Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7309 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 2, 2014, 06:17 InBlack

As an on-off virtual simmer, I gotta say this is kind of lame. Sure it looks kind of cool, but all the printed gauges, avionics etc. are just distractions and they limit your FOV if you have any kind of serious big screen or projector which most sim pit enthusiasts use.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 2, 2014, 04:58 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 22:29:
InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 03:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 01:58:
Kids always think they can't be tracked.

Until they end up in Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

Ever heard of tor project? Yeah, neither have these kids.

Yes, I have. Ever hear of the FBI? They have surprisingly talented cyber-ops guys who track down Tor users all the time.

Yeah, especially after the perps blab about their acomplishments on their own facebook account. /facepalm

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2014, 04:37 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 21:53:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 21:47:
Don't you guys dare talk bad about Chris Roberts. He would never make off with the loot? He has NEVER pumped up the crowds and released vaporware before RIGHT?

Oh wait FreeLancer ....shit he has done EXACTLY that before.

HAHAHA HOOKERS AND YAUGHTS I CALLED IT!!!

Freelancer was a great game, and reviews back that up.

You might want to rethink your strategy...

Sorry nin, I can't agree. Freelancer was 10% of the game it originally claimed to be. Microsoft pumped shitloads of money into that project, only to nearly cancel it. Finally they removed CR as lead on that project, and released an action/arcade game that didnt even support joysticks properly. It was a huge dissapointement after the likes of Starlancer or Freespace2.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 04:28 InBlack

I have no problem with Op. Ed. pieces, commentary or reviews as long as they are clearly stated as such and are based on some kind of argument which ideally should be derived from some kind of actual experience. I DO have a problem with 'reports' or 'stories' where no one even bothers to check whether what they are reporting has even any basis in truth. Yeah I get it that most people writing in the industry today probably have no formal training in journalism, but to me thats just a convenient excuse for being lazy and half-assed.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
37. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 1, 2014, 04:01 InBlack

Im still pissed that D3 has no BOA on the console versions. Fuck you Blizzard, fuck you very much!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 1, 2014, 03:58 InBlack

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 01:58:
Kids always think they can't be tracked.

Until they end up in Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

Ever heard of tor project? Yeah, neither have these kids.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 03:54 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 03:02:
Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 23:52:
And, regardless, whenever Blue adds some color commentary to his reporting, people say "Keep it up, Blue, I like when you add your opinion!"

Well, that's because it's witty, observant, and often hilarious.

Beamer when has he ever posted an opinion that wasnt tongue in cheek and that wasnt clearly a personal opinion???? Also its not like he is making shit up to 'spice' up the story.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 03:51 InBlack

Apart from the obvious narcissism, Brad makes some valid points. Especially with regards to the parts about the gaming media. There is a huge problem in journalism today where the money dictates what you write/report or more accurately "how" you report. Fox News, CNN etc. are the biggest culprits as most of you are aware and I wont go further down that slippery slope. Game journalism goes even further, they have always been into the money, and now that most of the content is presented in an online format, guess what happen? Sensationalism and totally completely biased, sometimes even unfactual reporting. Its like no one gives a shit becasue they write about 'games' and no one takes them seriously anyway they keep getting away with it. There is 0, nada, no professionalism involved. No regard for the truth, something that should be the crux of any story on any subject matter.  

News Comments > Activision Taking Take-Two?
22. Re: Activision Taking Take-Two? Sep 1, 2014, 03:33 InBlack

EricFate wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 17:41:
Given their track record over the past decade, I seriously doubt that ANYONE would willingly choose to be acquired by Activision.

From a business perspective Activision would stand a lot to gain. Look how they profited by merging with Blizzard! I hate to be the devil's advocat in this case, but it doesnt seem that unlikely.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 10:11 InBlack

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:07:
Is there anyone who openly despises their fanbase more than game developers and journalists?

Yeah I was just thinking about that the other day. Apart from a few notable exceptions, most developers really do have a hard time rolling with the (mostly justified) punches that their fans keep throwing at them.

Nothing from the book, music or film industry even comes close.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 10:04 InBlack

Shatner was always a bastard. A lovable, rascally, starfucking, fist punching, judo wrestling, trigger happy, Klingon hating son-of-a-bitch bastard. And I love him for it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 10:00 InBlack

Aother Sarkeesian article, well she is definitely getting a whole lot more exposure, thanks to the death threat trolls or whatever.

Anita 1:0 Internet Dumbasses

So here is an idea, why dont we all STFU, let her have her say, and maybe just maybe people will catch on after a while that she is just another glorified critic trying hard to make a nice big juicy buck. Everyone smearing her all the time is just playing right into her hand.

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend
1. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend Aug 29, 2014, 09:49 InBlack

Still waiting for Casper the Friendly Ghost DLC.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 09:12:
InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 02:57:
Now you are just trolling for trolling sake Cutter. You should get the drift he is trying to make, its not the film sequences that are the problem, its the retarded and simplified game design. Its about interaction and fun, and 5hour long games on rails with Michael Bay thrown in for good measure is not fun. You of all people should know that.

Fuck you I'm trolling. It's an asinine article and you're just as dumb if you don't get it. Entertainment is WHATEVER ENTERTAINS PEOPLE. Just because you or I may not like CoD there's a billion fucking people who do. No, a TV miniseries is not what makes TV best and film being the opposite is similarly not true. And not every game has to be a new and meaningful experience. Sometimes you just want to blow some shit up for its own sake. Uncork the bottle and let off some steam as it were. This is just effete snobbery wrapped in quasi-intellectualism, and it's wrong on every level. This shit exists and sells for many reasons. Just because you or I don't agree with them doesn't make them any less real or valid.

Well fuck you too. But you still missed the point of the article, which by the way doesnt invalidate any of the points you make but clearly states:

Video games are best when they allow a player to experience something new or interact with another world in a meaningful way

That sentence right there doesn't say anything about all video games in general, it just say something about when they work best. Or do you disagree with this statement in general?

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 03:18 InBlack

Wow some of you guys really took this discussion to the next level with your pissing contest. Cos that's what this is. A pissing contest.

This Sarkasian woman is clearly a fraud. She is trying to make a living by sensationalising, which I grant it isnt really as bad as those televangelists 'healing' the 'sick' and then passing the collection box arround, but its pretty bad.

Is there sexism in gaming? Yes. Is there sexim in the world today? Yes there is. Is it allright to use the 'boogeyman' to further your own selfish agenda? I would have to say no.

Let me point to that other political hot topic, some years ago, as an example. The McCarthy Communist witch hunts.

Its was much worse than this latst political hot potato obviously, but its still a good example of what happens when you create a boogeyman and you let it spiral out of control...

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 05:24.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
39. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 29, 2014, 03:04 InBlack

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 19:19:
KS wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 11:07:
They should have gotten rid of bunny hopping and just set the max speed to that.

It was a trick taking advantage of poor code that made some kind of angle running/jumping faster than straight line (IIRC). In any case, it should never have existed and is just a grotesque irritation with no real gameplay value aside from the speed.

Hup hup hup hup hup hup everwhar hup hup hup hup hup.

As someone who has worked on mods and has seen the code: nope.

The bunny hopping and rocket jumping IS coded in explicitly.

It is NOT a bug. It is explicit and intentional.

You may be thinking of the doom wall running bug.

-scheherazade

Doom wall running was awesome. If I remember correctly in the original d1.exe and d2.exe it only worked when wallrunning "north".

The plasma pickup bug, was basically a feature of D2M1 dueling. If you couldnt pick up the plasma from spawn you were basically doomed.

Ahhh good times Cool

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:06:
Every medium is at it best when itís doing something no other medium can do. TV shows are at their best when they tell a massive story over dozens of hours and really flesh out their characters and their world. Films are at their best when they can compact a story down to its essentials.

Could he possibly be more wrong? And oh yeah, players just hate Blizzard's CGI flicks. Clearly this guy has never played Half-Life or Fallout or anything like it. Gamers want to be entertained, and if that includes a story/film/music then so be it. The intro/outros for the Fallout games really set the mood. Even games like CoD are really set up by the expository film sequences. Max Payne? Etc. Etc. Etc.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

Now you are just trolling for trolling sake Cutter. You should get the drift he is trying to make, its not the film sequences that are the problem, its the retarded and simplified game design. Its about interaction and fun, and 5hour long games on rails with Michael Bay thrown in for good measure is not fun. You of all people should know that.

News Comments > New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players
5. Re: New Quake Live Ruleset Courts New Players Aug 28, 2014, 10:09 InBlack

Havent played this in ages. Still, why not make this an optional mode instead of the 'default' one. I imagine if you are a new player who only recently discovered Quake Live, having this mode isnt really going to make much difference in anyone's decision to stay or quit.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 28, 2014, 08:48 InBlack

A WD Black crapped out on me a couple of years ago. It was less then a month old. Brought it back to the store and got a replacement from the factory and its been humming along with no problems since.

Anecdotal evidence I know, still. As far as these mainstream commercial hard drives are concerned I have nagging suspicions that all of them are manufactured in the same factory in China/Taiwan/wherever and they just slap the logo of the different 'manufacturers' on at the very end.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
30. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 28, 2014, 08:30 InBlack

Ok I read up on this a bit. So there have been DDOS attacks prior to Blizzard releasing this patch. I have been playing Hearthstone for days now and have yet to experience any problems with logging in or any disconnects at all. They may be only targeting US server I get that, but there is no evidence they are responsible for the latest outages which have coincided with the release of this patch.  

7309 Comments. 366 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo