Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
1. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 09:56 InBlack

Damn, took me a while to get through that. Just how many studios are working on this project??  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Goes Offline
6. Re: Age of Empires Online Goes Offline Jul 2, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Sad but True. There are pretty good F2P games out there. This obviously wasnt one of them.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Team USA really did do well at this tournament. I congratulate them, you guys should be proud.  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
2. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 09:29 InBlack

Come now. It can't be worse than Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
39. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 2, 2014, 06:20 InBlack

Ok got the game yesterday. Wow its been a while since Ive been thrown in the deep end of the pool, so to speak.

There are just a TON of options in the game, and the interface aint helping none.

Just had time to create a pair of characters ranger/mage and had one fight so far which I lost like a goddamn noob that I am.

So, anyone know of a good tutorial video or page or anything which I can access to try and get to grips with the game rules/interface??

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2014, 05:54 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 01:55:
FIFA is a scam -worse just as bad than as any US coporate agency.

There, fixed that for you. As for the rest of your post its just plain wrong. The USA absolutely deserved to be there, they qualified for the World Cup and they advanced past the group stage against all odds.

Belgium happens to be one of the most talented teams in the World at this moment, they are on the upswing and many in the knowhow are betting on them being a dominant force in European football for the next few years at least.

While its true that team USA did make errors at times, they played very professionaly and never let those errors affect their concentration or their morale. This was obvious to anyone who watched the game and follows the sport closely.

Your opinions are your own and you are entitled to them just as much as everyone else is, if you dont like football (or soccer) then you dont and thats fine but this doesnt detract from the fact that team USA did very well and made a fine showing at this championship.

News Comments > DOOM QuakeCon Plans
4. Re: DOOM QuakeCon Plans Jul 2, 2014, 05:27 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 22:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 22:32:
Doom was great back in the day because there was just nothing like it. Doom 3 had kind of crappy gameplay, despite how great it looked at the time (still looks pretty good). I wonder if they'll do anything interesting to update the formula.

I've wondered that as well. To me, when Doom3 took a more realistic (graphically) and serious tone, it lost part of it's fun. I've yet to make it through Doom3, as I always get bored and play something else...

Same here, they should have stuck with the tone and scope of the first two games. Part of the reason they never did I believe was the complexity of the engine and the hardware limitations of the time. The game simply couldnt handle that many enemies at one time, or the vast open geometries of the levels that would require. Lets hope they have learned their lesson at iD and get the 'feel' of this game right.

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced
3. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 10:19 InBlack

Holy shit. This is awesome. The Ultima Underworld games were some of my earliest cRPG experiences, and they really were the first to do proper real time first person RPGs.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 10:03 InBlack

About Hydrogen Fuel Cells vs Lithium Ion Battery tech etc.

One important thing to consider, the electricity extracted from Hydrogen fuel cells is stored in batteries, which then power the engine!

They are smaller but they are still there! Im surprised that Toyotta is betting on this tech, since their car is less efficient and more expensive as a result.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2014, 10:40.

News Comments > Standalone DCS F-15C
13. Re: Standalone DCS F-15C Jul 1, 2014, 07:54 InBlack

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 19:57:
For you guys who've played it, do newbies have a ton to learn before we can enjoy the game/sim or can we jump right in in an easy/arcade mode to get our feet wet? Also, do I need a flight stick or can I pull it off with M/KB?

Id also like to add to what SMA said, there IS a 'game mode' implemented in the sim, however it's really not representative of what you want to get out of it. It doesnt compare to the arcade titles mentioned before and will just feel horribly crap in comparison.

Half the fun in DCS is getting to grips with the specific planes, in essence the 'learning' part is the fun. I cant describe the feeling after managing to bring a badly damaged P51 back to base in one piece, or even the first time I managed to wrap my head around how the radar works in the F15C. This is a thinking man's game/sim and if you dont enjoy those sort of rewards or find them tedious then this is not the game for you.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
23. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 03:46 InBlack

Looking forward to playing this!!  

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
31. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jul 1, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 22:42:
nin wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 22:26:
OH, I don't doubt he has money. And he wouldn't be the first KS to ask for others funds instead of his own, either...

Oh absolutely. What I mean is that he may possibly try a Kickstarter, it's just one of those where I'd be like "Yeah, no. If you believe in this that much, you can fund it yourself." I'll never say that rich people shouldn't be allowed to use Kickstarter but I do think it's not necessarily within the "spirit" of it.

#SpaceRezident

Remember guys. You heard it here first!

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
5. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Numinar wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 10:05:
Who cares if they sold it for 1 million?

No need to protect consumers who cannot do a simple cost benefit on an EA title.

I payed steam sale price for this at Xmas... seems alright. It's no TA/Supcom yet though (And maybe never). But they can sell it for whatever they want as long as they let everyone know it's a WIP.

I bet they got a small number of enthusiastic community testers as well, much better than a horde of impatient demanding backseat designers.

Its one thing to sell it online to dedicated fans for 100 bucks, its another to try and pass it off on retail shelves (next to 'complete' games) at 'discounted' prices of 39,00 pounds or whatever....

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 30, 2014, 10:05 InBlack

Fuck Blizzard. I used to reserve that sentence for Microsoft and the like. That is how much they have fallen in my eyes.  

News Comments > Standalone DCS F-15C
3. Re: Standalone DCS F-15C Jun 30, 2014, 09:44 InBlack

Scottish Martial Artist is right on both counts. The trailer is kind of awesome, as is the plane itself.  

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
2. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 09:41 InBlack

This is bullshit. Im all for Early Access versions, but why would anyone box copies of incomplete versions of the game. and put them up for sale at retail. Reeks of douchebaggery...  

News Comments > Dawn of War Swaps GameSpy for Steam
4. Re: Dawn of War Swaps Steam for GameSpy Jun 27, 2014, 09:33 InBlack

Sega did well here. Also good to see that the community for this game is going strong enough for Sega to intervene and not leave them hanging. Still the best one in the series, although to be fair I enjoyed the hell out of DOW2 too (when it worked).  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Sniper Elite 3 Jun 27, 2014, 09:06 InBlack

So the second is really good? Ive ignored these games on account of the first one being a horrible showelvare piece of shit, which somehow still managed to sell well...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 27, 2014, 04:02 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 19:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 18:26:
Best Buy Provides Pizza, Asks Employees To Contact Congress About E-Fairness Bill.

Illegal?

That was my thought, too. There's got to be a law against that.

Are you guys serious? Lobbying is LEGAL in the United States Congress and you are seriously asking if bribing your employees with pizza is legal??? MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA...

News Comments > DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders
7. Re: DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Preorders Jun 27, 2014, 03:47 InBlack

I have mixed feelings about ED. On the one hand they make excellent simulations, on the other hand they are slow as fuck (F18?, Nevada Map?) and their forums are a Nazi moderator's paradise.

They ban forum members left and right. Just the other day a guy got banned on ED's forums for calling out a moderator on his bullshit. No trolling mind you, people were concerned about ED's PR/image problems and the moderators were just being giant dirtbags shitting all over the forum users for being "whiny and/or entitled". This guy calls out the moderator for being rude and makes a nice point about constructive criticism. Within five minutes the guy is banned, within 10 minutes his entire post history erased. Really fucking sad.

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo