Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Star Trek... Feb 3, 2005, 16:43 theAntiELVIS

...was Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Just as James Bond was Sean Connery. Everything since is just bad television and bad movies.

I will miss the few times I watched Enterprise just to check-out Jolene B.'s T's, though. And of all the bad Trek shows since the original, Enterprise was the least worst (Voyager and DS9 being the worst - they were not only bad Star Trek, they were just lousy shows, period).

The original show was IT. Just get the DVDs and watch it over and over. Ignore the post-Roddenberry imitator empire.

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Monkey butt Jan 31, 2005, 01:03 theAntiELVIS

"Next, Platt and his colleagues want to see how people will perform in a similar experiment"

They want to see if humans will give up their juice to look at female monkey bottoms?

I bet the guys will....

-tAE-

13. Cow Dung Jan 29, 2005, 21:31 theAntiELVIS

The words "manure lagoon" are just too wonderful - made reading the story completely worth it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. ATI Jan 28, 2005, 22:44 theAntiELVIS

Interesting that they shipped half of all standalone chips - apparently that must be Radeon 9800 parts, since you can't find their new stuff to save your life.

-tAE-

34. Re: state of emergency in RI Jan 23, 2005, 23:46 theAntiELVIS

>>Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (at least not year-round).<<

You can't live there. That's why it's called "Death" valley.

20. Breast milk Jan 20, 2005, 12:18 theAntiELVIS

Whoa - that's exactly the same look I get on my face in the same situation!

-tAE-

News Comments > Silent Hunter III Delay
1. Translation Jan 18, 2005, 01:32 theAntiELVIS

"Oh. man, did we ever find a major nasty bug! Whooeee this thing smells! It'll take at least two weeks to track down and fix!"

-tAE-

News Comments > Rupert Murdock & Gaming?
6. Fox Games Jan 14, 2005, 04:39 theAntiELVIS

They're going to buy 3D Realms and finally release Duke Nukem Forever - except they will change the character of Duke to George W. Bush, and he will yell clever sayings like "bring it on!" as he mows-down terrorist aliens who may (or probably don't) have weapons of mass destruction.

-tAE-

110. Milky Way Jan 13, 2005, 22:46 theAntiELVIS

"Milky Way's center filled with black holes"

I thought it was filled with creamy nougat - whatever the hell "nougat" is....

-tAE-

News Comments > Army Threatens Punks
27. I HAVE to say it Jan 13, 2005, 01:31 theAntiELVIS

I don't even play this game, and I certainly hate cheaters as much as anyone who plays online games, but they have handed me the straight line and I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT:

Bring it on!

(Oh, God, my head was going to explode)

News Comments > Retribution Unveiled
29. Reality Engine Pricing Jan 3, 2005, 23:48 theAntiELVIS

From the license FAQ:

"Exact pricing and features depend on your specific needs"

I need it to be free....

-tAE-

73. Lucifer's Hotpocket Jan 3, 2005, 20:10 theAntiELVIS

That is amazingly funny stuff! The best line is the one about how he's in regional theater and plays the title role in "Waiting for Godot"! I literally fell out of my chair!

This guy should have his own tv show.

-tAE-

News Comments > Jurassic Park Far Cry Mod
11. Somewhere in Hollywood... Jan 1, 2005, 18:21 theAntiELVIS

...a lawyer is laughing and biding his time until it's 99% done. Then the real fun begins...

-tAE-

News Comments > Sherlock Holmes Returns
4. Re: mac? Dec 28, 2004, 18:34 theAntiELVIS

They were lacking in fun. I disliked them intensely for their lack of likeability. They were boring crud. They were unimaginative and loathsome in their predictability. In other words, they were everything a good Holmes story by Conan Doyle wasn't - lousy.

News Comments > Quake IV Screenshots
63. Yeah, Quake 4, great Dec 28, 2004, 18:29 theAntiELVIS

Glad to see Raven has work. So where the Hell is Soldier of Fortune 3?

22. Ummm black poodle Dec 25, 2004, 15:39 theAntiELVIS

Brown gravy with a black poodle. Definitely. And make sure you pre-heat the oven for at least 30 minutes!

-tAE-

News Comments > Sherlock Holmes Returns
1. Hmmmm.... Dec 25, 2004, 15:23 theAntiELVIS

...they don't mention if it will actually be any fun this time around.

27. Re: This is a problem Dec 25, 2004, 02:41 theAntiELVIS

Yes I understand that I've opened the door to all the infantile comments from the IE/Microsoft hater open-source Linux hippies here - but to actually get back to the problem....

I use adware/spyware cleaning software daily - so that isn't the problem.

This problem has just started in the last week - multiple pop-over ads at a dizzying pace. I was wondering if there has been some change in the site, and if there is some solution other than dumping IE ('hey, if your arm hurts, cut it off') because I like IE and consider it the best browser available, having tried all the others, which suck in more ways than IE does. Opera is a joke, Firefox is bug-ridden, and Netscape is a dinosaur. Also Linux is for people who can't afford a real operating system and who are too cheap to pay for their software, and open-source is the single largest threat to the software industry in existence (imagine Chevrolet saying "Hey I know - let's give our cars away and that way more people will drive them and we'll beat our competition...and we don't have to worry about support, or being in business longer than a month, or really anything because we'll bankrupt the entire automobile industry! Isn't that a great idea?').

So, having dealt with all the morons who see any comment about a problem with IE as an opportunity to push their worthless agendas, again: anyone else (with a brain) have this problem, and have a solution that isn't political?

-tAE-

9. This is a problem Dec 24, 2004, 13:01 theAntiELVIS

Have the pop-over ads gone nuts here or what? I got no problem with ads, but these things make it almost impossible to navigate the site. Not only do they pop up one after another with no time in-between, but they steal focus from the underlying page so you can't do things like edit a post, click links, etc.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem? Is there some setting I'm missing in IE that will alleviate this? Like I said I have no problem with an ad popping up when I navigate to a page, but not like ten of them in a row, and I can't do anything until I hit the ad's "close" button.

News Comments > GalCiv 2 Beta Plans
1. "Space Combat"? Dec 24, 2004, 12:56 theAntiELVIS

Wasn't the original a 4X title?
This comment was edited on Dec 24, 12:57.

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo