Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7104 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 9, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

Is it wrong that I have urges to punch that bro-dickhead in the face? Hard?  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 10:02 InBlack

Anyone seen Noah yet? Im a fan of Aronovsky's work but thats gotta be the most ludicrous and unbelievable biblical story ever and for some reason people thought it would be worthwhile to film it. In this day and age with the 10,000 year old Earth debate raging, and evolution being thrown out of the school curriculums....Yikes...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 09:53 InBlack

I would say that what is worse is that corporations have the legal protection and are treated as 'persons' under law and yet repeatedly face very few consequences for breaking most said laws.

The mountain of hypocrisy that is building up in our modern society truly is astounding...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 09:48 InBlack

Yay for the European Court of Justice!!  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 09:43 InBlack

“Since Gearbox Software first created the Borderlands franchise, we never dreamed of this much love and support from gamers,” added Randy Pitchford

Dream on. Asshole.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
2. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 09:42 InBlack

Could this be the famed Titan (re)imagined?  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 07:30 InBlack

Redmask wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 07:04:
Creston wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 02:16:
Redmask wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 22:09:
You've got movies like Inception is sitting above films like Double Indemnity and Yojimbo.

And? All three of them are excellent movies, so then it just comes down to:

I don't think Inception is a particularly good movie as much as it is a good spectacle that tricks people into thinking its more clever than it is. It also features some of Nolan's most shallow characterization which is really saying something.

My point wasn't that Inception isn't a movie that belongs somewhere in the top 250 but newer movies seem to trend higher in ratings than older ones because people are voting on extremes (1 or 10 in most cases). I don't know why this is so prevalent in younger viewers but you see it in their day to day language and behavior.

2) The fact that quite a few of IMDB's voters have probably never seen DI or Yojimbo.

I used to think that was the case too until I saw how people were rating films. I imagine the same thing is occurring on videogame websites to some degree. I don't put any stock in the academy either by the way

Law of averages. People dont trust mathematics. The most exact science on the planet, and people dont trust it. What's next, people believing in bearded father figure deities and zombie saviours??? Oh wait...

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2014, 08:56.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 04:20 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 18:08:
dj LiTh wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 14:41:
I agree with you on that front, even as a rabid BSG fan, i feel its complete. Another Star Trek series would be pretty great. I'd love to see a new one a hundred or 2 in the future from the TNG timeline.

Same here. I thought the BSG reboot was a monumental achievement, not just one of the best sci fi shows ever made, but one of the best TV shows ever made. With an 8.8 rating on IMDB, a lot of people agree with me. I don't think it needs a reboot, the first reboot was so well done and still fresh in the mind (I'm actually working through a second viewing currently).

I would MUCH rather see a Firefly reboot, or some new sci fi IP. Sci fi possibilities are endless, and the chance they'll do BSG better than what has already been done is infinitesimally small.

Im on my third viewieng currently. Epic show that only gets better with time. Its a little hamhanded at times, but its great Sci-Fi and great drama to boot.

News Comments > Evening Patches
8. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 04:07 InBlack

Hopefully this will go live in EU today. Absolutely hate, HATE the huge goddamn nerf to my one and only escape skill as crusader.

Fuck you Blizzard.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 10:26 InBlack

Nevermind. Google is my friend. The dude left on his own, after being offered a lead role in the new "Transporter" film. He plays a 'younger' Stedham....

/facepalm

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2014, 10:21 InBlack

Yeah that was FUBARed. Also the last guy nailed the role. Sure he was very pretty, but thats the thing. The Daario from the books is supposed to be 'pretty', actually he wears a lot of makeup and oils his hair and whatnot, but I guess they didnt want to go with that in the show. Without spoiling anything Daenerys is physically attracted to him from the first time she lays eyes on him, although she goes to great pains to conceal that from everyone.

Why the fuck would they recast his role? Anyone in the loop? Did the first actor drop dead or what?

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 8, 2014, 10:11 InBlack

Fair preview of SG2. Have a couple of friends who are working on the game, they are very happy with their progress and feel confident that the game is going to be feature complete sooner rather than later.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
4. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 10:00 InBlack

Here have some more useless DRM overhead for this (apparently) very CPU intensive game.

I guess now we know why the requirements are so high

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2014, 06:00 InBlack

Ok ended up sounding like a looner. He didnt kill him, but apparently the dude is a serious control freak who tried to do everything in his power to stop his ex-wife from leaving him or getting custody of any of their children, including Hutchens's kid.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 05:38 InBlack

PropheT wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 22:55:
Just how screwed up are things when they give out awards for telling the truth. Oy

Positive reinforcement. Works on dogs too.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 8, 2014, 03:27 InBlack

Fion wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 15:37:
As a cord cutter my only option for HBO is Torrents, at least until they wake up and start offering HBOgo as a monthly service like amazon or netflix. I know it'll happen eventually as all TV is turning toward that route. Just wish it's sooner rather than later.

Awesome episode too. I agree the casting for Oberyn Martell was perfect. The dragon scene was spine-chillingly awesome. Drogon is huge, I cannot wait to see him at near full size in the future. Great start to season 4. Next episode I'm sure we'll catch up to the others, save for Stannis Baratheon (no spoilers but he isn't seen for a short time in the book).

I know a lot of folks don't like the recasting of Daario Naharis but I frankly thought the old guy just wasn't quite right from the get go, so this new actor may grow on me. Though he looks a bit to Westerosi (IE, western European).

The old guy was perfect. Ok, he was a little bit too blonde maybe but he nailed the role perfectly. Did they recast him because fans complained or what? Otherwise a great episode, but damn that was jarring...

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
22. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 8, 2014, 03:20 InBlack

Scheherazade wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 17:50:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 16:09:
FYI: These stated performance increases, with their seemingly large gains are historically measuring gains in the smallest FPS measurement which is typically the MIN FPS score. Not the average FPS, nor the MAX FPS score.

Expressing the score this way, as a percentage gain in MIN FPS, rather than a more familiar numerical FPS gain tends to be more dramatic and mathematically impactful. Do the math yourself, just for fun.

However any gains in MIN FPS, everything else being equal, is always welcome.

Personally, that sells the numbers pretty well.

Min fps is my main metric for judging performance.

-scheherazade

Yeah this. Min FPS is like the most important number.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2014, 03:17 InBlack

Tragedy follows this family, ever since Bob offed Hutchins. Karma is a bitch...  

News Comments > Broforce Early Access
11. Re: Broforce Early Access Apr 8, 2014, 03:10 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 21:56:
born2expire wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 21:43:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 18:27:
Bronan is cool... they really need to do a new Conan the Barbarian.

"Legend of Conan" is in the works now that Arnie is back acting.

yesssssssssss!!

I have no idea what to think about this movie. Im a huge fan of the original Conan, the second not so much. Its supposed to be based on a script written very soon after the first movie by the same screenwriter. So lets hope Arnold completes it, the dude is what 70 now?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2014, 10:45 InBlack

{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:14:
yeah Axis I'm with you on that, hopefully can put in another warmonger chicken-hawk republican in there to funnel a few more trillion to the military industrial complex, after all as any good God loving republican knows, Jesus loves him some wars, and bloodshed. right?

Left? Right? What a joke. The worst part of the whole thing is that the joke is at your expense, while the corporate wheels keep on turning and the politicians keep doing their bidding and taking their 'donations' left and right. (Pun intended)

7104 Comments. 356 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo