Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for E. Normous Johnson

Real Name E. Normous Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Longswd
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 30, 2008, 20:08
Total Comments 345 (Amateur)
User ID 47039

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
1. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 10:12 Longswd

Still doesn't sound like enough, considering the loss of unique properties from off hand items. Certainly no Wizard will be switching to staves.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 02:04 Longswd

PHJF wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 20:21:
Back from the beach whereupon I read:

Margaret Atwood - Handmaid's Tale
China Mieville - Embassytown
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere

I'll take something from Gaiman over Zelazny any day. Amber was so god damn tedious.

How do you speak such heresies and remain unburned?

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:06 Longswd

George R.R. Martin says 'f*ck you' to anyone who thinks he'll die before finishing 'Game of Thrones' series.

I seem to recall Robert Jordan saying much the same thing before croaking and leaving the Wheel of Time series incomplete. That series should have been wrapped up by about book 5, but he just kept dragging it out and spinning into a textual soap opera.

Other disappointingly unfinished series would include Roger Zelazny's (2nd) Chronicles of Amber and Gorden R. Dickson's (Dorsai) Childe Cycle.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
4. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 14:54 Longswd

KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:33:
Hey, Rebellion is the same company that sued developer of "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" over use of word "Rebellion" as in: "They asserted that our use of the word "Rebellion" in the title of our game "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" was violating their trademark. Rebellion Developments made a number of demands including destroying all our existing promotional and marketing materials, paying them money and agreeing to never talk about it."

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/455527/page/1/

So I wouldn't put it past them being a scum company in other areas.

I was going to point that out as well. A scumbag dev is not going to receive the benefit of the doubt here.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2014, 17:14 Longswd

I don't know the law in Japan, but in the US a case of business interference, tortuous or otherwise would be a civil (lawsuit) matter, not a "criminal" one. There's a good chance that headline is factually incorrect.

News Comments > Metro Redux Announced
4. Re: Metro Redux Announced May 22, 2014, 19:36 Longswd

I didn't get very into Last Light before hitting the areas that require you to run about full tilt under the mask filter countdown.

Being an explorer/completionist I detest, utterly detest, games that force an arbitrary time limit on you. After hitting that large outdoor area, I uninstalled in disgust.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 14:47 Longswd

He looks ready to snap up a passing fly (or maybe one of your children).

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
7. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 3, 2014, 03:10 Longswd

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2014, 19:59:
Shorter CCP: We have gobs of money and there's nothing to spend it on in Iceland except making more games.

They could use the money to plant trees. Oh wait...

News Comments > Mad Max Delayed to Next Year; New Trailer
3. Re: Mad Max Delayed to Next Year; New Trailer Apr 26, 2014, 00:28 Longswd

I'm guessing Mel Gibson isn't doing any voice acting for this, seeing as he's completely toxic since his self elevation to the asshole hall of fame.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 18, 2014, 00:10 Longswd

There was a time not so long ago when being a green-lit game meant something, i.e. it was probably worth a look at least. Now, they just shovel crap and it drives the few good things right down off the front page. I stopped checking Steam new releases about 2 months ago because of this.

It's obvious there is no real vetting going on at this point, some pretty terrible stuff is getting through.

News Comments > Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit
7. Re: Defiance DLC Adds $77 Gun Kit Mar 12, 2014, 13:17 Longswd

I uninstalled it last night actually. They are apparently entirely focused on puking out their season pass DLC obligations and doing nothing at all to fix the base game, which has serious and multitudinous issues.

I love the action oriented combat but every other aspect of the game ranges from mediocre to downright broken.

News Comments > East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked
7. Re: East vs. West Cancelled; Knocked Mar 9, 2014, 22:35 Longswd

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 21:33:
They say 250k euro budget and they had 4 years to deliver the product, how many people were working on this for 4 years? I hope they had other jobs because 250k budget for number of people for 4 years be very low to survive on, not to mention actually develop a game.

That's what I was thinking as well. That's even before factoring in overhead like rent, utilities, hardware, software, (cheap) hookers and blow.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 3, 2014, 06:15 Longswd

Just 48% of RSA attendees surveyed think NSA overstepped boundaries.

The reason this seems low is because the majority whom felt strongly enough about it, actually boycotted the whole conference and thus where not present to be polled.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
22. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 02:01 Longswd

They really have just become parodies of themselves at this point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2014, 21:32 Longswd

He didn't "choose" to flee to Russia, the US stranded him there when it yanked his passport. I wish people would get that right. Repeating that crap only serves the government narrative.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
7. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 7, 2014, 21:10 Longswd

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 18:10:
$35 for an unknown alpha game? Lol smoke some more crack.

It's hardly unknown, except perhaps to yourself. I do think $35 is too much for an alpha which is why I haven't bought it yet. $24 on sale now, that's a little more like it. As an investment for the completed game, $24 seems like a decent entry point.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: EA and YouTube producers broke FTC rules with Battlefield 4 promotion. Jan 24, 2014, 21:12 Longswd

EA and YouTube producers broke FTC rules with Battlefield 4 promotion.

FRANKIEonPC and JackFrags, both secretly shilled for EA. Two of my favorite tubers. That's a damn shame because I don't feel I can trust anything they say now and consequently, I can no longer watch them.

Fuck me, that's really disappointing

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 01:01 Longswd

I too would like to see better variety as opposed to a (perceived) better quality.

Do they not have colleges near their recording studio? Do those colleges not have drama courses? A few flyers and local ads could go a long ways here. This would also have the added good karma of sending some money the way of people who actually need it as well.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2013, 19:08 Longswd

Bought and paid for judge, the only question is what currency he's being paid in.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 28, 2013, 19:03 Longswd

This Popular Flashlight App Has Been Secretly Sharing Your Location And Device ID.

If they received any kind of fine out of it, I sure didn't see it and I skimmed through the judgement .pdf as well.

345 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo