Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for E. Normous Johnson

Real Name E. Normous Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Longswd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 30, 2008, 20:08
Total Comments 336 (Amateur)
User ID 47039

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 18, 2014, 00:10 Longswd

There was a time not so long ago when being a green-lit game meant something, i.e. it was probably worth a look at least. Now, they just shovel crap and it drives the few good things right down off the front page. I stopped checking Steam new releases about 2 months ago because of this.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit
7. Re: Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit Mar 12, 2014, 13:17 Longswd

I uninstalled it last night actually. They are apparently entirely focused on puking out their season pass DLC obligations and doing nothing at all to fix the base game, which has serious and multitudinous issues.

I love the action oriented combat but every other aspect of the game ranges from mediocre to downright broken.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

News Comments > East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked
7. Re: East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked Mar 9, 2014, 22:35 Longswd

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 21:33:
They say 250k euro budget and they had 4 years to deliver the product, how many people were working on this for 4 years? I hope they had other jobs because 250k budget for number of people for 4 years be very low to survive on, not to mention actually develop a game.

That's what I was thinking as well. That's even before factoring in overhead like rent, utilities, hardware, software, (cheap) hookers and blow.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 3, 2014, 06:15 Longswd

Just 48% of RSA attendees surveyed think NSA overstepped boundaries.

The reason this seems low is because the majority whom felt strongly enough about it, actually boycotted the whole conference and thus where not present to be polled.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
22. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 02:01 Longswd

They really have just become parodies of themselves at this point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2014, 21:32 Longswd

He didn't "choose" to flee to Russia, the US stranded him there when it yanked his passport. I wish people would get that right. Repeating that crap only serves the government narrative.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
7. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 7, 2014, 21:10 Longswd

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 18:10:
$35 for an unknown alpha game? Lol smoke some more crack.

It's hardly unknown, except perhaps to yourself. I do think $35 is too much for an alpha which is why I haven't bought it yet. $24 on sale now, that's a little more like it. As an investment for the completed game, $24 seems like a decent entry point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: EA and YouTube producers broke FTC rules with Battlefield 4 promotion. Jan 24, 2014, 21:12 Longswd

EA and YouTube producers broke FTC rules with Battlefield 4 promotion.

FRANKIEonPC and JackFrags, both secretly shilled for EA. Two of my favorite tubers. That's a damn shame because I don't feel I can trust anything they say now and consequently, I can no longer watch them.

Fuck me, that's really disappointing

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 01:01 Longswd

I too would like to see better variety as opposed to a (perceived) better quality.

Do they not have colleges near their recording studio? Do those colleges not have drama courses? A few flyers and local ads could go a long ways here. This would also have the added good karma of sending some money the way of people who actually need it as well.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2013, 19:08 Longswd

Bought and paid for judge, the only question is what currency he's being paid in.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 28, 2013, 19:03 Longswd

This Popular Flashlight App Has Been Secretly Sharing Your Location And Device ID.

If they received any kind of fine out of it, I sure didn't see it and I skimmed through the judgement .pdf as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Into the Black Dec 23, 2013, 19:47 Longswd

David Suzuki speaks about overpopulation

As right as he is in this clip, still he is horribly wrong. He focuses on treating the symptoms of the disease and not the disease itself. His solution would only accelerate the problem.

The disease is overpopulation, the symptom is the resultant hunger/famine. The cure is one child per couple till the population falls to a sustainable level and is stabilized.

Of course, you will never see any scientist with a nice position say that as messing with peoples reproductive capability is a serious taboo subject. The die-back when it occurs, is going to be a thing of horror.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Luring Back Legendary Members
2. Re: Names... Dec 18, 2013, 19:56 Longswd

Yeah, I don't understand why any newer MMO would launch without a name@account format. Not only does it get you the name you want, it also allows to /ignore an entire account so you don't have to deal with alt spam.

To launch without that feature is a big mistake nowadays.

News Comments > Rise of the Wang
3. Re: Rise of the Wang Dec 18, 2013, 19:50 Longswd

This should bring out the politically correct bleeding hearts and drive them into a hair rending, shrieking frenzy.

I can't wait

News Comments > EA Hackathon Concerns
2. Re: EA Hackathon Concerns Dec 17, 2013, 18:24 Longswd

They just can't help not being evil, can they? When your business's legal department has more authority than the PR department, an EA is the result. No common sense whatsoever.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access
46. Re: DayZ Early Access Dec 16, 2013, 23:26 Longswd

Prez wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 21:37:
A Rogue-like where ganking newbs is the raison d'etre? Count me out!

On the subject of early access, I hear what the naysayers are saying but personally I think it's a great thing. What would make it even better though is if the first 24 hours were free, so you could decide if the game is in a state you are willing to pay for now or would rather hold off until release (or just avoid it completely, if you decide it's not for you).

Two reasons that wouldn't fly. The available server(s) would likely be overloaded into uselessness with no purchasing barrier in place and I doubt Valve would be willing to foot the bandwidth bill for those free client distros w/o receiving compensation.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 10, 2013, 13:43 Longswd

SourceForge malware

That's too bad. Useful sites always get co-opted into evil by the suits eventually, SF managed to hold out for an impressively long time.

Hopefully everyone else with useful apps will move away from it as well.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
34. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 22, 2013, 06:25 Longswd

Flak wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 01:50:
Instead of worrying about people who are well within their rights to discuss your publicly available works, maybe spend a little more time building a competent game. Chances are if your game doesn't suck, you'll be too busy counting the cheques to be raging over the relatively modest amount of money that people like Total Biscuit make from the monetization of niche indie game videos.

I cringe to think how long this has gone on over the years when 'professional' reviewers (gamespot, ign, etc...) were actually relevant. It's likely still going on today and might explain how average games like GTA V get 97% on metacritic (not saying it's a legitimate resource, just want to point out how hilarious it is that it has nearly a perfect score).

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v

It had absolutely nothing to do with any "monetization", that was just the weak sauce excuse being put forward for stifling speech they don't agree with. That they can't come clean even after dropping a 10 ton anvil of Streisand Effect on themselves, shows how pathetic they truly are. Too bad, you lose. You are now and forever a boycotted company.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 3, 2013, 21:54 Longswd

W3C green-lights adding DRM to the Web's standards

Is there any legal mechanism to force browser devs to adopt this standard? I can see Microsoft and Apple cheerfully climbing on-board, Google maybe (they've been spreading their ass cheeks for Hollywood lately) but Mozilla seems unlikely.

Without some mechanism to enforce compliance, anyone adopting this will quickly find themselves out in the cold I should think.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2013, 11:00 Longswd

The Red Cross also tried to force devs to remove the red cross from video games, such as appearing on medic armbands etc..

They apparently have a real hard-on for video games. Guess who won't be receiving any more donations come the next disaster.

336 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo