Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7191 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
8. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 29, 2014, 03:36 InBlack

Fucking awesome. Im kind of sad I sold my G25....:(  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
49. Re: Bungie, traitors to their heritage Apr 29, 2014, 03:33 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 03:21:
Timmeh wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 01:49:
Doombringer wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 19:05:
Bungie isn't Bungie any more. Hell, when Bungie went to MS, they stopped being Bungie.

Halo was debuted at a god-damned MacWorld conference, let's not forget. It barely made it to PC as a lousy port, years later. People think Duke Nukem Forever was a joke... no, the original Halo is a better example of a dev studio completely hosing their fans and customers (and expecting us to like it).

you left out...

and making a shitload of money in the process.. about 4x over.

Sorry, but they left money on the table. Had they released Halo 1 for PC six months after Halo Xbox, had they released Halo 2 for PC six months after Xbox and not unnecessarily required DX10 and Vista, had they released Halo 3 for PC AT ALL, they would have made millions more than they did, and established their game as a major PC franchise. Call of Duty and Battlefield have absolutely proven you can have your console cake and eat your PC pie, too.

Well said. With that said who gives a shit about Bungie anymore? I sure as hell dont.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2014, 10:54 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:23:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:02:
I have a theory that they know at this point that the books are going to lag far behind the show. So, the show guys are having to forge their own path so that they can finish the show their own way. The final book will probably come out after the show finale.

It's just a theory, though. I got nothin to back it up.

Martin gave them a rough guideline of where he wants to go with the books already. Your theory will almost certainly pan out, he has extremely poor work habits.

If you look up procrastination in the dictionary don't be surprised to find Martin's name listed as an example.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod Apr 28, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

Who has seen the Russian movie of the same name, that the game is based on? I have to admit I watched it recently and found it to be too slow. But the premise and some of the scenes are fucking awesome.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2014, 09:55 InBlack

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 09:38:
The most interesting part of last nights episode was how far Bran Stark and Jon Snow's story is getting from the books. It's uncharted territory for all involved. And the ending. Yikes.

Ive yet to watch the episode. I really dont see why they would change Snow's story too much, its one of the strongest plot points of the third book, so I hope the gist of it remains.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2014, 08:58 InBlack

panbient wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 08:44:
InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 03:55:
Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 13:01:
Yes RIAA is evil but the arguement that musicians are poverty-stricken is absolutely laughable.

As a struggling musician, with a day job, I can most definitely say that its not a laughing matter.

As a dude who owns a small studio's worth of gear. It's hard to hear people complain about poverty or being hungry while they noodle on a $1000 instrument. The one hitch every musician I talk to absolutely hates to hear and face is the fact that not a single one of them (myself included) ever actually -needs- to be a working musician, we would all like and want to be working musicians but it's not up to us and the RIAA is not what is holding the majority back.

The boing boing piece links to a techdirt article that showcases a bigger issue in my eyes. Mainly the fact that most musicians have no business savvy and will sign exploitative contracts regardless of how many times people speak out against them. The fact that signing to Warner Brother's screwed a band out of money is not the fault of the RIAA. Really though, how is it the RIAA's fault that a band didn't bring a contract with a label to a lawyer first to get the details explained to them in plain English?

The problem is less RIAA and more the middle man 'major' labels. Sure it's annoying to see the RIAA try to present the plight of the artist as their motivation, but when the exploitation of the artist is due to the nature of the contract between the artist and a record label to keep blaming the RIAA is kind of missing the point in my eyes.

Yeah whatever man. All I know is that I cant quit my day job and live from the live gigs alone. In (Eastern) Europe its a fucking pipe dream, unless I give up on rock music and start playing wedding receptions and shit like that. You might argue but thats music too, but there is music and then there is music. In any case no one is talking about record labels, its a struggle just to get airplay on the radio today.

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
12. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 28, 2014, 06:45 InBlack

Diablo3 hardcore mode?  

16. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Apr 28, 2014, 04:08 InBlack

Yeah congrats!

Also that yeast trick is fucking awesome!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 13:01:
Yes RIAA is evil but the arguement that musicians are poverty-stricken is absolutely laughable.

As a struggling musician, with a day job, I can most definitely say that its not a laughing matter.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 11:00 InBlack

Pretty ballsy from GameSpot. Kudos for even contemplating scoring the game so low. And yes I did read the review, it seems very reasonable.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

MrRadicalEd wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 09:29:
just... remember... bf3. never forget.

yeah, that would work too.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2014, 09:30 InBlack

If I had the dosh, I would drive a Porsche....  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 09:23 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 09:15:
BF4 Premium is $24.98 now at Gamersgate... i'm tempted.

Just. Remember. Origins....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 06:00 InBlack

Some poeple seem to be missing a point here. Sure the game works great with a controller, but thats not the issue. The issue is that the developers LIED and claimed the game would work well with KB&M.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 05:46 InBlack

*disclaimer*

I consider myself a left leaning liberal. In the true humanist sense of the word, so I do not consider Putin to be in any way an ideal leader, far from it.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 03:35 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 14:37:
InBlack wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 04:02:
At least with Russia you have one guy in charge, everyone can point to him and say HE IS THE MAN IN CHARGE. When shit goes wrong he is the guy people will point fingers at, when things go right he is the guy who gets the credit.

In the US when shit goes wrong who exactly will get the blame? Obama? Hahahahh, yeah sure, while the real powerholders stay in the shadows and the american voters keep the illusion of democracy alive.

Wow, really? You're defending a defacto dictator? When you criticize the man in charge in Russia, you end up dead, or you end up in the gulag. There is no dissent or blame when things are wrong in Russia.

I'm sure Khodorovsky was no angel, no CEO is (look at how they went after Qwest CEO Joe Nacchio after he insisted the NSA provide a warrant for their data collection). However, A) he wasn't investigated until he started getting involved in politics and B) his trial was rigged, according to the judges who adjudicated it. That's a complete abuse of power.

And Obama signs off on airstrikes that kill innocent women and children in drone strikes on militants...People who are suddenly dead one day, because their neighbour happened to be a 'bad' man. Collateral damage. Im not saying things are ideal in Russia, but Id rather have an honest to god straightforward dictator then the perversion of democracy as it exists now in the US.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

Just read that Martin interview. Good insightful read into the mind of a favorite/loathed author.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed</p> <blockquote> <p><a href= Apr 24, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

Sure I would read a review without a score. But I would consider it a cop-out. I understand what the author is getting at here, but its a read-between-the-lines kind of thing.
The Armchair Empire wants to drop scores so they can write honest reviews and not worry about the backlash from publishers and developers, what they fail to realise is that a score isnt just about simplifying the review down to a single number, the number is less important than the message of the number. A game getting 8.5/10 or 10/10 at the end of a review should be a significant thumbs up from the critic. While a game that gets 5/10 or 6/10 would obviously be a thumbs down. A number has power and with power comes responsibility, something that gaming journalists are always loath to take on. I say do your own thing, but dont get mad when you get called out as being pussies.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 06:52 InBlack

As long as the demographic of gamers remains predominantly male, very little will change. Developers and publishers produce games for one reason alone, profit.

We can whine and bitch all we want, but sex sells. Just like games are very much dumbed down for mass consumption, the masses want sex and that in and of itself is geared to be skewed towards the demographic that consumes the product.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 04:02 InBlack

I used GDP as a general measure to show how much things have improved in Russia since Yeltsin and while it is true that its not a very good metric when it comes to individual quality of life, things really have improved dramatically sintse Yeltsin's boozing in the captain's seat. If you dont believe that (as the US liberals will have you believe) then you are living in a fairy tale land of makebelieve.

Someone mentioned Khodorovsky, you do realize that Khodorovsky tried to do what corporations in the US have free reign to do all the time. Buy his way into power with the money he stole. Putin had the guts to put a stop to that, and put all the other Oligarchs in line. They were literally stealing everything they could get their hands on.

So freedom or death is it? Or is it 'illusion' of freedom or death. Because, lets be frank here, the illusion of freedom is what you get in the west.

At least with Russia you have one guy in charge, everyone can point to him and say HE IS THE MAN IN CHARGE. When shit goes wrong he is the guy people will point fingers at, when things go right he is the guy who gets the credit.

In the US when shit goes wrong who exactly will get the blame? Obama? Hahahahh, yeah sure, while the real powerholders stay in the shadows and the american voters keep the illusion of democracy alive.

7191 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo