War Interview
1. .. Feb 17, 2003, 22:04 JediLuke

Note that the video contains gameplay footage which I've never seen before... I think it's new, but I can't be sure.

Damn I want this game.

5. Re: Another Unreal 2 review Feb 17, 2003, 21:22 JediLuke

Yea, I was taking a good jab at him, but wouldn't you agree that his site promotes lack of tolerance more than anything? He has a list of games that he *refuses to play* because he's heard that they have "anti-christian" elements (awful things, like MAGIC!). Give me a break.

~Jedi

2. Re: Another Unreal 2 review Feb 17, 2003, 12:34 JediLuke

I looked at your site. I have seen it before. It was not good then. It is still not good now. The writing has not gotten better. Your reviews are laughable.

Wait, damnit, that last word has three sylablles, I apologize for that. I'll try harder next time, I promise.

~Jedi

27. Re: Baja! Feb 17, 2003, 00:20 JediLuke

Oh... my... God... I'm in shock... fredrickson made a.... SOMEWHAT COHERENT POST?! Anyone have any news on the temperature in hell? I mean, he quickly reverted back to form, but is no one else shocked?

I sure hope this doesn't start a trend!

~Jedi

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 00:20.

News Comments > New Splinter Cell PC Demo
26. Re: How do I get into the police station? Feb 15, 2003, 09:34 JediLuke

I climbed over the alley, then dropped down onto the guard, knocking him out. I shot out some lights and then crept over to the wall opposite the window. Climb up on the dumpster, then jump and kick off the wall to the spot with the hole and you're in.

~Jedi

930 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo