Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > CPL: Winners Must Go Corporate
17. Translation Aug 22, 2002, 18:02 theAntiELVIS

We're tired of dealing with kids.

I've always considered the idea of gaming being a "sport" as completely stupid. This idea is even dumber. And now, as a "business", you are subject to a completely different tax situation.

Angel Munoz has been smoking too much crack.

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. RE: The Clash Aug 22, 2002, 17:53 theAntiELVIS

Idealism rarely survives youth.

I look back on my own days of radical ideals with a certain amount of romanticism. Back then something as simple as a VCR was a symbol of yuppie greed.

These days I have a DVD collection worth the GNP of many small nations.

Youth needs something to rebel against to justify its self-indulgence. With age comes the wisdom that self-indulgence is an end unto itself. It has something to do with realizing that you are in fact going to die, and all that posturing was fairly pointless.

-tAE-

32. Won't accomplish anything Aug 21, 2002, 17:20 theAntiELVIS

The malicious trolls will just use phony email addresses.

They are the TKers of forums - psychologically damaged kiddies who simply can't enjoy themselves unless they are ensuring others AREN'T enjoying themselves. These are the people who torture pets, and grow up to become child molesters and cannibals. They are the people who go to Stile Project to see the autopsy photos.

The only way to deal with them is to herd them into camps...

-tAE-

5. Rumors of my death... Aug 16, 2002, 10:50 theAntiELVIS

...have not been exaggerated at all.

-tAE-

News Comments > Delays and Rumors of Delays
6. Re: Strange Aug 12, 2002, 18:09 theAntiELVIS

Nope - that was just a rumor. It's back to the previously reported "sometime after the next ice age".

-tAE-

21. Re: America? how predictable.. Aug 12, 2002, 03:19 theAntiELVIS

Hey, if you Brits want to lay claim to this shame, go for it!

It was so low-brow I just figure it must be American. But then, we "Americans" are so arrogant we've claimed a name that should actually apply to Canada, the U.S., Central and South America.

-tAE-

News Comments > DOOM III Q&A & Tidbits
40. "It's always nice to do something fresh" Aug 12, 2002, 03:15 theAntiELVIS

What? It's called Doom THREE!!!

"Fresh" would involve going somewhere near a new idea.

Sure it might turn-out to be a great game, although history would seem to prove that id's engines get used by other companies to make really great games.

-tAE-

10. It must be American Aug 11, 2002, 18:08 theAntiELVIS

Because only Americans would find it funny.

It was hilarious for about 30 seconds, until you start thinking "this isn't actually a slur against blacks - it's a slur against Asians."

But mostly, it seems to be making fun of Japanese television, which is only rivaled for utter stupidity by Mexican television. Well, pretty-much ALL Latin American television.

Remember, they were the people who inflicted Xusa on us.

-tAE-

8. Re: Time Travel Fraud Aug 10, 2002, 17:32 theAntiELVIS

It's even older than HHG. I remember reading something similar when I was kid in the 1960s. Probably in some SF magazine.

-tAE-

17. Re: Now for something completely nerdy Aug 7, 2002, 17:44 theAntiELVIS

To #13:

Thanks. For proving my point, that is. Not for like living and breathing, you anonymous twerp.

For example, anyone with half a brain would realize "theAntiELVIS" is a play on "the Anti-Christ", making fun of those idiots who worship Elvis. It was also given to me years and years ago, before computer games, or even the Internet, existed.

Also thanks for proving my point that anonymous posters are spineless chickenshits. You can make fun of MY name, while avoiding such a thing by hiding your own. So I'll give you one: Dickless.

Now, put away your crayons and get back to learning to read and write.

-tAE-

5. Re: Now for something completely different.. Aug 7, 2002, 12:20 theAntiELVIS

I used to feel the same way about anonymous posts, but I've changed my mind for the following reasons:

Whenever I feel particularly down on myself, or depressed, I can read anonymous posts and think wow, could be worse, I could be that idiot.

Statistics. We can track the moron-to-normal person ratio via anonymous posts. Interestingly, the numbers match the team killer-to-actual player ratio in Soldier of Fortune 2 multiplayer.

Liberty. Just as the U.S. is a land where anyone, regardless of race, creed, or national origin, can come to live, Blue's forums are a place where anyone, regardless of intelligence (or lack thereof) can speak freely.

Fairness. We shouldn't discriminate against the mentally challenged, or those too spineless to post their name and email address. Even the stupid and gutless have rights.

So, as you can see, there are good reasons to allow anonymous posts to continue.

-tAE-

News Comments > PC Two Towers Cancelled?
10. It's true - no rumor Aug 6, 2002, 13:22 theAntiELVIS

An unimpeachable source at Ritual tells me, yeah, they were doing it, and yeah, it's dead.

And the Tribesmen don't seem that unhappy about it.

SiN 2! I want SiN2!

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 13:23.

6. Tribes...tribes... Aug 4, 2002, 14:05 theAntiELVIS

That was like a game or something, right?

All kidding aside, it sounds like they are jamming content they have lying around into an old engine in an attempt to make a buck off what was going to be a real loser.

They should either shit or get off the pot. Make a game, or release an expansion. And call it what it is.

Personally I couldn't stand this game in any of its incarnations. Why won't they just LET IT DIE?

-tAE-

News Comments > DOOM III Screenshots
42. Who gives a fuck how it looks Jul 30, 2002, 21:55 theAntiELVIS

How the fuck does it play?

-tAE-

News Comments > JA2: Gold Pack & More From Strategy First
1. Excellent stuff Jul 26, 2002, 22:59 theAntiELVIS

One of the best role-playing strategy games ever done.

-tAE-

22. Women... Jul 24, 2002, 03:49 theAntiELVIS

...can't live with 'em, can't leave 'em at the kerb when you're done with them.

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 03:50.

38. Re: It's a cat, man Jul 22, 2002, 01:11 theAntiELVIS

You've got to wonder:

If I had said something disparaging about..oh, say...women, or minorities (just that word is demeaning), or the handicapped, would there have been as much response?

I still think cats are brainless, but there is no denying their power over the human psyche.

-tAE-

26. Re: It's a cat, man Jul 21, 2002, 16:39 theAntiELVIS

Nah - it was Kliban. He had an entire book of cat cartoons. My favorites were titled "Flat cat in a slat vat", and another that had a little French kid pointing at bubbles rising from a pond saying "quatre cinque!" - or however that's spelled.

-tAE-

25. Re: It's a cat, man Jul 21, 2002, 16:36 theAntiELVIS

I've had five. Three of them at the same time. I never said I didn't like them. I said they are brainless. And they are. People just project themselves onto animals.

-tAE-

News Comments > Game Development & Mods
1. Redundancy Jul 21, 2002, 11:45 theAntiELVIS

It's always better to illustrate the points being made than it is to illustrate those not being made.

-tAE-

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo