Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for E. Normous Johnson

Real Name E. Normous Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Longswd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 30, 2008, 20:08
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 47039

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Trailer
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2013, 22:17 Longswd

Is embedded video on the front page going to be a new thing going forward or is this a paid for ad?

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Modes Detailed
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Modes Detailed Sep 27, 2013, 10:53 Longswd

I don't know about SP, but they definitely need an offline sandbox map with all vehicles so people can get their controls tweaked and practice a bit before being thrown into the mix. Such a huge oversight in BF3.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
29. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 20:26 Longswd

I've played most of the X games over the years and one thing they all seem to have in common is major bugs on release, needing a good 3 months or so of patching to work them out. Considering this a major rework of the past games, I would expect it to be especially true of this one.

While I'm as excited as the rest for it, I won't be pre-ordering and will wait for them to work out the inevitable kinks first.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 22:43 Longswd

His admission that he screwed up is not so much an admission that he was wrong to engage in his douchebaggery, but wrong because the legal system doesn't allow him to stifle speech critical of his douchebaggery and he should have known better.

Don't even get me started on his laughably transparent Buddhist hypocrisy.

He's such a complete piece of shit.

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
8. Re: DayZ Video Blog Sep 8, 2013, 19:04 Longswd

I don't really understand this game. I've tuned into several different Twitch streams but all I ever see is some guy running alone across a seemingly endless landscape punctuated with an occasional house ruin.

The few times said streamer meets another person it ends badly for one of them.

Maybe all the streamers suck, I dunno but I've tried watching more than a few.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
59. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 04:29 Longswd

JeffD wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 15:38:
Lonswd, you argument is so full of holes, in no way, in no world does subscription = game worth playing.

Firstly, no "argument" is being presented.

Secondly, this nonexistent argument is full of holes because you completely misunderstood the sentiment. I'm not saying a sub or lack thereof makes a game good or bad. I am saying that a sub is not a deterrent to my playing a game if it's good. Conversely, I'm not going to play a bad game just because it's free.

Way to totally miss the point.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
42. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 15:23 Longswd

I'll happily pay a sub if it means not being bombarded with micro-transaction offers every time I want to upgrade my inventory, bank space or that I can buy a mount with a reasonable amount of in-game currency etc. etc. etc..

If a game isn't worth a piddly $15 a month to play, then it's not worth my time to play for pseudo-free either.

News Comments > Redshirt Preorders
3. Re: Redshirt Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 23:45 Longswd

I watched the trailer and I still don't know what kind of game it is. Is it Sims in space? Is it Starflight meets DS9? PSI 5 Trading Company? Dunno. A good trailer would clear that sort of thing up.

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
35. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 21:28 Longswd

The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.
The Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.
Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2013, 22:41 Longswd

Shataan wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 15:30:
Power... corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Not really. It's more accurate to say that power is attractive to the corruptible and is why should never be granted to those who seek it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2013, 11:56 Longswd

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 09:26:
Well something in the universe gotta be faster than light, because the universe does not obey a speed limit in it's exponential faster growing expansion

And neither did the big bang.

You're confusing inflation with linear velocity.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2013, 11:46 Longswd

Senate panel votes to study video game violence

Much more useful would be voting to fund a study identifying the difference between correlation vs. causation. But then, that might get in the way of some good old fashioned scapegoating.

Purblind idiots.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2013, 18:28 Longswd

Until you realize that quantum computing means the end of encryption (and thus privacy), at least until an affordable consumer level product is released and that won't occur until several years after the fact.

News Comments > Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin
9. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 11:04 Longswd

Or....they could just add tabbed browsing to the Steam client. Hard to believe they still haven't done that. That lack renders the client nearly unusable to me when 'shopping'. Hell, I'd be happy if they even made the back button return to the same place on the previous page. Apparently that's too difficult or something.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays
10. Re: Marvel Heroes Early Launch Delays May 29, 2013, 18:56 Longswd

I took a look at a few of the twitch.tv streams, it looks like complete crap. Like a high rez Crusader: No Remorse. Horrid.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 4, 2013, 03:18 Longswd

Just more ammo for the next CISPA-like bill unfortunately.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
1. Re: EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again Apr 9, 2013, 21:05 Longswd

It should also be noted they have the singular honor of being the only 2 years running winner.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 31, 2013, 21:19 Longswd

Facebook gets OK to build second campus in Menlo Park.

The expansion before the collapse, which is typical of large corporations. They're like stars and FB has entered its red giant phase.

News Comments > Origin Vulnerable to Remote Execution
1. Re: Origin Vulnerable to Remote Execution Mar 18, 2013, 21:07 Longswd

"Our team is constantly investigating hypotheticals like this one as we continually update our security infrastructure."

Seeings as how they became aware of this through a demonstration, I would say it's no longer "hypothetical".

News Comments > Amazon Stops Selling Digital SimCity
12. Re: Amazon Stops Selling Digital SimCity Mar 7, 2013, 18:16 Longswd

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 17:42:
And then there's the brilliant firetrucks. 3 houses are on fire on the same road. 3 fire trucks are dispatched. The first firetruck stops at the first house on fire. Firetrucks 2 and 3 are now stuck behind firetruck 1 and can't get to houses 2 and 3, which burn down.

That's pretty damn funny. Such an easy fix too, first truck out heads to the farthest fire, 2nd truck to the next furthest etc..

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo