Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7804 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
2. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

Why do you care if they have marketng presence or not? You are playing the game already, Mojang got his billions and this is Microsoft we are talking about anyway. So no big surprise there.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 09:16 InBlack

Since Blue already mentioned it, I just wanted to say how the gas price in my country dropped all of 2% with the recent 30+% drops in crude. So as bad as you guys feel you have it in the States, you still got it pretty good compared to most of the rest of the world...

Its both a feel good/feel shit story! Depending on one's outlook

News Comments > EA/gamigo Deal
1. Re: EA/gamigo Deal Dec 11, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

But do you need to subscribe to Origin?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 08:54 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 08:42:
SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 07:36:
As I docked I was reading the news at the station some of the top player pirates have nearly 300,000 bounty on their head already!

Haha yes that's probably mostly the dumbasses who thought there'd be a wipe and went bonkers shooting anything in sight all willy-nilly. Welp, and now with no wipe happening they are finding themselves at the center of attention all of a sudden .

Is there any way to track these bandits across the galaxy? For example a last known location would be kind of cool. So that bounty hunting isnt a matter of random luck of running into AI or player pirates while sniffing around lawless systems?

(someone please say yes)

I was thinking of specializing exclusively in these kinds of missions.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 06:44 InBlack

Did they set up a way to trade with players directly yet?  

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
105. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Cool story. How do you 'access' the black market?  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
8. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

Yakubs wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:29:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:55:
From what little Ive seen of the game, the difficulty is mainly in figuring out how to get past certain set pieces. I have strong and mostly negative feelings about games that force you to trial and error your way through everything. A 'difficulty' level isnt going to fix design faults.

Par for the course for this new breed of "narrative" games. I sort of applaud them for making this type of game with some sort of actual gameplay, as bad as it may be. Compare this to some of the other ones where you literally just walk through the game and watch cutscenes/listen to dialog...

Yeah, I agree. Its also a matter of personal taste I guess. A friend of mine really loved the game from start to finish, but I just got fed up when I tried it at his place for the above mentioned reason. If they had put just a 'little' bit more thought in their level design that allowed for a more varied approach to each problem, and a just a 'little' bit more thought in the way you interact with the world, sneaking etc. the game would have been absolutely fantastic. When I had to load a set piece with androids for the 15th time, it stopped being scary, it stopped being fun, it stopped being immersive and it just became tedious.

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
2. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Not for me, but if you are a commercial plane fan/virtual pilot, there isnt anything else. With all sorts of nice flashy (payware) addons and mods it looks nice too.

I still prefer to launch live ordnance against other aeroplanes, (and I also dig the much better flight models) so Im sticking to DCS for now

101. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 09:07 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:30:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:24:
Spectral do you have any ideas how players can interact in this game (other than combat and piracy of course). Is there some kind of chat system, lobby in place? Can you cooperate and gang up in trade convoys for protection or maybe even form some kind of corps guilds?
Yes you can, I've seen from the main menu group management options and communication options, friends list etc., but I've never looked into it tbh.
There was also microphone mute option in the controls menu so I assume there are couple of ways to communicate.

Unless someone else answers your questions before, I can look into it tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks Id appreciate it. Im really looking forward to the 16th

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 09:03 InBlack

Blue wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:55:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:50:
What are you using as the client Blue? I doubt the original .exe works with Windows, but thats just an assumption.

For convenience I picked up a copy on Steam, which seems to work fine, except for the vertical mouse dealie. I may get inspired to pick up one of those more modern ports again though, as while I am not a graphics whore, the 320x200 resolution of the original is pretty horrible on a big monitor.

Any of the new ports should be good, although Ive always prefered Zdaemon to anything else. As for the vertical mouse dealie Im not sure I get what you mean. You are not talking about mouse look but 'moving' forwards and backwards when pushing or pulling the mouse right? (If thats it that is easily disabled in Zdaemon)

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder)
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Now Easier (and Harder) Dec 10, 2014, 08:55 InBlack

From what little Ive seen of the game, the difficulty is mainly in figuring out how to get past certain set pieces. I have strong and mostly negative feelings about games that force you to trial and error your way through everything. A 'difficulty' level isnt going to fix design faults.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 08:50 InBlack

What are you using as the client Blue? I doubt the original .exe works with Windows, but thats just an assumption.  

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
10. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 08:47 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:35:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 04:10:
No worries. Im not getting hooked on Origin, which is the whole point of these 'free' games shenanigans any case.

I was boycotting EA until recently, and still sort of am (I avoid buying full-cost games). But the customer service on Steam is so utterly horrible, and the service on Origin so good, it's hard to resist it. I love Valve, but I don't to reward them for being cheapskates when it comes to service. I still buy a lot of stuff there, but lately I've been less full of hate when it comes to EA.

Does Origin feature any non EA games?

99. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 08:24 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:12:
yuastnav wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 06:17:
How the hell did you guys go to Sol already? I'm somewhere around Atami(?) or Cosi or something and cannot seem to find a good route to the mother star system. Guess I'll have to grind to get a better ship.
You should be abl to make the trip with your sidewinder but you'll need some upgrades. Like a fuel scooping thingie so you don't have to land and refual but just refuel from stars, and a bigger fuel tank wouldn't hurt so you can jump further away.

I've been doing some missions last night and this morning but what I enjoy most is scouting out new systems and sell the map data on the market. Also let my ship be interdicted by pirates and try to kill them off. This morning I was playing for 30 minutes, managed to get 4,500 for my map data of discovering like 2 planets or something plus I killed a pirate worth over 8,000 credits.
I also picked up some cargo the pirate dropped and immidiately got fined 4,500 credit for stolen goods lol
Lesson learned!

Really enjoying the game so far, so relaxing to just fly around.
The sound the scanner makes still gives me goosebumps! Love how the background music fades away when you use the scanner to amplify the effect. The sound design in this game is just incredible.

Spectral do you have any ideas how players can interact in this game (other than combat and piracy of course). Is there some kind of chat system, lobby in place? Can you cooperate and gang up in trade convoys for protection or maybe even form some kind of corps guilds?

94. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 04:21 InBlack

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 01:26:
Agreed. Though it does sound like a bunch of "story" events will be released on launch day. Probably won't be as exciting as it sounds, but I'm curious if they have any tricks up their sleeves.

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about the game. Erm, I just bought in and Im waiting for the 16th. Apparently Im getting a free "Eagle" ship at launch in a secondary location. I was wondering where would this secondary location be located. Also is the Eagle any good? Can I do mercenary bounty hunting missions right from the start or is trading the only way to earn serious cash in the game?

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
6. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 04:10 InBlack

No worries. Im not getting hooked on Origin, which is the whole point of these 'free' games shenanigans any case. Freedom is always a matter of degree after all. Maaybe one day when they release that must have killer game that I must, must have. Doubt it will ever happen though, this is EA after all...  

News Comments > Evening Patches
12. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 04:03 InBlack

Yeah I get that, he obviously had a lot of fun playing the game, but he had even more fun ripping on it (at least thats the vibe I got) I liked the part where he dresses up as a hero from Skyrim to fight a dragon in DA:I. That was fucking hilarious.

In any case Im staying well away from this game for now at least. I can see it has the typical Bioware polish, as well as the typical Bioware cornercutting. but from all Ive read and seen on the game it will only make me frustrated rather than entertained. Not to mention that its EA and Origin, another big minus sign right there. Ive been looking to convince myself that this is the RPG I need to get, but I think Im just going to wait for the Witcher at this point.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 03:46 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 16:17:
Also, that Ferrari article reminds me so much of that video of the woman walking around Manhattan getting catcalled.

To paraphrase:
When I drove the Ferrari everyone said things to me, everyone stopped me, everyone asked for photos, everyone wanted my time. I just wanted to take a Sunday drive but every hundred feet someone wanted my attention and to say something to me. These weren't people I had anything in common with or wanted to talk to, just people that liked the way my car looked. It was so exhausting that, many days, I'd just stay home and drive the Ferrari in Forza instead.

Contrast that to when I had my BMW M Wagon, and I loved being stopped, because it happened very rarely and it was almost guaranteed to be someone I had common interests with in order for them to care about that car enough to stop me.

Sounds basically like the difference between walking through a city as a woman, where every single creep bothers you and it becomes extremely frustrating and limiting, versus being a man, when it's rare and often coming from something you're interested in and therefore a happy surprise.

What. the. fuck?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2014, 03:27 InBlack

wtf_man wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:21:
I'll never rent my OS. Nor will I live with it constantly wanting me to use / pay for cloud services. My shit stays on my devices... Period. Nor am I willing to be constantly data-mined with Bing interconnected to everything in the OS.

So, even though I like the Windows 10 Preview way more than Windows 8/8.1... it looks like I'll be passing on it too, and Windows 7 will truly be my last MS OS at home.

If Microsoft shoots themselves in the foot with this shit, they have only themselves to blame. Linux of various flavours has been waiting for ages for an opportunity to grab market share in large chunks. Windows7 is probably going to my last MS OS too. Its a damn shame too, because the PC gaming industry will probably be hit very hard if MS changes to a subscription model.

Want to play games on your PC? OK. In adition to buying the game, you need to RENT the OS. Now your every game is an MMO! FUCK. THAT.

News Comments > Evening Patches
9. Re: Evening Patches Dec 10, 2014, 02:20 InBlack

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 00:48:
Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 23:24:
BTW anyone doing any MP with this so far?

I played briefly, and was underwhelmed. I loved ME3's MP, but that's because combat in ME3 was awesome.

Combat in DA:I is... "eh" and so MP with waves of that self-same combat is... "eh."

On the bright side, at least most people seemed to know how to play, so there wasn't the aggravation of seeing Varric run straight into the Red Templar Behemoth anymore. God the AI sucks in this game.

I watched Angry Joe's review of the game last night, he really lets em have it on issues like, terrible monetized multiplayer, horrible PC UI, illusion of choice, poor tactical combat/AI etc. and then he gives the game 9/10???

7804 Comments. 391 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo