Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. No subject Aug 21, 2004, 14:42 theAntiELVIS

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 14:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warner Bros. Buys Monolith
46. AOL: You've Got A Mail Bomb Aug 12, 2004, 20:33 theAntiELVIS

This is the new Monolith project: a first-person-shooter in which you hunt down Steve Case and try to get his Warner stock back.

Kiss 'em goodbye. Warner has a proven track record of having No Clue(tm) when it comes to digital media. They also have a history of being unable to resist the urge to mess with the companies they assimilate.

The real interesting question now that Monolith has it's own monument in the acquisition cemetery in Warner's back yard is what will Jason Hall do next?

-tAE-

News Comments > Damage Studios Defunct
3. Saturated Market Aug 11, 2004, 05:18 theAntiELVIS

There are just too many of these things in development. When you consider the cost of making and maintaining them, unless you have a name franchise the decision to make a MMORPG is generally the kiss of death.

-tAE-

News Comments > DOOM 3 on Win98/ME
47. Old OS Support Issues Aug 6, 2004, 02:18 theAntiELVIS

If you don't test on it, you can't say you support it. No one does QA testing on 98/ME anymore. You only have so much time and money, only so many machines in your test labs.

Since MS no longer supports them, no third party is going to either.

This doesn't mean apps won't WORK under 98/ME - just that no one will guarantee they do. And if you call support, they probably won't spend time helping you - there's only so many people on the phones and so much money to spend there, too.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Hardware Guide
82. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2004, 07:49 theAntiELVIS

When DOOM 3 was first announced I said I thought they had no creativity left since Romero was shit-canned.

And they don't. They have gone from re-making Quake over and over to re-making ALL of their games over and over.

But, having said that, they still make good games - just not based on any new ideas. If you are a 3D eye-candy junkie like I am, they are the gods of this stuff.

But they just haven't had a new concept in years and years. That's why American McGee left. As first-person-shooter makers they are at or near the top of the heap. As innovative game makers they are near the bottom. It's 90% tech and only 10% gameplay.

I'll buy DOOM 3 to ooh and ahhh over the top-notch graphics. But I'm not ecpecting to see anything new in there. id doesn't do new - they recycle Romero's old designs into new technology packages.

Say what you will about Romero's huge fat bloated ego, he was the only id guy with an idea.

-tAE-

News Comments > New DirectX
11. No Release Notes Jul 30, 2004, 07:35 theAntiELVIS

What bothers me about this release is NOWHERE on the site is there any description of what the changes are.

Anyway I installed it and can't see any difference. I imagine it's mostly plugging holes in DirectPlay networking stuff. But as a DirectX developer I'd really like to KNOW what this update involves....

-tAE-

65. Connery IS Bond Jul 29, 2004, 14:38 theAntiELVIS

>>Brosnan is effeminate. He looks like the guys at the gay part of town here<<

...and what are you doing hanging-out in the gay part of town?

No, actually I agree with you. Connery is Bond! "Dr. No" is the best film, IMO. You'll never see Brosnan slap a woman around to get information out of her.

And the Connery films have that 1960s Cold War cachet. Roger Moore was awful, Brosnan is a pansy, Lazenby was a chunk of wood. Dalton was good, but the movies weren't (except the one where he's in Afghanistan - which one was that?)

In order of greatness:
"Dr. No", "Thunderball", "Goldfinger", "You Only Live Twice", "From Russia With Love"

Best Bond Girl: Ursula Andress

Best Bond villian: Dr. No

63. Re: system specs Jul 29, 2004, 14:24 theAntiELVIS

>>How long until we see an under $200, 256 meg, 12+ pipelines card?<<

Usually about a week after you spend $400 on one...

-tAE-

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
78. Win Ninety What? Jul 28, 2004, 01:22 theAntiELVIS

I can just hear the "What!?! I'm not upgrading and lose [insert crap 16-bit application they pirated 5 years ago here]!" stuff now!

I went to XP as soon as it came out - and I don't regret not having seen the BSOD since. XP rules! I now consider all previous versions of Windows to have been beta product.

Soon they will announce it won't run on a Voodoo 2 - imagine the bitching you'll hear then!

News Comments > The Moment of Silence Announced
1. House of Tail? Jul 23, 2004, 14:02 theAntiELVIS

What?

News Comments > DOOM 3 Requirements
122. Re: Upgrade for Doom 3 release. Jul 20, 2004, 17:36 theAntiELVIS

>>mac<<

gasping...for...breath...laughing...so...hard...

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 17:37.

117. Re: Whatever! Jul 20, 2004, 17:16 theAntiELVIS

Multiplayer is co-op

58. Biz People Lie Jul 20, 2004, 13:18 theAntiELVIS

It's always been my experience that the technical people give the biz people the min. spec, and the biz people then cut it down because they think they can sell more units that way. This is short-sighted of them, because nothing turns people off to a company like plunking down money on something they can't use. Then they badmouth it or at least never buy from that company again.

If it really runs on a GEForce3, then the shader language must be 1.0 (or they have a 1.0 code path at least). But I'll bet with the minimum system it runs like total crap.

Still, the specs given are about the min. you could run Quake 3 on with most goodies cranked-up. I imagine it will be comparable to the Far Cry experience: yes it runs, no it isn't actually playable.

I'm gonna wait for the demo to check it out. I can't get new hardware right now, and I'm not going to get burned by actually believing a biz person's specs....

-tAE-

News Comments > Port Royale 2 to Dock in N.A.
4. Letter of Marquee? Jul 8, 2004, 17:09 theAntiELVIS

So it's what, like a giant red "L" taken off of a movie theater?

News Comments > Competitions - DOOM 3 at QuakeCon
14. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2004, 14:04 theAntiELVIS

No slack...guess you have to die.

News Comments > Competitions - DOOM 3 at QuakeCon
12. July 27th Jul 6, 2004, 14:03 theAntiELVIS

That's when they are saying at the local Software Etc. No way I'll have a new graphics card by then though...sniff...

-tAE-

News Comments > Taldren Closed
15. Re: ooh Jun 24, 2004, 15:03 theAntiELVIS

"A myth-themed MMORPG! I can't wait."

Yes. This one is based on the myth that everyone on Earth is breathlessly awaiting another boring MMORPG(XYZWQVT...).

News Comments > Warhammer Online Cancelled
6. What? Jun 21, 2004, 13:34 theAntiELVIS

No saving throw? Or was that a +5 Budget Cut Of Doom they came up against?

News Comments > Gates of Troy Stolen, Delayed
4. Geniuses Jun 18, 2004, 14:55 theAntiELVIS

"It is hoped that it was a random attack and the thieves do not realise what they have"

They probably do now........

News Comments > Shellshock: Nam '67 Gold and Delayed
13. How did this smoke get up my ass? Jun 17, 2004, 16:04 theAntiELVIS

What a crock of shit. Since when has Summer been a bad time to sell anything that is primarily aimed at the under-30 market? I guess that's why all those big action movie blockbusters never come out in the Summer?

This is what happens when an industry becomes bloated and corrupt. When someone drops the ball, absconds with the funds, or there's a corporate power struggle underway, they have to find some insanely lame reasoning why.

Take the game industry back - support small, independent game developers and let the mega-scumbags starve to death.

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo