Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7545 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs
16. Re: Grim Fandango HD Remake Coming to PCs Jul 10, 2014, 04:05 InBlack

Man Full THrottle is so damn cool. Also need to revisit Outlaws....fuck I miss the days of LucasArts of old...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 03:51 InBlack

What the fuck is next???? Parents being thrown in jail for posting cute photos of their toddlers on the beach, on facebook???

Let me tell you two things that America is know for around the parts where I live. McDonalds. Lawyers.

Awesome right?

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
15. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 10, 2014, 03:46 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 22:19:
Timmeh wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:43:
yes people trying to make money to feed their families and be a profitable company is total and complete bullshit! how dare anyone offer some cool stuff to encourage gamers to pre order and get some money into the developers pocket.

Come on bro, I've never been trolled on here before and you're just going to half ass it like that?

Don't be like that.

Hehehe

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
18. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 10, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 00:26:
bigspender wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 23:13:
Meh I'll take the ultra detailed aircraft of DCS World any day over FSX

Well, some people actually like to play it peaceful, either all the time or at least for a change, and learning to follow real world flight procedures is a whole world of challenge all on its own.
Besides, if all you're into is system depth, there are add-on planes for FSX that make even DCS' "ultra detailed" aircraft look like toy planes. The PMDG series, for example, or also the Majestic Q400.

I beg to differ. The graphics of DCS are not on par with the latest payware mods and addons that FSX sports, but if you go scratching beneath the hood, there is no better flight model on the planet. Except for maybe commercial or military training simulators.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jul 9, 2014, 10:10 InBlack

Well I rerolled, went with Ranger, Mage and did the whole character creation thing, and things are obviously much better now. Now that Ive read this review and found out how crappy crafting is, well....goddamn it!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 09:21 InBlack

emgarf wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 09:13:
You need the latest Windows patch.

Gold.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 09:08 InBlack

Wat?

You quaranteed the bathroom because of a couple of insects? Where do you do your 'business' now?

News Comments > Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details
9. Re: Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details Jul 9, 2014, 06:24 InBlack

Wetworks24 wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 05:23:
You can only obtain these cards from defeating a.i. bosses like the tutorial. However, these bosses are supposed to be more strategic and fun to fight. I'm looking forward to it actually.

Single player card game. Yeah, fun fun fun!

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
19. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 9, 2014, 03:30 InBlack

There is no economy in Diablo3. They might as well allow duping.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details
6. Re: Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details Jul 9, 2014, 03:19 InBlack

Im not really sure why I would want to do any of these "single player" boss encounters or whatever the fuck they are...

Are the card rewards only available in the single player mode?? Kind of fucking sucks if you ask me, you need to complete the single player mode to get competitive cards for your rank decks. Bad Idea. The vs AI is the most boring part of the game and one I have no wish to do all over again, so I can earn cards which will end up being either mandatory in most decks, or completely useless. (Both options suck)

Blizzard fucking up again big time.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 8, 2014, 08:40 InBlack

"Passangers will be required to turn on their phones and demonstrate they are indeed phones by launching at least three different applications and photographing a selfie with the TSA agent at the scene. If the phones in question are not smartphones they will be immediately removed from the passanger and safely disposed of at no additional cost to the passanger. If the phone does not power-on the passanger will be taken to a safe area for further interrogation and until the phone can be safely examined"

Fiction. Not really that far fetched though

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 04:16 InBlack

born2expire wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 21:00:
Axis wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 20:25:
Man does destiny look to be a shallow mess. Also reminds me of that very worn-out IP... and no, not that one you think about when you see "Bungie"...

i know it looks AWFUL IMO, polished sure, but a boring PVE grind for loot that you dont even use in PVP, let condole gamers have that drivel

I see what you did there. Well played sirs! Well played

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
11. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 8, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 01:07:
Denthor wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 00:38:
Beamer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 23:56:
HoSpanky wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 22:32:
Quite likely that, like Colonial Marines, SEGA is refusing to allow this game to look drastically better on one platform over another.

Except there was no such mandate.
Again, it amazes me how people see incompetence and blame conspiracy, not, you know, incompetence.

Public or private mandates? It's not like we are privy to boardroom meetings. I don't think it's a huge leap that they (sega) don't want to upset the bigwigs in MS or Sony if their product is inferior on consoles that were just released only recently - even if it is what ms/sony would consider minor, doesn't do well for relations.

When has this ever happened?
This wasn't an exclusive. It wasn't funded by either MS or Sony. They had no stake in this.

Christ, you guys think there's an evil conspiracy against PC gamers. Even the Microsoft Xbox push, which at least some here recognize as the only way to sell consoles (which doesn't excuse it, but means at least some aren't seeing it as some evil way to fuck with PC gamers) is only based around games they have some kind of monetary stake in.
And you think people know what they're doing. Given that Sega was about to sue them for being too late to ship, isn't it infinitely more likely that, in the final days, if not hours, of shipping, two independent people made two independent decisions to change something in order to improve the way the game ran, but those two things weren't discussed and impacted each other directly, making the graphics degradation exponentially worse, but things were moving so rapidly that there was no way to roll the code back without losing too much other work, the game was still playable, and between getting sued by Sega or shipping an ugly game they made the choice to ship an ugly game.

Incompetence.

And, for godsake, the game was ugly on consoles. It's really effin hard to pitch this as "PC was made worse to have console parity!" when the consoles were awful as well. If the consoles were great, fine, maybe you could make that argument (you'd still lose it.) But the consoles were terrible. Were they kept terrible to keep parity with the Dreamcast to not piss off Sega?

While I agree that its not a conspiracy there is one huge glaring hole in your 'incompetence' theory. (At least with regards to Alien Isolation, ACM was incompetence there we are in complete agreement)

They made a working demo. Which means that they are indeed competent enough to get the game to work with Oculus tech. They simply dont want to or, as is much more likely want to make some sort of deal (Cash DOLLARZ BABY!!) with the company.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 09:58 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:22:
OpticNerve wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 07:11:
Just to let everyone know, you'll eventually find a way to reroll characters in-game for a cheap cost. The only downside is that you lose the spells/skills that you've learnt and have to get/buy those books again.

The problem with that is how terrible the book system is. Vendors only reroll their stock of books on level up and you aren't guaranteed to see the book you want. There are a lot of little oddities like that in the game which make you wonder what they were thinking. Why do party members have individual gold stocks by the way? I mean I get throwback stuff but some modern design concessions make sense and save the player having to do tedious crap. Speaking of tedious, the inventory and crafting systems are comically bad. When I have the inventory open and I select a different character it should open that characters inventory.

I like the game a lot but it has a lot of design flaws as well, I hope mods can alleviate some of them. Gonna take a look at the editor this weekend. Larian really needs to hire some new UI people, this has been a constant problem that has dogged their games over the years.

The actual combat difficulty is more related to being outnumbered constantly than anything else, the AI is actually very bad. Where the game is more intelligent is puzzle solving and the ability to improvise solutions.

Well said Verno. With that said, I get this great warm fuzzy feeling whenever I think about the game or play the game. Im getting it now. Warts and all, I havent been this excited about a game since, I dunno, the original Baldur's Gate?

3. Re: Can you supercharge your brain? Jul 7, 2014, 09:44 InBlack

Nice article on Arstech.  

News Comments > Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D
1. Re: Dwarf Fortress Update This Week; How to Play in 3D Jul 7, 2014, 08:42 InBlack

Heh. Did a double take there. Oculus support for Dwarf Fortress would have been Pythonoesque to the extreme....  

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 06:26 InBlack

harlock wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 06:07:
its challenging but i dont know about "HARD!".. you have to think tactically, you cant just stand there in a crowd and expect to win.. ive only got 1 follower (the warrior chick) plus my main wizard and shadowblade.. and in fact i only hired her after level 7

in the early parts i kited the enemies around a lot, drew some back to town so guards can fight too..

but like i said you have to use tactical maneuvering, like retreating then attacking, move behind stuff to break their line of sight, etc.. you cant just stand around like a dumbass and duke it out with 2 vs 8 or whatever

but at this point my guys are just murdering dudes left and right.. with these 3 guys at lvl 10, i destroyed the entire goblin force on the way to the mine - even the parts where you are supposed to avoid them, i just moved in and killed them all.. and they were all lvl 12 guys... just move crates and other stuff to block them in, use exploding barrels and all that

but yeh, my wizard is a fucking beast.. i think thats pretty key actually

make sure everyone has high mobility.. as in fast movement rate as well as a bunch of AP

Yeah I get all the tactical and environmental stuff thats required. I 'majored' in Fallout2 and BG after all

I have to admit it didnt occur to me to kite the enemies back to the city gates although I did try pretty much every other trick there is including bugging them out at a chokepoint. At this point I dont believe it will make much difference. Im convinced that since I picked premade chars (Knight, and Wizard) I gimped myself with regards to skill choice, abilites etc.

Reroll time... *sigh*

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 7, 2014, 04:57 InBlack

Makes you wonder doesnt it? I would back a new Star Trek series kickstarter. But for what its worth this is pretty admirable no matter the motivation.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 03:43 InBlack

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

Thats really unfair Axis. THe game is HARD. HARD as fuck. I hired the two mercs (are they Mercs? We are talking about Jahan and that crazy warrior mage lady right?), solved Jake's murder and proceded to the hideout. Im lvl 3. Cant get past the second undead army (I dont know what else to call it). Three undead archers, undead priest, and 6 undead swordsmen. I reloaded that encounter like 20 times. The fucking undead priest keeps bringing back the guys I strike down. If I go for him, the archers use fire and ice arrows to destroy my party. At this point Im about to reroll my chars so I can POWERGAME because fuck it there is no way to proceed....

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2014, 04:58.

News Comments > C&C: Online is Online
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 7, 2014, 03:38 InBlack

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 22:19:
Yes, they force you to buy their stuff with the Jedi mind trick (sarcasm).

Businesses are in it to make money, but since you guys think it is so easy, donate for a year's worth of service! Oh wait, that takes money (gasp)!

Online is Online and troll is troll.

7545 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo