Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7794 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
6. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

gilly775 wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 09:31:
and die-hard Sidewinder fans may be offended to hear them refer to this as "the best PC controller Microsoft has ever produced."

Which Sidewinder controller? there were many different models.

That would be the Sidewinder FFB2 Pro. (With the USB dongle)

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
2. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

I wish someone would make a decent successor to the almighty Sidewinder FFB2 joystick. With the recent ressurgence of WWII and space flight games, its about damn time for one damnit.

The Warthog(TM) stick is nice and everything but its too expensive for a non FFB joystick, which IMO is a must have for flying on the edge of the flight envelope, especially with propeller planes and whatnot.

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
3. Re: Post your FPS config - old school Sep 17, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

Bats, you forgot jump

W - forward
S - Backward
A - strafe left
D - strafe right

LMB - Fire
RMB - Alt. fire (or reload, whichever is more common)

SPACE - jump
CTRL - crouch, duck, prone whatever
E - USE/OPEN

Hmmm what else, oh yeah I do use the mousewheel to change weapons wherever possible.

So yeah mostly default sets, also I used to play with invertmouse since like forever, but I recently dropped it and it didnt take me long to adjust. Feels like my aim is better but its been forever since I actually played a multiplayer FPS worth a damn.

Oh and for the record my gaming mouse is the Logitech MX510 which IMO is the best gaming mouse ever made.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2014, 09:37.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
31. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 09:13 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 08:58:
As far as I'm concerned, print books are dead. In one or two more generations they'll become nothing more than a novelty.

Oh you mean like the telephone, or the TV set? Maybe like the desktop computer?

There will always be a demand for print books. It will shrink but it will be there, unless Amazon destroys it that is.

28. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 08:49 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 08:37:
Amazon wants the price for most ebooks to be around $10; they've said as much in plain English. They've declared this the best price point for a) sales numbers and b) revenue. Of course they are going to take a loss for the time being, they are trying to prove a point. As soon as shitheads like Hachette get the message and stop trying to sell ebooks for $25, Amazon won't have to undercut.

This currently benefits the consumer, but once they eliminate ALL competition guess who gets to pick up the bill....

There is no physical good for Amazon to have complete distributive control over. At the first sign of unjust ebook price hikes, somebody else will come in to distribute. There are no huge gears of commerce which need to be reconfigured to swing control away from Amazon.

I think you misunderstood me, sorry my bad I wasnt being clear. I was talking about PRINT books! This is something that has been rarely mentioned (if at all in the media) but which I have firsthand knowledge of. Their shenanigans with ebooks are just the tip of the iceberg people.

P.S. I agree that ebooks are generally overpriced, there is no reason why, for e.g. say a general fiction, ebook should cost more than the average mass market paperback.

News Comments > ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy
22. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 06:55 InBlack

Ganking is possible in this game? This is already a huge improvement on most MMOs out there. There is nothing worse than care-bear PvE environments where there is no challenge (except for the grind) no death penalty and no significant interaction between players as a result.  

26. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 17, 2014, 04:07 InBlack

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 17:59:
MacLeod wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 16:09:
My favorite part of their letter is:

"No group of authors as diverse or prominent as this has ever come together before in support of a single cause."

Yea... a cause that's about how much money you're making... real noble "cause". hehe.

And except for that petition from eight times as many people who are saying "Hey, stop sticking up for the old bullshit guard, and let Amazon, who has been a godsend to us, set fair prices." linked in that same article.

Or as another commenter excellently mentioned, the incredible group of authors who put their support behind Solzhenitsyn.

Whiny-ass pos writers. Oh noes, what about "all" the advances that publishers give to new writers? What, you mean the thousand fucking bucks that you'd be lucky to get, in exchange for a deal where you get 2% of the sale of every book? Fuck that noise. I've had several of those contracts offered to me, and every time I basically said "You're joking, right?"

The sooner those Big Five publishing houses die off, the fucking better. They're no better than the likes of EA. Just thousands of fucking parasites feeding off the work of a few.

As someone who works in the industry I have to disagree with you on most of your points. I have a unique view of the situation so let me try and explain my reasoning here.

The publishers set the prices. However, what Amazon is doing is undercutting EVEN THE NET PRICES. I cannot stress how fucking low this is. They are selling the books for LESS than they bought them. They are still making money on the huge bestsellers (and all the assorted other shit that they now sell) but by undercutting all the rest of the books and selling them at a slight loss, they are ENLARGING their user base and destroying any and ALL kind of fair competition.

None of the rest of the competition is big enough to afford to sell books at a LOSS.

They are quickly and efficiently turning themselves into the only customer on the block. You sell to them, or you dont sell at all.

As someone who works for a company that does both retail and publishing, Amazon's practices are killings us. They are basically killing the industry. This is the DEFINITION of anti trust and needs to be stopped. Amazon is creating a monopoly the likes of which the world has never seen.

This currently benefits the consumer, but once they eliminate ALL competition guess who gets to pick up the bill....

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2014, 04:13.

20. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 03:56 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 03:51:
Did no one catch that I was quoting Agent Smith from The Matrix?

On a more serious note, I was trying to obliquely point out that people take affront to hunting animals in game because they are threatened in the real world, and people have an emotional attachment to that. Animals are also innocents. Humans are neither threatened nor innocents, therefore people have less compunction mowing them down by the hundreds or thousands in game.

Heh missed that one. Once again I agree with you, but I have to add that this fact still makes me terribly sad and depressed. One of the main reasons why the world is going down the fucking tubes is the general lack of empathy that we have for each other...

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
29. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 17, 2014, 03:44 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:59:
InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 02:29:
I really, really hope they do a Blood Dragon sequel, spinoff etc. at some point with this engine. Farcry3 was kind of lame IMO, Blood Dragon on the other hand was one of the better shooters I have played. (It was just too damn short :()
That's funny. I loved FC3, though the main character sucked and it was too long, but hated Blood Dragon. Blood Dragon took some of the more interesting parts of FC3 and stripped it down to nothing and then changed the color palette to an eye-shearing red.

Different strokes I guess? Sure the graphics were stripped down, as well as the gameplay somewhat but the humour and atmosphere more than made up for it. Blood Dragon captured some of that crazy in a bottle, as well as the whole Terminator/Cyberpunk 80's action trash vibe feel perfectly. I loved it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 03:22 InBlack

Shineyguy wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 11:23:
Rossini wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 10:09:
InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:24:
The fact that we haven't gotten rid of the penny here in the US is simply insanely stupid. Probably should get rid of the nickel and paper $1 bills while we are at it. But it won't happen, it makes too much sense.

Why stop with the penny. At the risk of sounding very radical, why not get rid of money alltogether? Hard to believe that someone had the balls to come up with that concept and build a TV show around it, BACK IN THE 60s!!!?? Yeah kind of hard to accept that our parents and grandparents were more progressive and visionary than we are.

What show are you referring to?

Star Trek is my guess. However that would need a global change and coming together, which just isn't possible at this time.

We can still hope though. Also the technology exists today to make this possible. We dont need transporters and warpdrive. There are enough resources in our solar system to last 100 times the population that we have now for the next Billion years. The problem is not technological in nature. Its psychological and sociological i.e. we suck.

18. Re: ArcheAge Launches; Founders Unhappy Sep 17, 2014, 03:14 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 02:22:
Asmo wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 23:19:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 22:39:
I found the one quests where you murder turtles for medicinal value to be offensive. Even a Korean game should not do that in Korea considering the senseless slaughter of animals around the world that causes so many animal populations to disappear when a sugar pill would probably be just as effective.

Seriously?

It's a fricking game... You're killing pixels, nothing more, nothing less. Much like playing Hitman, murdering a bunch of people has no actual implications for RL...

Jeebus, I really hope you didn't play AC:Black Flag or Far Cry 3. The amount of rare/endangered species you slaughtered in those games to make wallets and holsters etc were epic...

The difference is that turtles are endangered, humans aren't. Every animal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but humans do not. They move to an area and they multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way they can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. They're a plague and you are the cure.

Holy shit jdreyer. While I agree with you (in principle) we are talking about video games here right?? I too am ashamed of what we as a race are doing to our planet, but Im not going to go on a murderous rampage to 'cure' it am I?? Im still a part of this species and murdering people is just as wrong as murdering dolphins, whales or turtles.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition & Free Update Released Sep 17, 2014, 02:27 InBlack

Ok might be worth checking this out if they ironed out the worst kinks in the game. Been a while since I played RomeII, and although I did have gripes with the game I still enjoyed it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2014, 09:45 InBlack

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 09:24:
The fact that we haven't gotten rid of the penny here in the US is simply insanely stupid. Probably should get rid of the nickel and paper $1 bills while we are at it. But it won't happen, it makes too much sense.

Why stop with the penny. At the risk of sounding very radical, why not get rid of money alltogether? Hard to believe that someone had the balls to come up with that concept and build a TV show around it, BACK IN THE 60s!!!?? Yeah kind of hard to accept that our parents and grandparents were more progressive and visionary than we are.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Free DLC Sep 16, 2014, 08:45 InBlack

Cool  

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2014, 03:23 InBlack

Id still like a nice reasonable discussion about the problems in journalism (or rather the lack of any 'significant' journalism) as related to the gaming industry, without the issue being obfuscated and/or steered into the non sequitur territory of #gamergate which has nothing to do with the issue at hand. (Although the issue is blown out of all proportions directly as a result of the non-profesionalism that is ever prevalent in the gaming media)  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 16, 2014, 02:51 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:18:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:57:
So you're in favor of breaking up capitalism?

No, he's in favour of restoring capitalism. See, capitalism means competition that provides the best product and/or service at the lowest price. You don't have that.

No it doesnt, where did you read that? "Capitalism is an economic system in which trade, industry, and the means of production are largely or entirely privately owned and operated for profit.[1][2]"

This is Capitalism, competition is not something that is essential or even beneficial to Capitalists.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2014, 02:47 InBlack

I applaud you for completely derailing this thread Beamer, by somehow bringing Anita & Gamergate (or whatever stupid label they keep using) into the discussion about articles which have very little to do with this issue. The main issue was objectivity and journalism in gaming. You have successfuly managed to troll the thread up to post 43. Que Applause. 10/10.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
19. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 02:29 InBlack

I really, really hope they do a Blood Dragon sequel, spinoff etc. at some point with this engine. Farcry3 was kind of lame IMO, Blood Dragon on the other hand was one of the better shooters I have played. (It was just too damn short :()  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2014, 09:18 InBlack

An OK article/editorial on RPS and I agree with most of what was said, however it fails to mention the codependence of the gaming 'press' or critics with publishers and developers. I dont think anyone has written or even investigated anything with regards to that relationship, or indeed the relationship between the gaming sites and their readership. Now that would be "newsworthy" stuff if anyone ever tried investigating and writing about it.  

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
70. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 08:31 InBlack

Rigs wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 15:54:

Please don't put words in my mouth...that's not what I said. I said that you don't play Minecraft yet speak as if you know exactly what part of Minecraft MS is going to slice and dice and why. How can you possibly know what could be of interest to them if you don't know the very game they want? I know it's not 'console exclusivity' yet everyone here seems to think that's exactly what it is. It's not, I'm telling you it's not and now you're telling me you already knew that. Any other reasons you might fancy?

=-Rigs-=

Yeah because only active players of Minecraft have any idea what is going to happen with the game and what Microsoft is going to do with it. Rolleyes

Please tell me how this insider info has been made available to only those who are actively playing the game? How many execs at Microsoft do you think are playing Minecraft at this moment? I would wager about 0, yet I would also wager they have a much better idea of what is going to happen to Mojang and the Minecraft IP than anyone on this board.

7794 Comments. 390 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo