Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 = Lockdown
14. "Staggering realism" Dec 24, 2004, 12:54 theAntiELVIS

Staggering? Is that a Good Thing?

"Stagger stagger stagger roll...stagger stagger..."

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Puppy Dec 23, 2004, 20:50 theAntiELVIS

Don't forget to get some catsup with that puppy. Puppies without catsup just don't taste right.

My family has had a long tradition of having puppy for Christmas dinner. They don't take as long to cook as a turkey or ham, and though you do have to gut and skin them, that natural puppy flavor (no hormones!) is worth it.

I've always disdained "bought" puppies, though. The best way is use a pickup truck, a fly rod, and a hook baited with a Milk-Bone(tm). You just drive through any suburban area very slowly (like trolling for bass), and cast your line every few minutes. There's nothing for a pure rush like the sound of an excited "puppy on!" from a happy "puperman" - and you don't even have to wear waders!

And if the catch is very good, you can look forward to leftovers well into the New Year.

-tAE-

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
5. XSI: An EXTREMELY intrusive install Dec 23, 2004, 00:35 theAntiELVIS

I installed this thing a few weeks ago. It writes literally thousands of entries into your registry. If you use a registry cleaner like Norton, it sees these as being "orphaned" and wants to delete them, which in turn makes the editor crash. And when you uninstall the editor, it does not clean-up after itself.

Softimage could have done a much better job here - this thing acts like some kind of hack-job in-house software (can you say "Radiant"?), not a subset of a quality retail product.

-tAE-

News Comments > Tuesday Game Reviews
1. Gameclub Central Pirates Review Dec 21, 2004, 09:51 theAntiELVIS

A few bad inaccuracies here - the big one being:

"The ability to keep units still and pass on your movement turn in land combat is sorely lacking. And land based cannon are mentioned in the manual but apparently missing in the game, which really hamstrings the city militia."

You can keep units still and skip turns - there are three layers of controls, and you press "shift" to get the set for doing these things. You can also retreat, change unit facing, etc. You attack land-based cannon by sailing past the town's fort and hitting "space". The fort will also attack you if your relationship with the nationality is bad enough.

The author obviously didn't read the manual, and didn't catch-on to why the "shift" and "control" keys are displayed above the on-screen menu.

Also it's "Sid Meier", not "Sid Meiers". There are other inaccuracies in this review, but those are the two that bugged me the most.

I wanted to send the author an email to point this stuff out so he could edit it, but he witheld his email address from his profile on the site.

-tAE-

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 09:53.

11. Re: Scared of Santa photo gallery Dec 19, 2004, 20:55 theAntiELVIS

ROFL! Really - check it out - those kids should be scared! This page should be called "Scared of drunken smelly Santa". Number 9 looks like he's about to barf.

News Comments > Space Hack Naming
17. They missed a few countries Dec 16, 2004, 23:17 theAntiELVIS

Iraq: Space Hack: Mission Accomplished

Iran: Nuclear Space Mullah

Afghanistan: Lamb Belly Space Hat

Ukraine: Dioxin Hack

And for the states of Ohio and Florida in the U.S.: Space Hack: Recount - The Hanging Chad Squadron

News Comments > George Romero Games
18. Zombies? Dec 15, 2004, 20:44 theAntiELVIS

In a game? What will they think of next?

Whoever Hip Games are, they obviously aren't what you'd call very imaginative. This is why most licensed games suck - if they didn't have an idea of their own what to do, how can they come up with good ideas for how to do it?

-tAE-

News Comments > On the DOOM Movie
79. Translation Dec 14, 2004, 20:45 theAntiELVIS

We live in a time when fundamentalist christians are in power in Washington and so making a movie that has references to "Hell" and "demons" would be a bad move politically.

I mean this is Hollywood we're talking about here - the people who can take any good, edgy material from another medium and turn it into pasty, inoffensive crap. If they re-made "Moby Dick" today, they would have to take out the parts with harpooning the whales to avoid conflict with animal rights nuts. The whalers would be talking the whales into making small "oil donations".

I predict this movie will be crap because Hollywood is crap. All they make is crap. Look at how they made Arnold into a kinder, gentler Terminator in the sequels.

id will get their licensing money up-front, and I doubt they are crazy enough to invest in this thing. Todd H. will be laughing all the way to the bank.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Enhancer
1. No uninstall? Dec 11, 2004, 16:07 theAntiELVIS

Who do these guys think they are? Microsoft?

News Comments > Site Seeing - 25 to Life & GalCiv 2
1. That makes perfect sense Dec 11, 2004, 16:04 theAntiELVIS

So they don't want me to know about their new product unless I purchase their old product?

Seems like a good reason to purchase niether.

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
13. CAVE! Dec 4, 2004, 01:13 theAntiELVIS

Don't wanna get those fundamentalists pissed by sticking to the original storyline! Why then they'd picket the theaters and it would be all over the news - and who wants that kind of free publicity that will get people into the theaters?

-tAE-

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
12. CAVE! Dec 4, 2004, 01:13 theAntiELVIS

Don't wanna get those fundamentalists pissed by sticking to the original storyline! Why then they'd picket the theaters and it would be all over the news - and who wants that kind of free publicity that will get people into the theaters?

-tAE-

News Comments > Atari CEO Steps Down
1. "background in the music business" Dec 1, 2004, 22:02 theAntiELVIS

His first action will be to make sure none of Atari's games "work with this Internet-thing people use to steal from us".

-tAE-

News Comments > Valve Wins Cyber Café Suit
26. Re: Tough one Nov 30, 2004, 03:03 theAntiELVIS

"Like to see you back that one up"
----------------------------------

How about cutting the throat of contracted developers like Rogue?

How about re-packaging the same stuff for years on end?

How about taking those "free" mods and making you pay for them once they become popular?

How about screwing Ritual up the ass over "Condition Zero"?

And finally, how about the abortion that is Steam - which only exists on the supposition that everyone is a pirate, and as a roundabout way to deliver pop-up ads?

And I didn't say a thing about id - what makes you think I'm an id fanboy? They haven't had an original idea in ten years.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 03:05.

News Comments > Valve Wins Cyber Café Suit
15. Tough one Nov 29, 2004, 23:47 theAntiELVIS

To root for Vivendi, who are a bunch of corporate scumbags, or to root for Valve, who are the most arrogant and greedy developer on Earth...

Both were assholes here. Vivendi for wanting to make a buck off Valve's product outside the stipulations of their distribution contract. And Valve for setting a small precedent that they can control how, where, and when their software is used. Could this ultimately lead to something like Valve making a deal with HP that their games can only be played on HP hardware? Or only with ATI video cards? I don't see a good reason for that kind of limitation, but what other kind of limitations that we can't foresee might there be?

-tAE-

13. I'm thankful... Nov 25, 2004, 15:14 theAntiELVIS

...that empty, annoying b.s. like Thanksgiving and Christmas only happen once a year, which is still too often.

-tAE-

12. Re: thanks for nothing Nov 25, 2004, 15:12 theAntiELVIS

"What do you want to tell them, today?"

Duck.

-tAE-

News Comments > Civilization Sold
23. Corel bought it Nov 24, 2004, 20:14 theAntiELVIS

They're going to bundle it into Corel Perfect Office so people will have a reason to buy it.

News Comments > Sims 2 University Announced
22. If it's realistic.... Nov 21, 2004, 19:32 theAntiELVIS

...you'll be able to drop acid, lose the ability to do any work or attend classes, drop-out, bum around for ten years, and then become a computer programmer.

-tAE-

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2
255. Weather Report Nov 16, 2004, 17:38 theAntiELVIS

It's snowing in Hell....

-tAE-

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo