Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 23, 2009, 22:56 theAntiELVIS

Oh, damn - and I just sent this as a news item.

MEDIC! NEW GLASSES!

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Bees Mar 22, 2009, 16:41 theAntiELVIS

They aren't dead - they've just taken advantage of the current low airfares to vacation in Cancun.

-tAE-

News Comments > Wolfenstein Trailer
37. Re: Wolfenstein Trailer Mar 22, 2009, 08:27 theAntiELVIS

It's always had the occult elements - thats what the whole game concept is about.

I want this so bad I can't wear pants right now.....

-tAE-

9. Re: Does Dark Energy Really Exist? Mar 21, 2009, 16:33 theAntiELVIS

Yes - and it comes out of my butt.

-tAE-

News Comments > BioShock 2 Simultaneous Release Planned
5. Re: BioShock 2 Simultaneous Release Planned Mar 21, 2009, 00:33 theAntiELVIS

Ummmm....simultaneous release....

-tAE-

3. Re: Sexual Innuendo Mar 17, 2009, 02:51 theAntiELVIS

I'll never forget the first time I inserted the life extending unit into a robot woman's back port. It was much too big, and I had to really cram it in there, even using a shoe horn at one point, and some WD40. But in the end it was worth it.

Three months later she found someone with a smaller unit, but a good paying job - so I guess things worked-out for her. Still, you never forget that first time using the old life extending unit - no matter how many times you've inserted it since.

-tAE-

1. Re: Best of the Breast Mar 15, 2009, 15:16 theAntiELVIS

Not only are they gigantic rubber boobs, but they're on a cart being drawn by an ox that's been painted red and yellow. And they are being propped-up by large tires. There's just too much here to consider.

Glad I'm not the guy walking behind the ox.

-tAE-

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2009, 12:41 theAntiELVIS

YES! Forsaken! Thank you. Terrible game based on another terrible game.

Great artwork on the box and ads, though. I mean they obviously couldn't use any in-game images....

-tAE-

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2009, 03:14 theAntiELVIS

The coolest game cover ever was for umm...ummm...damn, I can't remember the name of it. A terrible game, but a great cover. It was this woman's face, and a tattoo of thorns around a broken heart. Damn, what was that lousy game called?  

News Comments > AMD to Buy ATI
27. Re: FoxConn Jul 24, 2006, 12:35 theAntiELVIS

Marketing people would never let this happen. It is only in their interest to keep the 18-month turnaround on GPUs going. Even if it makes great engineering and production sense, linking GPU to CPU would translate to fewer units sold over longer periods of time. The lifeblood of the GPU industry is the ability to hawk new chips every year, and new boards every six months.

Don't be surprised if AMD breaks-off the graphics side of ATI into a separate company. They're after engineering tech and motherboards here. And selling the GPU side of things would help pay for the aquisition.

-tAE-

6. MY GOD! Jun 5, 2006, 02:01 theAntiELVIS

I no longer have email and I'm stuck with satellite Internet so I can no longer play CoD and I think it's possibly going to make my head or even my scrotum explode!

Oh. Wait. That's obviously impossible. But it still sucks!

-tAE-

46. Get well 2! Feb 7, 2006, 01:24 theAntiELVIS

I don't know what is up with Walter, but here's hoping everything is okay with him and his family. For those who don't know 2 is pretty-much the premier Web designer out there - responsible for the Blue's logo, Levelord's site design, and many others.

-tAE-

News Comments > Into the Black
8. How they do it Feb 7, 2006, 01:09 theAntiELVIS

Alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

-tAE-

News Comments > GUN Backfires
58. Damn history! Feb 1, 2006, 20:48 theAntiELVIS

All those things actually happened in the 18th and 19th centuries. Also the Native Americans actually slaughtered each other, indulged themselves in torture and the burning of captives as a form of entertainment, and used the tactic of slaughtering their enemy's children to deny them a new generation of warriors.

What the whites did to the natives was deplorable. What the natives did to each other and to the whites was deplorable, too.

Attempting to gain equality and justice in contemporary society is an honorable and laudable goal. Attempting to revise history to suit your agenda is not.

Now, the only real question is: do we want our entertainment to use these historical barbarities as fodder for a plot line? My feeling is that is a personal choice. Using censorship to enforce a personal choice or a political agenda, however, is outright social EVIL.

Decry games like GUN all you want - but organize a boycott? First of all, you will fail because the majority of people won't take part. Second you are attempting to engage in social/political censorship. This is all fine in the case of, say, boycotting the importation of goods from a nation with whom we are at war, or of a corporation or industry that is doing actual physical harm to people.

But this is a fantasy representation of an historical period. NO ONE IS ACTUALLY BEING KILLED! Get some perspective. It's no different than the whole Dan Quale/Murphy Brown fiasco.

-tAE-

News Comments > Tesseraction versus DreamCatcher
14. Are there ... any honest publishers Feb 1, 2006, 20:28 theAntiELVIS

No.

Publishing is an industry based on exploiting those who produce products, while protecting exclusivity with distribution channels and retail outlets in an attempt to stifle competition.

I'll say it again: it's all about the box. Once the box goes, publishers will go. Getting the entire world hooked into broadband tech will accomplish this. When self-publishing becomes viable because distribution is essentially effortless, a renaissance in ALL forms of media will take place. Competition will be between producers of media, not salespeople.

I'm surprised something like EBay for game studios hasn't happened - a single place where media producers can sell their wares using electronic distribution, and the distributor takes a small percentage cut per unit.

It would kill the likes of Ubisoft in a very short time - especially if the median price for an A-grade title is about $20. and the producer keeps 90% of it!

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 20:30.

22. Re: 1984 Computer Show Dec 7, 2005, 03:23 theAntiELVIS

I remember we used to live to see this show - it was the highlight of the week! The next day everyone would be talking about what was on. And of course waiting to see if Stuart Chieffet's head was going to finally pop off was the icing on the cake. He had this strange way of sort of rotating his head as he talked....you just had to see it.

Man those were the (mostly 8-bit and 16-bit) days!

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 03:24.

15. Prisoner re-make Nov 20, 2005, 21:33 theAntiELVIS

My first impulse was to buy a handgun and a plane ticket to England....

-tAE-

23. But would he say... Nov 7, 2005, 17:48 theAntiELVIS

"You've got spam!"

"Please wait until Hell freezes over for your file to clear our firewalls"

"AOL licks my butt"

"We've just sent you another recruiting CD even though you're currently a member!"

"If you ever try to uninstall our software again giant killer robots will be sent to your house!"

"You have entered a Super Premium area - please hook-up the AOL blood-drawing IV to continue!"

"Goodbye...except our software is still lurking in the background on your computer, recording keystrokes!"

-tAE-

38. Re: Angry Gamer Oct 10, 2005, 18:13 theAntiELVIS

This stuff is disturbing. It's why I won't use Ventrilo or Team Speak, because who wants to listen to people like this?

It reminds me of guys I've known who get that worked-up over football - when their team loses they beat their wives and kids.

Let's just hope this guy never gets a drivers license....

-tAE-

News Comments > DNF in December?
42. It's for real Oct 5, 2005, 04:24 theAntiELVIS

It IS coming out December 2 2005 - in an alternate universe where Daikatana was a huge best seller, and where Cliffy B. isn't gay.

-tAE-

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo