Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Benjamin Isip

Real Name Benjamin Isip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Raven
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 17, 2000, 03:28
Total Comments 314 (Amateur)
User ID 4745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Questions! Nov 27, 2005, 14:28 Raven

When my one of my cousins turned 18, I got her a personal toy. When the whole family got together for Turkey Day, it was sitting on her nightstand, with her parents none the wiser.

http://www.babeland.com/page/TIB/PROD/vibrators-top-picks/DS000240

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. "The Hip Nip" Nov 25, 2005, 18:54 Raven

Morita was busy until the very end... IMDB lists 3 movies he has roles in that have not yet been released. He will surely be missed.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Space Hack
2. Re: $19.99?! Nov 18, 2005, 17:02 Raven

Well, this is the fourth time it has shipped. They have to pay for all of these press releases somehow.

News Comments > New CSI Game
5. Re: CSI Nov 8, 2005, 20:48 Raven

My wife plays these games and likes them. She enjoyed the Law and Order games too...

Of course, be sure to remind casual gamers that there are things like patches you have to get too. The first Law and Order game had a patch to lessen the time restrictions in the game. The Lt. would take you off the case if you spent too much time asking ALL of the questions instead of just the "right" ones.

7. Re: Baseball Nov 8, 2005, 11:36 Raven

I would see instant replay more useful and perhaps less controversial when used for things less mundane than every pitch thrown.

The (very) rare errors in the field seem to have a far greater immediate impact. If a foul ball is popped up, and the player botches the catch near the stands, I would hope that someone would be able to go back and look and see if a fan tipped it, the player tipped it, or if it just fell foul.

News Comments > etc.
2. Not Just You Aug 22, 2005, 11:31 Raven

Source Code:

style="color: blue

News Comments > Supreme Ruler 2010 Retail & Demo Patches
1. Details May 31, 2005, 11:35 Raven

UPDATE 2 CHANGES - Version # 4.00.12

New Mission Included with Retail and Demo
--> “White Sands Project” – Stop the nuclear test planned by New Mexico.

Map Updates for Retail Version
--> North America: Updated a few rivers in the North America scenario.
--> British Isles: Added city (Dougrie) to an island in Scotland in the British Isles scenario to add supply to an ore mine.
--> Canada: Fixed city names in New Jersey and Canada scenarios.
--> MidEast: Updated a few "Belli Bar" ratings for Turkey against other regions in the MidEast Scenario.
--> Europe: Minor unit research additions.
--> Germany: Minor unit research additions.
--> Oceania: Fixed capital location for Philippines region.

Unit Additions/Changes

--> More than 20 new units were added to the Equipment List.
--> Some unit specifications were balanced: helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.
--> Unit picture addition: Combat UAV.

Feature Improvements

--> New GUI Element - State Department - Pick a region - In Panel 2, choose button named "Current Relations".
In this new third panel you will see the following:
- Diplomatic Rating,
- Civilian Rating,
- Causus Belli,
- Treaty Integrity Ratings and
- World Market Ratings

There are two columns each under a region's flag. The first flag is your region, the second is the region you are viewing. The first three ratings are views directed towards the other region. Read the tool tip to see exactly what each bar represents. (For example, under your flag you will see how your people feel about the other region AND under the other flag you will see how their people view your region.)

The last three bars are regional ratings and are not views of the "other" region but are indicators about the region. (For example, under your flag you will see the Treaty Integrity Rating for your reigon and under the other flag you will see the same rating for that region.)

--> Added mid-air refueling, though must be managed by player
--> Added TAB hotkey - 'center on last event hex'. Pressing the TAB key will move you to the area related to the latest "green" status line entry.

Game Improvements/Fixes

--> Adjusted AI weighting of diplomatic offers. Now the AI is more receptive to accepting diplomatic offers. Diplomatic views of your region are still used to determine if a trade will be accepted. Now the AI will reject or occassionally send a counter-offer back to your region. Use the new State Department Panel 3 (mentioned above) to determine what regions will likely trade with you.
--> Fixed AI Land Trades Bug. The AI will no longer give away it's entire territory.
--> Fixed Bug in 'View Deployed Missiles' when picking silo.
--> Fixed Treasury/Resource lobby option bug on save game loads. This bug caused a treasury multiplier effect on each load of the savegame, in addition to the effect at the initial start of a game when resources were set to a higher than default level.
--> Fixed possible error if *.GMC file is missing for savegame (this will happen if the file is manually deleted in windows)
--> AI surrender changed to 'elimination style'. Previous AI surrender would hand over land to another region. Now will elimination code in place an AI region will simulate a fallen government where the region will be divided by surrounding regions.
--> Fixed minor graphic issues with Victory screen on campaign save reload
--> Fixed issue with different region names showing with saved games
--> Fixed issue where no 'loading bar' gets stuck after failed load
--> Fixed how cancelled units remained in reserved 'unit count'
--> Corrected issues with low fuel aircraft taking off too early
--> Email message regarding incursions on allies corrected
--> Fixed 'boycotts on Campaign carryover'
--> Improved cabinet performance/approval bars; also in MP (mulitplayer) save
--> Fixed bug with firing missiles from gas-fueled units
--> Air units now reset 'pause conditions' upon landing
--> Unit construction queue scrapping on surrenders fixed
--> Fixed rare refresh crashbug in Bonds panel
--> AI Diplomacy changes - response messages, counter-offers, etc
--> Greater use of AISTANCE lobby option
--> Difficulty level affects starting integrity levels
--> Fixed issue with unsaved Refugee Immigration details
--> Fixed issue with Diplomacy popup 'old data' in new game
--> Fixed issue with 'counting active research projects'
--> Large numbers of Research Centers have diminishing benefits/speed for research
--> Capped some quantities in WM unit giveaways/sales
--> Hidden start date in lobby option.
--> Fixed issue with Unilateral Treaty Breaks / Email sequence
--> In-game mute now only affects in-game sounds
--> AI will now deploy and use initial missiles stock.
--> Game supports greater selection of pre-set game resolutions
--> Work-around for the latest NVidia graphics driver bug completed.

News Comments > Game Movies
3. Star Wolves May 14, 2005, 15:21 Raven

I don't think that you can call a game "upcoming" if it has been out since March.

16. Re: Sue! Apr 24, 2005, 17:42 Raven

Hmm, I remember being flamed when you bought this car for being sceptical about how reliable a "certified" car was compared to one you actually knew the whole history of.

At least they are fixing it for you for free. What kind of rental did you get?

19. Re: 100% CPU Feb 9, 2005, 11:20 Raven

I am usually pretty quick to adblock offending ads like this one... And hardly ever go back and unblock them after they are "fixed"...

I must admit that the only ad space on this web page that I haven't blocked yet is the T-shirt ad on the left. Maybe I will try to unblock a few next week and see if they play nicely.

Maybe one day advertisers will realise that this kind of advertising associates negativity with their product. Am I really more likely to buy Splinter Cell when I am forced to look at their ad because it locks my computer up?

Still, better than GameFAQS, where everything is filled with big white boxes of blocked ads.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 11:22.

2. BlueTruck Feb 5, 2005, 13:32 Raven

You are really considering trading in a truck that you know has a history of a single, minor, fixable problem?

And trading it in for a car that you have no idea what has previously gone wrong with it, but it was bad enough to make someone trade it in shortly after buying it new?

News Comments > Pirates! Fix
2. Last Years News Feb 5, 2005, 13:28 Raven

This fix came out right after launch. It allows people who bought the DVD version to actually play the game without downloading a no-cd crack. The original version asks for "disc 2" to be inserted for play. Of course, there is no "disc 2" for the DVD version.

News Comments > France to Defend Ubisoft from EA?
19. Re: Only the French run away? Dec 30, 2004, 13:33 Raven

Less war bashing. More EA bashing.

1. Merry Christmas Dec 24, 2004, 10:05 Raven

I'm sure he'll be taken care of better than most pets given as Christmas presents.

3. Re: Happy Festivus Everyone! Dec 23, 2004, 08:51 Raven

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Frank Costanza (played by Jerry Stiller) shows the aluminum pole his family has used in past Festivus celebrations to Jerry Seinfeld (played by himself)Festivus is a nondenominational holiday from Seinfeld, a popular American television sitcom of the 1990s. It featured on episode number 166 of the show, entitled The Strike, which first aired on 18 December 1997. Many fans of Seinfeld now celebrate the fictional holiday in real life.

Festivus is celebrated each year on December 23. Its slogan is "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

The character Frank Costanza (played by Jerry Stiller) created it as an alternative holiday in response to the commercialization of Christmas. He explained its origins during the episode to the character Cosmo Kramer (played by Michael Richards), as seen in the following dialogue:

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born . . . a Festivus for the rest of us!
Cosmo Kramer: That must've been some doll.
Frank Costanza: She was!
In the episode, Kramer had become interested in resurrecting the holiday after hearing the plight of his friend—Frank Costanza's son—George, who used the holiday celebration he hated in his youth as a defensive excuse to his employer, Kruger (played by Daniel Von Bargen). George had been confronted by Kruger after handing out cards for Christmas to his fellow employees stating a donation had been made to a fake charity called The Human Fund in lieu of exchanging Christmas presents. George defended himself saying that he feared persecution for his beliefs, for not celebrating Christmas. Calling his bluff, Kruger came home with George to see Festivus in action.

The Festivus idea came to the show through writer Daniel O'Keefe. His father, Dan O'Keefe, had invented a Festivus holiday in 1966.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Shadow Vault
4. Re: Please mum Dec 22, 2004, 18:06 Raven

"non-stop turn based action"

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
5. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 10:10 Raven

No load time improvements:

IMPROVING GAME PERFORMANCE
Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed.

If these are not the causes of any performance problems you are experiencing, we recommend that you try some or all of the following suggestions.
· Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32-bit True Color and play the game at that resolution.
· Shut down all background applications.
· Disable any anti-virus software you are running.

1. 1954 PC Nov 22, 2004, 09:06 Raven

No, it was the lack of pr0n that gave it away.

5. Re: 1954 PC Concept Nov 21, 2004, 13:30 Raven

Congratulations on the Fake Image of the Day.

And happy DS day too!

314 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo