Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 8890 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2015, 02:33 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 17:15:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

in case no one's heard yet, they found the first earthlike planet around a sunlike star in its habitable zone.

Yup. Though it's not the first. More like the 200th. Really underwhelmed by the news. Sure it's a rocky planet like Earth, sure it's right smack in the middle of the goldilocks zone but it's diameter is 1.6 times that of earth, and its mass is like 6 times that of earth. The only new thing compared to the hundreds of other exoplanets they found is that it's star is very, very similar to the Sun. In fact it could almost be a twin, although it's about a billion years or so older. Oh yeah, it's 1500 lightyears away, so no way their new James Webb telescope mission will be able to detect whether there is water or oxygen in it's atmosphere....

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
49. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 02:27 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 16:18:
Ill give you another good reason why you need and should have an adblocker on your pc while browsing.

Krypto Virus. that is a nasty virus that you do not want on your pc. it will go out an attack all your personal data and any shares you have on your network and do the same.

Good luck recovering any files if you don't have a good back up. and yes, just a random pop up can contain this nasty ass virus encryption.

This also goes in line with making sure you have a good Antivirus program installed.

I havent had any problems so far. I call it responsible surfing. Im really smart about those kinds of things.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2015, 02:21 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 19:43:
Heh, that was awesome. Also, the last place I'd expect to see something like that is in Japan, the country of conformity (although it has loosened up a bit past couple of decades).

A country of conformity? Thats pretty much a myth...They are very traditional in their outlook compared to most western countries, but thats basically where you can draw the line with the comparisons. I would love to visit Japan sometime, it's culture has always fascinated me.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
7. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 24, 2015, 02:11 InBlack

I still played Doom up until a few years ago (Zdaemon, Zdoom). Map1 (from Doom2) is probably still one of the best 1 on 1 duel deathmatch maps. From what Ive seen of the new Doom, they are going back to their roots and that is a good thing. I didn't preorder New Order so I guess no Doom MP beta for me, but you gotta hand it to these marketing assholes. Brains are not their strong suit: "Join the multiplayer beta, if youve preordered this single player game!!""

/facepalm.

Yeah, Im sure their feedback will be invaluable...

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2015, 02:39.

News Comments > DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans
6. Re: DOOM Multiplayer Beta Plans Jul 24, 2015, 02:07 InBlack

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 21:15:
Just give me a new Quake-type game, vehicles, big bases, and some twitchy (but not too fast, im old now) fun.

Vehicles? Big Bases? This game is not for you man...

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 14:07 InBlack

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:50:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:33:
I don't have any kind of ad-blocker installed. Mostly cos I'm too lazy to bother with it, but I also rarely visit sites that have too many or intrusive ads. Blue's is one of them.

All I can say to you InBlack is not having an add blocker on your pc is like not wearing a condom when your at a whore house. your taking a big chance not using one.

Its actually very simple to install. You just goggle it and say install from chromes app store and its done.

Well that's an interesting analogy...What can I say, at least Im a paying customer

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 14:05 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:20:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

They've rec'd a digital transmission from a planet of a being standing in front of 1000's of other like beings, which seems that the one being is verbally communicating to the rest of them while pointing one of their extremities in the air.

Did you just invoke Godwin's law, without invoking Godwin's law? If you know what I mean

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 12:33 InBlack

I don't have any kind of ad-blocker installed. Mostly cos I'm too lazy to bother with it, but I also rarely visit sites that have too many or intrusive ads. Blue's is one of them.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 09:44 InBlack

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 23, 2015, 09:41 InBlack

Who wants to bet that "Logan's run" remake will get turned into a teen fiction pukeworthy piece of shit?  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

Are ad-blockers legal? Holy shit....

Is datamaning your browsing history, facebook page, etc. and selling that information to the highest bidder for direct in your face advertising illegal??

Man I hate sensationalist headlines...

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
49. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 09:28 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:23:
"Fans" lol, now who is taking things personally? I've been very negative on Windows where appropriate. There are literally toggles in the OS to disable those things by the way, you would know that if you used it.

Sure Im taking it personally, you started attacking me for apparently being too 'clueless', 'unintelligent', 'inexperienced' and too busy 'talking out my ass' but hey, maybe now Im imagining things too...

47. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:09:
My guide to optimal use of Windows 10:

- Disable web search
- Disable Cortana
- Ignore the Xbox app entirely

The game DVR crap pops up on any DirectX app, I'm sure theres a way to disable it but I haven't looked yet.

I never said I hated Windows X, but apparently I need to quote your own fucking post back at you to point to shit that shouldnt even be part of a fucking OS distribution. Thank you though for reminding me that Microsoft has the most loyal fans in the world. (Apart from RSI or Cloud Imperium maybe).

44. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 08:55 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 08:39:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:31:
Yeah holy shit. Talk about a hard on for Microsoft. I never really get it, how do people end up convincing themselves that MS is looking after their best interests. Did he not get the memo where the install is full of bloat, that you need 3rd party software to remove it, and that you need a fucking firewall to disable the Microsoft's personal trojan from running in the background???

You are talking about things you clearly don't understand and have no experience with. I suggest you actually install Windows 10 so at least you're speaking from a place of experience with it. Use a virtual machine if the idea offends you so much. Before you start spouting off about Microsoft fanboys and whatnot, feel free to peruse my post history with regards to Windows 8. I'm not going to sit here evangelizing for Windows, if you don't want it then don't install it. But at least evaluate it properly so you aren't just using other peoples talking points. I don't sit around here talking crap about Mac OS X because I have little actual experience with it beyond my time with the shell environment.

Why did you take my opinion on the matter so personally Verno? I was responding to WaltC for that moronic "golden age of software development" crap he was spouting on about and besides, was anything I said not factual? Do I need to install Windows to KNOW that Im not going to like that I have to use a firewall to get rid of the invasive shit??? I never once said Windows X is shit, I listed the crap that pisses me off (and from your own experience apparently pisses you off too) and noted that it was unwise to upgrade to any OS at the beginning of an OS cycle. So yeah, what gives?

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 09:03.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
45. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 06:20 InBlack

Whatever man, I was just trying to help you out by showing how GOG's platfom is completely non-invasive but I guess you already knew that and for some reason completely chose to ignore it and post a whine about the 'greed' of some publishers. (AFAIK Steam's version is still the most expensive one sold, and thats on Valve)

You do know you can add non-Steam games to Steam right?

42. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 05:16 InBlack

Quinn wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 04:51:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:46:
What happens after the free year is up? Do we suddenly get the privilege of paying a monthly fee? Does my OS stop working until I do so? I havent been following the development of Win10 closely so does anyone know?

It doesn't work like that. You have a 1 year opportunity to get Win10 free. If you get it within that year, it'll be free for you forever. If you didn't get it within that first year, you will have to pay for it if you want it.

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarifying that.

News Comments > Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month
5. Re: Hearthstone Grand Tournament Expansion Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 03:28 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 02:34:
We’re celebrating The Grand Tournament with an exciting bundle pack offer! Starting next week, players will be able to pre-purchase a bundle of 50 Grand Tournament card packs for $49.99. In addition to 50 Grand Tournament card packs ready to bust open upon launch, the bundle also includes a triumphant new card back!

So, $50 for a discount on packs and a skin... Who am I kidding, people will buy it.

Erm...you dont have to buy a single pack. Just play the arenas and evenutally you will get them all...its what I did. I actually prefer these to the PvE expansions which are most definitely payware since there is no way Im going to dump 800 Gold per wing (5 wings in total). Fuck that....

I actually quit after the last PVE expansion hit, one of the reasons why was because of the huge gold (real money) cost on some pretty essential cards.

40. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 23, 2015, 02:46 InBlack

What happens after the free year is up? Do we suddenly get the privilege of paying a monthly fee? Does my OS stop working until I do so? I havent been following the development of Win10 closely so does anyone know?  

News Comments > Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox
14. Re: Gears of War Ultimate on PC After Xbox Jul 23, 2015, 02:44 InBlack

What happens when the year is up?

*NVM, got the answer in the Win X news thread.*

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 06:17.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jul 23, 2015, 02:38 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 12:20:
Is this the DLC that makes it good or do we have to wait for several more yet?

Yeah this game was a major dissapointment.

8890 Comments. 445 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo