Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7382 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 2, 2014, 10:34 InBlack

How the hell did these people end up running these corporations. Its like the higher up you are in the corporate chain the more stupid you are. WTF?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:46 InBlack

Blue wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:33:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:09:
Nice. Whats the deal with tick borne diseases in the US? Over here in Europe ticks have been known to carry some nasty shit.

Lyme disease is the number one culprit, but there are others. Our god-daughter got really sick a couple of weeks ago from a tick-borne disease that's apparently just surfaced.

Sorry to hear. Shit, thats bad luck, I hope its not too bad. My mother is a very outdorsy person, who spends just about every single day outdoors usually on the hunt for mushrooms of all sorts. Obviously ticks are a big problem, but she has been lucky so far...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 09:36 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:09:
Did we really need another Homefront game?

No.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 09:34 InBlack

Why not the Chinese? Or Aliens? Or Iraq? Or the British?

Any of these are more plausible than North Korea. Bah, what the hell am I getting riled up about, the original Homefront was a piece of shit anyway and this will be no different.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:14 InBlack

That F-35 article is wrong. It didnt cost 250 Billion to put a man on the moon, it cost about 20 Billion for the entire program. Even adjusted for inflation and whatnot, it would be below that number.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 09:09 InBlack

Nice. Whats the deal with tick borne diseases in the US? Over here in Europe ticks have been known to carry some nasty shit.  

News Comments > New U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: New U.K. Sales Charts Jun 2, 2014, 09:06 InBlack

I have fond memories of playing the original Mario Kart, on the superNES. Or was it Mario Kart 2? Anyways, rose-tinted glasses in full on nostalgia mode engaged!  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
77. Re: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis? Jun 2, 2014, 06:53 InBlack

yuastnav wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 06:19:
InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 04:09:
[...] According to some of the newest neurological papers, free will, as we know it is very deceptive and most probably untrue. [...]

Neuroscience is so young that I do not think it is possible to say whether the whole neuroscientific community as a whole has come to the conclusion that free will doesn't exist.

Agreed. Which is why i used the word probably. Also depends on how you define the term.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
75. Re: Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis? Jun 2, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

Harlock, as always its a joy to read your more philosophical posts. Id like to add one other thing, youve touched on it but it may have been lost on most of the people here. Apart from very few researchers who work in the field, humanity has yet to deal with the little known fact that many of our impulses or indeed motivations stem from programming that is inherent in our genes and upbringing. According to some of the newest neurological papers, free will, as we know it is very deceptive and most probably untrue. If you havent read "Neuropath" by Bakker yet, do so immediately.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2014, 05:06.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 10:52 InBlack

Asmodai wrote on May 30, 2014, 10:13:
And of course there's the little factor that the costly alpha and beta entrance fees are contributing money towards the development of the game. Enthusiasts want to see this game come out, and they want it to be great, so they are willing to pony up some extra cash to make that happen...

Not to mention some extra time and effort into beta testing and reporting bugs. Im usually against any of these pay to beta test schemes, but for indie developers I understand that they dont really have a choice and most importantly they are being upfront about it!

This isnt the Diablo shitstorm, or the Battlefield shitstorm or the Watchdogs shitstorm, or bascially any AAA multiplayer game released in the last five years or so where you basically pay full price and then 'beta' test the game for the next 6-12 months. Hell by the time they iron out the kinks in these 'complete' games most poeple have moved on.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews May 30, 2014, 10:07 InBlack

EA News? What the...?  

13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 09:59 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:42:
Do I really need to spell out that I'm not talking about a handful of rabid space game fanboys who'll give their eye teeth for a space game, but the vast majority of "normal" people. I don't know if you guys are multi-millionaires or live at home with your parents but for most of us with real life commitments and debts, then yes $150+ for a game is completely fucking absurd. As was discussed last night, even $60 is considered too much by most these days. Most people aren't even looking at games until they're hitting $30 and under.

Im having very large financial problems at the moment, as my company is in the process of a merger, my salary has gone down the tubes, and its a fucking mess. I will not be going into this beta, Id like to, but I simply cant afford it. With that said I have absolutely no problem with them asking that much because I know that the game will be much, much cheaper at launch. They are also not bullshitting people with empty promises and they are hitting their deadlines. To me that is a big, fucking huge positive plus and to me that kind of commitment merits a reward.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:26:
Bryan Cranston Says Breaking Bad Isn't Necessarily Over

It was great but I don't want to see revisits or prequels that involve Walt/Jesse. The side characters, fine whatever that's harmless. Don't mess with 5 seasons of awesomeness though.

Breaking Bad: The Rise of Vampire Drug Lord Heisenberg...

4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta Begins May 30, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2014, 09:14:
Every time I see this title now I get that stupid song in my head, The girl is so dangerous....

Anyway, $150? Yeah. Keep smokin that rock.

Considering how much people have put into Starcitizen, what with all the P2W ships, the toilet towels, and the rest of that bullshit etc. Id say 150 bucks for the full game + all the dlc, expansions etc. is not really that much. Especially as its not really for everyone, just the fans and people who want to support the development of the game. The game will probably be 50$ at release is that more acceptable for you Cutter?

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2014, 09:22 InBlack

So expensive toys for rich boys. I guess now we know what Balmer always wanted to be when he was a kid. Still that price tag is kind of inflated? Strange that a businessman wouldnt figure out that he got ripped off bigtime, maybe he thought that he was getting the LA Lakers...  

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Performance Patch Plans
4. Re: Watch Dog PC Performance Patch Plans May 30, 2014, 09:16 InBlack

Hang on, did he just say that my 760GTX with 4GB of VRAM is inadequate to run this game??  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
104. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 30, 2014, 06:03 InBlack

Just using any excuse to show off my favorite Sim:

F86 Sabre wicked!

The Sabre is coming to DCS in July, the short clip was taken from the new rendering engine EDGE which is not yet in the game, but is in internal beta testing. There are no post-processing visual effects in the video!! In case anyone is wondering, the Sabre's adversary the Mig-15 is also in production.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
30. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 30, 2014, 05:10 InBlack

The truth is that you cant prevent terrorist acts. You cant have a war on terror. It doesnt work that way. Terrorists thrive in this kind of environment, it fosters and nurtures them. Its a circle-jerk of epic fucking proportions. The only way that you can reasonably reduce terror attacks from foreign actors is to get the fuck out of their backyard and STAY out. This is unfortunately exactly what a superpower devoid of any real enemies fears. The war on terror is a perfect excuse to expand governmental powers, expand foreign reach and keep the military constantly engaged in proxy wars. Its perfect actually. Compared to a real shooting war against a large and well prepared military force its relatively low risk (asymetrical warfare), it plays well domestically (looking at you Darks) and it it can be kept on indefinitely (the Eternal War on Terror). What you have today is exactly what Eisenhower warned against in his farewell address, the military-industrial complex is larger and more powerful than ever before and the constitutional checks that keep it in place are being eroded faster than ever before. The NSA and FISA courts ignoring or bypassing the constituion is not an insignificant part of that.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2014, 05:15.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
101. Re: and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? May 30, 2014, 03:33 InBlack

101st! Ha!

Regarding DCS: World. It truly is the best, complete combat sim experience today. Ive been a regular on-off player ever since the Blackshark days. Best part is that they keep adding to the existing modules all the time. For example recently the F15C got a new flight model, which at this point is probably the best, or rather the most complete in the game.

Here is another simple example of how awesome the sim is. Yesterday I was messing around in the quickfly mission with the Mustang p51 and configuring my face tracking software, basically its a one on one vs an enemy FW190D AI plane. So we are getting it on going in to rolling scissors and somehow he gets stuck on my six and I cant shake him off. So I dive to the deck and do a really hard pullup and left turn at the last minute. Suddenly I cant see him, he is nowhere, I do a few turns eyballing high and low and cant find him anywhere. Figuring its a glitch or bug, I land on a nearby field and save the .trk file (replay) to see what happened. Anyway to cut it short, apparently as I was doing my last manouver the FW190 lost control and stalled, then promptly crashed as he was too low to recover. Awesome sauce!

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2014, 10:51 InBlack

Verno wrote on May 29, 2014, 10:47:
I think the show is sometimes better than the source material to be honest. Don't worry about reading past the show, the show is moving much faster than GRRM anyway so by the time you're done ADWD the show will likely be wrapping up

Sacrilege!!! Though shall not speak such heresy here again or though shall forever be condemned to the fiery pits of the Devil

7382 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo