Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediLuke
Email imjediluke@net.comcast
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://mywebpages.comcast.net/imjediluke
Signed On May 20, 2000, 03:50
Total Comments 930 (Graduate)
User ID 4813

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
104. Re: Dude Jul 20, 2003, 02:31 JediLuke

"ha ha ha!"

my disbeleaf at having lacked the alacrity to partisipate in such an exchange is "overwhelming!" i posit that this will necessitate waiting for the "next time" our erstwhile partner "the dude" serenades us with his litany of wordplay in his natively anglocans tongue. one has to enjoy the "unnecessary" "quotation" "marks."

the steve
This comment was edited on Jul 20, 02:31.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

103. Re: Dude Jul 20, 2003, 02:10 JediLuke

Any minute now JediLuke will come flying in and interpret all The dude's statements.

Hahaha, nooo, I can't believe I missed this thread! There were some real gems in there! Man...

~Steve

News Comments > Republic Complete
11. Re: figures... Jul 20, 2003, 01:06 JediLuke

It's not the typos my friend, it's your uniquely incoherent style of babbling nonsense. Although you seem to have improved since last I took notice, so kudos.

~Steve

News Comments > Republic Complete
9. Re: figures... Jul 20, 2003, 00:32 JediLuke

Wow dude, you almost make a shred of goddamn sense when you type, but not quite.

~Steve

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. PC.IGN Jul 18, 2003, 23:50 JediLuke

The Half Life 2 media are just screenshots from the Kleiner's lab video. And goddamn am I sick of seeing those stupid anti-marijuana ads when I go to PC.IGN. They're so persuasive that I'm going to go smoke a bowl.

~Steve

39. Re: Metallica Jul 18, 2003, 22:15 JediLuke

You mean you're surprised people believe anything is possible in today's law suits - copyright and trademark law suits especially? I'm not. The first story of the day should tell you that even (or especially) (some of) the legislators have an extremely warped view of the world.

That's not the point. It was obviously a joke and if you couldn't tell you're stupid. FIN.

~Steve

27. Re: Metallica Jul 18, 2003, 15:57 JediLuke

I suppose it could be argued that as the volume of information and options available to the average person and the ease with which it can be accessed has increased exponentially, it has become more difficult to make sense of it all. Still it amazes me to think that people can be so lacking in the areas of logical thought and "common sense" (in quotes to highlight the irony of the fact that it isn't all that common...).

~Steve

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 15:58.

25. Re: Metallica Jul 18, 2003, 15:50 JediLuke

I didn't get the impression that people are less gullible, quite obviously they aren't, but one might hope that they would be as education, literacy, and mass communication have improved greatly in the past century. Any idiot could tell that most of these things are fakes/scams, and obviously there are a lot of idiots. However, there are many more resources for determining the veracity (or lack thereof) of such things these days. So stop being a dick.

~Steve

23. Metallica Jul 18, 2003, 15:39 JediLuke

I can't believe that people believed that Metallica thing. Aren't we supposed to be less gullible in these modern times? That seems like the kind of thing I'd expect people to fall for in a movie about the 19th century. Friggin Elvis used E and then F (Jailhouse Rock). Metallica never has, that I can think of. E5 and then F5, that's a different story.

~Steve

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Movie
16. Re: Half Life 2 Jul 17, 2003, 00:14 JediLuke

Valve has said that they're not going for Doom 3 quality or whatever, so I think what we're seeing is about as good as it's going to get. That being said, I think it looks damn good--so much so that I'm not entirely sure I'm watching the same video as the rest of you guys.

I think it looks good as well, but I'm referring to the issues I mentioned above... the jaggies and the screen redraw oddities. I think at a higher resolution and a good framerate it would look better, and I think that would be awesome, as it already looks good.

~Steve

News Comments > BF 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII Demo Soon
13. Re: A demo of an expansion? Jul 16, 2003, 23:20 JediLuke

1.4 didn't screw up BF. It's never crashed on me.

I like DC a lot less with the grenade launcher in it.

~Steve

9. Re: Half Life 2 Jul 16, 2003, 23:08 JediLuke

I really think the game will look better than that if you have the appropriate hardware.

~Steve

4. Re: Half Life 2 Jul 16, 2003, 22:31 JediLuke

Well think there's something lost in the process of the video capture... besides the jaggies, which could use some AA, the screen redraw seems to "lag" sometimes, it's kind of disorienting. Oh well, it's still cool, but come on, release more stuff already.

~Steve

News Comments > French XIII Demo
30. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2003, 15:15 JediLuke

The resolution isn't locked. My mouse input is still screwy though.

~Steve

24. Re: The game so far Jul 16, 2003, 03:18 JediLuke

Did anyone else get some really choppy mouse issues with this?

~Steve

3. Re: ... Jul 16, 2003, 00:01 JediLuke

No hay nadie aqui que esta hablando francais sino este programa estupido... tengo casi 50 MB de 100...

~Esteban

1. ... Jul 15, 2003, 23:55 JediLuke

Hm, downloading now, and I don't speak French, so I'll let you dudes know how it goes.

~Steve wishes it could be a Spanish language demo

News Comments > More Game Movies - Half-Life 2
34. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2003, 21:06 JediLuke

That video doesn't appear to be video at all, rather it looks like a 3d reproduction done in real time.

It's definitely a video.

An LPB shoots you as you are ducking behind a corner, you die. But you're fine with it because he has a low ping. An HPB does the same thing, but due to his slower upload, you make it behind the corner until the server OK's the kill. Now you complain.

How can you not see the difference? If an LPB shoots me as I'm ducking around a corner, he and I are both experiencing the same thing at the same time. But if an HPB shoots me after I'm around the corner, that doesn't seem fair. I already made it to safety, and yet he still killed me?

I spend most of my online time playing one game online. This game is Infiltration for UT

Really, that's cool that they're still going strong... I was a modeller for Infilatration back in the day, I don't think they're still using anything I made though.

~Steve

39. Re: Tattoo artist Jul 15, 2003, 16:43 JediLuke

Same site, same layout, obviously fake.

Aw man, looks like the site has been bluesnews'd.

~Steve

25. Re: Tattoo artist Jul 15, 2003, 13:31 JediLuke

The tattoo story has to be a joke. I find it hilarious, being a Carnegie Mellon student, however.

But why is it hosted on an angelfire site? And this part seems to be a dead giveaway:

...the giggling employees explained to her that the tattoo really said, “Insert General Tso’s Chicken Here!”

“I don’t even like General Tso’s!” Baker sobbed. “I’m a vegetarian!”

Anyone have confirmation?

~Steve

930 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo