Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7334 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
2. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 09:15 InBlack

nin wrote on May 22, 2014, 09:06:
I'm assuming that doesn't include patterns? Wish it did, but still glad they're keeping the buff.

It was kind of obvious that once they introduced the buff they would be very hard pressed to remove it. The backlash would have been ginormous. Still, they need to do something with itemization fast. Obviously the ladder and ladder only items will be a nice first step. But Im getting tired of the BOA. 2 friends recently lost their HC chars, and they are wary of playing again which they wouldnt be if I could give them a nice boost with the tons of legs I have in my chest.

Removal of PvP and BOA also killed a very important factor in D3. The social aspect. Now everyone runs Rifts, no one talks more than two or three words to each other, people who lagg behind or just want to chill in town are promptly kicked etc. etc. etc.

Even though I like Diablo post ROS, once I reach T6 with my HC char I will be hard pressed to keep playing. Whats the point? Get better gear so I can get better gear faster?

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve in October
1. Re: Evolve in October May 22, 2014, 09:08 InBlack

Since I was a huge fan of the original Left4Dead (zombies be damned, it was the most original FPS I have played since Half Life 1) Im very much looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
1. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 09:06 InBlack

Cerli getting on the MOBA gravy train....no pirates allowed!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization May 22, 2014, 04:14 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 22, 2014, 02:06:
harlock wrote on May 22, 2014, 01:31:
“Taking LSD was a profound experience, one of the most important things in my life. LSD shows you that there's another side to the coin, and you can’t remember it when it wears off, but you know it. It reinforced my sense of what was important—creating great things instead of making money, putting things back into the stream of history and of human consciousness as much as I could.”

- Steve Jobs

Couldn't imagine a better quote. I was all military gung-ho. In Air Cadets for years, set to join the Air Force, fly jets and all of that. Then I dosed and it was all sweetness and light after that. I'd like everyone to dose at least once. What a better world this would be.

One word. Mushrooms.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
19. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 04:11 InBlack

I hope Palmer and Zuckerberg stick to their guns and fight this in court. I dont think they are going to lose, unless Carmack was really, really stupid and actually did work on the Oculus on company time...(or money, office supplies, whatever...)  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 21, 2014, 10:49 InBlack

Nice clear guide that explains Area Damage in D3. Very useful.  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
8. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 10:38 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2014, 08:54:
The initial previews sound promising.
GMG has a 20% off code - FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY that makes the game $28.88

So were the previews for Simcity. Please dont preorder this game. Think.

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
11. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 07:48 InBlack

Ok just read that its free to play, or rather free to try. You cant really do anything without having access to the premium content.  

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
38. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 05:58 InBlack

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 05:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:47:
I don't know if they can redeeem themselves in time. Some big space games are coming out soon that will blow this terrible mistake called X-rebirth out of the water.
Such a missed opportunity.
This past weekend I broke down and paid into the Elite Dangerous beta. Been playing the single player portion over the weekend. It is fantastic. Can't wait for the beta to start in 2 weeks.

http://youtu.be/GcyMAOZg8ds

http://youtu.be/74XVP7bWJ20
What other games?

Does Elite Dangerous have explorable space stations/first person?

Really? Thats what you want? Explorable space stations, first person? This is what you are looking for in a space-sim EXPLORATION/FIGHTING/TRADING game???
Christ...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 This Summer
11. Re: Wasteland 2 This Summer May 21, 2014, 05:54 InBlack

Saboth wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:53:
mag wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:47:
HorrorScope wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:32:
Cutter wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:04:
Six months overdue, not too bad but they should open up the beta to all KS backers. At least Larian is doing it right with DOS.

Man the latest DOS patch, this thing is playing super sweet. Wasteland and the other Baulder Gate wannabee's on the horizon have quite a bar to reach and this has coop and mod'ing ta boot.

Pretty sure I'm going to feel like an idiot, but what's DOS?

Divinity: Original Sin. Probably the only game I'm going to pay full price for this year. But not doing the early access, or even watching many videos because I don't want to ruin the final game.

Same here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

nevermind  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
10. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

This game is at 6 years old finally has the content that was promised at launch. The game is not bad. Its definitely one of the more original MMO's I have played and has some of the best combat Ive yet seen in any MMO.

I did make it off the island but the content was so sparse that the grind was too excessive to get anywhere near a proper level. But the open world PvP was hugely enjoyable, and an even bigger dissapointment when you figured out that the large siege battles that were promised and player owned keeps laregly missing or bugged.

If it was free to play today I would probably log in and check it out. For a monthly fee though? No way...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 10:56 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:42:
MajorD wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:22:
Hopefully we won't see it with DOOM 4 using the idTech 6 engine.
I doubt that we will see Doom 4 at all. I doubt that we will see idTech 6 after Carmack left. There is no one left an id, who is able to do that.

And yes, idtech 5 is horrible. Only good for rendering highly detailled, vast landscapes and nothing more.

We will see a Doom4. Its almost inevitable. Sure it wont be made by id (or at least no one from the original team) and it probably wont be coming out any time soon but it will get made. You can bet your house on that.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 10:40 InBlack

Also watched GOT last night. (Its released on Mondays in EU) Great episode that went by way too fast for my liking....  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2014, 10:30 InBlack

I like to think of it this way, and Ive read in an interview that Wheeler has also brought up a similar example. If you as a consumer sign up for a 10 MBit, unlimited DATA, line then with the new rules in place the ISP has to provide the advertised speeds/caps or it will face penalites if reported.
I agree that fast lanes are a terrible idea, but some kind of regulation has to be in place to kill the throttling thats going on all over the place.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:34:
I mean, I don't really care because you aren't watching the cutscenes after playing the game once but at the same time there is no excuse for the game having a story that makes cartoons for kids look Oscar worthy.

Also looks like Peyton Manning has lost some weight

Except its not just the cutscenes. Its the little tidbits of spoken dialogue, the maps (in some places), the skill effects (in a LOT of spells/skills), the character animations, the boss fights etc. (not all of them but many like Maghda and the Butcher are just awful)....ROS corrected that on some levels, especially with the bounties and rifts, but apart from the music, and the fluid combat which has remained of consistently high quality pretty much everything else was compromised in some way...

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 09:19 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 20, 2014, 08:54:
Butterfly lady was the worst part of Diablo 3, even Claudia Black couldn't save that shit. So many weird plot related elements in that game, you can tell they changed course a few times during development. In act 1 you go through this 20 minute thing to open up some water temple that was clearly meant to be much bigger and instead you get butterfly lady exposition after fighting 5 mobs and leave.

The story, and more importantly presentation is all over the place. Too much influence from WOW developers, modeleres, animators, artists, whatever...its pure shit. In places the game feels like Sanctuary of old, but those places are few and far between.
Blizzard's only adult themed game got really watered down.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 20, 2014, 09:14 InBlack

A small caveat here. What happens to throttling with regards to the FCC ruling? Would throttling suddenly become illegal if the FCC was to pass these new rules??
When you think about it this way, suddenly things come in to focus a little bit. Right now no one is preventing your ISP from throttling your connection. With SOME kind of regulation in place this kind of shit would not be happening. So on SOME levels the FCC ruling makes sense...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
5. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 09:00 InBlack

Are any of those linked reviews trustworthy??  

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
4. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 08:58 InBlack

Have they improved upon the arcane and incomprehensible trading system? (Im not talking about the landing on ship thing, but rather the horrible UI and arcane almost magical economics...)

Oh and can we look around our cockpit now?

Not yet?

7334 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo