Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 9641 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
40. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 3, 2015, 09:56 InBlack

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again. The only possible saving grace of this project might be SQ42. If CR pulls his head out of his ass, and if they've actually been heavily working on the game behind the scenes during all this time. Those are two very doubtful ifs. Next week's SQ42 reveal will be critical.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DCS World & L-39 Albatros Betas
6. Re: DCS World & L-39 Albatros Betas Oct 2, 2015, 17:05 InBlack

Bard wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 15:51:
MasaIV wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:32:
There was Shahoh's DCS Mustang Racing earlier this year. I don't know if it's still going on.

The development team was up for days getting the update ready to release to open beta. They had said they wanted it out at the end of September, and did absolutely everything they could to follow through.

The update ran perfectly for me. It is gorgeous and my FPS increased significantly with the update to 1.5. I'm really looking forward to the release of the Nevada map.

DCS World is free, and the modules occasionally go on sale. Definitely worth a try for anyone remotely interested in simulators.

Back in the early days of DCS (flaming cliffs) there were serious issues with effects and also the water rendering.

Can you tell me if say, you are in a location where there is no water anywhere nearby, if the water graphics settings still have an impact upon framerate?

This last update brought it up to DirectX11 standards. It really looks phenomenal, and works great on modern hardware (GTX970 here). The water effects are much improved and have no effect on the framerate.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
93. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 09:24 InBlack

SXO wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 08:54:
Bluesnews is really having fun stroking Derek Smart's hard-on lately. You guys still giving this guy clout and beating his drum for him? I come here for real game stories, not this contrived controversy.

Bullshit. Some of us have been furious with the (mis)direction of Star Citizen's development years before Derek Smart joined the fray.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
83. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 06:57 InBlack

Peeeling wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 06:27:
(Originally posted in article comments. Re-iterating here with a few changes.)

It's heartbreaking to see people still trying to deny the obvious: Star Citizen is not happening. It's not about this article - I don't need anonymous sources or angry rival devs or horror stories about crazy management to tell me what I already know just from looking at the product itself.

Hear me out. I've been making games for 20 years now, starting with Alien Breed 3D on the Amiga, and one rule of thumb I've learned is that when all the important bits of a game are in and working together in a playable form you are, at most, 20% of the way through development of a worthwhile game. You can release before the other 80% is done, to be sure - been there, done that, and with a single-player space opera, no less - but you will not get the game you set out to make.

Games do not just 'suddenly click'. That's not how it works. You don't have nothing much to see, nothing much to see, nothing much to see POW! Big reveal. Ever. Development dependencies make that impossible.

Look at The Last Guardian. Look at how complete the core of the game seemed in the early trailers. And do we have it yet?

Look at STALKER. Massive open-world ambition, huge hype, ultimately rushed out as a tragic, buggy shell of what it promised because spending the extra decade it would have taken to realise its potential wasn't an option. It broke the 20/80 rule, hard. It was released, I'd say, 30% complete.

Now think about the really towering achievements in large-scale game development. Assassin's Creed. GTA. Dragon Age. The Witcher. Imagine Star Citizen were one of those titles. Looking at what there is to play of it, right now, how far through the development of those games would you say it is? If you saw Assassin's Creed, with just a room to walk around in, no missions, no story, no world, and no working parkour, would you say it was 90% done? 50%? 10%?

Good post. It won't convince the fanboi hardliners though. No way that rational thinking and common sense will prevail where they are concerned, they are too deep in the deep end to ever surface again. They will just say that development is going on behind the scenes at full steam ahead and that everything is hunky dory and that anyone who says otherwise is a 'hater' and is talking out of their ass.

None of them can see the flawed logic behind their argument, and that is simply that CIG has so far released nearly every module of SC in an alpha or pre alpha form. So far those have been a hangar, the arena commander, and the social module demo level. If CIG had anything else at that stage Im sure they would show at least screenshots or videos, and there has been none of that.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2015, 07:04.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 11:37 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 11:27:
Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 09:53:
So it's not even cast yet? Lol! SQ42 EP1 coming to you in 2020!

Voice acting comes last. But yeah this is a bit weird considereing SQ42 was supposed to come "end of 2015"

Btw, the article says they recorded the past 4 months. We'll see what happens on xmas ,)

If Sq42 (Ep1 or whatever) somehow miraculously appears by the end of 2015, it might just save this project. Goes without saying that, unless they have been extremely secretive about it and have been building it behind the scenes, I don't think there is the slightest chance of that happening.

3. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

It will happen if you believe hard enough. I want to believe...  

1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 09:47 InBlack

*sigh*  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 1, 2015, 09:34 InBlack

Task wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 09:29:
I'd rather the "arena" multiplayer be more than just Solaris. It would be amazing if they make it as robust as MegaMek - create your very own map (or select pre-made ones), set up rules, make your very own scenarios (I have a ton from old source books), choose Mechs/tanks/other vehicles/etc. (or roll to get random things based on faction, etc.).

Creating scenarios within the game, or with robust tools, and then playing them either in single player vs AI or in coop or vs would be brilliant. I think it would require a whole shitload of work and money though.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
152. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Oct 1, 2015, 09:22 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 08:45:
dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:49:
To date, my Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games are the only games that have ever actually found the Holy Grail. As hard as that is to believe, it is an indisputable fact.
Delusional doesn't even begin to cover what you just said. Your games are shit, hence why you're the laughing stock of the industry. The only reason you're attacking Star Citizen is to promote your own products and because you're jealous of Chris Roberts' success.

dsmart wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:49:
I added fps in 2001 when Battlecruiser Millennium was released.
This is what your shitty game looked like; meanwhile this was the game Chris Roberts had released a year earlier. Your games are utterly amateurish. You should be embarrassed to talk about your games in a topic about Star Citizen. People hate your games. Line Of Defense is one of the lowest rated games on Steam, with 83% of reviews being negative. Take a hint and find a new career.

You do realize that by attacking dsmart's games, whatever anyone's subjective opinion of them is, you are pointing out the fact that dsmart actually made those games. (With his own money) While Chris Roberts was fired the last time he tried to pull the shit he is pulling now (Freelancer) and hasn't released a game in more than a decade.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2015, 09:41.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: BATTLETECH by Harebrained Schemes LLC Kickstarter. Oct 1, 2015, 05:17 InBlack

A good tactical PvP in the Solaris Arena would be pretty cool though. I hope they get the funding and pull it off.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming
15. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Oct 1, 2015, 04:11 InBlack

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 22:46:
"This has failed every single time it's tried to launch before, but dammit, let's just keep trying until people finally swallow this ridiculous crap awesome product!"

Yeah, remember the huge fucking failure Onlive was? Video game streaming might be a thing, but its a thing of the future, when high speed broadband is at least ten times the speed of today, and there is no ISP throttling or traffic issues.

So basically South Korea could probably get into this now. Rest of the world? Not so much...

62. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 13:25 InBlack

dsmart wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 13:15:
JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 10:41:
And even if SC implodes in a spectacular fashion, it won't be because Derek Smart was right. DS thinks that it can't be made because he couldn't make it, therefore, you should buy his games.

That's every bit as crazy as any of this.

-Jn-

Don't be daft. I have written lengthy blogs, complete with tech jargon, explaining WHY it can't be built. You should probably read them.

Or he could just use, you know, common sense.

27. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 09:55 InBlack

Timmeh wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:55:
InBlack wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:51:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:45:
One has to remember that these ships will all be available in-game without any real world monetary cost. As such I'm happy that people with large amounts of disposable income are subsidising the game for those of us without.

No they will not. It's a scam. You can go on believing what you like but there is no way in hell that any of these ships, or indeed the game itself will appear in any shape or form resembling what it was pitched at. It was a pipe dream, which turned into a scam as the ineptitude of CR's managment style came into focus. Something that some of us have been warning people about for years. Before you even ask, I'm more devastated by this than you are. When this comes crashing down it will destroy any chance of a decent single player space sim ever being crowdfunded.

when was this game ever going to be a aingle player space sim?

Squadron42

23. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 09:45:
One has to remember that these ships will all be available in-game without any real world monetary cost. As such I'm happy that people with large amounts of disposable income are subsidising the game for those of us without.

No they will not. It's a scam. You can go on believing what you like but there is no way in hell that any of these ships, or indeed the game itself will appear in any shape or form resembling what it was pitched at. It was a pipe dream, which turned into a scam as the ineptitude of CR's managment style came into focus. Something that some of us have been warning people about for years. Before you even ask, I'm more devastated by this than you are. When this comes crashing down it will destroy any chance of a decent single player space sim ever being crowdfunded.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 30, 2015, 07:54 InBlack

harlock wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 07:35:
kinda bullshit that the single player game is a million dollar stretch goal...

Yeah, though it seems they will hit that target easily.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
48. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 30, 2015, 05:49 InBlack

Kxmode wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 04:31:
InBlack wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 03:26:
I need to find my old Mechwarrior 2 and Mercenaries 2 CDROMs...

The audio tracks/music on those was fucking fantastic.

You don't need to go searching for them. Youtube has everything!

MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries Soundtrack

Enjoy!

P.S. Bonus video: 2009 MechWarrior (reboot) Trailer from Smith & Tinker that never saw the light of day.

Oh man, thats pretty cool. Thanks. This is what's going to be playing in the background as I command my lance to Victory. Down with House Steiner! Down with the Pretender! Long live Prince Victor!

News Comments > Quote of the Day
34. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 19:04:
Also, at this point, it baffles me that we still have "PC gamers" and "Xbox gamers" and whatever.

I understand making a choice for financial reasons, but many here make them for personal. Great games come out for all systems, I'll never get restricting yourself to one for anything other than cost reasons.

Yeah cost is a big issue, which is also simple pragmatism. Why have 3 gaming systems when one will do? There are also only so many hours in the day. Especially when the other two are so far behind in visuals, and you suck badly with a controller. Some of us also prefer the type of games we (used to) get on the PC over the consoles.

Lastly, some of us want to support our platform of choice, we want it to become what it used to be. I can't think of a better way than boycotting console releases and purchasing only PC games.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Kickstarter
45. Re: BATTLETECH Kickstarter Sep 30, 2015, 03:26 InBlack

I need to find my old Mechwarrior 2 and Mercenaries 2 CDROMs...

The audio tracks/music on those was fucking fantastic.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2015, 03:23 InBlack

Saboth wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 20:30:
The good 'ol Red Scare...I mean War on Terror. Great at wasting tax dollars and giving the illusion of safety, even better at hurting the US tech and data industries, one of the few prospering industries left in the country.

I agree with the first part of your statement, but disagree with the second part. Today's kind of big brother world is perfect for the tech and data industries, they are thriving.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 30, 2015, 03:17 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 01:58:
Jeez, it's been up for like 10 hours and it's already at three-quarters of a mil. I guess Hairbrained has built up some serious cred.

People are very hyped for a proper Mechwarrior game. I for one want to experience Battletech in all of its turn based glory. Kind of miffed that the year of the setting will put it before the return of the Clans. IMO that was always the most interesting time period of the Battletech universe. Clan Wolf forever!

9641 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo