Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for theAntiELVIS

Real Name theAntiELVIS   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Evil avatar of an ex-dead rock God
Homepage http://gracelessland.wordpreess.com
Signed On Aug 24, 1999, 00:12
Total Comments 514 (Apprentice)
User ID 473

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
62. They aren't special Oct 1, 2005, 21:09 theAntiELVIS

If you sell your car, does the original manufacturer get a cut?

If you sell a DVD, does the original producer get a cut?

If you sell a book, does the original author/publisher get a cut?

Why do software developers and publishers think they and their product are somehow "special"? Because it can go on a hard drive? Tough - figure out a way to play from the CD. Why should the rest of the world be hindered by the limitations of your product?

Also they are missing something here. A player buys a game used. They like it. They go and buy the sequel new. This will translate into new sales.

It's time for the software industry to stop acting like a bunch of primadonnas and get in step with the rest of the world. A game is a commodity. Commodities are bought and sold. Once that CD is in my house it isn't yours anymore, and I don't give a damn what the stupid EULA says.

-tAE-

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Why is it so... Sep 29, 2005, 19:52 theAntiELVIS

....that I remember seeing this show when I was a kid? I've never been to Australia.

-tAE-

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
1. Parking II? Sep 17, 2005, 15:42 theAntiELVIS

They made another game about parking? What?

7. My dog is a cross-species dresser Sep 10, 2005, 16:27 theAntiELVIS

But it isn't bees - it's invertabrates. I often catch him late at night dressed as a snail, a sea cucumber, or (the worst) a banana slug. I've scolded him for being so perverse, but it seems he just can't help himself.

Oh, and I'm sure those of you who have seen my posts about eating puppies or the fact that PETA is a group of nuts, or how Blue going on and on about his dogs makes me ill, will find it stange I myself have a dog. His name is Bernie and he's some kind of filthy hairy terrier. But rest assured, I really really hate him.

-tAE-

18. Re: Gem Sweater Sep 5, 2005, 15:06 theAntiELVIS

At first I was frightened. But then about half-way through the song it becomes obvious that this a very subtle and cleverly designed satire of the music business.

At least that's what I choose to believe, otherwise I will have to go back to being frightened.

-tAE-

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Man forced to have sex at gunpoint Sep 3, 2005, 11:35 theAntiELVIS

"No! Please! Don't force me to have sex with three women at gunpoint!"

These are words that never have and never will be spoken by a man. So if he called the cops, he's making it up.

Interestingly, I once had a similar experience - except the women involved held a gun on me to force me not to have sex with them.

-tAE-

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Cats in sinks! Aug 30, 2005, 23:32 theAntiELVIS

Oh - live cats in sinks. And I got all excited.

-tAE-

18. Lying to get laid Aug 24, 2005, 13:09 theAntiELVIS

Cancer? That's nothing! I've told women all kinds of lies to get into their pants: I'm rich, I'm Blue, I don't have a venerial disease - just anything!

-tAE-

79. Re: In Explaining Life's Complexity... Aug 22, 2005, 22:34 theAntiELVIS

"Intelligent Design" is the latest straw the religious nutballs are grasping at in their attempts to replace science with their recruiting propaganda. The idea is if you make it sound like science no one will notice it's the same old superstitious garbage.

Of course, they don't want to wait around for the scientific method to confirm anything. It isn't like people just accepted evolutionary theory the day after Darwin (and others) came up with it. It took about 100 years of observation, experiment, and review by armies of scientists. But the religious propagandists say to Hell with all that - we just KNOW that "intelligent design" is the truth and we want to teach it in schools NOW.

Of course it comes as no surprise that morons like Bush are all for this - I mean these are people who never saw a fact that didn't upset them because they are pretty-much fascists and truth is the sunlight that makes facists melt into hideous blobs of goo. Personally I think there are other subjects we should insist our schools teach, like reading above the 5th grade level, and math. These are two subjects in which the U.S. lags behind the rest of the world.

But it has been proven that the ability to read and to add, subtract, multiply, and divide generally lead directly to 1) realizing religion is mind control, and 2) questioning authority. And again these are things the fascists just can't allow.

Someday the Forces of Reason and the Minions of Superstition are going to duke it out, and unfortunately it tends to be the Superstition people who have all the guns....

-tAE-

17. I can't believe I said this Aug 22, 2005, 02:09 theAntiELVIS

Mailbag for October 28 1998:

"I await Daikatana with the expectation of seeing the most perfect marriage yet of the two elements [content and technology]"

My only defense is all that acid I took in the 1970s....

News Comments > Quake 3 Source
31. Re: Yay? Aug 21, 2005, 15:07 theAntiELVIS

Those who can't do troll instead.

News Comments > MailBag!?!
24. Re: Aug 15, 2005, 01:03 theAntiELVIS

After years of using the same server co-locator they called up two weeks ago and said "sorry we went out of business" - luckily I'm a nut about backing things up.

We're working on getting another server online now, but since it's all based on Microsoft products I estimate it could take from one month to 50,000 years.

Keep an eye out - Gracelessland IS NOT dead - just in a coma.

-tAE-

News Comments > MailBag!?!
11. Surreal Aug 14, 2005, 17:19 theAntiELVIS

First it's surreal that the Mailbag is back.

Second it's surreal to be able to make forum comments about the Mailbag.

-tAE-

News Comments > The Cost of Hot Coffee
45. The usual double standard Jul 23, 2005, 02:03 theAntiELVIS

Kill kill kill all you want to - hell even the government itself will fund games made by the military that are all about killing.

But show some sex and you are worthless evil perverted trash that has to be stopped from destroying the minds of the nation's youth. Because if their minds are destroyed how can we send them to places like Iraq to get them killed killed killed to put money in the scumbag politicians' pockets.

Hey Take2: I don't actually like the GTA games, but if you put in some "hidden content" where I get to shoot worthless politicians and pus bags like this Thompson guy - I'll buy!

51. BSoD=driver or hardware Jul 17, 2005, 23:02 theAntiELVIS

If you're seeing a real actual BSoD in WinXP it's most likely you are witnessing a driver or hardware problem. Sometimes services can cause it, but generally they are trapped-out just like other applications.

But hey if you're going to be a pioneer and push the envelope by doing things like running new games at higher than 1024x768, you got to expect to run into issues.

"It must be the application" is what driver developers say until they can catch-up.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Pro Evolution? Jul 11, 2005, 23:51 theAntiELVIS

How strange for a game to have a political stance in the title. I wonder if a Christian game company will come out with "Pro Creationism Water Polo" or something as a response?

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 23:52.

23. "small bump on my shoulder" Jun 30, 2005, 14:47 theAntiELVIS

'Way, 'way more than we need to know...

10. Comics 101 Jun 12, 2005, 16:23 theAntiELVIS

If you Google for this show, you will find that apparently Italians love it.

Explains a lot.

-tAE-

7. Star Wars Chicks Jun 6, 2005, 14:11 theAntiELVIS

Uh...where are the naked pictures?

6. "it was probably closer to 105 up here" Jun 6, 2005, 14:08 theAntiELVIS

Hey - I think we may have found the source of some of those hardware nightmares you go through....

514 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo