Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9017 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 05:42 InBlack

Anyone seen that Ben Kingley sci-fi Self/Less. Looks really interesting but its not playing in any movie theaters in my city (might have missed it) and Im itching to see it...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 05:33 InBlack

You don't even need much science to get this. Just use common sense. Hey lets take all that coal and oil that has been forming in the sediment for a couple of billion years and burn it in our atmosphere in a couple of centuries. What could go wrong?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 21, 2015, 05:30 InBlack

The ironic thing is that all of this has hardly produced any backlash against Ashley Madison. Sure there might be a few lawsuits in the works, but their brand recognition has just skyrocketed ever since the leak. People who have never heard of the page will be registering in droves. Yeah, people are stupid.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 14:41:
Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 12:08:
InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 09:46:
Everyone has roaches. People who think they don't have roaches are just living in denial.

Or they clean their place.

+1

You can clean your apartment morning 'till sundown, no way you will get them out of the walls, ducts, elevator shafts etc. They are the scourge of the city. Even in the burbs, you can see them. Although they are usually outside on the street rather than in the home.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
24. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 21, 2015, 02:40 InBlack

ItBurn wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 15:49:
You could definitely add a first person view to xcom. In fact, I'd love it. You keep the exact same gameplay, but you can press a button to see the battlefield from your soldier's point of view. You could aim your gun to select targets or where to go, and you could clearly see what he sees and what he doesn't. Maybe you could even walk like in a shooter and draw your walking path for your turn that way. Once you made your plan, you'd press ok and he would move on his own just like before. It would really help with immersion. The game would be harder to play if you only used that view though.

As for Fallout, if you ask me, going first person was a great idea. To me, it was an improvement to the game. Sequels should improve on previous games' mechanics, not carbon copy everything and give it a new coat of pain.

Begone demon! You have no power here! Begone!

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 02:10 InBlack

Axis wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 23:38:
Where were SUV's and smoke stacks when the glaciers in the US melted?

I don't know anyone who doesn't want to work toward a cleaner earth, but this man-made Climate religion is all a bunch of bullshit man.

What's coming is going to make the glacier melt (there were several) look like strawberries and cream on a warm spring afternoon. Keep on living in denial though, I guess it beats having a conscience.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2015, 09:46 InBlack

Everyone has roaches. People who think they don't have roaches are just living in denial.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
2. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Looking forward to what strategic and tactical enhancements XCOM2 will bring to the gameplay of the original. I hope it will be a better game, but slick trailers aside, that is not entirely a given.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 09:33 InBlack

Oh man from the very first paragraph this article can be summed up in one word: Bullshit!

Piracy destroyed PC gaming. Piracy!

And now, no good rotten dirty PC pirates are doing it again. Except now they are harrasing people/developers (who are human unlike the dirty PC pirate) ONLINE! OMG! CALL THE FUCKING MARINES, TEAM6, NATIONAL GUARD!

People are being called harsh names!!!

The author of this article is called: Robert B. Marks

@Mr. Marks:

Let me be the first to say, that article is conjecture, upon conjecture upon generalized fear-mongering fucking bullshit. It builds on the US vs THEM mentality that has grown out of individual attempts to discredit your average PC gamer. Marks you are a talent-less lying & pandering sack of shit. Fuck you and anyone else who goes out of his way to slander an entire community over the actions of individuals. Does that sound familiar? It should. Because those were the tactics used during every single witch hunt in the history of witch hunts!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2015, 08:47 InBlack

Ultra wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 20:41:
Use ground coffee

Ground coffee attracts roaches though. (If left alone in a damp, dark room that roaches have access to)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 20, 2015, 08:43 InBlack

Krowen wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 07:29:
What two consenting adults do in their own time is none of anyones business. Since when did this place have so many nosy old ladies with nothing better to do? Fucking moralists.

Says the guy who has no problems with anyone else on the internet (or on their OS) having any privacy whatsoever. Oh the irony is strong with this one.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
23. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 20, 2015, 02:16 InBlack

Randy and the rest of the crew can go fuck themselves.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
17. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 20, 2015, 02:13 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 20:09:

The problem with PA was just the developers are out of ideas, RTS has reached a point of pure stagnancy and to get it over that stagnant hump is going to require a budget many times that of the original PA.

Yeah cos you know money leads to ideas and loads of money leads to fucking awesome ideas. Rolleyes

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 20, 2015, 02:09 InBlack

Joss wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 21:57:
DirectX 12 on Win7... make it happen and the universe will be at peace.

You listen to a lot of John Lennon, don't you?

News Comments > Bob Was Hungry Released
5. Re: Bob Was Hungry Released Aug 20, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

I didn't know. I still got Bob on ignore...  

News Comments > (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage
19. Re: (Old) Leaked DOOM Footage Aug 19, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 11:41:
Looked more like Gears of Doom. Either way, dodged a bullet.

Yeah *phew*

Actually really looking forward to Doom, haven't been excited for a FPS for what seems like forever...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Aug 19, 2015, 03:13 InBlack

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 17:28:
Does anyone really play this? I don't know anyone who does.

I play this. Kind of sucks that EU has to wait at least one full day before getting the patch...

News Comments > Evening Interviews
17. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 19, 2015, 03:07 InBlack

Menu Helmet....holy shit. I don't know whats worse an incompetent snake oil salesman that drinks his own snake oil, or a competent snake oil salesman that's just out to get everyone's cash. Not sure where CR falls on the spectrum, but from all that Ive read so far I'm thinking he is hitting that oil pretty hard...  

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
1. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 09:53 InBlack

Oh my. Someone wants to kickstart this? The last one if I remember correctly was pretty terrible. (Apart from the 'purty' graphics at the time)  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 18, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

If a robot takes a walk in the woods, and there is no one there to see it, did it really happen?  

9017 Comments. 451 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo