Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for javajeff

Real Name javajeff   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 9, 2008, 21:15
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 47591

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
11. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 19:42 javajeff

I just have no interest in that game. I may reinstall Origin for that huge Command and Conquer pack.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up
30. Re: Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up Jan 6, 2014, 09:18 javajeff

Jerykk wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 03:29:
I don't see Steam as a burden at all. I love automatic updates. I love automatic installations. I love cloud saves. I love free money (in the form of trading cards). I love the ability to easily download and play my games on any PC. I love standardized support forums. I love streamlined mod support. I don't really love achievements but hey, many people do.

65 million Steam users prove you wrong (see what I did there?).

All that stuff is great! This family sharing feature will be the piece that somewhat removes the restrictive DRM. The DRM in steam to me is that you cannot have more than one game running at the same time. Retail games you can install on different computers, and they can be played at the same time by different people in a household for example.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
22. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 20:48 javajeff

Steam is DRM. This means your account is locked to all your games at once. Two of your games cannot be running at the same time. With retail games, you can install each game on a different computer. The only way to do this with steam is to have a different Steam account for each game. Now this can change if that game sharing feature is enabled.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/11436/

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
56. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 06:27 javajeff

Julio wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 17:13:
PC would be much more competitive if genres (Space Sims, Real RPGs, Turn Based Strategy etc) hadn't been abandoned wholesale by major publishers for only FPS and RTS gaming.

Basebuilding RTS has been completely abandoned. There used to be dozens of RTS games each year around 1999, now there are none. No more CnC, Homeworld, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Dark Reign, Warhammer Dawn of War, etc. RTS gamers are left with Starcraft or COH in 2013, and you can decide for yourself if they are better than previous offerings.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
18. PC is better for me Nov 30, 2013, 13:02 javajeff

I have never owned a Playstation or XBOX. I prefer PC because of the games that I play: Primarily Civ V and Starcraft. RTS and TBS games are best on the PC. I used to love shooters, but they have been so bad for the past 8 years that I gave up on them. There are no more World War 2 shooters, UT, or Tribes 2. I do not like the modern warfare shooters, COD with jetpacks AKA Tribes Ascend, cheaters in shooters, or Free to play shooters.  

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
7. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:21 javajeff

I would like to move games that I do not play to my son's account. Clearly in family transfers can be accepted...right???  

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman
3. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 15:07 javajeff

I am not interested in this game. I was excited for Kings and Castles, but I guess they are no longer making it. We need companies to make RTS games other than Relic and Blizzard. There are so few.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com
9. Re: Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com Mar 27, 2012, 13:05 javajeff

How about Good Ole Games?  

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Announced
30. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 22, 2012, 07:24 javajeff

Tribes Ascend is an example of a great Free to Play model game. As long as it is not Pay to win, free to play is a great model. Some people have money, and some people have time. This model lets them all play so the game will have a huge population. The people that pay will have more people to play with making their purchase well worth it. If it is done well, a player should receive the entire contents of a game for the same $50-60 that they would spend buying that game.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
80. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 19:42 javajeff

EA is trying to sell their own games on their own platform just like Steam does for Half Life 2 and Source games. You cannot buy the Source games on other platforms. I think competition is great for gamers and it will keep the prices down. Let them all offer GREAT deals for your eyeballs. While you may have 3 services installed, you do not have to run them in the background. Just run them when you want to play their game.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 13:25 javajeff

Elessar wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 11:37:
You're going to pass because you're guessing a game you never played won't equal a previous game you played? Weird.

I am going to pass on release day. I said I may still get it at less of a price. Enjoy your game.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2011, 13:30.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 11:31 javajeff

I am going to pass. No battlefield game has equaled 1942. I may consider it on sale, but not as a full price new release.  

News Comments > Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month
2. Re: Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month Sep 14, 2011, 12:25 javajeff

Will there be an upgrade path? I also wonder about the pricing.  

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
11. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 13:41 javajeff

I played WOW with my son when it first came out, and had two accounts for 3 years. I left when they started charging for character moves since I thought it was the same thing as paying for customer support. I think this should be free since the entire premise of the game is to have fun, and the server structure is their infrastructure. No one knows how fun it will be until they play. I took time off from MMOs and, I now play Rift.  

News Comments > AoE Online Keys
1. Re: AoE Online Keys Apr 29, 2011, 14:55 javajeff

I am interested and have Games for Windows Live already installed. Thanks!  

News Comments > Kings and Castles "On Hold"
13. Re: Kings and Castles Feb 7, 2011, 09:53 javajeff

nonstop wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 10:08:
Remember the trash he put out after TA called TA Kingdoms?

Chris Taylor did not create TA Kingdoms. It was created by Clayton Kauzlaric.

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
93. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 19:54 javajeff

What they did has the entire internet talking about it, so it is brilliant. Their current clientele is very small compared to what they need, so it was likely worth the risk of losing some people. Gog.com has extremely high Professionalism since that is what marketing is all about. Using a radical approach to attract people is fine, and they said people would be able to access their games again on Thursday.

I have no problem with what they did, because I do not trust any company. I am at the age where I just do not care or get worked up about what they do. I bought 1 game from them, downloaded it and backed it up so if they ever went out of business I would be in great shape.

The pictures of food in menus and on boxes always look better than the actual product. Disclaimers are now placed on everything stating that the product may differ in some way...etc. We live in a deceitful marketing society where nothing is like it seems.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Monkey Lord DLC Plans
9. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Monkey Lord DLC Plans Sep 8, 2010, 15:30 javajeff

InterFaced wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 13:51:
Well, I'll probably buy this since I really enjoy supcom2. That said, I miss the Total Annihilation days of free weekly dlc.

How do you know they are charging for it?

News Comments > Chris Taylor on PCs
21. Re: Chris Taylor on PCs Sep 7, 2010, 13:40 javajeff

I enjoy Supcom2 more than Supcom1 because of the improved economy. Super complex economies are not that fun to me. I like combat and lighter economy so I can focus on strategy rather than having the best "build order." If you want the build order to separate players, then that is where you like to compete. I prefer the battles, tactics, and overall management. Two resources and a bank like system is fine, and still allows for raiding and other tactics.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
13. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:44 javajeff

I am not interested in MMO in my RTS. I will pass on Age of Cartoons. I was a big fan of AOE, but the graphics alone lost me. The rest of it just sounds bad. All I would need is an updated graphics engine for AOK. Innovation is way overrated in PC games.  

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo