Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7345 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
3. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 28, 2014, 09:40 InBlack

Im kind of hopeful for the OS part at least. But this is Valve we are talking about here, and Valve Time is a topic that needs no discussion.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Confirmed
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline Confirmed May 28, 2014, 09:35 InBlack

InBlack wrote on May 28, 2014, 03:14:
*Yawn*. I doubt this will have the complexity of any scenarios you guys are imagining here. I imagine it will have a large sprawling (city?) map with lots of vehicles and two teams which will fight for control of the city, with like control points or something. Hardline cops on the one side, defending liberty and justice. On the other a ragtag bunch of evil, treeloving, occupy prote(rror)sters which need to be put down. Hard. Yeah something along those lines, sounds cool right? Derp.

Heheh, guess I was spot on. Also the graphics look particualrly jarring, Im not usually a graphics whore but this looks worse than the last two or three battlefield games. In fact it looks worse than Battlefield 2 for that matter...
Bonus points for glorifying more guns and violence, in a civilian setting!!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 06:05 InBlack

Creston wrote on May 27, 2014, 17:21:
harlock wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:50:
Creston wrote on May 27, 2014, 13:32:
descender wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:16:
I still enjoy the throwback soda's. They are quite a tasty treat, especially when you don't drink regular soda on a daily or even weekly basis...

You can still enjoy soda even if you don't drink it regularly? How often do you still drink soda? I basically never drink it anymore, and if/when I try to drink even a throwback soda, it's so frakking sweet that it nearly makes me vomit.

yeh i had been cutting back for a while, but over the past year ive had none at all whatsoever... went to the store the other day and figured id pick up one of those "full throttle" drinks for a change of pace (which i used to enjoy quite a bit).. and drinking that was a pretty crazy experience, like getting slapped in the face and punched in the gut - felt odd for about an hour, strange feeling, not nauseous, not sick, just weirdly uncomfortable

one thing i can tell you about not drinking soda for a long while is that my energy level throughout the day is now noticeably more stable and even.. its a pretty significant and enjoyable change

I felt the same way. Sugar is basically just poison...

How many poeple drink soda on a regular basis? What about beer? Drugs? Marijuana? Heroin? Crack? Cocain? Seriously Im not comparing Soda to crack but my point is poeple 'choose' to put poison in their system. Its about choice. Everyone enjoys their poison of choice, and Im fine with that.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears
15. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 28, 2014, 03:34 InBlack

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on May 27, 2014, 18:25:
descender wrote on May 27, 2014, 12:32:
I know that the features are there, but what percentage of the people that purchase these games do you think seek out these online sim groups? My first guess is less than 25%. They had a lobby system built in, but there was never really more than a few dozen people to play with in there. I think what they need(ed?) to do is to include a simple matchmaking mode (a la War Thunder) so that the majority of people that play the game can actually experience some online dogfighting (and therefore become instantly obsessed with it because... obviously). People would be much more apt to try something like that, than to seek out a group of "flying aces" to school them relentlessly.

IL-2 didn't include an in-game server browser because in 2001, when it was released, that was not a standard feature for simulators. HyperLobby support was there from the beginning however, and again, still supports a very active community. You do not need to join a the equivalent of a clan to find a game. You just download a 3rd party utility, and you can find active servers immediately. It's not hard. And frankly, with Gamespy shutting down in a few days, it will be a lot easier to find a game of IL-2 to join than it will be to find a game of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Aliens versus Predator 2, Arcanum, or Civilization III, i.e. any of the other big releases of 2001.

As for War Thunder, that's a pretty inferior sim, aside from graphics of course, and the community's complete lack of understanding of fighter tactics makes it a trivial competitive environment for veteran simmers. In short, War Thunder is a different game for a different audience.

Warthunder is only called a sim by people who play Warthunder. It also features game 'balancing' which favours russian hardware. Surprise, surprise....

14. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 28, 2014, 03:25 InBlack

sauron wrote on May 27, 2014, 15:41:
Kind of annoying that the FW-190 is only available in the Premium Edition. A real WW2 classic, that one.

You are wrong. The sim contains the FW190 'A', a rather poor performing aircraft when you compare it to the aircraft you are thinking of. The world famous Dora, or as it is less comonly known the FW190 'D'.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2014, 05:40.

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
14. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 28, 2014, 03:14 InBlack

*Yawn*. I doubt this will have the complexity of any scenarios you guys are imagining here. I imagine it will have a large sprawling (city?) map with lots of vehicles and two teams which will fight for control of the city, with like control points or something. Hardline cops on the one side, defending liberty and justice. On the other a ragtag bunch of evil, treeloving, occupy prote(rror)sters which need to be put down. Hard. Yeah something along those lines, sounds cool right? Derp.  

3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 11:03 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:53:
Can you not just buy those planes later as a DLC or unlock them in game or something?
I hope this is not going to be some sort of a MP only game where what kind of planes you own does make a big difference

Its a sim. So there is no 'balancing' of the type usualy found in other games. All the planes behave according to how they should in real life. Some are good at altitude, some have great climb speed but poor cornering speed. Others are very agile but lack power. etc. etc. I think the best all round plane in the game is the 109BF-G, because of its powerful engine and heavy armament. Its a small airframe that is very fast but it also has its own weaknesses. (The spitfire will outturn it in a dogfight for example)

1. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in September; Beta Nears May 27, 2014, 10:52 InBlack

Im so stoked for this. Although Im less stoked about their pricing. The Premium edition comes with two aditional planes. They are not the best planes in the game, but still....Kind of a dick move.  

News Comments > AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS
4. Re: AMD Calls Out NVIDIA; Former NVIDIA Dev Calls BS May 27, 2014, 10:42 InBlack

Ahh, a common misconception among fanbois of all graphical colors and inclinations is that if a game features an Nvidia or AMD logo, where it says that the game is optimised for one or the other, is that the game is actually optimised for said hardware. This is not true. Its BULLSHIT in capital letters. Its simple marketing, nothing else, devs pocket money from said hardware vendor and usually do nothing of the sort. Sure they optimise their game for DirectX but very few devs actually deal directly with the hardware.
The culprit in this case is probably located in Redmond. DirectX is a bloated piece of shit API but it should unbiased towards the hardware used. I say should be, since its quite possible that Microsoft intentionally or unintentionaly fucked something up in their last distribution.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 10:32 InBlack

TangledThorns wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:20:
Yakubs wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:14:
It's bad enough that every imagination-deficient American is naming their poor kid Aiden these days -- now imagination-deficient game developers are naming their characters Aiden too?

Unfortunately names are trendy here in the States but its nowhere near as bad as the Middle East where every boy is named Mohammed or Osama.

And we have a winner. You do realise that Jesus is the most common name in the world today? Mohammed is a close second but Osama is not even in the top 20...

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
62. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 08:58 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 27, 2014, 08:52:
InBlack wrote on May 27, 2014, 08:45:
Piss poor port.
Wasn't the PC the lead platform?

Dont tell me you actually believed that? Cant remember the last time I read a (pre)view or Op-ed on PC Gamer that wasnt pure hype, or a plain outright lie.

58. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 08:45 InBlack

Piss poor port. Does it run like shit on the consoles too?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary May 27, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2014, 00:28:
harlock wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:40:
after the colossal letdown of xrebirth, this is like manna from the gods

im stoked as a motherfucker for this

Because you are a space captain?

Win!

News Comments > Memorial Legal Briefs
17. Re: Memorial Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 03:28 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:48:
jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2014, 16:33:
Personally, I think the verdict was just right. Samsung actually did copy the iphone too closely, and got dinged for it, although mildly. It's certainly not the case now as Samsung devices have their own look these days. That being said, Apple has some horrible practices and wasn't really affected by Samsung's missteps, and so a small reward seems morally justified.

Can't agree on the looks, all TVs look exactly the same, you just need to spot the brand name, anybody can spot a fucking brand name. Do you see TV makers patent trolling each other? NOPE.

Agreed on the new looks.

Agreed on not affected since Samsung mainly went after the crowd who are allergic to Apple ( like me ) in the high end and the middle/low end which was, back then and even now to a certain extent, totally ignored by Apple because they can't gouge people on the low, and to some extent, middle end with insane profit margins and overpriced internal memory.

Agreed on the below lawyers cost reward. That'll teach em.

This. This 1000 times. Im not a fan of corps, but Samsung is at least producing mobile phones based on market demand, instead of overpriced and unerutilized postmodern mod statements. This bullshit with patenting round edges and start buttons has got TO STOP!

48. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 27, 2014, 03:22 InBlack

*clears throat* Ahem. I. Told. You. So.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
67. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 26, 2014, 05:30 InBlack

I just wanted to add another 6, to the 66th post above me. That is all.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2014, 05:28 InBlack

Well said Blue. I attribute it to Corporate logic. Its sort of like clerical dogma. It doesnt have to make sense. It just is.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary May 26, 2014, 05:01 InBlack

Very cool.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer
8. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer May 23, 2014, 10:47 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on May 23, 2014, 10:22:
As for EA even $55 is a bit too much for me. I'll wait for the finished game. Their expansions were kind of hit and miss so it is better safe than sorry.
September is just around the corner anyways

Yeah agreed. But Ive been watching a lot dogfights on youtube and Im so damn impressed with the fidelity of the graphics and (from what Ive managed to gleam) the flight model. The planes seem to behave very realistically at high angles of attack and though its probably not as great as the DCS FM their netcode is much, much, much better.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Trailer
7. Re: World of Warplanes Trailer May 23, 2014, 10:42 InBlack

descender wrote on May 23, 2014, 10:29:
I never understood the headtracking advantage... obviously turning your face away from your monitor can't increase immersion in your games... is the effect more subtle than that? Or are you constantly viewing the screens out of the corner of your eye when you need to "turn" the guys head in the game to see something?

I just don't get it.

You dont use the full range of motion of your head so its much more subtle than that, and you can fiddle with the sensitivity to get it working to your liking. Its not an immersion killer, just the opposite. With complex simulators like DCS you need to have very good SA (Situational Awareness) and mucking about with snap-view hotkeys, while controlling your aircraft, selecting weapons AND controlling your radar beam gets really complicated, really fast. This frees up your hands while at the same time improving immersion. This is doubly true in a dogfight where you need to keep your eyes fixed on the bandit at all times. Most simulators support full 6 degrees of freedonm so you can lean to look down from the side of your cockpit or lean in to check a particular instrument. All in all, nothing comes close apart from the Oculus which has its own quirks ATM.

7345 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo