Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vanja

Real Name Vanja   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname InBlack
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 27, 2008, 12:06
Total Comments 7191 (Guru)
User ID 46994

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 09:20 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 09:06:
Fox Cancels ‘Almost Human’.

Fuuuuck, it was actually pretty good and just needed a bit of time to find an audience. Networks have no patience these days, you're a hit off the bat or you're done like dinner. To be fair though Urban had been talking about how he wanted to go back to film because the TV schedule meant he hadn't really seen his family for 6 months.

I dunno. To me it was hit and miss. Mostly miss though. I havent seen all the episodes but Ive seen the first 10 or so and I think Ive found the main culprit. The show was mostly very slick and shallow, when you 'sort of' explore dark themes in a dystopian setting and then dont really dig in deep well its a recipe for disaster. Its PG13 rating didnt help it either.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Apr 30, 2014, 09:04 InBlack

Does anyone like the new reboot?? Spiderman2 was a pretty decent flick, but the new films give me the 'cheap-teen-drama' vibe...  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 07:42 InBlack

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:19:
Haven't read the books, I would like to though. Have a friend who read them all and told him not to spoil it for me, but I gave him my predictions going forward. By his body language I am about 75% right. Not bad....

After Sunday's ep, where exactly are we in the books?

Generally, about 3/4 of the way through the third book.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 07:37 InBlack

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 07:17:
InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 05:54:
Im willing to lay down hard cash that Ford buys the farm in the first movie.

Seems unlikely since they confirmed he lasts through the 2 followup movies. Unless they make him a Jedi (again extremely unlikely) he's not going to be a ghost.

Can you link where they confirmed that? They only info. Ive managed to find stated that he has top billing in the first movie, thats it.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 05:54 InBlack

Im willing to lay down hard cash that Ford buys the farm in the first movie.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 05:50 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 04:47:
And those that don't adapt, get adapted...

Thats the scary part. What you have outlined is way too far out a concept for a society structured around the earning of profit and where the highest achievement you can have is the posession of things.

The haves will always want to protect what they have against the have nots. This is the biggest problem with society today and in the future as the equality gap widens things will get even worse.

Its not hard to imagine a society where the elite reaps all the benefits of advanced technology while using the very same to insulate itself against the unwashed masses. Indeed you can already see significant evidence of this in the US (both in its domestic and foreign policies) and in certain countries in Europe (Britain). Worst case scenario, regulated population control (read 'culling') maybe even genocide on a worldwide scale.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2014, 07:34.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2014, 04:19 InBlack

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 13:19:
BTW, with 16GB of memory, I've turned off my paging file and have had no ill effect whatsoever on my system.

Ditto.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:02:
KTR wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:29:
I had the opportunity to be a passenger in a Google self-driving car early last year. Very impressive, especially in stop-n-go Bay Area traffic. There is a lot that goes behind the covers to makes the vehicle work.

I imagine a world 20 years from now where self driving taxis are the norm, and due to not having to pay a driver's (or even a dispatcher's) salary, are about 1/3 the cost they are today. A lot of people who own cars now wouldn't need to, and people could reap the benefit of individualized transport without the hassle or cost.

I imagine Taxi drivers would have big problems with this. Everyone talks about reaping the benefits of automatization, no one talks about who exactly gets to reap those benefits. Yeah we are back to the 0.1 vs 99.9% discussion again.

So factory workers. Redundant. Taxi & Bus, Tram, Train, Plane etc. drivers. Redundant. Doctors, redundant....etc. etc.

Who is left??? Landowners, shareholders, managers, stock brokers, bankers??

When people start becoming superflous, what exactly is going to happen? Are we going to invent some kind of Utopia where no one has to work for a living?? Hhahahahhha....

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2014, 04:38.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
27. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 30, 2014, 03:50 InBlack

This looks like every single generic shooter in the last 10 years or so. In a Nazi skin. Not that the Nazi skin is necessarily bad, but if its the ONLY thing you got, well that should be worrisome indeed.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 10:18 InBlack

Im getting strange dejavus of Coke and mexican sugar cane....  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 10:15 InBlack

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:13:
LOL, this weeks comments are predicting when the bad comments are to start. Quick group. Now no one wants to be the first one now. lol

I think you missed Nin's post. And now the thread is dead. Thank you very fucking much Nin.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
2. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 09:38 InBlack

About the only thing more annoying than people ranting in Starcitizen threads (I myself belong squarely in that category) is holier-than-thou apologists proclaiming that they are better than that, by staying on their high high horse, in those very same threads.  

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
68. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 09:28 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 09:22:
InBlack wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 09:16:
Eh? Ive read your post three times and well I guess my comprehension is really off today...Did you just say that Microsoft doesnt allow cross platform play and then called it Bungie's excuse?

"we cant make a PC version because of cross platform play concerns" isn't a good excuse when you already can't have cross platform play due to cert issues and rules. The back end shit isn't a good excuse either so Bungie is just being silly.

Hang on, I would imagine a huge persistent world (server cluster) populated by Xbox360, XboxOne and PS3 and PS4 players would be quite expensive to maintain.
So since cross platform play is out of the question (at least with the PC) maintaining another server cluster just for the PC players would be quite expensive.
I couldnt care less about Bungie but they have shown themselves to be a very successful and profitable company, so I dont think they are being silly when money is thrown into the equation.

65. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 09:16 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 09:13:
I read the article but that sounds like a developer making excuses, Microsoft already doesn't allow cross platform play, its one of their cert stipulations.

Eh? Ive read your post three times and well I guess my comprehension is really off today...Did you just say that Microsoft doesnt allow cross platform play and then called it Bungie's excuse?

62. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 29, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 08:59:
It seems like such a natural fit for the PC, I don't know why they're leaving money on the table like this. It looks almost like a mash up of WoW and Halo which would be quite lucrative and I mean if you're making an MMO you do it on the PC because thats where the market is. Bizarre choices.

If anyone read the article there is this little tidbit:

Parsons also said creating and releasing a PC version of Bungie's shared world shooter would not be as easy as many believe, because all versions of the game connect to the same persistent video game world, which itself extends to multiple platforms

And...there you have it. There is no way, no way in hell that Microsoft or Sony would allow a crossplatform game that would be playable on a mouse+keyboard combo on a large scale. As soon as the brotards got a taste of PC pwnage the outrcy would be the biggest PR disaster of the decade...

News Comments > Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video
12. Re: Project CARS vs. Real-Life Comparison Video Apr 29, 2014, 07:28 InBlack

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 21:40:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 21:30:
Well, they seem to have nailed the car performance and handling if nothing else... And its pretty much all that matters to me. Graphics have been fine enough for a LONG LONG time.

Cars usually don't "bump,bump,bump" when driving down a decline.. so no, their physics are not up to snuff.. no correct 4 point suspension modeling

When their suspension is setup so low that the tyres are maybe less than 1cm from the body, then the answer is yes. Yes they do.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 05:02 InBlack

Watched the episode last night. Wasnt too bad, I kind of like the fact that they are showing stuff not yet revealed (hinted at maybe) in the books, although the whodunit with regards to Joffrey's killing was lame. Especially as we still dont know for sure who killed Arryn (remember him?) we are still uncertain about Jon's mother (although there are major hints in the series as well as the books) and most importantly Melissandre's badly interpreted prophecy is still a major mystery.

I kind of realize why they had to change Bran's and Jon's story but as long as the stories eventually play out as they do in the books its all good. Makes for a more interesting watch for the book readers which I believe is the main reason they went ahead and did it this way.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 29, 2014, 03:53 InBlack

mag wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 01:59:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 21:53:
Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 20:22:
Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 15:33:
I do enjoy ME more than Fallout. I was never really a massive fan of the first two, and while I love FO3 and NV, I don't love them as much as I do ME.

Hand in your gamer card, sir! How anyone can not absolutely adore FO1/2 is too insane to contemplate!

No, my gamer card is fine where it is. I don't think FO1/2 are the greatest RPGs of all time. OMG SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION SHOOT HIM DEAD!

Creston is history's greatest monster.

FO1 and 2 is my favorite RPG series of all time (3 not so much, NV was pretty good though), but I can respect someone with a different opinion.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod
11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod Apr 29, 2014, 03:43 InBlack

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 11:00:
InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 10:51:
Who has seen the Russian movie of the same name, that the game is based on? I have to admit I watched it recently and found it to be too slow. But the premise and some of the scenes are fucking awesome.

Isn't it based on a series of books?

Yes, Roadside picnic. I havent read the book but Ive watched the film:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079944/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: 60 Minutes shocked to find 8-inch floppies drive nuclear deterrent. Apr 29, 2014, 03:40 InBlack

What kind of technology is espionage and hacker resistant???

Obsolete techonolgy. Nuff said.

7191 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo