Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
1. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 09:52 InBlack

How the fuck can they beat Microsoft's lobby? No way they can. And even if they do get developers on board, Microsoft can simply choose to disable any support for Vulcan on Windows machines. Game over.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
58. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 24, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

Slashman wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 08:54:
hello newman wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 05:23:
performing is also an art.
without the actors' voice and style for example Thiefs' Garret would not be Garret.
Just choose your favorite character with a voice in a video game and turn the sound off for a bit.
Or better yet just try to record yourself 5 minutes of voice-over for a game you play and listen to yourself afterwards.

Yes but are they doing more than the programming guy creating the framework for the game in the first place?

Games are a slightly different kettle of fish than a stage play or TV series. Lots of people put in more time and effort than voice actors. And honestly, games can be perfectly fine without voice overs. Great, in fact. Not so much without programmers.

Sure they may be some games that are based around the voice actor. Bastion is a great example in terms of the narrator. Not sure it should be a hard and fast rule that they get royalties across the board though.

Exactly this. In that respect all the members of the development team who are responsible for the creation of the character, from the writers, to the 3d modelers, animation artists, texture artists etc. should get the same benefits.

As for TV movie Actors, yeah they are in a way 'creating' a character. But in no way are these voice actors contributing anywhere in the same league, not nearly as much as the writers, animators, programmers...etc. etc. etc..

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2015, 08:26 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 07:47:
i'm just happy there's more sci-fi films. without him we'd get nothing.

Hyperbole much? Ive seen several Tom Cruise vehicles, that are more believable and more enjoyable than anything Ridley has made in the last 20 years or so...

News Comments > Op Ed
88. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 07:29 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 04:33:
InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 03:49:
Nope they arent. But they are probably unique in that they are the only company without a released product, to do anything for 'another' buck.

Meh, hundreds of Kickstarter and Early Access games say otherwise. The difference with SC is purely one of scale.

Huh? There are other Kickstarted projects selling non-existant in game assets for real money? That's news to me man....

News Comments > Op Ed
85. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 03:49 InBlack

Nope they arent. But they are probably unique in that they are the only company without a released product, to do anything for 'another' buck.  

News Comments > Op Ed
83. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 02:51 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 01:10:
Someone wrote "CIG put a ban on any topics dealing with Derek Smart or any Derek Smart material. Even though it is not actually mentioned anywhere, CIG informed moderators to silence anyone on the chat or forums about you." Here the screenshot showing a moderator named Manic basically acknowledging the censorship ban exists.. Another person was so disgusted by this they replied, "I have today got a full refund as my main concern at the start was the censorship of the forum."

Forum lockdown and censorship was #5 on Edward H. Smith's list of "six definite steps or stages of growth in every finely balanced and well-conceived confidence game."

5. The Hurrah - This is like the denouement in a play, and no con scheme is complete without it. It is a sudden crisis or unexpected development by which the mark is pushed over the last doubt or obstacle and forced to act. Once the hurrah is sprung, either the scammer has total control, or the con fails.

They changed the forum rules so that dissent is virtually eliminated from the Backer pathos is part of a move to "give the scammer total control". And now we learn any mention of Derek Smart is punishable by forum ban.

In defense of CIG, pretty much ALL gaming forums are run like little North Korean fiefdoms. My house My rules, and all of that shit. This is one of the reasons why Blues is such an attractive place to me. I can write exactly how I feel about games and other things without fear of being censored. (Unless I start treading on toes).

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
53. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 24, 2015, 02:43 InBlack

Do movie and TV actors get paid residuals? I mean if its not in their contract?

Creating ART (any kind of art) is one thing. You leave behind a legacy. If it sells, more power to you. But simply performing what someone else wrote....why the fuck would you get paid for eternity for that?

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 24, 2015, 02:24 InBlack

Standards have fallen and Ridley Scott can go fuck himself with continuing that crapola. Hey, if it makes him happy though who am I to judge? In the age of MegaTransformers VIII, and Cockingjay or whatever I guess there is room for one more dissappointing sci-fi franchise.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
8. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 19:27:
Gee, what does endurance do? Rolleyes

Lets you endure the mediocre quests and atrociously misplaced humor?

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
7. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 23, 2015, 10:36 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:28:
Asmodai wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:20:
Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 09:54:
Good riddance to this shitty form of DRM.

While I agree that it in particular, and drm in general, are awful, there are still a number of older games that people may wish to play that will no longer work without hacking the system.

Players should probably just get fixed .exe's, but I can't really see why this change is being made now. Far too late to matter...

I literally scratched my head when reading the headline. I don't know why they're going through all this trouble, all you have to do is go into 'Services' under Admin Tools and disable that particular service. If you want it back, re-enable it. Done. But why the hell are they even bothering now? It makes no sense whatsoever. When has MS ever gone back and disabled something in a prior OS? Is there a precedent for this?

=-Rigs-=

Hmm, maybe they are going to be adding something else as a Windows 10 exclusive, (probably tied to their Windows store) then try to sell that to potential developers as another reason to support ONLY Windows 10. Yes Im that cynical.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Revealed?
3. Re: New Wolfenstein Revealed? Sep 23, 2015, 10:31 InBlack

No swastikas, no sale.  

News Comments > Op Ed
68. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 09:40 InBlack

Joss wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 09:36:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 04:18:
..but Chris has gone Full Lucas, so it seems that there's no one there to point out the flaws in his logic. Chris's own stories fit so precisely David Jenison's exit letter, that I have no reason to doubt its veracity.
That's funny. I think the Lucas analogy can now safely be replaced by Chris R. I would hate to work for that dude. Feel sorry for the guys/gals still over there.

I feel sorry for the legions of fans he has hoodwinked. Including some of our very own Blue's alumns. He was selling them virtual promises right from the start. I wish I could dig up some of my old commentary from 2013 warning people not to bite, once the stretch goals started stretching into infinity and beyond....Im not patient/smart enough though

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month
12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Next Month Sep 23, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 07:13:
yonder wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 00:54:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 21:23:
Julio wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 19:14:
130 game of the year awards must have been pretty expensive to buy.
So, you too felt cheated by reviews?

Fooled by EA once, shame on EA. Fooled by EA twice, shame on you. Fooled by EA so many times that you bought DA:I... well... a fool and his money are soon parted.

If you'd like, I can give you some predictions for other upcoming games from EA-owned studios, for a nominal fee!
The last time EA got my money was when I bought BF3. When I was presented to DA:I, after reading some of the reviews, I though I wasn't playing the same game.

Over the years (since the mid 2000s) I have developed a skill of parsing through the reviews to get a clearer picture of what a game will actually turn out to be. Let's play videos and previews clarify this further. DA:I was pretty easy actually. Not only was it made by EA, post DA2, it simply looked like a single player MMO, and a fucking actiony glitchy one at that too. As another example when I saw some gameplay videos of the Witcher3, 4-5 months before its launch I was reasonably sure that game would be pure awesomeness.

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 05:14 InBlack

Never go full Lucas. Never. Funny thing is if they took like half of that 80 Million and only built Squadron42 first, none of this would be an issue and Chris Roberts would rightly be hailed as the messiah who saved the space sim genre...  

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
4. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 23, 2015, 05:10 InBlack

Same here. They are basically taking the TF2 formula, mixing it up a little bit and adding their special Blizzard polish. It's what they do best, and I for one am pretty excited about it. It might very well end up sucking but from what little Ive seen already, I don't think that's very likely.  

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:55 InBlack

Preaching to Sugarman and his ilk is useless. From his posts he has already made it clear that even if the game is never released it's 'the journey' that was the point...

Oh man, don't you just want to slap people in the face who spew ridiculous shit like that.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
29. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 23, 2015, 03:51 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 14:10:
harlock wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 13:48:
is it really that hard for you to understand how people could play a game that is just mediocre or a way to kill time? you honestly think people have to love every game they play? shit - some people play games they hate specifically because of that

its pretty sad you cant realize that - those are your "tears" there, buddy

Hahah no, I am pretty much saying they will do exactly that - bitch and moan then buy it anyway. It's Fallout 4, everyone here is going to own it

Bethesdas design decisions are totally irrelevant, people will just change the game to play how they want like every other Bethesda game. Skyrim was pretty bland without mods and everyone loved it, this will be no different.

Skyrim was never this bland. Say what you will but the ES games have a rich and deep lore, and a terrific atmosphere, straight out of the box, vanilla flavor. The fact that you can strike out in any direction and make your own story was pretty cool in all the ES games, but it was never something that was specific to the Fallout universe. Not even with the original games. You can't simply make Elder Scrolls with Guns. Which is what they are aiming for here. It's going to be shit, because its NOT Elder Scrolls...duh....

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 23, 2015, 03:42 InBlack

And yet you keep voting the same fucking greedy bastards or populist failures into office. Year in, year out.

The only person in this race that's possibly saying something they actually believe in, and will try to implement from day 1 seems to be Bernie Sanders. Unfortunately he lacks charisma. Cos you know how people looooove to choose style over substance, any day of the week. I hope you guys vote him in, I really do. Hope dies last.

Clinton will probably try to steal his thunder, and promise everything he is promising. Except when you elect Clinton president, none of that shit will come to fruition. Mr. and Mrs. Clinton are pretty tight with Wall Street. And that will be the end of that, status quo preserved...

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 03:33 InBlack

Sugarman wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 03:07:
I'm out, no more tonight. People can make up their own mind.

Hahahhaha. Sorry couldnt resist. Ahahahahahha.... Laugh

News Comments > Street Fighter V Specs
4. Re: Street Fighter V Specs Sep 23, 2015, 02:49 InBlack

What the fuck??? Are these guys the worst coders on the planet, or what? So you have TWO characters in a one room level....Jesus Christ, imagine if they had to make a FPS shooter, i7, triple SLI GTX980 minumum required, lol...  

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo