Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8686 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2015, 03:08 InBlack

Statistically obesity is very closely linked with poverty in developed countries (and even in a lot of undeveloped ones). The problem is, as many have already hinted at, once again, money.

Cheap food + Culture of Self-Indulgence = Fat Fucks.

America will eat itself to death, long before it gets swallowed up by the Ruskies, or some Imaginary Communists, or those pesky Brown People from the Desert.

You are your own worst enemies. (Not that this is strictly related to just nutritional problems. Also I don't want to be hypocritical, this goes for my country too, and probably 90% of so called western 'democracies'.)

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
18. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 17, 2015, 02:53 InBlack

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:36:
PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:15:
Really, REALLY want to see a change to Engagement. The absolute worst part of EU was spending time to cleverly and quietly move a squad forward only to have spotted enemies get free movement to cover before combat. Let me get fucking sneak attacks and/or stealth kills.

There is a mod that lets you disable that, and to be honest, it makes the game just truly absurdly easy. Two snipers hanging back with squad sight = a LOT of dead aliens before they can even take a move.

If they allow for that, then they need to put in an "enemy converges" mode where after you take a few of them out, the rest all just bumrush you. (Which could be cool, as you could set up a defense). And then have silenced weapons to keep from being converged on.

In any case, I see why they do it. It sucks, but it's either "See them and they scramble for cover", or all the aliens just sit in cover waiting for you to show up.

Erm. Why would you think that those are the 'only' ways you can do this? Have you played any of the 'original' games? You know, the one where the Aliens actually took TURNS and moved around on the map BEFORE you encountered them?

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
19. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 17, 2015, 02:47 InBlack

Yeah goddamn them. Fuck you Rebellion, your last good game was AvP1.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2015, 02:32 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:32:
i dont get it... if you can handle chopping peoples heads off and ripping out their intestines, and exploding them like blood sausages, etc. - you should be able to handle a dog getting killed too

fucking humanity.. just die off already

The hypocrisy runs strong in our blood. Dogmeat dying and it's dead corpse following you around was one of the many clittle charming quirks of a certain legendary game called Fallout2. It was a bug of course, but what a legendary bug!

Also, not being able to lose followers is a conscious choice by the developers to hold our sensitive little gamer hands, because who the fuck wants to think about encounters right? And who wants to load games right? What the fuck is next??

Why dont they just play our games for us, while we sit on our fat asses stuffing our fat faces with pure saturated fats and bubbly sugar water...

News Comments > Bethesda E3 Showcases
12. Re: Bethesda E3 Showcases Jun 17, 2015, 02:20 InBlack

Cram wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:44:
Sho wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:26:
Something about Doom feels a bit off. The enemies stand around very statically at times. I like the minimalist HUD/UI, though.

I see what you're saying, about the demo and monsters. Kinda exactly like Doom 1 and 2....

Fuck yeah. This is what Doom3 should have been....Please be good, please be good, please be good!!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Details
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Details Jun 17, 2015, 02:17 InBlack

Wrong. On both accounts. I have never played a moba for more than 15 minutes in my life before I tried HOTS. I have tried all of them, and never really got into them. HOTS is MOBA lite, it's fast paced and fun, it's also very, very competitive. In other words it's the Quake Arena of MOBA games. Very easy to learn, very hard to master.  

3. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:30:
Loved the first game XCOM game and this seems like more of the same with some improvements to the UI so right up my alley.

Yep. I think they also mention truly random generated levels this time round, and hopefully some other goodies thrown in for good measure. (Better strategic layer anyone?)

I think that by Xcom3 they might even reach the level of the old Xcom games. At least I hope they will...

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
2. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 09:36 InBlack

I have never heard of Shenmue 1 or 2. What is it? Sounds like a name my grandmother would have given to one of her milking cows when she was a little girl living on a farm.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

Happy birthday Mrs. Blue! However creepy these wishes may sound coming from some semi-anonymous online person, they are genuine.

Also, how about that last episode of GOT!?

I have to admit to giving a little chuckle when I saw the faces of some of my non-book-reading buddies.

1. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

Awesome sauce! Along with Doom, the only other E3 game Im really excited about and get really warm fuzzy feelings about is this.

The snake 'alien' really looks shit though. I hope its just a gengineered snake, and not an alien.

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
20. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 16, 2015, 08:07 InBlack

Sheep will bleet, until they see the next patch of clovers which taste good, but eventualy just lead to another bout of flatulence and upset stomach(s)...  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
89. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 16, 2015, 03:06 InBlack

I dunno. I don't care about graphics. I want the Fallout gameplay. New Vegas rubbed that itch pretty solidly, but this game isn't made by Obsidian. Somehow Bethesda always managed to get the atmosphere and setting 'right' with their Elder Scrolls games, but Fallout3 was very hit and miss. More miss than hit really.

Sort of like a famous comedian telling bad jokes. Doesn't get much worse than that...

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 02:39 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 10:43:
Chris Pratt is an egomaniacal idiot. I just saw an article where he basically said he believes that God has singled him out for greatness and his ascent has been fated.

Rolleyes

That could be some really heavy duty sarcasm though. Actors, and especially comedians have been known to pull shit like that. Sounds like something Bill Murray would deadpan away with....

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
36. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 16, 2015, 02:28 InBlack

No gameplay. Telling? Probably, because the Witcher3 makes this game look like space putty for toddlers.  

News Comments > For Honor Announced
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 16, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

If they got the swordplay right, and if there was actual skill involved....

Two many ifs in that sentence...

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
32. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 10:04 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:58:
I'd give it a shot. Looks good, so far. Reminds me of Serious Sam, and that's not a bad thing.

Hell....Reminds me of DOOM1 and 2!!! Also Multiplayer. Doom will suck hard without it. So yeah, multiplayer. And Dedicated Servers. Since this is coming out in 2016 I dont have much hope though...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 InBlack

Guys, you two seem like some of the more intelligent and sensible posters here.

Why would you pay good money to go see Jurassic World???

Do you really like dinosaurs or something?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 15, 2015, 09:58 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 09:37:
Video games are 'better source of physical exercise than playing outside' new study claims.

Clickbait heading of the worst kind. Sometimes I just wanna go, Fuck the Internet!

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
1. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

I don't exactly know why, but I find this little tidbit of information slightly depressing.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
13. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 04:38 InBlack

HOTS is turning out to be a really competitive little game, easy to learn, hard to master. Are you just playing Coop Eraser, because that score you mentioned seems kind of unrealistic...

I average about a 50% win rate, maybe a few percent more. On the Heroes League im way below 50% ATM. Im currently at a point where if one guy fucks up, the entire team loses. The kind of comebacks Eraser mentioned are still possible, but not very likely higher up on the matchmaking ladder.

Don't get me wrong Im enjoying the game, but its got waay more depth and difficulty, once you start getting into it a little bit more.

8686 Comments. 435 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo