Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JediLuke
Email imjediluke@net.comcast
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://mywebpages.comcast.net/imjediluke
Signed On May 20, 2000, 03:50
Total Comments 930 (Graduate)
User ID 4813

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Movies
2. Re: My bullets! Sep 11, 2003, 12:31 JediLuke

Two entries is probably one to few to warrant bullets

One too few

~Steve

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MoH AA Breakthrough Demo
49. Re: Boooooring Sep 11, 2003, 10:09 JediLuke

I played a liberation game for about 15 minutes..>>Still couldnt tell who was friendly and who wasnt

Are you serious? Friendlies have a symbol floating above their heads and when you point at them the cursor turns green and displays their name. Maybe the server you were on had some options set funny. I think liberation was fun as hell.

~Steve

News Comments > Devil Whiskey Demo
17. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2003, 16:10 JediLuke

Sarcasm is hard to relay in text...

Heh, well I got what you were going for. I'd say Jack Daniels is the recommended requirement.

~Steve

News Comments > Devil Whiskey Demo
8. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2003, 12:47 JediLuke

Heh, Ray, I'm not sure if you're being serious, but I think nin was joking (or trying to ) with the recommended whiskey question...

~Steve

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Star Wars kid Sep 7, 2003, 16:25 JediLuke

Yea, not to be insensitive, but give me a break already. Didn't a bunch of people buy this kid an iPod, or a computer or something? Everyone has embarassing moments. Not usually in front of the whole internet, but what tiny fraction of the people who saw the video know the kid personally? And with all the edits and effects various people put into their versions of the video, they made him look pretty cool.

It's clear that the people who would sign that kind of petition are the kind of people who want to feel the satisfaction of doing a good deed without actually getting of their respective asses and doing anything. If you want to help someone, go volunteer for people who need it. Ghyslain will live without being in the next Star Wars film. It's that kind of "hey, that'd be cute, let's throw it in" attitude that has helped to make the first two prequels suck.

~Steve

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 16:26.

164. Re: Trolls Sep 6, 2003, 02:18 JediLuke

Which illustrates my point beautifully.

Not really. You made a bunch of baseless and hyperbolic comments/accusations and I responded in kind. Besides, I thought unpopular viewpoints and inappropriate humor were your cup of tea? Not when it's directed towards you though, is that it?

Give me a break dude, you tried to play Devil's Advocate and made some flawed points. I pointed them out. When you're talking about the response that trolls get, you act as though they're completely innocent people. If I hit you and you hit me back, do I have the right to complain about the terrible wrongs you have done me unjustly? Do we hear reports on the ghastly and senseless violence inflicted on would-be murderers by their intended victims?

~Steve

136. Re: Comments Sep 5, 2003, 20:13 JediLuke

No Dan, but your posts sure do.

~Steve

130. Re: Trolls Sep 5, 2003, 19:46 JediLuke

anon, I assume that was either a joke or you were just trying to contribute to the disturbance. I made no reference to anyone in particular, let alone "dissenting opinions." Your implication about my motivations are completely unfounded.

Maybe the best way to fight trolls is to learn that they're people too?

What does that even mean? No one's being dehumanized here buddy. We're not talking concentration camps. We're talking about a few individuals abusing a forum because for some reason or the other they get off on it.

In the cases to which I was referring, it's destructive and antisocial behavior that ranges from the slightly annoying to the inconvenient to the downright offensive. I do think a study of this trend would be interesting.

Now quit talking shit.

~Steve

129. Re: RIAA... Sep 5, 2003, 19:41 JediLuke

Yes, touring is the major source of income, not records. And there are some artists making huge amounts of money. But making the generalization that bands are making millions on tour is not true.

~Steve

120. Re: RIAA... Sep 5, 2003, 18:31 JediLuke

Also,

Hell, tours alone bring in millions for most artists

Is an absurd overstatement.

~Steve

119. Re: RIAA... Sep 5, 2003, 18:30 JediLuke

Did you miss the news story yesterday?

"Universal Music Group To Unilaterally Reduce CD Prices

...That's right-- one of the five major label groups announced a plan yesterday to lower the list price of most top-line CD's to a jaw-dropping $12.98, effective as early as October 1st. Wholesale prices will be decreased as much as 30 percent, effectively reducing the end price of many discs to between $10 and $12 at many retail outlets.

Universal's stable of labels includes Interscope, Geffen, A&M, Island, Def Jam, MCA, Lost Highway, Motown, Mercury, and Verve."

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/03-09/04.shtml#story2

However, if you think artists are making huge amounts of profit from CD sales, you're sorely mistaken.

~Steve

111. Trolls Sep 5, 2003, 17:53 JediLuke

You know, I was just thinking about internet trolls in general. It would be a very interesting psychological study, I think, to look for trends in antisocial behavior over the internet. Has this been done? Message board trolls, spammers, team killers, cheaters. What motivates people to do these things? What are these people like in person? Are there common threads? I mean, the obvious answer is that they do it because it's easy, the internet is largely anonymous, there are generally no repercussions, and it emparts the perpetrator with a sense of power. But it's strange how people can seemingly derive satisfaction from trying to annoy and disrupt the activities of others. It's rather sociopathic really. Anyway, I dunno, I'm just rambling.

~Steve

105. Re: Dear fredrickson Sep 5, 2003, 17:28 JediLuke

Blue, my condolences for your loss.

As for trolls, this is a privately owned and operated forum. Posting here is a privelege, not a right. Anyone who abuses that privelege to the extent that some posters (ahem) have should be denied that privelege. But that's just my take on it.

And I was just mentioning the McDonald's lawsuit the other day. Glad to hear it was thrown out.

~Steve

News Comments > MoH AA Breakthrough Gold
24. No Sep 4, 2003, 18:03 JediLuke

Bitching about WWII games is not perfectly justifiable. It is a logical fallacy. If a game is good, it's good, regardless of setting. There are good WWII games and shitty WWII games. Good FPS games and bad FPS games. Dismissing a game based on the fact that it has a popular setting is stupid. It happens to be a setting that's very well suited to this type of game, and as technology improves, the level to which this multifaceted conflict can be simulated also improves.

~Steve

News Comments > America's Army 2.0 Soon
12. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2003, 17:42 JediLuke

Damn yo, that sucks. I be playing mad games at CMU.

~Steve

News Comments > MoH AA Breakthrough Gold
6. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2003, 16:23 JediLuke

^ Now obligatory bitching about too many WW2 games post... yawn...

~Steve

News Comments > Site Seeing - H&D2
4. Re: Dear Soup... Sep 3, 2003, 15:42 JediLuke

Yea, H&D was really cool but flawed. I have high hopes for the sequel.

Stop bitching about WWII games, or any other setting for that matter. The complaining about purported cliches has now become a cliche. If the game is good, that's cool, I don't care about the setting.

~Steve

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Op FP Sep 2, 2003, 23:54 JediLuke

I like A, but lots of em are nice. Where does one vote?

~Steve

News Comments > Game Movies
2. Re: Movie Trailer Sep 2, 2003, 23:50 JediLuke

What are you talking about dude? Lots of sites make you register to download. It's not new.

~Steve

News Comments > Full Spectrum Warrior PC Confirmed
10. Re: Death and stuff Sep 2, 2003, 23:49 JediLuke

Please, spare us the trolling.

~Steve

930 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo