Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Attack of the Clones Announced
4. Seems appropriate Aug 6, 2001, 15:40 theAntiELVIS

Considering it's the fifth movie in the series, and that's four too many.

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Eggheads! Aug 4, 2001, 02:18 theAntiELVIS

Wow! I just checked out that completely pretentious "peer reviewed" academic journal!

What a fucking waste of time!

I asked them if they got a grant.

-tAE-

News Comments > etc.
7. What a great idea! Aug 3, 2001, 18:54 theAntiELVIS

A game about killing Australian security guards!

The only thing that would sell better was a game that featured killing Australian journalists!

Strange, where these ideas can come from, isn't it?

Let's call it "Kangaroo Court"!

-tAE-

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Poul and Pohl Aug 3, 2001, 17:38 theAntiELVIS

It's easy to tell them apart. Fred Pohl is about a foot taller.

And to the author of "Tau Zero" and "The Broken Sword" and dozens of others - we love ya, man!

When giants fall, we see how big they were, and for us, how small.

-tAE-

News Comments > Parkan: Iron Strategy Movie
4. Parking? Aug 2, 2001, 21:15 theAntiELVIS

It's a game about parking? What?

-tAE-

16. I hate my MTV! Aug 1, 2001, 16:20 theAntiELVIS

When MTV started I was playing in a living-room band, and I wrote a song called "If Hitler Was Me" - most of the verses had something to do with the MTV "VJs" - like:

If Hitler was me, he'd watch MTV
And get boner action when he sees J.J. Jackson

When I sang this, I wore a rubber Ronald Reagan mask.

So, as you can see, it hasn't been a completely wasted 20 years, culturally.

-tAE-

P.S.: My favorite lyric substitution is the word's "fuck", "head" and "dick" for the word "love" - try it sometime:

"...you give head a bad name"

"And I will always fuck you...."

"My dick is a red red rose..."

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 16:24.

News Comments > Jumpgate Q&A
8. Re: Loony may have missed this... Jul 31, 2001, 16:52 theAntiELVIS

Nothing worse than a reasonable person!

Where are the pitchforks and torches? Let's get a mob together and lynch him!

-tAE-

News Comments > Majestic Goes Live
4. Subscription games are evil Jul 31, 2001, 16:03 theAntiELVIS

If this crap succeeds, all games will go to the subscription model, and we'll be paying through the nose for the rest of our damned lives.

Don't do it!

You'll pay ten bucks for this game, and for that game, and for every damned game! And still have to buy half of them on CD first!

We are becoming herd animals.

-tAE-

News Comments > Jumpgate Q&A
6. Bad move Jul 31, 2001, 15:58 theAntiELVIS

He should buy the felt pen now

News Comments > Editing Stuff
1. Brian Jones? Jul 31, 2001, 13:56 theAntiELVIS

Didn't he drown in the 1960s? I am personally of the belief that Mick held his head under.

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 13:56.

4. Spacewar Jul 31, 2001, 13:50 theAntiELVIS

In the late 1970s, a friend at Cal Berkeley's CompSci department stole The Key to The Closet.

In The Closet, a tiny room that would just fit two people, was a huge vector graphics termnal, and on it was the original Spacewar

It was a incredible! It took all the power of an IBM 360 to run it (which is why it was locked away).Little ships made of green lines scrolled across the screen, firing at each other, and when you hit one it broke apart into little floating lines.

I was hooked for life.

-tAE-

News Comments > Contest Winners Announced
2. Re: return of the tiny print!!!!! Jul 30, 2001, 18:34 theAntiELVIS

Update the Mailbag? Keep dreaming. The last time they updated the mailbag, someone else was president. The last time they updated the mailbag, people still knew where Chandra Levy was. The last time they updated the Mailbag, which was around eleven months ago, by the way, the economy didn't suck.

Update the Mailbag...stop it man, you're killing me.

-tAE-

38. The integrity argument is bogus Jul 27, 2001, 19:19 theAntiELVIS

What are these guys going to do - start saying how great crappy games are in the OOTB or FOTL sections?

"Daikatana is the greatest game I've ever played!"

That would happen about twice before we'd stop listening. I think Blue, loon, and Frans are a bit smarter than that.

Besides, about the only time you see an endorsement is Saturday mornings when loony goes on about those awful console games he plays - and no one takes that seriously.

It just isn't an argument. That kind of content is rare on the site, it's always plainly personal opinion. And getting slick with it would fool us for about 60 seconds - so it ain't gonna happen.

As the game industry has grown the amount of commercial news on the site has increased - plain evolutionary stuff. Corporate sponsorship and more advertising are the next evolutionary step.

It's like deathmatch - if you stand still you die. Like my previous post said, the main concern is that the amount of amateur news will diminish. That would hurt the site.

-tAE-

37. Let's talk power Jul 27, 2001, 19:03 theAntiELVIS

Go for the corporate sponsorship-thing. The developers and publishers have been getting a free ride here for years. Let's face it, there is a BIG difference between Blue's News and a mainstream news site. Blue's is about an industry, and as such is essentially providing advertising (of a sort) in many of its items. And if an item about a pro shop or game isn't advertising, it's providing a mass communication channel from the biz to the consumer.

Free.

Now having said that, we need to look at all the non-pro items the site runs. If sponsorship endangers this coverage, that's bad. Because the flip-side is the site provides that same "advertising" and communication channel for the amateurs. That's a great service provided to the community, and that's half the reason to read the site.

I say let the corporate types subsidize the amateur items this way - that's good. Just as long as the balance is kept.

-tAE-

News Comments > Tron: The Game Revealed
12. Oh - my - GOD! Jul 27, 2001, 16:13 theAntiELVIS

YES!
Saw the original movie when it came out. I actually BOUGHT a DVD player to watch it a few years back (boy, did that start a habit!) - I was looking for it on VHS, but all I could find was a DVD copy on Amazon.

Hell! I think I'll pop it in the player right now!

Does anyone remember the old coin-op game?

-tAE-

79. Re: Nope, I'm not a supporter... Jul 26, 2001, 16:28 theAntiELVIS

Right. I won't post the URL here because I don't want to use these boards as a shill, but even my stupid little site costs money. The server, the software, and most of all the time (which is of course money - I could be doing a part-time job contract programming).

That little site costs about $300/month to maintain, not counting my time.

Now Blue's is a much bigger deal than my place, and offers a lot more, plus it has to be updated constantly, and these guys have to make phone calls, take trips to events, etc.

It's a lot more than just typing some damned HTML every few hours.

I sent Blue an email suggesting he take the route of the mainstream news sites - break the site up into multiple pages - into sections - and create more ad space that way. I think that is an equitable and somewhat traditional method - what do you guys think?

Blue's News is obviously a professional enterprise. It may have started as a hobby/part-time thing, but so did Hewlet-Packard. The economy is tough all around - they have to do what a business has to do to stay in business.

In fact, I think it's pretty darn nice of 'em to let us give them our input like this. Maybe that's what leads to the perception of it being a "community site". They're nice guys.

Nice guys have to eat, too. More ads!

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 16:31.

58. Run more ads Jul 26, 2001, 13:46 theAntiELVIS

Run all you can. Embed in individual new items. Pop-up windows all over the place. Go fo it!

Any complaints about this are idiotic. We live in the real world. If we want Blue's to continue with the level of service they have always provided, this is a consequence of living in the real world.

Subscription deals don't work. Most pwople don't pay, and it's an administrative nightmare for the operator. I say stay away from that.

It's not like it's television, where you have no choices. Just click the damn things off, you don't even have to read it, and Blue gets to continue living life in his living room in his underwear.

And we continue to get the best damn site on the Web!

Now everyone shut the fuck up and go post messages about what an asshole Romero is! That's what these boards are FOR! Talking about what a jerk Romero is. That's why they exist. I'm sure of it.

-tAE-

News Comments > Sirtech Q&A
1. Where are the weasels? Jul 26, 2001, 13:33 theAntiELVIS

This guy just admitted he's desperate! Where are the slimey game publishers who will now take him for a ride because they know he'll make almost any deal he can?

They have the opportunity to take advantage of SirTech here - thay can pay them just enough to survive, make a bad royalty deal, and then watch them go under after the games are released!

I can't believe any self-respecting publisher wouldn't jump at the chance to screw someone over this way! It's what they live for!

-tAE-

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Zorro! Jul 26, 2001, 13:28 theAntiELVIS

Yes yes yes!

C'mon - where's the enthusiasm? This is as close as we're gonna get to a 3D Western, here!

Zorro is totally cool. He dresses cool, he drinks and smokes, and he knocks zapatas with almost every senorita he meets!

This guy could kick Duke's ass, Max Payne's ass, and Serious Sam's ass all at the same time!

And he's rich, besides! Zorro RULES!

-tAE-

News Comments > Romero, Hall Leave ION
120. Christ on a bicycle Jul 25, 2001, 15:50 theAntiELVIS

How the Hell do you go from Romero to religion?

Well, he does thnk he's God...:)

-tAE-

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo