Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7506 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
20. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 05:45 InBlack

I take it you have heard of the axiom, there is no such thing as bad publicity? If you believe that people in the United States don't get paid for public speaking events then you are just as deluded as those idiots who are sending the death threats. Please do tell me how these death threats are silencing Anita instead of giving her ever more exposure in the media? I have nothing personal against Anita, nor do I have anything against her values, I am simply pointing out that history has shown that attempts to silence, persecute, threaten or destroy popular movements has only ever empowered them (and those who represent themselves as leaders of said movements)  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 15, 2014, 05:26 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 23:02:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:22:
Lol, why so critical, Half Elf? It all appears to be in game footage at least.

This game will definitely be worth the $9.99 or less that I'll spend on it during a Steam sale.

True but most games are only worth the $5-$10 or less sales. Helf is right though. Ubisoft has gotten way too formulaic. Even Blood Dragon - which was a hoot - was really just window dressing. Too much of the same from them over the last few years. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Speak no more heresy heathen! Blood Dragon was awesome. However that was an exception to the rule, Farcry games are barebones and devoid of soul. I hope that they eventually release a sequel to Blood Dragon, now that would be pretty cool.

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 02:31 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:49:
InBlack wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:42:
Back then though reviewers had a little bit more integrity and were not afraid to grade a game according to its actual merits.

There is some very serious misremembering going on here. Very, very serious.
And not giving enough credit to reviewers today.

Since you have such a clear and absolutely perfect memory, care to clarify what exactly Im misremembering here? Also one example out of a 100 does not make a rule or a standard. Maybe things are changing again as the industry is maturing and quality of content becomes more important than marketing but if this is indeed the case it's not there yet and it will take a while to get there.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2014, 06:11.

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 02:22 InBlack

I doubt that she is sending death threats to herself. But she is making them public, that much is true. Its an infinite closed loop, which feeds attention seekers (see I went out of my way not to use the 'bad' word just in case) and is certianly giving her a lot more visibility in the media and even bigger speaking/presenting $$$.

Anita's crying all the way to the bank. Oh the horror.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Announced
9. Re: Rebel Galaxy Announced Oct 15, 2014, 02:11 InBlack

noman wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 00:29:
"...Steam..."

I hope the PC version will also get released.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 12:42 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:
10/10 doesn't necessarily mean perfect

Perfect is literally what 10/10 means to anyone with a working brain. If a publication believes in earnest they've reviewed a flawless game (minor bugs not withstanding), great, give it 10/10. Otherwise they should stop reviewing games or stop using such a tiny scale.

I remember back in the day (90s) when PC gamer ruled supreme and people still read and bought gaming magazines. The scale was from 0-100, basically % and they got the gist of it pretty much down tight. Back then though reviewers had a little bit more integrity and were not afraid to grade a game according to its actual merits.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
8. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 12:37 InBlack

descender wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:18:
3 games, still 1 skill button. GTFO.

Heh, well said!

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed
9. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Confirmed Oct 14, 2014, 05:55 InBlack

Ward wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:06:
fantastic! I only care about the naval combat anymore, ship battles are just so much fun, fighting on decks if you get boarded. Upgrading ships cant wait. I wont even be buying Unity because of no ships

I have huge hopes for this game:

http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail

An age of sail simulator with a late 2014 release date (probably alpha or beta). I dont preorder games as a rule, but Im seriously considering pitching to support them as tehre are exactly "0" simulators of this variety and of this kind of fidelity. And its only 39,99$.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 02:57 InBlack

SlimRam wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:57:
Columbus Day? Hell Yeah, it's about time they gave Peter Faulk his own holiday dammit!

You win.

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
3. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 10:20 InBlack

Or a *gasp* space sim.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
49. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 09:52 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 08:38:

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:28:
They can go fuck themselves with their episodic content. I had a small tiny tingling hope that this game would turn out ok, that is crushed now.
So you'd rather wait for them to develop the entire game than play each part when it's ready? Bizarre.

You know what else is bizzare? Waiting for HL episode 3. Know what else is bizzare? Waiting for Blizzard to finish stretching their StarcraftII game into three seperate games. How many years has it been since the Terran campaign? Know what else is bizzare? Paying through the nose for content which might never ever see the light of day...or paying for virtual items for a game which is not even in beta yet. I could go on, but it would probably be pointless since you have so much invested in this that you obviously can't see the forest from the trees.

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
1. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 09:36 InBlack

I'd much rather have a Firefly show thank you very much.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 02:35 InBlack

Yeah gotta say the game is growing on me...the mechanics are simplistic and repetetive but there is fun to be had in the game once you start doing more of the side missions and just plain run around wreaking havoc.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
38. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 02:28 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:13:
...and the S42 team has been developing the campaign, which will be released episodically next year. The speed will increase considerably...

They can go fuck themselves with their episodic content. I had a small tiny tingling hope that this game would turn out ok, that is crushed now.

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
14. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 11:20 InBlack

Whats the deal with the suit from Crysis at 1:25?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 10:21 InBlack

avianflu wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 10:04:
I am going back to being a lurker on bluesnews but before signing off I do really want to thank "Blue" for his years of work and his website. Hope he sees this.

Dude, why?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2014, 10:19 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 10:12:
66 pages dopehead lawyer drivel. 1 page actual complaint.

Fixed that for ya!

News Comments > RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC
12. Re: RYSE: Son of Rome Released for PC Oct 10, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Verno wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:53:
Prez wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:39:

Was this on console first? Was it really that bad?

It has a few defenders like anything else on the internet but yes it was that bad. This started out as a Kinect game but when it became clear that doing anything with Kinect is fucking awful they decided to keep going instead of just wisely scrapping the whole project. The good part is the graphics, its a very pretty game. The bad part is pretty much everything else. The combat seems visceral to start but becomes repetitive and shallow quickly. The story is not even worth mentioning.

I suspect people will feel more favorable about it if they go into it with very low expectations and pay less than $15. I only put a few hours into it at a friends place but that was enough to say "ok lets not play this ever again and wheres Forza?".

Man you just described Shadow of Mordor. The story part is better though, but the combat is very repetetive even though the missions are quite varied. I had to force myself to play it yesterday and in the end it did grow on me a little bit, so its not a total loss. I just wish it took a little bit more skill to pull of those nice fatalites and whatnot, instead of just LMB button mashing (and the ocasional RMB) and pressing "F" when your sword lights up...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:31:
"It was simply the fact that his batch had a higher yeast concentration, and one of the by-products of yeast is excess carbon dioxide," said Stites.

He says his company pressured test the carbonated drink to be 14 PSI -- or pounds per square inch. He says bottles were designed to handle 42 PSI.

"The yeast was just building up the pressure in the bottles over a seven to 10 day period," said Stites.

"Heey man did you put the yeast in yet?"
"Nah, I'll do it now. In you go little yeasties"
::10 Seconds later::
"Heey man did you put the yeast in yet?"
"Nah, I'll do it now. In you go little yeasties"

As an ocasional connoisseur, I can definitely envision it unfolding this way.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

Getting a raise without asking for it? Sounds like magic to me...  

7506 Comments. 376 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo