Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Benjamin Isip

Real Name Benjamin Isip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Raven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 17, 2000, 03:28
Total Comments 303 (Amateur)
User ID 4745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 7, 2013, 20:57 Raven

Total War: ROME II on Steam. Save 75% 25%.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
36. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 16:54 Raven

NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:01:
Verno wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 15:50:
To say it's "bloatware thats basically unchanged since its inception" is completely absurd and untrue though.

No way dude. The 80MB of RAM and 0% CPU usage Steam is currently utilizing is totally insane! Nevermind that Chrome is using hundreds and hundreds of MB with a couple tabs open. Nevermind that I have gigs upon gigs upon gigs of free memory even while running a ton of shit.

Steam is clearly the source of the bloat in this equation.

The bottom line for Steam is that the Steam client should be a faster, better experience than just using any old web browser to do it.

And yet, anyone who has spent time on the market, searching the catalog for old games, or even just going through their own personal inventory can tell you that it's the exact same experience - just slower. Slower than IE, slower than Chrome...

News Comments > Blackwell Deception Free
13. Re: Blackwell Deception Free Oct 31, 2013, 15:52 Raven

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:43:
nin wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 13:07:
Raven wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:27:
FYI, if you "bought" the game early, Steam has already revoked all the extra games that were given out besides Deception.

I'd rather that happen than the devs getting screwed.

Really. A good deed ought not be the reason they lose tons of money.

Oh, I totally agree. Just saying that they took care of it.

7. Re: Blackwell Deception Free Oct 31, 2013, 12:27 Raven

FYI, if you "bought" the game early, Steam has already revoked all the extra games that were given out besides Deception.  

4. Re: Blackwell Deception Free Oct 31, 2013, 11:25 Raven

Just worked for me. Didn't even have to enter the code. It just took me straight to a list of mirrors.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 10:42 Raven

I bought a PS3 because it did everything I wanted it to do. One box, done. GT, GTA, media server, blu-rays (heck, the one I have plays PS2 games too)...

A 100' HDMI cable does not a media server make.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 11:14 Raven

To be honest, I never played the original game past the part where it auto-fails you for a bunch of side missions because you took too long to explore your office building.

Which I find hilarious from a certain perspective. I mean, my boss is telling me to get to da choppa to go rescue some hostages... What did I think was going to happen if I decided that it would be better if I listened to his secretary and spent a few hours crawling through air ducts and reading my co-workers emails?

This play through, the gang-bangers seem pretty dumb, but I got my ass handed to me by some police officers that seemed to be more vigilant about the noises I was making.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 10:38 Raven

EA would have charged full price for it. I'm happy to pay $5 to go through the game with the redesigned maps and the whole game stitched together.

The "rebalanced energy system" is that your first two batteries recharge when depleted rather than just the first one. So, no matter how low on candy bars you get, you can still do a move that requires two batteries, and you just have to wait a while until you recharge.

Unless you play on the highest difficulty, in which case the energy system works as in the original.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 Raven

Sure, there is a gadget that lets you mark doors so you know where you need to go back to later once you have the right gadget...

I didn't start playing until this weekend, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
5. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 11:31 Raven

TB asks for a review copy to do a Youtube review; gives examples of all the other reviews he's done (all monetized, and not all positive).
Dev agrees and gives him a review copy.
TB does a review about how horrible the game is.
Dev has video removed three weeks later (shortly after launch) on copyright claims
Dev posts on steam forum that TB had no permission to post monetized video.
Dev bans TB from Steam forum.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
5. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 14:24 Raven

Yeah, Eye of the Beholder kicked you out to the DOS prompt after the last boss BECAUSE DOS. This is 2013. Wall of text when you're expecting the next level is not acceptable anymore.  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 14:06 Raven

As Sony has loved to say for 14 years now, "You're in OUR world now".

They won't boot enough people to be able to form a class-action suit... What class? A class of trolls? Ooops, isn't that hate speech now?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Talk Like A Pirate Day Sep 19, 2013, 09:12 Raven

As you wish.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 10:04 Raven

DD is the B-list Red Batman

Fixed that for you.

Daredevil #24

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: I'm 13 and None of My Friends Use Facebook Aug 19, 2013, 09:31 Raven

Both this article and the follow-up article might as well just be titled "I'm a professional blogger with hundreds of Facebook friends, what did you want to pay me to say again?"

http://mashable.com/2013/08/13/teens-facebook-response/

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Kickstarted
12. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 16:25 Raven

That's because there is no listing of Steam Greenlight rankings.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32641587&postcount=10

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned
4. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Jul 30, 2013, 11:00 Raven

WAIT... The Season Pass is advertised as 3 DLC packs. So, it's JUST these 3 DLC???

A DLC pack with arena-style challenges.

A DLC pack with part one of a Rapture adventure.

A DLC pack with the completion of the above Rapture adventure.

One extra bit of adventure and that's it? That makes all the bitching about the Borderland's 2 Season Pass, with 4 different stories (some better than others) seem kind of silly. I guess that's why the advertisement says "More Story" instead of "More Stories"

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2013, 11:35.

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Jul 25, 2013, 08:59 Raven

I think there have been several fixes to BNK-3R so far. I only had problems when I "killed" it too fast on normal difficulty.

There was ANOTHER patch released yesterday that fixed the PC/MAC cross-platform multiplayer. That's the huge one that many were waiting for.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=310332

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Jun 25, 2013, 14:39 Raven

Where is my "Pet Butt Stallion?"  

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
13. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 15:28 Raven

So, do GOG games ever get pulled from sale, and if so, do you still have access to them if you haven't downloaded them yet?

For example, on Steam you used to be able to buy Neverwinter Nights, but it has since been pulled from their store page. But if you bought it already, its still in your library and you can download it again whenever you want.

303 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo