Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Voodoo 2 Patch
24. Re: What the... Nov 15, 2004, 15:03 theAntiELVIS

More like Quake itself - Q2 would have better lighting LOL!

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 15:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Tries to Get DICEier
23. Success = Death Nov 15, 2004, 14:58 theAntiELVIS

Apparently even if you make best sellers you are still subject to take-overs. Either it's because publishers like EA have a stranglehold on you through their satanic contracts, or because the other owners/controllers of the company are greedy and don't care about the company's future, or both.

Can you imagine this kind of thing happening in the book publishing world? You write a million-seller and the publisher ends-up owning some percentage of your life?

It's the money what does it - the massive amounts of money it takes to produce an "A" title. Just as in politics it breeds avarice and corruption.

And it's our fault for demanding ever-greater production values (generally at the expense of substance - look at BF: Vietnam), and then plunking-down the cash for pretty, empty games. So the publishers want more pretty, empty games. The last really substantial gaming experience in the FPS genre was "Call of Duty". Look at what a very pretty but very boring experience "Doom 3" was....and that sucker cost a BUTTLOAD of money to make.

-tAE-

News Comments > Competitions - id Tattoo Hunt
17. For Hollenshead's autograph? Oct 19, 2004, 17:54 theAntiELVIS

Maybe for Carmack's. I mean, I wouldn't, even then. My feeling is that tattoos are for people who have no sense of the approaching future. You ever seen a tattoo on an old person? Check-out the ones on some of those 80-year-old WWII vets - uggh! But for the motherless, souless biz guy's autograph I wouldn't get one that washes off.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gold
63. No - wait.... Oct 18, 2004, 15:22 theAntiELVIS

The factory with all the CDs in it just burned down...

-tAE-

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: cunningstunt Oct 17, 2004, 16:43 theAntiELVIS

>>Someone please explain that cunningstunt video.<<

People like to say "oooooooooooh", but they like to see someone else say "owwwwwwwwwww" even more.

It IS an effect - if he had actually been hit he wouldn't have stayed upright and gone along with the car. His crushed and mangled body would have bounced over the hood or under the wheels.

50. Max Faget Oct 11, 2004, 19:30 theAntiELVIS

Butthead: "That dude's name is Faget"
Beavis: "Heh heh - faget's rule - heh heh"

-------------

Sorry - it had to be done....

-tAE-

75. Ummm...Zardoz Oct 7, 2004, 20:05 theAntiELVIS

I've wanted a copy of this movie for years. Maybe someday on DVD. It's totally weird, and features a young Charlotte Rampling - how can that be bad?

-tAE-

30. Quakecast Golden Oldies Sep 27, 2004, 18:04 theAntiELVIS

I'd like to get my hands on the show where the Guys interviewed Levelord, and he was smoking dope through the whole thing. It was hysterical. They would ask a question, and then there was this loooooong pause, and a mighty exhalation, and then Levelord would answer, or maybe ask "what was the question?". I think it may have been the only interview I ever heard where bong bubbles were an integral part of the proceedings.

I used to have a web site where I would post a synopsis of just how terribly awful each show was, and give it a rating in dead rats. That was the only show that got only one dead rat (it hardly stank at all).

Another real winner was another Levelord interview, this time in person, and some genius decided the camera should be down on the floor, so we got 30 minutes of looking at everyone's crotch and up their noses. A classic.

Blue, if you could get a file of that first Levelord show, please post it, I'd love to have a copy.

-tAE-

News Comments > DNF Gets Physical
85. Now watch.... Sep 27, 2004, 17:54 theAntiELVIS

...when and if DNF is released, it will have about 10 hours of gameplay. I would hope that a game that has been in development since the invention of the abacus (that was the original target platform) would have somewhere around 6-to-8 years of gameplay, and come on about 75 CDs.

If there is any justice, it will also be free - we've already paid for it in all these vaporware announcements we've been subjected to.

-tAE-

News Comments > DNF Gets Physical
82. Re: DNF...what a joke Sep 27, 2004, 17:48 theAntiELVIS

>>Why would anyone NOT want a game that someone put that much time, money and effort into?<<

You mean like with "Daikatana"?

Actually this announcement probably means two things: First, the game could be very nearly done and they just thought the physics engine wasn't up to the quality of the rest of the game, so they have made this change; and Two, 3DR has probably bought a chunk of Meqon, and are getting the thing for free, and want to hype it.

The main thing with a game that has been in development since right after the Earth cooled is that no matter what they do it will never live up to the hype and expectations. Even if DNF is released sometime after we all evolve into a higher life form, and is the best game ever made, and sells more copies than any other game ever has, it will be a flop. At this point people are going to expect something that actually changes their life and civilization in some meaningful way, like Christianity or Islam or Buddhism did.

If Broussard and his bunch are really smart, they stopped working on this years ago and just keep mentioning it whenever they need some media exposure. They should just keep making other stuff and use DNF as a running press release gag. Maybe they are. But there's no way DNF will ever be what we expect at this point - it would have to be a totally new form of entertainment to live up to the legend.

-tAE-

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. You can't go where you want to go today Sep 26, 2004, 17:15 theAntiELVIS

...comrade.

-tAE-

News Comments > Pirate Ships Ahoy - Port Royale 2
4. Bad writing Sep 23, 2004, 12:28 theAntiELVIS

That has to be one of the most poorly written press releases I have ever seen. Aside from the incomplete sentences, horrid syntax, and terrible use of punctuation, one would expect makers of a pirate game to know it's "letter of marque", not "marquee" (which is the sign on a movie theater).

Hopefully the game is of better quality.

-tAE-

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
17. Hmmm, who to root for? Sep 20, 2004, 12:13 theAntiELVIS

Valve or Vivendi...Hitler or Stalin...tough one.

-tAE-

34. Re: Human genome Sep 16, 2004, 16:20 theAntiELVIS

Cancer-schmancer - I want that 10-foot long schlong! Someday we'll all have a full head of thick luxuriant hair, huge penises for men and giant breasts for women, have big bulging muscles and zero-percent body fat, a permanent tan (but everyone will be "white"), and abundant self-esteem because of our shallow physical perfection.

Of course, at the same time we will be hopelessly sociologically and psychologically damaged, completely uneducated, and be eaten alive by cancer and horrible neurological diseases. Because there's no money in dealing with any of that stuff. And it's tough to put together a sexy marketing campaign for a cure for cancer.

Given the choice of looking good and having great, long duration empty sex, or living longer, most people would say "screw living longer - I want to keep a hardon for six-to-eight hours".

But the MAIN reason the genome will be developed and exploited is BRAINLESS MUTANT SOLDIERS WITH NO SELF-AWARENESS. Politicians will like the idea of having a massive military force to wield for their own corrupt ends, without ever having to resort to a draft (which might hurt re-election chances). BRAINLESS MUTANT SOLDIERS WITH NO SELF-AWARENESS are on the way!

-tAE-

2. Genesis Impact Sep 11, 2004, 15:28 theAntiELVIS

Microsoft should hire whoever designed this capsule - if only Windows could survive a crash that well....

-tAE-

News Comments > Carmack on Retirement
22. Bill Gates Has His Fingers Crossed Sep 9, 2004, 16:23 theAntiELVIS

Carmack is the Numero Uno proponent of OpenGL over DirectX. I'm sure Gates has considered having him whacked more than once....but it would be so obvious who done it.

If Carmack retires, Microsoft will have the biggest obstacle to 100 percent dominance of the graphic API market removed. And that means Apple and Linux become that much more marginalized.

-tAE-

29. Re: Image of the day Sep 7, 2004, 16:52 theAntiELVIS

Is the one on the bottom a sheep?

A few weeks ago there was a news clip of Bush at his ranch. He and Rumsfeld and Powell were standing outside being all serious about something, and Bush's dog is in the background taking a dump on the lawn....

-tAE-

News Comments > Star Trek MMORPG
45. Newer Star Trek Is Crap Sep 7, 2004, 16:41 theAntiELVIS

The original show was the only one worth a damn. Kirk would beam down to the planet, kick the crap out of all the men and impregnate all the women while Spock and McCoy watched enviously.

The new stuff is politically correct crap. Even the Klingons became "kinder and gentler". All aliens are just humans with bumps on their heads, unless they are women in leotards with impressive bra technology.

A MMORPG in the Star Trek universe would have to involve the major plot line of the original show, which is that space is jam-packed with super-aliens who want to "test" humans to see if there is a reason NOT to wipe them out.

This will be massively successful in Korea even if it sucks because Koreans will apparently play anything that involves leveling-up for weeks on end. We're talking about people who DIE at their keyboards from lack of food, water, and sleep.

However, since Nichelle Nichols in the original show was the most beautiful woman on Earth (or any other planet), if they made this using the original show I would pony-up every month just to try and get a virtual peek up her virtual miniskirt....

Please, please, PLEASE let Star Trek die! It was a nice little tv show in the 1960s that has turned into the MacDonalds of science-fiction. Once you collect the DVDs of the original show, there is nothing left to do with it. The movies suck, the new shows suck, and every Star Trek game ever made sucked.

-tAE-

20. "how actual parents manage...." Aug 21, 2004, 14:43 theAntiELVIS

"how actual parents manage to do anything but parent"

They learn to cultivate indifference.

-tAE-

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo