Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9640 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
2. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 29, 2015, 13:49 InBlack

Pretty cool. I would play the shit out of this if they did it right.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
26. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 13:38 InBlack

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:18:
Shorter Rockstar, or TL;DR version:

"Fuck you, PC gamers."
Surely you understand the difference between a business decision and a personal insult?

Surely you understand how one can also be the other?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
2. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 09:39 InBlack

Obviously in development, we were all PC-based and had it running for win32 clients for the entire development

I wonder if he is even aware of the irony. He sounds so shocked that it probably went right over his head...priceless

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2015, 09:25 InBlack

"I felt it was my duty to help, and so we did"

Yeah by selling them the servers. That's called profiteering, not helping Carly...although I guess your average patriot might not know the difference.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 29, 2015, 08:18 InBlack

Luke wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 07:40:
InBlack wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 03:13:
Holy shit, you guys are the biggest bunch of pussies ever. Hhahah, oh noes, Half Life 2 made me queasy....

Im pretty sure that even though some of you experienced problems playing 3d FPS games, the vast majority or people didn't and probably won't with properly designed VR gear.

with properly designed VR gear.

And those we haven't see yet

As we actually don't even have any commercial VR gear available at the moment, I think maybe just maybe it's kind of premature to call them all a failure don't you think?

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
124. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 29, 2015, 05:52 InBlack

Kosumo wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 18:45:
Chris Roberts and snake oil go together like Obama and hope. - zing

Ok, that was actually pretty damn funny.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2015, 03:24 InBlack

LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 16:46:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 15:08:
LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:33:
Britain is almost a defacto Orwellian state at this point and the rest of the world doesn't seem too far behind. Except the Nordic countries like Denmark. They're the only ones who seem to have it together all around. Might be a good place to move.

Oil money, %50+ tax's and 8euro beers, whats not to like!

Yes, and no poverty, great medical, dental, education, green spaces, etc. for all their citizens. Yeah, I'll take that over the huge discrepancies between rich and poor in the rest of the world. It's a small price to pay for a great standard of living.

No poverty? That would be 13% poverty which is compared to the USA's 15%. Not saying its not a good system, but its not as you paint it.

No poverty lol. Classic Cutter...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 29, 2015, 03:20 InBlack

Orwell is spinning in his grave. Commies, the great RED threat! Hhahahah. Boy were you wrong George....  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 29, 2015, 03:13 InBlack

Holy shit, you guys are the biggest bunch of pussies ever. Hhahah, oh noes, Half Life 2 made me queasy....

Im pretty sure that even though some of you experienced problems playing 3d FPS games, the vast majority or people didn't and probably won't with properly designed VR gear.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 11:16 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:24:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 09:44:
I personally don't care about SQ42. I want Star Citizen, and most people are in the same boat as me, so that's why they don't focus on SQ42.

I disagree. The vast majority of people are not black&white like that but they want to play both, Squadron 42 and the PU, which perfectly corresponds with the game's original vision which is you join the military, play through the SP campaign and then become a (civilian) citizen at the end to continue your life in the PU.

People might have a preference for S42 or the PU (for me it's S42) but the people who do not care at all for either the SP or MP aspect of the game are the exception. Most of us want to play both.

Yeah, so considering the progression of the game which do you think should come first? SQ42 or the PU?

News Comments > No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives
2. Re: No Fallout 4 DLC Exclusives Sep 28, 2015, 11:14 InBlack

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:01:
Horse Armor for everyone!

Yeah, thanks Pete!

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 05:59 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 04:14:
Well, Roberts still is with Squadron 42... at least theoretically...

Roberts had plenty of time (and money) to focus on SQ42. Instead he chose not to, and is paying the price I'd say. The further decision to split SQ42 into episodic content has only cemented my belief that SQ42 will probably never see the light of day.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2015, 03:58 InBlack

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 23:02:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 20:19:
I tried Elite Dangerous.. and it felt so god damn empty. So lonely.. i never felt like I was part of a big game

Tapped out after a few tries.

Still having a lot of fun screwing off in MGS though!

If you haven't you should check out freespace 2 scp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

http://scp.indiegames.us/

http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2

Ive played through FS2 at least like 4-5 times over the years. I think I played with the latest SCP build available at the time at least twice. FS1 and FS2 rocked. Great games. With that said there are only so many times you can play through a space sim campaign without getting bored with it. We need something new and fresh along those lines, too bad neither Braben or Roberts are making that game.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta October 8th Sep 25, 2015, 07:49 InBlack

Gib007 wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:07:
I'm looking forward to browsing through those servers.

Well played sir, well played! Golfclap

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
11. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 25, 2015, 03:31 InBlack

I guess Im the only one who liked DOW2. I loved its multiplayer for whatever reason, and because playable Tyranids FTW!!!. Also I guess because it didnt really depend on APM so much. The slow as molasses matchmaker ruined it for me though. God that was terrible....  

News Comments > Op Ed
115. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2015, 03:11 InBlack

Fuck it...Im gonna make the effort now:

InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 09:25:
ViRGE wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 05:52:
InBlack wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 03:45:
Hello my name is Failed Hasbeen who made a few really cool games in the rose-tinted-ancient-past of the 90's.
If anyone can make a space sim work in 201X, it's Chris Roberts. If he can't do it then the genre is probably dead for good, as the pool of people with any kind of experience developing the genre is only going to shrink.

Thats pure conjecture how can the genre shrink from nonexistance? Its not like Chris Roberts was or is the ultimate space sim developer and the games were hardly original. Sure the first few Wind Commander games were quite good, but they werent even close to the greatness of Xwing or Tie Fighter. In my opinion Freespace1 & 2 were better games as well, all they lacked was FMVs. Hell, even the setting of the games is a complete rippoff of Larry Niven's world building Ringworld novel combined with a heavy dose of Babylon 5. Still they were good games for their time, and their biggest innovation were FMVs which were very cool but kind of gimmicky as no one could afford live action hollywood actors who would star in interactive movies.

All Im saying is that there are so many developers who are asking for money out of OUR pocket to develop their games which MIGHT or MIGHT NOT ever see the light of day or might not end up even remotely close to what we were expecting of them, its crazy...

I wish Roberts the best of luck but I would still advise caution, he hasnt been making games for a while and I will save my money for a cancer cure crowdsource...(or something practical along those lines)

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2015, 03:00 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 14:35:
InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 02:24:
Standards have fallen and Ridley Scott can go fuck himself with continuing that crapola. Hey, if it makes him happy though who am I to judge? In the age of MegaTransformers VIII, and Cockingjay or whatever I guess there is room for one more dissappointing sci-fi franchise.

Hyperbole much right back at you. Prometheus has many problems but don't even put it on the same level as Michael Bay shit.

It's definitely on that level man. It's cringe worthy. Especially when you consider the fact that it is filmed so well, and that it was filmed by Ridley. Try and rewatch it again as I did recently, and you will see exactly what I mean, from the moment they step foot on the planet.

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
31. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 25, 2015, 02:55 InBlack

Razumen wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 23:06:
shihonage wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 17:52:
Razumen wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 17:35:
What missteps with W10? You mean the privacy settings that were plainly obvious during setup? Or them deactivating support for old shitty DRM? The first of which was greatly overblown, and the second is a good move on their part.

Always cute to see an early adopter justify their choices. "Overblown" LMAO.

Always cute to see someone dodge an honest question with a self-righteous snarky judgement.

Enjoy your disabled spyware....look there is a Windows update patch...oh it's back on again!

Back on topic, if anything can surge a large push towards Linux it would definitely be a platform agnostic API like Vulcan, however it needs to perform AS GOOD AS DirectX. Which is something that will never happen, if Vulcan is open source like OpenGL was. Why do you think OpenGL development is lagging behind DirectX so much? There is no money in open source, while Microsoft can spend millions iterating and promoting DX and its related tools.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Progression Details
6. Re: Fallout 4 Progression Details Sep 25, 2015, 02:18 InBlack

I for one say, fuck this. They dumbed it down so that you don't have to think about anything other than the starting stats you choose. The Fallout2 system was best, there was no reason not to leave it in.

I want 95% to hit in the crotch, with my Bozaar motherfucker!

News Comments > Source 2 Running on Vulkan
12. Re: Source 2 Running on Vulkan Sep 24, 2015, 13:34 InBlack

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 11:34:
InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:52:
How the fuck can they beat Microsoft's lobby? No way they can. And even if they do get developers on board, Microsoft can simply choose to disable any support for Vulcan on Windows machines. Game over.

They could also prevent Steam from running but they didn't do that either. Regardless of what your personal feelings are about Microsoft they're a fairly benign platform holder in this sort of regard thanks to all of the anti-competitive lawsuits from the past.

They will compete through DX12, not by disabling Vulkan or something equally silly.

Why would they disable Steam? Steam is huge on Windows, it's the vendor of choice for Windows gaming, not exactly the same as an independent graphics API. They don't have to disable Vulcan outright though, they can simply make it difficult for Vulcan to compete with DirectX on the Windows platform, difficult enough so that developers would not be bothered to code for two different APIs especially when one of the APIs has a 99% user base. I may be a little bit paranoid where Microsoft is concerned but it's not like they haven't tried all sorts of shenanigans in the past. With widespread Vulcan adoption users could simply switch to Linux and forget all about Windows. Would Vulcan be open source like OpenGL is?

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2015, 13:41.

9640 Comments. 482 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo